The Masters crash-landed?

I was browsing through BS01, looking at the new pages for the 2015 line, and I found something on basically all of the Toa pages. To paraphrase, "after the battle between Ekimu and Makuta, the Masters crash-landed on the island of Okoto."

Has this been explained anywhere else? If it's on all of the pages, I have to assume that this info has some basis in fact.

If they crash-landed, how? And from where? A boat in a storm? Or in some sort of interstellar ship from planet in a distant star system?

I know its a reboot, but what if, per say, they crash-landed there after some mixture of interdimensional and interstellar travel from Spherus Magna? I get that the characters are very different from their G1 counterparts, but I haven't seen any speculation on here concerning this information, so I figured I'd go for it. :P

Another planet, another dimension, another time... It could work, right?

EDIT: A good point made by TSM:

But if they crashed onto Okoto, did they already have their masks to begin with? And if so, how did masks presumably made by Ekimu wind up in space, only to crash back down again? The legend of the maskmakers sounds like it took place before any other major events in the new storyline...

Thoughts? Theories? Theatrics?

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~
  • Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

You know, I kind of assumed that the crash-landed bit was revealed at the comic con thing, and only people there would have known it, but now I really wonder as well. I look forward to seeing the answer to this question.

however I like the idea of interdimensional/interstellar travel... i would totally support that.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The only place I've seen this stated is on Brickjournal. I don't know its been stated anywhere else. 

I suppose it could be possible that the Masters were launched into the air and 'crash-landed' when they fell back down, kind of like what happened to the Toa Nuva in the original story. But that is just a guess on my part. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this from. It seems like speculation to me.

Although realistically the Toa would have to come from somewhere, seeing as they are a little different from the Protectors. :shrugs: There's no indication that they were around in Ekimu's time.

I got the info from BS01, and hadn't heard of it before. Figured I'd ask about it whilst posting a theory related to the info, should it prove to be true that they did crash-land on Okoto.

Good call on the differences. If you look at the designs for the Mask Makers (particularly the legs) in the animation, they seem to be rather short in stature. Possibly the Okotans  are all shorter, and the Toa are from elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I believe it is something the Bionicle team said when answering questions? Can't seem to find a direct quote though.

If they go with interdimensional/interstellar travel though, I wouldn't be surprised if that twist ends up being the Mata Nui Robot of this new generation.

Also, apparently (according to the Art Director) the Protector of Fire tells Tahu that he "is the Toa of Fire" so I think the concept of Toa exists on this island before they arrive.

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

This is Comic-Con stuff passed down by word of mouth. It's bound to get messed up somewhere. Something like this may have never even been said.

It's best, I think, to trust only that you can see with your own eyes when it comes to new Bionicle info. Videos, pictures, bios, set information, that have been released to the public online and are easily findable.

This could just as easily be true as it could be false, but we don't know yet, so don't worry about it! :)

Edited by Axilus Prime
  • Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

There are some very enthusiastic editors on BS01, who have jumped the gun on a lot of these items. I'll ask if any of them can present tangible evidence for this, and if they can't, I will wipe it from the wiki.

• Upvote 4
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I noticed that line on BS01 too. I took it as probably an assumption based on the 2001 incarnation, in which they did crash land. I would assume it's not confirmed until we see it confirmed.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It was said on the back of the mini posters given away at NYCC. Proof: http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_6876.jpg

• Upvote 6

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

How about, they use an Olmak to try and get to where the Great-Beings took refuge to find out stuff for Mata Nui, but some protective shield around the Great-Beings' planet warps them randomly to Okoto, and they need to  get the mask of creation in that dimension and revive Ekimu to make a kanohi Olmak to take them back.

Hurrah! It's a continuation after all!

Edited by Mailli
  • Upvote 2

How about, they use an Olmak to try and get to where the Great-Beings took refuge to find out stuff for Mata Nui, but some protective shield around the Great-Beings' planet warps them randomly to Okoto, and they need to  get the mask of creation in that dimension and revive Ekimu to make a kanohi Olmak to take them back.

There is literally no indication that anything like that is the case

Interesting idea regardless

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I have never seen a purer form of sheer desperation.

The past is to be celebrated, but we need to move on and learn to let it go.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

The posters, eh? Are we certain that those are official canon, though? "Crashed" could be a filler word for something else implying that they're new to Okoto.

Still, I would like it if there was some connection, besides the name of the theme and the characters. Something to tie it together a bit more. Like how in Transformers Beast Wars, Waspinator was possessed briefly by the spark of G1 Starscream.

Just some nice, clever little hints that only the older fans will pick up on.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Yes, I'm sure "crashed" means "just barely arrived". Seems pretty clear to me. It's also a nod to 2001, so I like it.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The posters, eh? Are we certain that those are official canon, though? "Crashed" could be a filler word for something else implying that they're new to Okoto.

Still, I would like it if there was some connection, besides the name of the theme and the characters. Something to tie it together a bit more. Like how in Transformers Beast Wars, Waspinator was possessed briefly by the spark of G1 Starscream.

Just some nice, clever little hints that only the older fans will pick up on.

Unless I'm very blind or very stupid... Did noone else notice that the name used on that poster is OTOKO? I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've seen it written down that way. I certainly had it in mind as being Okoto and I'm pretty sure all of the other discussions have used the same spelling. I was just in the 'what do we call the new Toa' thread and it uses the Name OKOTO 28 times and the name OTOKO zero times...

Someone has got something VERY wrong!!!

IMG_6876.jpg

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 2

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Looks like the poster may have been preliminary stuff, thrown together as just a rough, quick glance at the new story.

Or it's a typo. *COUGHONYACOUGH* Anyway, the crash thing seems pretty canon, especially due to the image posted above.

• Upvote 4

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Looks like the poster may have been preliminary stuff, thrown together as just a rough, quick glance at the new story.

Or it's a typo. *COUGHONYACOUGH* Anyway, the crash thing seems pretty canon, especially due to the image posted above.

Yeah, something like that. :P

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

.....Interesting. They really are following the 2001 outline nearly to the letter. I presume that we'll eventually get an explanation about where these Toa came from (I doubt very much that they were launched from the Codrex....) but for now it's an intriguing mystery.

That said, I wonder if they landed in canisters as well?

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

.....Interesting. They really are following the 2001 outline nearly to the letter. I presume that we'll eventually get an explanation about where these Toa came from (I doubt very much that they were launched from the Codrex....) but for now it's an intriguing mystery.

That said, I wonder if they landed in canisters as well?

Nope. They obviously landed in cardboard boxes this time. :P

• Upvote 7

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, I found the pic from BZP's twitter:

2015crashed.png

Pic on the top right. 

-NotS

Does anybody else see two PLANETS in the background there?

Aqua Magna Confirmed!

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Oh... I see theres more planets... There's a green one with a ring, and several behind it in the first picture.

The real ones of interest are the planets that are obviously Bota and Bara Magna.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

"AND THEN I CRASHED INTO YOU, AND I WENT UP IN FLAMES-"

Dang I love that song.

But anyway I'm pretty interested in the toa crashing from the sky/stars. Sounds fuuuuun! And you could say that the original toa crash landed on Mata-Nui in a way...

• Upvote 5

*snip*

They descended from the heavens in immaculate angelic chorus.

LEGO probably wouldn't go there ('cause religion), but it would be pretty cool to have the Toa be analogous to angels.

Just pop some wings onto them and you're ready to go.  :P

Oh wait... 2008...

• Upvote 5

I have never seen a purer form of sheer desperation.

The past is to be celebrated, but we need to move on and learn to let it go.

Use a bit of imagination and you could theorise anything.

• Upvote 1

The whole setup could be two things:

Teridax never got killed. Instead, he slipped onto another planet relatively close, made the artifitial legend of the two brothers slip into the protector's minds, and faked his unconsciousness, all while swiping the hidden mask of control. The Toa were later sent in capsules that, while safely landing them, accidentally wiped their memory clean. They only have slight memories of the battles they once fought, but when they go home, their memory will be revealed.

Or...

It's just an alternate universe. Spherus magna, whatever it be called now, is three parts, and very obviously three parts. The Toa in this universe must meet up with the Toa Nuva eventually in the prime universe, and when they do...

• Upvote 2

Why is everyone so convinced that Spherus Magana will feature in the new story AT ALL? I missed a lot of the Comic-con stuff so forgive me if I'm oblivious to something important but has anyone actually even mentioned the word Magna?

Does anybody else see two PLANETS in the background there?

Aqua Magna Confirmed!

Yes there ARE two planets in the background! If you keep your blinkers on... Otherwise you'll see there are at LEAST three planets and possibly more given the poor quality of the picture.

Oh... I see theres more planets... There's a green one with a ring, and several behind it in the first picture.

The real ones of interest are the planets that are obviously Bota and Bara Magna.

Points for realising your mistake. Immediately withdrawn by your second comment. Really? Is it that obvious? Why are they so clearly Bota and Bara Magna? Are there labels I can't see? Did some secret insider confide this information in you? Or are you just getting really ecited and making this stuff up? If those two are so obviously Bota and Bara Magna (and I assume you believe we're already ON aqua magna) then what are the other planets? That must be obvious too right or your theory has a massive flaw.

The whole setup could be two things:

Or...

It's just an alternate universe. Spherus magna, whatever it be called now, is three parts, and very obviously three parts. The Toa in this universe must meet up with the Toa Nuva eventually in the prime universe, and when they do...

Again, what is obvious about the planet in the new storyline being in three parts? I don't see any 'parts' either present or missing... All I see is a bunch of planets, none of which look like they broke off another stellar body.

I thought this topic was discussing whether or not the Toa crash-landed? Given the picture shown above I'd say there's a high chance that they came from off-planet (or from a very distant part of the planet) as it seems to depict them falling from the sky. Of course that could mean something different, could even be that this is the arrival of the Skull Spiders or all we know. The net picture showing a Toa in smopke certainly suggests that it was them in the 2nd frame though. 

This is how we construct a logical hypothesis based on available evidence. Has anyone mentioned any of the Magna planets up till now? And I mean officially of course, not just us lot! Provided there hasn't been a disclosure I'm unaware of I really hope there is NEVER any mention of Spherus Magna or any of it's component parts. I thought the original storyline regarding the planet was absolutely ridiculous. Yes not as ridiculous as a trillion foot robot but if there was no Spherus Magna there would BE no trillion foot robot so make of that as you will...

/rant

• Upvote 4

Anyone actually think this could be a lot like the circumstances of 01. The Toa were on their way to Metru Nui in 01 but got sent to Mata Nui instead, right?

Well what if they were actually destined to go somewhere else(like some other planet), but the Protectors sent up some sort of distress beacon that automatically made the Toa crash land on that planet. Maybe we could find out more about their original goal as the time goes on.

Edited by King of Dust

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, I found the pic from BZP's twitter:

2015crashed.png

Pic on the top right. 

-NotS

That looks beast... Wait...

What if that Kini looking thing is what summons the Toa?

What if a protector has amnesia from that like Takua?

What if a game is made about that protector?

BIONICLE: Tales of the Protectors confirmed! xD

• Upvote 2

Click me to see my Youtube Channel!
:t:  :m_o:  :a:   :m_o:  :f:   :s:  :h:  :a:  :m_d:  :m_o:  :w:  :s:

That's a good point, hadn't really paid any attention to the beacon looking thing in the first cell there... It does seem like they're being summoned rather than arriving by chance doesn't it?