Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Poly:

I moved my tongue around, wetting my dry mouth.

"You know, there are better ways to ask...."

IC: Helix/Unused Dorm

"I'll apologize for that, but we had to make sure that you wouldn't cause a lot of trouble. We believed, from what you did in the gym, that you would be a little less reasonable. I should also tell you now, on the topic of that, we temporarily disarmed for the moment, and we will return your arms once you are done."

I pushed over a gallon sized beaker (it was more like a vat with this size) over to him.

"Please dispense as much as you can. I don't expect your glands to be able to produce that much in a few minutes."

IC Kat:

"We may have a group that will take and hide us, but they want is to deal with.... A problem of theirs.

I went over the other details, describing each Rahkshi and the mutilation.

"So that's the deal we've been given. I didn't want to make a decision until we all know what we're up against..."

OOC: editing in additional posts.

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Xara - Warehouse.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but this sounds like fun," the grin currently plastered all over my face was probably what some would describe as terrifying, "besides, it's not like people are queuing up to offer us help." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Era - Warehouse.

"Are they really using us as pawns, though?" I prompted, "I mean yes, obviously there's some stuff Johmak wasn't telling us, but did you guys seriously expect anyone would ever help us for free?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

"Kid's got a point, it does feel like they're just using us to take care of their trash...."

IC Percy:

Block with one, swing with one. Easy.

I feel my power kick in, and with a screech of steel, I slip myself and my sword to the right, under the large blade, tracing another line, horizontally, across the legs of my foe with my blade.

IC Poly:

Another raised eye ridge, but I set my chin on the rim, and begin to secrete poison. From my face. How undignified.

Edited by Chumpu

IC Caoutchouc / Warehouse

His mind churned, working through the information and the others responses to it. More than a few unsettling thoughts came to mind.

Had they been told the whole truth? (no) Were they told even a significant fraction of it? (unlikely)

Era's comment made him reconsider the differences between the Makuta and their new benefactors. Both sought payment for their services, both of their first thoughts of their usage had tended towards violence and with both they were most definitely on a need-to-know basis. And they were dubbed most unneedy by both to boot.

And last but not least, these rogue Rahkshi were frankly disturbing. All of the literature he'd read on the old breed painted them as little more than automatons, even the most highly evolved of them. But, all of these Rahkshi seemed to have purpose, personality, a sense of self even. Perhaps even more so than Palma had back at the school... He was almost worried to think it, much less say it, but he suspected that these Rahkshi were new breed. That they were like them.

People.

What he wanted, more than anything was to find these Rahkshi and talk with them. To find the truth of this matter.

After minutes of deliberation spent silently listening to the others, he took a step forward and spoke up.

"I say we do it."

...but close to it

IC Kat:

"Kid's got a point, it does feel like they're just using us to take care of their trash...."

"We're the only Rahkshi they know," I pointed out to Kat, "and they have a problem wish some rahkshi." Maybe I was too trusting, too hopeful, too willing to wish for the best from others, but, "What else were they supposed to do?" 

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

The look on Jayar's face instantly told Hoto the news was not going to be good, and Kat soon confirmed that. Hoto listened impassively as the Rahkshi were listed off like a roll call. But by the end of it, Hoto's joints rattled as she shook with fear.

She had not come all this way, only to be dragged into another fight. But she was too good to say so. She would hear what the others had to say.

IC: Fang - Malebranche

The plasma vents in Fang's carapace bubbled and steamed as he heard Kat's explanation. He had come to much the same conclusion as Caoutchouc and Shield. When he could bear it no longer, Fang stepped forward. "May I remind you that we just escaped a school ruled by a tyrannical villain? One that pushed us to attack each other, to attack innocent Matoran! How can we be sure that this is the right course of action? How do we know what they have told us is accurate?"

His questions were addressed to the whole group, but Fang was doing his best to not meet Kat's gaze.

• Upvote 1

IC--Nyarl--Rendezvous point/Traveling

Nyarl made sure he had a tight grip on his three stolen masks, wished once more that he hadn't lost his disk, and took flight, heading for the river.

IC--Kaboom--Gym

"That's kind of beside the point," Kaboom replied, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "No-one is going to give up a limb no matter what you have planned for it, bud. People tend to be attached to that sort of thing, in more ways than one."

IC--Footwork--Gym

"Not anymore, it isn't," Footwork muttered grimly, thinking back to the assignment he had only just avoided. "Gorast saw to that."

IC--Beat--Library

Beat waved to the departing Rahkshi, then checked the library for other students.

OOC: If one of your characters is in the library, you can just assume that Beat tapped him on the shoulder, said there was "real food" in the gym, and then moved on looking for more students.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

"How can we be sure that this is the right course of action? How do we know what they have told us is accurate?"

"Well, if you've got any better ideas, feel free to share them," I snapped, glowering at Fang, "We knew when we set out that this wasn't going to be easy, and since this Johmak - whoever the karz she actually works for - is the only being in the karzing universe who seems to be offering to help us right now, we can't waste that opportunity." 

IC--Kaboom--Gym

"That's kind of beside the point," Kaboom replied, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "No-one is going to give up a limb no matter what you have planned for it, bud. People tend to be attached to that dot of thing, in more ways than one."

IC: Bonegleam - Gym.

"Well, that's disappointing," I lowered my hands to let them dangle loosely at my sides, "but it's like I said earlier. If people aren't going to give, I'll just have to take. So tell me, which of your arms are you less attached to?" 

IC: Malattia

"Thanks... I think?" I have no idea how to respond back to a comment like that. "I suppose this is a dangerous place. But I'm sure we can just power through it, and nobody will bother us."

IC: Leviathan

At last, I stand to my full height, still clutching my hand. It hurt so much, but I had to make zero noise, to show no signs of emotion or weakness. I look around for any of the others, to see if they were still alive. I can't believe they were that prepped for battle. I suppose Rahkshi attacks around here are not uncommon... I was not prepared for that. But how could I have prepped myself? Well.. Bring a heal-hold on. I wonder if I could rejoin my hand with my powers. I consider the fact for a moment. If I could pull it off, and that was a big if, then it would leave me vulnerable and weak, not to mention in serious pain. But if I didn't attempt it... Well, another attack may force me to leave my hand behind. After all, to fight right now for me would be suicide- Something to avoid. Either way, I would have to flee, but truth be told I would love to do so with both hands rather than one, despite my despise of retreating. How would I even begin, though? I sit back down, pondering.

Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Jayar / Malebranche

It did seem rather obvious that there was more to know about these rogues than they had been told. And their only really option for finding out more was speaking with them... Jayar nodded. "I agree with Caoutchouc," he said. "We just... don't really have any better options."

Of course, though, there was something else worrying him, worse for the terrified clattering emanating from beside him: What of Hoto? Even if they tried to talk peacefully, he had to admit, the chances remained high that fighting would end up involved at some point anyways. And he knew firsthand what that could do to her...

Yet still she was too kind to speak of her own fears. Jayar slid a hopefully reassuring arm around her. He wasn't yet going to speak up on her behalf - let the current dilemma be concluded before introducing another to deal with, and perhaps give her the chance to speak first - but at the same time, he could certainly let her know that at least he recognized her distress, and was there for her.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Snake - Warehouse, 4th Tier, Malebranche

I shake my head, trying to process the information. My fear and panic is quickly turning to anger. We've been set up. I don't know Era well, but obviously all Xara can see is another opportunity to prove how good she is at killing people. I open my mouth to speak, but Cao and the kid are already voicing my thoughts.

Kathok

IC: Snap [Gym]

She shifted her position in the chair a bit, to face more towards the others. "Well, i'm no expert but, Phantom is crawling with matoran, and it's pretty close to here, right?"  She said, having neither been to Gorast's event, nor outside the school since.

IC (As Feka): "Phantom is destroyed. I found out when I first arrived and using another matoran village here will not be a good idea, they are extremely hostile, or so I've heard." Said the rahkshi of sonics. "I'll have to go back home if I want to find out." 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Fang turned on Xara. "But at what cost?" he asked, a hint of his old rage slipping into his voice. "No one dares to say it, but we all know Johmak expects war. We are not the Rahkshi who kill and destroy blindly! We escaped to find our own way in the universe, not be dragged along by some new warmonger!"

Hoto jumped a little as the arm fell across her shoulders, but the shaking calmed, just a little. She turned to face Jayar and smiled at him gratefully. At least he understood. 

IC: Tear - Dormitories

"I... I hope it's safer than my home," Tear said softly. "My friends... d-didn't stay long." Tear's eyes were glistening with tears again, and she decided to set down the brush. She was almost finished anyway.

IC--Kaboom--Gym

"Hey, do I look like a walking charity, buddy?" Kaboom was careful to look the guy directly in the eye as he asked that, so hopefully the enemy would pay more attention to his face, and less to the hand that was casually plucking a Madu Cabolo behind his back.

IC--Beat--Library/Halls

Once she was pretty sure she had gotten everyone in the library--or close enough, at least--Beat set off back toward the gym.

IC--Shrapnel--Halls

Shrapnel could tell she was getting close to the gym. She could hear the sounds of mock-combat, and smell...something cooking? Strange. She cautiously slipped toward the source, doing her best to act casual.

IC--Nyarl--Traveling

Nyarl wasted no time, and withing half an hour he sighted the river below. Realistically speaking, it was more like a large creek at the very most, but it was big enough to swim in, and it would lead to the sea, which would in turn take him back to the school. Nyarl plunged into the cooling water and began swimming downstream.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Shark / Gym

Shark sprung into the air, knees high, letting Percy's blade move right under his legs. He was already lunging the moment he landed, jabbing the point of Faithful at his enemy's carapace.

IC: Vlad / Skies

"Er..." Vlad did his best to interpret that meaningful look Revenge gave him, coming up with some sort of confidence in his leadership abilities, "vell, if somethink vent wronk at zer village, I vould rather zere vere more scouts zan less." He was trying to sound confident in his decision.

Fang turned on Xara. "But at what cost?" he asked, a hint of his old rage slipping into his voice. "No one dares to say it, but we all know Johmak expects war. We are not the Rahkshi who kill and destroy blindly! We escaped to find our own way in the universe, not be dragged along by some new warmonger!"

"Who said anything about war?" I frowned, "We've been asked to find out what these guys want, and only try to kill them if they turn out to be completely psycho. So unless you know someone else who's willing to help us, I vote that we go."

IC--Kaboom--Gym

"Hey, do I look like a walking charity, buddy?" Kaboom was careful to look the guy directly in the eye as he asked that, so hopefully the enemy would pay more attention to his face, and less to the hand that was casually plucking a Madu Cabolo behind his back.

IC: Bonegleam - Gym.

Unfortunately, I wasn't paying much attention to the other rahk's face. Instead, I was focusing on the arms, trying to determine which hand was the dominant one. Presumably, it was the one now reaching for something behind his back.

"I'll make this quick," I promised, drawing my staff, "If you hold still, it should be a clean cut." I lashed out, swinging the blades towards the shoulder of his other arm. It would be rude of me to deprive him of his favourite limb, after all.

IC Kat:

"Enough! I didn't bring back this news so we could fight among ourselves about it. So, let's put it to vote. Who want's to see where this takes us, and who want's to find another way?"

"I... what other choice do we have?" I sighed, "I vote we try to talk to these guys."

IC Flabbergaster

Oh no, it's split-face again. Time for a little annoyance.

Making it as loud as possible, Flabbergaster made a statue of himself right behind Glaciem Ignis, then pretended to be fixated on the food and keeping the plates together.

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

What the karz is that? We turned towards the sound, finding ourselves confronted by a statue of an enormous fat Rahkshi.

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

IC: Shark / Gym

Shark had to admit, the kid was fairly good. Still it was a simple matter to sway backwards and knock aside Percy's blade with an arc of Faithful, deciding as he did so to bring his laser into play and activating it. As the bright energy built he gave the sharp side of his sword a fierce swing horizontally for Percy's right thigh, and by that time the head-mounted weapon discharged with an orange flash, sending a laser sprinting swiftly through space towards Percy's left shoulder.

"If what Johmak said is true, then these Rahkshi are violent, unstable, and powerful. One wrong word, and we're their next victims." Fang's heated voice suddenly dropped to frigid severity. "And I don't want to think about if they're lying."

He couldn't ignore Kat any longer. She hadn't spoken a word for or against Johmak, but somehow he felt she was not on his side of it. And he hated to disagree with her. "I cannot in good conscience throw these Rahkshi into danger on the word of someone who can't even say who she's working for. There must be another option. And if not... we push on. We continue with our plan."

Jayar had brought her a small amount of comfort, but every word of the argument sent her further and further in despair. And yet she could not form the words she needed to say. But for Jayar, her shaking told everything.

IC: Call - Causeway

Call pushed on, flying across the Causeway as fast as he was able. He was a few minutes behind, but he knew the way, and he had plenty of time to catch up to Vlad. He just hoped he wasn't going to be too late.

• Upvote 1

IC: Bullseye and Toxin/Dorm Hall > Gym

Toxin had become accustomed to his new suit and had begun practicing his typical ninja flips and stuff in the hall.

"I'm getting a little better...but it wouldn't hurt if we went to the Cauldron to file down a few plates to increase my flexibility and agility."

"Might as well, but we need to be careful. Take your weapons."

"Okay. Wait, let's got to the gym first. When we met that Rahk that offered to help, he wore something that interested me. I wanted to see if I could find something like that over at the armory."

"Sure."

After taking his weapons, Toxin joined Bullseye, and the brothers headed out to the gym.

IC: Jayar / Malebranche

The increasingly vehement rattling at his side made it clear that for Hoto things were only getting worse.

And yet he felt he needed to speak up. Even though he doubted what he had to say would help any.

"The way I see it, even accounting for all that, this is still our best chance," he said calmly. "If we turn down this offer entirely, try to make it through the universe on our own, we're bound to run into even worse threats than these along the line. Repeatedly. And they'll tend to catch us by surprise, no time to plan or contemplate. (Not to mention the Karz we'll have to make it through when the Brotherhood inevitably catches on to our flight...) Whereas this, this is only one mission alone to earn the covert completion of our journey, and whether Johmak's lying to us or not, we have at least some idea of what we're up against. On all counts, there's more danger inherent in the aftermath of rejecting this offer than there is in accepting it, I think."

He looked compassionately to Hoto, arm still tight around her, for all the meager good it did. "It's not perfect, I know," he added, pained with the understanding that what he'd just said wasn't helping and wishing there was some better way than, "And we will need to work something out to keep Hoto clear; I cannot let her be dragged into fighting again." You could tell this was non-negotiable. "But I think in the long run... I think this is the best option we have."

"I cannot in good conscience throw these Rahkshi into danger on the word of someone who can't even say who she's working for. There must be another option. And if not... we push on. We continue with our plan."

"What are you talking about?" I snapped, "This is the plan, isn't it? We come here, talk to your little Grossh buddy, and hope that he can find someone willing to help us out." 

IC: Malattia

"Hey... Don't worry about it. I'll be there to help you through whatever happens. Anything comes our way, I'll just talk to them sarcastically until they go away." I say, smiling. After all, that has gotten me through my life so far...

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"The original plan," Fang snapped right back, furious at being doubted. "We don't have to go through Grossh. We never did. There are plenty of places we could escape to, the Southern Isles being one."

As much as he hated to admit it, Jayar's argument was a compelling one. This was not their last battle. It might not even be their only potentially deadly one. But that didn't mean Fang couldn't try to avoid this one, one he knew could very easily go very wrong.

At first, Hoto couldn't believe what she was hearing. She froze in a stunned silence as Jayar spoke his thoughts. He was going?

But then... she allowed herself to breath a sigh of relief. A tender grin slipped onto her face. He did understand.

IC: Tear - Dormitories

Tear suddenly did something unexpected. She forgot her tears and sadness to do something she hadn't done for a long time. She laughed. It was a fragile, hesitant sound, but there was genuine humor in it.

The laugh turned into a yawn, and Tear wavered on the bed, somewhere between staying up to talk to her friend and falling asleep again.