Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Glass

Xara gave a small smile and shrugged.

"I guess that's resolved then... So, uh, how have you been, Xara?" Glass asked in a small voice.

IC: Xara - Hallways.

"Well, I've been tired, crabby, hungry, but now I'm just happy to be back," I replied quietly, "It's... a long story."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Crate - Gym

Excellent.

"Well...if you're looking for a team..."

A smirk etches itself across my face.

"We're getting together a little crew ourselves..."

As if on cue, Door arrives with a new companion. "Speaking of..."

IC: Paladin - Gym

They knew each other, then.

I let my hand relax, moving it away from my sword.

IC: Rider - Hallways

"Hello!" I said to Revenge's brother.

"I'm Rider, and this is Claws." I gestured to my pet ussal.

IC: Tear - Gym

He took in the two before him. Neither one was familiar, but with how little he had seen of the school, it wasn't surprising. "I understand we will be working together," he offered. "I am Tear."

IC: Tube - Gym

"Yeah, go make a friend!"

Wait, what?

IC: Garrotte - Gym

"I apologize if I offended you," Garrotte added emotionlessly. "This seems to happen a lot."

IC: Reda - Gym

She takes a half step back and scoffs. "Have you looked at yourselves? You'd only hold me back. I need someone like... that!" She points out Sliver and Zas'ma, recognizing their confident, predatory stance.

IC Zas'ma:

Satisfaction flared in both her eyes and mind. It was so delightfully simple. Present herself with confidence, and others will see competence.

So long as she didn't over do it, it was all it took to gain a powerful ally.

"I have every intention of doing my share, of course," she said with a hint of a purr.

IC Ezec and Aza:

Aza scoffed, taking Thurisaz' bait as she always had, "They should be afraid of you if anyone. Your simpering sympathetic foolery does them nothing but disservice!"

Ezec sighed, a sort of low grumbling noise, and addressed Kororia.

"I am Ezec, White God of Destruction. The assignment is little more than a game, given by your headmaster. Teams of four are to be made and Icarax will assign one of them as a .... What was it... VIP, yes. The object of the game is to protect your team's VIP and disable the other team's."

IC Grim:

"Excellent. Ah, and it seems we have two more to add to our repertoire. Hello again,"

IC: Door - Gym

"That reminds me; I don't believe we've been properly introduced. I'm Door."

IC: Helkyrie - Gym

Helkyrie nodded to Vlad. "Thank you." She then turned to Garrotte. "You know... if you're willing, I might just be interested to hear about some of those... accidental offenses of yours."

IC: Orloc - Hallways

"I... uh... well..." It had been a while since Orloc had even remotely considered their own identity, aside from their existence as a point of ridicule for so many people. What was their name again? Did they ever have a name? Did they have many names or one? Had their name changed? These were all good questions, but the most important question was: Who were they now? "My name... who I am... Fate? No... idiotic, simple, straightforward and non descriptive..." For a moment more, they thought about this. "I... recall it starting with... an O? O... What starts with an O... Obfuscation? No, that can't be it... Overprotective, Omnipotent, Obsolete, Old... None of these sound like a name I had." Orloc looked back up at Shark. "My apologies, it seems I've placed my name somewhere I can't quite find it."

IC: Rōzu - Gym

Rōzu walked into the gym carrying herself with strong determination and resolve. She had no regard for projecting any kind of pleasant pretence. She just needed to know what was going on here, and with that in mind, approached the closest people she happened upon: Sliver and Zas'ma. "Excuse me, I've arrived a bit late. What is involved in this assignment?" Her tone was neither demanding nor meek. It was a simple, straight-forward question.

IC: Uunrak - Gym

"This is Percy, by the way." I said, gesturing to Percy. "Percy, this is Grim... that is, if you two haven't met already." I, being the newcomer, would of course have no way of knowing. I turned to who was likely our fourth group member. "I'm Uunrak, by the way."

IC: Kororia - Friend: Located

She gasped, smiling wider. “A game?! I love games! ... How do you disable someone?”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"Good. All we need now are two more warm bodies to make up the numbers," as if on cue, another rahk approached us, asking about the specifics of the assignment, "We have to arrange ourselves into teams of four, one rahk from each team will be assigned the role of VIP, and the rest of us will have to defend our VIP while trying to eliminate the other team's VIPs. Last team standing wins." 

And I intend for that winning team to be mine. 

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"Vyper," I replied curtly, "Percy and I have met before." 

Percy might've been a little idealistic and naive, but I'd experienced his fighting prowess firsthand. Between him, and the Prefect, I was feeling quietly confident in the composition of this team. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"That reminds me; I don't believe we've been properly introduced. I'm Door."

IC: Floor

"Heh, that's interesting."

Floor offered his hand.

"I'm Floor."

Xara gave a small smile and shrugged.

"I guess that's resolved then... So, uh, how have you been, Xara?" Glass asked in a small voice.

"Well, I've been tired, crabby, hungry, but now I'm just happy to be back," I replied quietly, "It's... a long story."

"Well, we have some time on our hands. I'd be happy to listen to you."

ic Zas'ma:

Her eyes narrowed at the newcomer, but she did not speak yet.

Frankly, she found the idea insulting. This Rahkshi hadn't even bothered to show up on time, and had the gall to try and drag down a Prefect to make up for their failings?!

In a way, though, wasn't she doing the same?

Using the Prefect to her own advantage simply to gain power for herself?

The crucial difference was that she hadn't let on to Sliver that she was being used.

More baffling was Sliver's apparent willingness to sink to the other Rahkshi's level and actually indulge her question with the answers she sought.

Perhaps she'd chosen wrong? It certainly wouldn't be the first time. But it was too late to back out now; she'd made her play and she'd have to see it through now.

Zas'ma remained silent.

IC Percy:

"Heya, Vyper! Any luck finding your sister?"

"Excellent," Tear said, looking over them appraisingly. "Floor, Crate," he gives a nod to each in turn, "I imagine we will do quite well."

IC: Garrotte - Gym

The corner of Garrotte's mouth tweaked upward in what could have been a sheepish grin. "Last time I did a game like this back home, I tripped our group leader so he lost. There was a good deal of running after that..."

"It's simple, because I'm the best," she smirked. "I'm better than everyone, especially gargling snotballs like you. And over there, I see talent, so if you'll excuse me..." She started walking away, giving Booger a wide berth to avoid soiling her armor.

--IC: The Clique (Luffy, Kri, Pyle, Oshi, Exigent): In the Gym--

"Hey!  Get back here!" Luffy said, grabbing Reda's shoulder as she walked away, letting his arm stretch as the distance between them grew.  "We want you on our team!"

Kri continued her search for violent teammates, looking left and right for anyone.  Anyone at all.  Anyone who wasn't Luffy or Pyle.

Unfortunately, she forgot to look forward, and as a result, she bumped into another Rahkshi who happened to be going the other way.  She fell to the floor.  "H-hey!  Watch where you're going!" she said, in an attempt to sound angry.

Pyle smirked in return.  "If you say so, sweetcheeks," he said.  He instantly regretted that; "sweetcheeks" may have been laying it on a little too thick.

He decided to abort any further embarrassment by scanning the crowd for any other potential guinea pigs- er, teammates.  There was this one purple chick that seemed pretty feisty, but Luffy seemed kind of attached to her.  Literally.  He'd wait to see what happened next before approaching her.

No use just sitting here, Oshi, she thought.  You can do this.  Yes, you can.  Just get over yourself, go up to someone, and talk to them.  They're not going to hurt you... maybe.  Besides, you'll get in trouble if you just spend the entire assignment sitting in the corner.

Slowly, Oshi stood up and wandered into the crowd, looking as apprehensive as all get out.  Oh God...

Perhaps it'd be wise to take some initiative in finding partners for the assignment, rather than simply wait for others to approach.  Exigent strode through the Gym, keeping an eye out for any potential candidates.

He came across a red and black Rahkshi standing alone, and approached her.  Right away, he imagined her being eaten alive by insects while tied to a pole.  "Hello there," he said.  "Are you, by any chance, participating in the assignment?"

--OOC:--

Kri bumped into Illusive.

That's Misery Exigent found.

IC: Dissent - Hallways

Dissent sighed. She'd left the gym behind, what with the whole makuta orchestrated event taking place there. Uggh. How could anyone stand those self-important arrogant-

Walking the hallways, she came across a rather suspicious scene. A big guy, with a shark fin of a spine, crouching by some smaller sickly runt, wearing crimson robes, lying in a heap, yet visibly on edge. From where Dissent was standing, this definitely didn't bode well. So, being who she is; "Hey! You! Big guy! Why don't you take a step back?!"

"Not out here. We'd be better off discussing this somewhere that others can't overhear." 

Rōzu nodded. "Interesting assignment. Would it be agreeable with you two if I joined your team?"

IC: Sliver - Gym.

Compared to the previous recruit, this rahk was a little more difficult to read. But ultimately, we needed four members, and I doubted there'd be many more rahks around who'd suit my standards. I'd have to settle for whatever I could find, and since this rahk was offering, I saw no reason not to accept. 

"Very well." 

IC Percy:

"Heya, Vyper! Any luck finding your sister?"

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"Briefly, yes." Against my best efforts to prevent it, a smile momentarily adorned my face. It was rare to find a being who was genuinely interested in the ongoings of others. "Have you had any luck in locating your sibling?"

--IC: Kri

Unfortunately, she forgot to look forward, and as a result, she bumped into another Rahkshi who happened to be going the other way.  She fell to the floor.  "H-hey!  Watch where you're going!" she said, in an attempt to sound angry.

IC: Illusive - Gym.

I glanced at the rahk who'd run into me, and after a moment of consideration, decided to offer my hand to help them up. 

IC: Revenge and Danger-Hallways

Danger smiled. "That is awesome!" How long have you two known each other?

"We met when I first arrived at the school." Revenge replied. "Now, Rider, would you rather talk now or later?"

IC: Booger- Gym

"I want to be the best." Booger grumbled. Then a truly rare event happened, Booger had an idea. "Hey!" He shouted, running towards Sliver and Zas'ma, "I've got something to tell ya!"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Dissent + Orloc - Hallways

"Yeah?! Well I'd like to hear them say that, not you!" Dissent took a step closer, her stance tensing as if she were ready to leap into action at any moment.

Orloc, finally pulling themselves together, stood up from the floor. "It's quite alright, this apex predator themed fellow was simply talking to me, but I am thankful that you were concerned for my well being." Orloc turned to Shark. "Thank you for the talk. Perhaps when I remember my name, I shall let you know." And with that Orloc began walking away, waving a careful and reverent farewell to Shark.

As Orloc walked away, Dissent turned to Shark. "Alright, fine, I guess it was my mistake. What ever. Sorry, I guess." Dissent did not look happy, nor did she seem very sorry.

Rōzu simply raised an eyebrow at the approaching slime ball.

"Yes," Door concurred, "I have a feeling this team will do quite adequately in the coming assignment."

IC: Waiata - Gym

Waiata simply stifled a laugh at the 'sweetcheeks' part.

"Not out here. We'd be better off discussing this somewhere that others can't overhear."

"And to think I chose this place because it was secluded... Do you have anywhere in mind?"

Tear....

That's a full team. I consider giving a fake name.

Nah. Too much effort to make one up, and it'd get quite confusing for me.

"Crate." I simply say.

IC: Floor

"Pleased to meet you, Crate and Tear."

By Karz, how many of them share my lack of naming vocabulary!?

"Excellent," Tear said, looking over them appraisingly. "Floor, Crate," he gives a nod to each in turn, "I imagine we will do quite well."

"Let's hope so. The assignments haven't gotten any easier, and if this is to be a group effort, one can only begin to guess at what they'll throw at us."

IC: Reda - Gym

As the tension began building within Luffy's arm, Reda came to a cold stop. Without turning around, she hissed, "I see you don't understand how things work, so I'll give you this one warning. Let go."

She'd deal with whatever his slimy friend was doing when she got to it.

IC Ezec:

"Rendering them both incapable of participation mentally and physically I believe were the exact words." 

IC Aza:

She seethed in anger, her spines bristling. It was apparent it took all her self-control not to try tearing the insufferable Turahk apart.

"I don't... I don't need followers, I can do just fine on my own, Demon.

IC Percy:

"A few friends and rivals, but they hadn't seen her in a while." He shrugged. 

Now for the fun part.

Let's classify my temporary friends.

Door - Disintegration Rahkshi; I can tell by his color scheme, though inverted it's the same as any other Disintegration rahk. Judging by the dead rahi, perhaps a hunter too (Otherwise that's both intimidating and creepy).

Seems fairly tolerant of my antics so far, though I haven't started trying properly yet.

Possibly the one I have the most interest in so far.

Floor - Plasma rahkshi. The most plain of the bunch from what I can tell. Regular Plasma Rahkshi colours, nothing really stands out about him. Shares a naming scheme similar to mine, apparently. Also seems to be less tolerant of my hobby.

Tear - I can't identify his variation, making the first of the crew that I could not. Takes pride in his appearance, judging by the intricate colours decorating him. Seems confident. That can be changed.

I feel an out-of-character, odd sense of confidence regarding this assignment.

Perhaps....

Perhaps for once I will do what I was told, and play this game that Icarax has set forth.

IC: Rider - Hallways

"Nonono, we can talk now. I'm sure Rozu has everything in control at the gym."

I smiled, picking up Claws in my arms.

At that last comment, I drew my sword again, holding it in both hands.

"WATCH YOUR TONGUE, WITCH!" I spat out.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

IC: Kororia - Gym

“Oh! Like when you pin someone down when wrestling? I can do that! Mum taught me. She’s really good at fighting.” Kororia flexed her little arms. “Can I join your team? I’m really tough!”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

--IC: Luffy and Kri: In the Gym--
Luffy couldn't hear Reda from his position. He continued to strain harder, trying to reel her back in.
"Drippy Guy! Where'd you go?" he called. "Help me get this girl on our team!"

Kri grabbed the Rahkshi's offered hand and hoisted herself up. "Thanks," she said. She looked up to face her new acquaintance.
"Hey, you wanna be on my team for this assignment or something?"

Edited by Scrubbish

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"I've got it," Thurisaz soothed with electric calm, putting a tensed defusing hand on Paladin's shoulder. The vivid Turahk was almost basking in Aza's indignation, poised yet to respond should she snap. "No? Well, now's your chance to prove yourself," he assured her. "Some VIP will be very lucky to have you in their service."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

She hardly budged. Instead, she gave him about three seconds to reconsider, and then she struck. With whips coiled around her palms, she snatched the hand on her shoulder and pulled, driving the thorns into Luffy's rubbery skin and awaiting his snap back toward her.

"And now, we wait for other groups to manage to do what we have." He surveyed the room... partially to avoid eye contact with Crate. Tear didn't like the way he was staring at him.

IC: Kororia - Gym

While her new friend considered her offer, she saw Tear across the room, apparently having joined a team of her own. Kororia was very happy for her. When they made eye contact, she grinned and waved.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC Aza:

"Keep out of matters you know nothing about, dog!" she spat at Paladin before addressing Thurisaz once more, "Any mortal should be honored and humbled to have Gods on their side, even for an insipid game such as this!"

IC Ezec: Growing quite weary of Aza's flailing and sputtering, he somewhat ungracefully launched himself over to Kororia's shoulder, completely confident in her willingness to take the ever so slight burden of his weight.

Whether that proved the case was to be seen.

IC Diode:

"Well we seem to have gathered a full team, what sort of capabilities do we all have?" she asked the group at large.

IC: Kororia - Friend Catch!

Kororia was a little surprised to suddenly have a large kraata leaping at her, but caught her new friend all the same. She held him up so they were eye to eye.

“That was a very good jump!” she said, impressed.

IC: Booger- Gym

"Hey!" He shouted, running towards Sliver and Zas'ma, "I've got something to tell ya!"

IC: Sliver.

I turned slowly, directing my most menacing glower at the newcomer, "What?"

"And to think I chose this place because it was secluded... Do you have anywhere in mind?"

IC: Xara.

"I know, sorry. I just... I guess I'm a little paranoid right now."

IC Percy:

"A few friends and rivals, but they hadn't seen her in a while." He shrugged. 

IC: Vyper.

"I'm sure you'll find her. You just need to be patient." I had no idea if that was true, but it sounded like the appropriate kind of advice for people to give in this kind of situation. 

--IC: Kri: Gym--

Kri grabbed the Rahkshi's offered hand and hoisted herself up. "Thanks," she said. She looked up to face her new acquaintance.

"Hey, you wanna be on my team for this assignment or something?"

IC: Illusive.

With no one else queuing up to recruit me (my appearance had been changed, twice, since I'd last interacted with another rahk, so I wasn't expecting anyone to recognise me anyway), I was left with little option but to nod. 

IC: Helkyrie - Gym

"Well, I can smack, stab and cleave with my shovel. Also I've gotten a good handle on my teleportation ability I think."

IC: Waiata - Gym

"Perhaps those two would be willing to team up with us." Waiata said, looking over at Illusive and Kri. Without waiting for a response from Pyle, she walked over to the two, waving them a greeting. "Hey you two. Me and that guy over there-" She said, pointing her thumb behind her at Pyle, "- were wondering if you guys wanted to team up to make four?"

IC: Uunrak - Gym

"Who's your sister?" I asked Percy.

Dog?

DOG?!

"You had better be silent, woman, before I am forced to REMOVE your tongue and make you silent myself!"

The only thing keeping me from doing that at that moment was Lord Thurisaz's surprisingly reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

--IC: Luffy, Kri, and Pyle: In the Gym--

Luffy lost his footing at Reda's tug, and flew back at her, the tension in his rubbery arm propelling him faster and harder. He tried to keep himself from ramming into her, but he was too out of control.

"Ouchie."

"Cool. Thanks."

Kri turned around to face the newcomer, who was offering for her and her current partner to team up. "Yeah, why no-" She started to say, before seeing who the newcomer was gesturing to.

Pyle.

"No. No. Nuh-uh. Nope."

She was going to ask Kri to team up? That little weirdo? Please. There were better candidates than his masochistic older sister. Like that purple chick.

Pyle returned his attention to said purple chick, who had now been rammed into by Luffy. Oh dear. He approached her.

"Scuse me, dollface, but is this guy bothering you?" he asked.

Well, perhaps he would have collided with her if she wasn't prepared. But Reda was always prepared. As Luffy snapped forward to meet her, Reda leapt over him with assistance from her Dodge powers and aimed a kick at his back.

IC: Tube - Gym

"Can I please mash her?" Tube begged their Master.

Across the gym he met eyes with what seemed to be a sphere with legs. And she waved at him. Tear raised an eyebrow, scoffed, and moved his focus elsewhere.

OOC: You saw nothing. Definitely didn't reply in the wrong group.

Edited by Click

--IC: Luffy and Pyle: In the Gym--

Reda's kick sent Luffy flying even faster, and disoriented him a little. He couldn't see where he was going now, and found himself colliding with someone else...

"Get off me, Luffy."

Luffy brightened, despite the pain. "Oh hi, Pyle!" he exclaimed. "Are you here for the assignment, too?"

"No duh," Pyle snapped, shoving Luffy off of him and uprighting himself. "Sorry about my little brother," he said to the purple chick that had kicked Luffy.

"Hey, I'm not the little brother, you're the little brother!" Luffy whined.

Pyle silenced him with a kick.