Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Revenge and Danger-Hallways

"Ok then, lets..." Both brother's stomachs let out an audible grumble. "Get some food, we have been traveling for a while."

IC: Booger- Gym

Booger gestured towards Reda with his club. "That one said that you two are losers and she can take you both single handed!"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

--IC: Exigent: In the Gym--

Perhaps it'd be wise to take some initiative in finding partners for the assignment, rather than simply wait for others to approach.  Exigent strode through the Gym, keeping an eye out for any potential candidates.

He came across a red and black Rahkshi standing alone, and approached her.  Right away, he imagined her being eaten alive by insects while tied to a pole.  "Hello there," he said.  "Are you, by any chance, participating in the assignment?"

--OOC:--

That's Misery Exigent found.

IC: Misery - Gym

The Rahkshi of Teleportation casually glanced at the mostly silver being approaching her, briefly looking them up and down, before turning her attention back towards the crowd.

And then, in her signature bored monotone, she replied.

"What gave it away?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

--IC: Pyle and Exigent: In the Gym--

"Yes, yes he does," Pyle replied, returning the smirk.

"Say, you wouldn't happen to be interested in joining a team, would you?  Cause my partner and I are still scouting for more teammates.  If you're not averse, we'd take you."

"I suppose the mere fact that you are here in the Gym," Exigent said glibly.  "Would you care to partner up?"

"Might as well. Haven't had any other offers lately."

Hopefully, this one has some actual skill behind him.

IC: Rail - Gym

"Because he's a troublemaker known for bullying other students and instigating fights."

Rail, who was standing fairly close to the assembling group, couldn't help but overhear said conversation and take notice that Booger seemed to be back to his old habits again.

"I assumed he had learned his lesson the last time we met after I separated him from his fingers. Seems he now wants me to move on up to his hand."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Booger gestured towards Reda with his club. "That one said that you two are losers and she can take you both single handed!"

IC: Sliver - Gym.

I blinked. "Is that the best you can manage?"

Petty. Juvenile. Disgraceful. Pathetic. There were a lot of words I could've thrown back at this slimy wretch of a rahk. But ultimately, it would be much easier, and much more satisfying, to wait until the assignment had begun, then mangle him. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Zas'ma:

The slimy one was disgusting and dull-witted, it seemed, and Zas'ma was prepared to join in the telling off, but stopped herself. 

Somone like that could be useful if encouraged in the right way. and if she was careful, he'd never know she was just using him until she was finished with him.

The other seemed like he had something to prove, and was going about it in the most idiotic and confrontational way possible. He had a necklace of trophies from previous victims. Useless sentimentality, and a point of contact for grappling, but undeniably an intimidation tactic, and even a rather effective one. 

So when Zas'ma spoke it was not with venom and anger, but a cool and collected tone that betrayed neither her distaste nor her annoyance at the interruption.

"If what you say is true, then good. I prefer a challenge to an easy slaughter." 

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Later," Thurisaz assured Paladin and Tube grimly. They were, after all, about to enter a combative competition. He stepped smoothly past Paladin and Tube and stood toe to toe with Aza, fiery reflections of his carmine eyes burning in her own. "To have gods at your back is to ask to be stabbed there, sister of mine."

He stepped away as elegantly. "Anyways, I think we'll be going," he announced. "See you in the assignment, sister." He winked conspiratorially at Ezec and Kororia, then turned and lead his companions away from the seething self-proclaimed god.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Aza:

"Slink away, you coward!" She shrieked, finally rounding to see what Ezec was up to.

IC Ezec:

"Thank you. Adjusting to this form has been difficult. Not to speak of the difficulty to destroy anything in this pitiful state. You seem enthusiastic about this ordeal, perhaps I could make use of-"

IC Aza:

"How dare you?! Unhand him this instant, you pathetic wretch!!!"

GM IC ???- Forest of Kaam:

From a tree above the remaining Rebellion members came a hissing laugh, and a voice speaking Matoran.

"You lot are without a doubt, the worst band of Rahkshi I have ever seen."

From a branch high above, a Rahkshi of Adaptation leapt to the forest floor, unarmed.

"And that's including ferals."

• Upvote 2

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

Fang wheeled around to see... another Rahkshi. He glanced at the others questioningly. The leader of the Hand was a Rahkshi of Adaptation, right? Could this be him?

IC: Reda - Gym

"That depends," Reda replied, hands on her hips. "What do you and your partner offer me?"

IC: Tube - Gym

Tube turned and followed their Master, but not before cracking their faceplates and flopping their Kraata mouthparts with a rude noise reminiscent of someone sticking their tongue out.

IC: Kororia - Rude

“But if I do that, he’ll fall on the floor,” Kororia said to the yelling Rahkshi glaring her down. Her innocent confusion shifted back into a smile. “And my name’s not ‘pathetic wrench’, but it’s okay if you didn’t hear me earlier. My name’s Kororia! I only came here today, and I wanted to join your team! I’m very tough, Mum’s been teaching me how to fight!”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"Well," Pyle said, wringing his hands, "I am an expert at getting folks out of trouble, I can blend in with any situation, and I'm a master with these things."  He brandished The Shankers.  "As for my partner, well, you'll have to ask her.  She does have a pretty nifty axe-looking thing, though."

"Very good," Exigent said.  "You won't regret it, I assure you.

"Did you have anyone else in mind for recruitment, or shall I procure our last two comrades myself?"

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam.

Karz... what is wrong with me? First the Toa had snuck up on us without me noticing, and now this rahk as well. A rahk who could speak perfect Matoran, who'd been watching us, and presumably watching the Toa as well.

He had to be one of the rahks from The Hand of Spiriah. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

Jayar whirled around at the laughter, prepared for a confrontation, but the sardonic laughter didn't seem malicious. At least not right now.

It was embarrassing though, being belittled so by a member of the Hand of Spiriah.

In the ensuing silence of his companions he briefly considered calling Reach by name - for the Shadow Kraata of Adaptation surely must be he, the leader of the Hand. But it was decisively a bad idea to reveal they had such intel. "Are you only here to laugh at us?" he eventually asked cautiously.

OOC: Rail originally took four, but gave two back and left the others in front of Xara's dorm.

But since Nato never acknowledged their existence, let's just assume that he went back to retrieve them after he hadn't seen her around in a while, and they're currently being kept in his room.

IC: Rail - Gym

"We both reside in the same facility. Like it or not, you were bound to run into me again eventually."

To the other, he simply performed the Rahkshi equivalent of raising an eyebrow.

"So your idea of a challenge is a Rahkshi who's missing both an arm and a leg? Because he only goes after people when he thinks he can get away with it... which is probably why he was trying to start a fight in the first place. Couldn't take someone on himself, and he wanted you two to do it for him."

"Not particularly. My pick seems to have been taken."

OOC: Referring to Reda.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The crimson Turahk's grin was icy as he strode away confidently. "Insufferable, I agree," he remarked tersely. "Arrogance is the tragic flaw of most of my family. Those two, though, go so far as declaring themselves gods." He clenched a chiseled fist. "And if nothing more, I plan on watching their defeat."

He cheered up somewhat with that. "So. We can probably prepare. The three of you should go to the Armory and gather a few things our team lacks that might be handy in this urban environment. I'm mostly thinking ranged weapons, for firing from rooftops or across alleys, and some rope or chain for setting traps or keeping hostages. But grab anything you think we'll need." His ruby eyes glinted craftily. "I'm going to help some of the stragglers find teams."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

GM IC Reach:

The Adaptation Rahkshi frowned, and narrowed his orange eyes, clearly not understanding Jayar's kraata-speech, "Wait a minute, you aren't even.... but you're too well organized for ferals...."

A sharp whistle brought another Rahkshi out of the darkness. This one favored one leg and leaned slightly on a fan axe for support, but otherwise could have easily been Reach's twin.

"Get a read on these things."

All the Rebels would feel a pressure in the back of their heads that vanished almost immediately. The second Rahkshi whispered something conspiratorially to Reach, something no one but Era would hear.

"You're certain?"

A curt nod.

Reach sighed, and rubbed his eyes.

"Well, I don't know or care much where you came from. And it seems language barriers are gonna be a problem here. You aren't Shadow Kraata, but you're definitely not feral Rahkshi. I have that right so far?"

"So, uh... this isn't how I was expecting this to go down..." I turned to the others, "What do you want me to tell them?"

Why had he assumed they would understand? They language they spoke must be a New Breed invention. Or something inherent to it?

A fascinating question. But not exactly the thing to contemplate now. He nodded confirmation of the Shadow Kraata's query. Then he turned to Era.

"I guess that for reasons even the Makuta haven't yet pinned down, we're sentient," he suggested. "That somehow, we are something new."

IC God Twins:

"I..... you...... you what.....?" Aza broke off of her tirade long enough to be befuddled by what Kororia had said.

Ezec, luckily was a bit quicker on the uptake, "You do us honor small one, though I must inform you we are targets here in this place. Many will attempt on our lives during this game and I will be unable to destroy them. Are you certain about this?"

GM IC Johmak:

Satisfied with Hoto's response, she beckoned her inside, "Come, there is place to go if bad things do come."

IC: Kororia - You Can't Kill People That's Illegal

Kororia beamed at being told she did them honour, but frowned a little at Ezec's next words. "I'll try my best to not let anyone disable you! But where's your armour? I like to be outside mine sometimes, too, but you might need it for the assignment."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

Hoto cautiously followed Johmak inside, her clickers echoing in the small room as she tried to make sense of the area.

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

"Should we tell them why we're here?" Fang added softly.

IC: Tube - Gym

"See?" Tube grinned at Paladin. "Thurstaz is a good Master." And with that, they moved toward the Armory to do as he said.

"Show me to this partner of yours, and if she seems... above average, I may consider joining you."

IC: Garrotte - Gym

She pulled a greenish capsule from her belt. "My poison is good for sticky traps... not so much for poisoning."

Edited by Click

"We're... different." I replied, in Matoran, "Sentient. The Makuta still don't exactly understand how." 

IC: Revenge and Danger-Refectory

"Well then lets go." They wasted no time heading to the refectory. Revenge and Danger took their food and took their seats.

"Listen," Booger stammered, a hint of fear in his voice. "She said she would crush anyone who didn't join her, and she wouldn't let me join. I don't want to be crushed! So we need to get rid of her."

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"There is no we."

"All right," Pyle said, gesturing for Reda to follow him.

Through the crowd, he spotted Waiata, still talking to his weirdo sister Kri.  "Hey axe girl," he said, trying to get her attention.  "We got another potential teammate."

"Oh.  How... unfortunate."

This wasn't unfortunate at all, really; rather, it was a good thing.  This gave Exigent a chance to team up with students he thought were capable.  After all, the only standards one could really trust were one's own.

IC: Shield - Forest

What the-

How'd he sneak up on us?

I-is-is that...?

Within a moment, I processed what was happening.

"So, that's our mission right in front of us?" I ask the rest of the team, standing up from where I was kneeling before.

IC: Paladin - Off to get some weapons

"At once, my lord." 

Tube's eagerness to serve his master was admirable. I followed behind, beckoning Aerahk to do the same.

IC: Rider - Hallways

I had decided not to eat for now, I had eaten with Rozu earlier and I didn't want to make myself sick.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

IC: Aerahk - Gym

Aerahk indeed went with his fellow followers of Thurisaz, requiring no encouragement from Paladin to do his liege's bidding.

IC: Waiata - Gym

"Hey there." Waiata walked up, wielding her guitar axe in one hand, and her hammer in the other. Despite how heavy these two weapons likely were, it was very clear she had no trouble wielding them both together. "So Pyle wants you on our team? You certainly look like you can handle yourself. I'm Waiata, by the way." There was a confident yet lighthearted smile on Waiata's face. 

IC: Rōzu - Gym

Rōzu turned to Rail. "What's your name?"

Edited by Onaku

IC Percy:

"Her name's Kat, and she's a Turahk. Red, black swirls like me, y'know? I've been trying to find her for a while. I thought I had the other day, but it was just someone who liked her look."  He shrugged. 

IC God Twins: 

"It was-"

"Stolen! By that one." Aza pointed at Sliver across the gym.

IC Diode:

Sparks flashed across his armor briefly, "I'm electricity, but it's still low level. Useful for me, but not much else. I can channel it through anything metal, and this," she unslung her weapon, indicating the pronged end, "Gives it a bit of a boost."

GM IC Johmak:

The two of them went into the larger structure, and down a set of stairs into what appeared to be an empty room; save for a decrepit looking table.Johmak clicked her fingers as she took a hand under the table edge and pressed a button on the underside. a soft click, and a grinding noise across the room sounded as a wall opened up into what must have once been a secret armory.

"Safe room, hidden, has second door on inside to close. Can go here if intruders you hear. Clever, it is no?"

His faithful vassals departing, Thurisaz turned into the crowd. It was evident that most Rahkshi had already found a partner or two, but a handful still looked to be wandering alone. One Rahkshi of Mind Reading looked particularly wavering.

The sociable Turahk wandered over to Oshi. "You look nervous," he remarked gently. "Having trouble finding a team?"

"Almost certainly," Jayar said to Shield. "They match exactly."

--IC: Luffy and Oshi: In the Gym--

Luffy stood up and dusted himself off as Pyle left.  He wasn't hurt too badly, he was more mad that his own brother was being a butt.  And that the purple girl hadn't ended up on the team with him and Drippy Guy...

Speaking of Drippy Guy, there he was.  Talking to... two other free Rahkshi!  Maybe they'd be interested in joining them.  He hurried over to them enthusiastically.  "Drippy Guy!" he said.  "There you are!  Are you trying to get these two to join our team?

Oshi whirled about to face a rather regal-looking red Rahkshi.  She briefly lost focus, triggered her mind-reading powers, and was hit with that familiar initial surge of negative emotions.  She cringed as she tried to force the connection away.  It took much difficulty, but she managed to do it, slumping to her knees as she did so.  Her head rang.

She shook her head to regain her composure, only doing so in time to hear the last part of the red Rahkshi's question.  Meekly, she nodded, trying not to make eye contact.  He scared her, for reasons other than he was a Rahkshi of Fear.

--OOC:--

Sup, Sergei.

Edited by Scrubbish

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

Hoto's breath caught as the room filled with the sickening sound of stone on stone. As it finally fell into silence, she asked softly, "How did you do that?"

IC: Tube - Armory

Tube quickly got to work looking for the requested items. A pile of chain links caught their attention, but as they reached for it, some kind of projectile triggered. Tube let out a yelp as a long metal spike ricocheted from the chain, throwing sparks in their face. The bolt embedded in the ceiling, and then promptly disappeared with Tube staring at the rapidly-filling hole it had left.

IC: Garrotte - Gym

Something didn't make sense about Vlad, and with his explanation Garrotte was finally able to put her claw on it. "Your variation... what is it?"

Approaching them was a rather loudly colored Derahk with a disappointingly cheerful countenance. But where she lacked Pyle's malice, Reda could see a redeeming quality in her weapons and the strength with which she wielded them. Perhaps these two would be... satisfactory. "I am Reda, champion of Stelt and greatest warrior in the land. If you join with me, you will not be disappointed."

IC: Kororia - Stealing Is Also Illegal

“That’s really mean!” she frowned, shifting her hold on Ezec so he was more comfortable and cradled in her arms. “Maybe they took it by accident? I can ask them for it back, if you want. I’m sure they’re very sorry for taking it.”

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Shield - Forest

...Karzahni.

"So....what the karz do we do?" I asked Jayar, nerves beginning to build up.

IC: Paladin - Armory

I resisted the urge to clasp my face in disappointment as I saw Tube handled the weapons. 

"Come here underling." I beckoned to Tube, before pointing to a pile of rope that was neatly packed in the corner.

"Pick that up and return it to Lord Thurisaz. I shall deal with the ranged weapons." I say, in a slow, simple tone for him to understand.

"...What was that, in any case?" I ask.

IC: Rider - Refectory

"...who was that, again? It's been so long." 

It really had. So many things had happened in the time that I'd been at the school that it was hard to keep up with.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

"For now, talk," Jayar proposed, with cautious confidence. "They don't seem hostile so far."

IC: Vlad / Gym

"I am a Vorahk," Vlad answered Garrotte. "But I try not to use my power on other Rahkshi... I can get... carried avay. So... all in all, you could say I'm a... vampire, of sorts."

There, he said it.

If there were any Rahkshi who could put up with that, wouldn't it be these?

The thoughtful Turahk closed his eyes and took a deep, meditative breath, focusing on smoothing the sharp edges of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Thurisaz apologized compassionately, raising his empty palms in a gesture of peaceful intent. "I just thought I could help you find a team."