Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the Matoran out of the closet? I've got some ideas of what to do with Mangai but he can't do squat until he can move. I suppose here's something I could do:

Character profile pending approval (Even if he gets approved earlier, I won't start using him until Mangai has left the school and will likely revise him if Mangai's plan to leave fails or gets him killed)

Name: Hunter

Variation: Vorahk

Level: 2

Gear: None

Appearance: A pale blue Rahkshi with jagged white lines painted on his helmet. His spines are bone white and flimsy and hang off of his back down to about hip height, instead of standing up (They would be no more than an annoyance in combat, they're not whips.). His right hand is slightly larger than an ordinary Rahkshi hand, has five clawed fingers (one of which is a thumb). This hand has a gash, running parallel to his arm, in the middle from a training accident. This makes handling everyday items with his right hand somewhat clumsy, though it can be deadly in combat. He has bright yellow eyes with black slits in the middle, perpindicular to the ground.

Personality: He sees other Rahkshi as inferior but allies. He absolutely hates treachery to the Makuta and seeks to punish any who betray his masters. He is staunchly loyal to the Makuta and doing their will, especially his creator Gorast. He is very scheming and manipulative and is willing to lie and sacrifice even loyal Rahkshi to suit the goals of the Makuta or even himself, but would never do such a thing to a Makuta and would desist if ordered to do so (unless Gorast gave orders that contradicted with another Makuta, in which case he would obey Gorast)

Bio: He was created as a precaution against these new Rahkshi rebelling and trained to hunt potential traitors. He was sent to Corpus by Gorast to capture the treahcerous Mangai, alive if possible, for his first mission. (Gorast created both of them). Other than intense training under Gorast for his given mission in life, he has done little else.

Other powers: His hand's deformity came about due to experiments by Gorast. It allows him to attach to another being generally at the shoulder though chest arm and neck work, just less quickly. When he attaches he can drain their life force into him as he could from a distance at a higher level. If he goes long enough without feeding he will starve as this is his only way of gaining sustenance. He is capable of prolonging this by hibernating but is totally vulnerable while in hibernation. He is also vulnerable while feeding as it takes time and willpower to release a victim while he is feeding. The stronger a being, the longer the process takes. He can feed on rahi though he gains less energy from them generally. Feeding would leave five shallow cuts in a victim where he dug his claws into them. While feeding the victim can actually access his mind though he cannot access theirs. This allows the victim to fight him off in a battle of wills and force him to release them. This would stun Hunter and provide the victim a chance to escape or strike back as would any other method of ending a feeding early. Due to his suit storing the drained energy, Hunter would die instantly if his Kraata was removed except maybe if it was through careful surgery. As a side effect of his powers, he is incapable of traditional draining, flight, and forming Kaita. During feeding the victim is injected with an enzyme that temporarily strengthens them to prevent them from dying of Shock but this can backfire by allowing the victim to physically fight off Hunter.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

When he attaches he can drain their life force into him as he could from a distance at a higher level.

I'd just like to point out - it would seem that at level two, Vorahk can't drain energy from creatures from a distance. They appear to require physical contact. :)

EDIT: I'm sorry, upon reexamination I think misinterpreted. By this you mean the rate of energy drain is equal to what it would be if he were at a higher level, draining over a distance - not that the rate of energy drain is at a higher level than it would be if he were draining over a distance. Am I correct now?

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Right, that's my point. The next prepositional phrase is "at a higher level". The idea here is to make up for the fact that he cannot yet drain at a distance.

Edit: Oh and thanks Smudge.

Re-edit: He can drain the same amount of energy but it would probably be slower than a higher level drain (unless he was draining a fairly weak being like a Matoran or Turaga). Draining a Toa or Rahkshi would be a time-consuming process lasting several seconds at a bare minimum.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

No prob. So any opinions on Hunter? Suggested revisions, even nerfs if you think he's overpowered, be honest. I'm not making any promises that changes not suggested by Ultron will be used but I'll seriously consider it.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Well okay then, here are my honest opinions. :) I don't think the draining thing is going to work so well, for several reasons.

First, it seems overpowered for a level 2 - being able to drain beings like Rahkshi to death is more the realm of higher level Vorahk. The aging thing seems also quite overpowered, one grab and suddenly his victim is less physically capable, permanently? Seems like quite a drag for the other players, as it would kinda ruin their character's life in a school where physical ability is integral to survival - maybe it would be a bit more considerate just to say that they would be left feeling drained for a few hours.

Second, why would the victim be able to read his mind? I guess you threw that in there as a nerf, but it doesn't really make sense as a side effect of energy draining, and what would they hear in his mind anyways? You're delicious? They probably figured that out.

Third, I think it's probably a bad idea to say that his only source of sustenance is feeding on others. Very few Rahkshi in this school would be easy to feast upon: most will fight, those who can't will run, and for those who can't fight or run someone who can will probably intervene for their sake. Not to mention Tridax would probably react poorly to anyone murdering or aging any of his test subjects. As a result, Hunter probably wouldn't going to get much sustenance, and as such he would probably shortly die.

Aside from the hand, I've only a few other minor points. How could he have been sent to take down Mangai if Mangai only just took up that name and the mission of defending the Matoran and usurping the Makuta? There's no way Gorast could know about that yet.

And finally - did Vlad inspire you to make this guy? :D They seem kinda similar, and Vlad just told Revenge about his compulsions... No worries though, they're different enough. I'm not going to sue you for copyright infringement or anything :P

As I said I do not intend to begin playing as soon as he is aproved I just wnated to get approval out of the way. And while Vlad did partially inspire him so did an alien race from a TV show I watch. The mind reading thing is to emphasize that he creates a link between himself and the victim and as he absorbs them into him they can see into him because they are being sucked in. This would really only be useful if they survived the experience. Although it could also create scenarios like where Matoro killed Teridax after being absorbed in "The Kingdom" (though here it would have to be during absorbtion which means the victim might live) The age thing would probably have less efect on Rahkshi than other beings plus Bionicle characters live for 100's of millenia anyway. Hunter would probably primarily feed on Matoran unfortunate enough to get lost and rahi. Feeding on Rahkshi would be reserved as torture or a last resort. And again it is a much lenghtier process than it would be if he were higher level and the mind reading thing means a strong willed being could fight him off and he could also be fought off physically. as he's pretty much incapable of multitasking while feeding. He's really more of a shadow hand Rahkshi but as hunger seemed closer to that, I want him constantly driven by hunger out of need, for that to define him and have hunger be his nature. What if I had him actually strengthen victims during and shortly after the feeding process? It would be meant to prevent them dying of shock before he finished but could backfire. And what do you think of the stunner?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Hunter is not approved.

• That stun blaster is more advanced than anything I'd be prepared to approve for a freshly starting out character.
  • The special drain hand gives him power on a level higher than 2, which I can't allow
  • Also a no to whatever ageing power that is he's got somehow, being able to old someone up with a single touch is too OP a power
  • Also no to the healing, Hunger doesn't work that way.
  • ...and to the mind-link thing. You're essentially giving yourself a whole other set of Rahkshi powers with those three, and I'm not letting one character have the power of a entire Kaita

Sorry Kapura but I think you're going to need to rework this from the ground up

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Right now I have so many character ideas, but I'm trying to restrain myself to three characters. This is what happens when you binge watch Supernatural....Anyways, he seems like a cool character, and I'm interested in how he might react to Vitesse due to her hatred of Makuta... Though he seems a bit overpowered...

EDIT: Kapura'd.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow
  • Upvote 1

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Because it doesn't seem like a weakness in the slightest. Getting access to his thoughts doesn't help the victim in any way. Can't use it to avoid his attack, its already hit. They can't use it to fight him off, he's got some sort of trance-lock thing going on. Can't use it to control him, only read. Its debatable what they might even be able to read given his mind is supposed to be entirely focused on the feeding. 

The mind link doesn't weaken Hunter's position or effectiveness, so it is not a weakness. 

I am also slightly wary that, since the usual Hunger powers have been amped up into some kind of soul drain, getting into Hunter's head is a way of him absorbing memories and psychic energy along with life force. A sort of "once your in his head there's no way out" kind of thing

7AOYGDJ.jpg

No its really the opposite. It allows a battle of wills and gives the victim a chance to fight him off and force him to relent. He absorbs their powers or memories in no way whatsoever. And what trance-lock are you referring to? If anyone's in a trance during the process it's Hunter. Hitting them does not guarantee they die and the age thing takes time, it is not instant.

There isn't a single Rahkshi in this game who has extra powers like this guy does. I don't know what made you think you'd get such an OP character approved, but Ultron has already said no.

I don't think there's much point to prolonging the argument. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have seen some with extra powers (admittedly not to this extent) and its not an argument, at least not from my end. I am perfectly willing to modify the character as I stated and I tried to give him several beleievable weaknesses to counteract his power to keep him not OP. Ultron I am perfectly fine getting rid of the stunner. Could I keep the aging if I had it be a temporary effect until the victim recovered? (Assuming I keep the hand thing at all in some fashion). At the very least I'm keeping his personality and bio, assuming the bio is okay with Ultron.

And what trance-lock are you referring to? If anyone's in a trance during the process it's Hunter.

Yes, that would be the trace-lock I'm referring to. You say that leaves him vulnerable, but as he's locked onto his victim to the extent that it requires effort on his part to let go, so he's locked on and being able to get in his mind does nothing to alter that.

How exactly does it become a battle of wills to fight him off? I already pointed out the profile says they can read his mind and nothing more. They don't gain any control, so they do not gain any more ability to fight him off.

And if it is more solid than that, with their psyche actually going inside his headspace...then the exact scenario I detailed above, with Hunter trapping them in there, is entirely possible.

No, you cannot keep the ageing. I already vetoed that as you may recall.

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

But other people can pull him off and as soon as the physical connection was broken, the victim would be safely back in their own body no exceptions(well unless they were dead in which case they would be in nobody's body. If I edited the profile to make it more clear that they can force him off through the mind link...?

Edit: I understand if you veto the temporary age thing as well, that's your right as GM but its not the same thing I submitted earlier, its a suggestion to make it be useable, not that you can't veto it, I just want to be clear I'm not trying to pester repeatedly to get the same thing, I'm trying to reach a compromise.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

I have seen some with extra powers (admittedly not to this extent) and its not an argument, at least not from my end. 

Where? I've been playing this game since its beginning, and I've never seen a single Rahkshi with more than one power.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The whole point of a veto is that there is no compromise, Kapura. I am not approving Hunter if he has the mind link thing. Or the ageing touch. Or the healing powers. Or the higher level hunger abilities. Or any of the other things that you clearly knew were OP because you tried to compensate for them just not well enough. Thats just the way it is

• Upvote 5

7AOYGDJ.jpg

But isn't that power from the ring, not Lucid himself? Same goes for the Rhotuka. 

But isn't that power from the ring, not Lucid himself? Same goes for the Rhotuka. 

Well... Acocording to her profile, Yes? No? Maybe so?

Whether this power is inherent to the ring, or it merely amplifies her own sleep powers, is unknown.
Edited by Dragon11603

So if a charcter is not approved, every element of the bio must be scrapped? What is the point of a rule like that? In fact I have seen people edit characters you did not approve and then get them approved. How is this any different?

So if a charcter is not approved, every element of the bio must be scrapped? What is the point of a rule like that? In fact I have seen people edit characters you did not approve and then get them approved. How is this any different?

This isn't different. You can easily edit out all of the OP bits and resubmit it. 

A.) I have no qualms with the bio, Hunter being specifically designed to hunt down rogues. So don't be so melodramatic.

B.) Its all the extra powers I've got a problem. I've laid out the problems I have with them clearly and a number of times now. 

C.) If you're going to define your character entirely by the powers they have then you haven't got the best character there

• Upvote 5

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Like Dragon pointed out (good job man!), her profile doesn't specify. If a situation ever arises where I would need to figure it out, I would, but as of now I don't even really know. The power might fall anywhere on the spectrum between merely amplifying her sleep powers in a weird way and being its own power entirely, everything between representing varying degrees of the influence her bearing the ring as opposed to anyone else bearing it has on its effects. (Given, of course, Ultron's approval on whatever I might decide.)

I'm not getting melodramatic, this is the first you've said of approving the bio and I don't know how else I'm supposed to interpret: "There is no compromise". And is there any chance any of the revisions I've made to his profile are acceptable or that I can keep any aspect of his powers, just less powerful?

In summary:

I've completely removed the healing and aging

He is now incapable of traditional Rahkshi powers such as flight and Kaita

He dies instantly if his Kraata leaves his suit.

Victims can mentally fight him off but cannot be trapped inside of him.

He can just drain a being to the point of death through physical contact, given enough time

He must feed constantly to survive gaining less sustenance from Rahi

More powerful beings like Rahkshi take a long time to drain.

He can hibernate to last longer between feedings but not indefinitely.

I removed the stunner.

His victims are strengthened during and immediately after the feeding.

He can be pulled off by someone else of physically fought off by the victim

Is this acceptable?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

I'm not getting melodramatic, this is the first you've said of approving the bio and I don't know how else I'm supposed to interpret: "There is no compromise". And is there any chance any of the revisions I've made to his profile are acceptable or that I can keep any aspect of his powers, just less powerful?

In my opinion, your character's abilities still kinda sets him up as far more stronger than many Rahkshi that already exist IC. Even with the setbacks you could still beat the level 3s and possibly a level 4.

As I've said before, no other character has gotten away with having multiple powers the way you're trying to here. That's the part of the profile Ultron is unwilling to compromise about. 

For one example there's the Kraata with legs and I'm pretty sure there's another I'll have to double check.

But either way I edited so he does not have multiple powers. The increased hunger sacrifices flight and Kaita forming and even traditional hunger drain.

Profile request pending approval:

(except for removing the stunner, the rest of his profile is unchanged)

Other powers: His hand's deformity came about due to experiments by Gorast. It allows him to attach to another being generally at the shoulder though chest arm and neck work, just less quickly. When he attaches he can drain their life force into him as he could from a distance at a higher level. If he goes long enough without feeding he will starve as this is his only way of gaining sustenance. He is capable of prolonging this by hibernating but is totally vulnerable while in hibernation. He is also vulnerable while feeding as it takes time and willpower to release a victim while he is feeding. The stronger a being, the longer the process takes. He can feed on rahi though he gains less energy from them generally. Feeding would leave five shallow cuts in a victim where he dug his claws into them. While feeding the victim can actually access his mind though he cannot access theirs. This allows the victim to fight him off in a battle of wills and force him to release them. This would stun Hunter and provide thee victim a chance to escape or strike back as would any other method of ending a feeding early. Due to his suit storing the drained energy, Hunter would die instantly if his Kraata was removed except maybe if it was through careful surgery. As a side effect of his powers, he is incapable of traditional draining, flight, and forming Kaita. During feeding the victim is injected with an enzyme that temporarily strengthens them to prevent them from dying of shock but this can backfire by allowing the victim to physically fight off Hunter.

Is this acceptable? If not is there any way I can keep the hand drain in some form or must it be scrapped entirely no matter what limitations are put on it?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

For one example there's the Kraata with legs and I'm pretty sure there's another I'll have to double check.

But either way I edited so he does not have multiple powers. The increased hunger sacrifices flight and Kaita forming and even traditional hunger drain. See above post

In my opinion, your character's abilities still kinda sets him up as far more stronger than many Rahkshi that already exist IC. Even with the setbacks you could still beat the level 3s and possibly a level 4.

I believe I was aware of that.

Also, he's not defined by his powers, he has a personality and bio that don't even mention them. He's self-defined by hunger, kept reliant on the Makuta, living to hunt and feed. I suppose you could call that his powers defining him but they cause his characterization, they don't replace it.