fishers64

IC: Markus Vex - Space Station.

"Where are ya, you weaselly little Makuro look-alike?" he grumbled, heading in the direction Striker and the prisoner had last been seen going. He spoke into his comms, "You found any sign of their pod yet, Rocka?"

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts. 

He could hear footsteps coming closer, and tried to turn towards them, "Who's there?" 

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne. 

He couldn't risk firing at the arm holding Gorn without potentially hitting the other hero, so he circled around and started firing instead at the backs of the villain's legs, hoping that the high-impact energy blasts would be enough to bring him down.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kaiba Blader:

The deactivated bot was pulled roughly upwards toward the ceiling.

Covered in oils and now feathers, with a very angry duck sticking out of his chest, it was in no way dignified.

IC Kat:

I shrugged, following Tim out, "let's hope so..."

IC Striker:

The unlikely pair reached the public transport bay, where shuttles ferried all number of civilians to and from the space station. Normally, it was pretty pricey to get a direct shuttle to Makuhero City, but since Striker was a Hero, and was evidentially traveling with Mr. Makuro himself, they were ushered on at no charge.

"If that thing was able to track us here, I'd prefer not to use my pod. Could be a trap. One set for.... Well, not for you, but... The other you."

He shook his head, taking a seat on the public transport.

"I'm gonna have to do so much paperwork when this is over...."

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

IC NPC Bulk - With Thumper and 78:

The Alpha Team member chuckled and put the cuffs away. "Naw, I'm certainly not the boss. And I appreciate your being cooperative. Let's head over to the Astral an--" He looked over to where a good number of people seemed to be gathering as though preparing for battle, including some monstrous, four-armed being. "That can't be good..."

IC Helen - Enter Boss Fight:

"Roger, Nex. I'll stall him."

Armed with nothing more than a datapad and an icy disposition, Helen slipped past a couple of Heroes to the fore (with Flint close behind like some kind of armored bouncer), stopped a comfortable distance from Traferous, and cleared her vocalizer. "Excuse me! Mr. Diaphanous?" she called, casual as ever. "It seems to me that we have quite thoroughly gotten off on the wrong foot. Might we have a word?"

IC Dr. Xaal's Drone - Old Timer:

The drone turned at the sound of someone approaching and backed away somewhat, making a rather displeased-sounding series of clicks.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

NAME: Sampson Echo [HERO]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Sampson possesses enhanced strength and durability, as well as heightened senses of hearing and touch. He is particularly sensitive to the unique frequency generated by his sonic cannon, allowing him to use it for echolocation. In addition, he is equipped with a state of the art internal galactic compass to aid navigation.  

WEAPONS: Sampson's preferred weapon is the sonic cannon built into his right arm. It is a very versatile instrument, by turns loud enough to blast boulders to rubble or soft enough to barely be audible. He can also adjust the width of the sonic beam, though high-powered wide-bore blasts tend to have a reduced firing rate. There is a small prosthesis-style split-hook hidden beneath the barrel.

Sampson also carries a simple glaive, which he uses as both a melee weapon and a walking stick.

APPEARANCE: MoC

BIO: Sampson Echo was still a rookie when he went on the fateful mission that destroyed his eyes. Shrapnel from an explosion was driven through his ocular receptors and through his skull, missing vital components in his brain by micrometers.  The shards couldn't be extracted without destroying his brain...so it was necessary to improvise. After a few cycles of adjustment to his condition and the new weaponry he had been issued to compensate for it, Sampson was back in the field once more, and performing as well as ever.

Though never the most outgoing Hero, Sampson Echo withdrew into himself following the accident, keeping to himself and never speaking unless necessary--and then generally as tersely and quietly as possible. He is, however, reasonably good friends with Artemus Schadenfreude, who has taken it upon himself to ease the blind Hero out of his shell, though he's been careful to take it slow, and thus has had limited success so far.

OOC: Wait... we already have an Echo with a sonic weapon built into his arm, echolocation, and a quiet personality. I mean, granted, he's dead, but still...

Sampson is different enough it might work. I dunno.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC TRAFEROUS/FRAVI

Traferous raised one of his fingers in the signal for one second. He was still working on Fravi. Got to fix this power conduit.

And then the light returned to Fravi's eyes. "What happened?" she said. "I was flying in my ship and..."

"A villain attacked with lightning and fried your circuits," Traferous explained. "It scrambled your short-term memory a little."

"Ugh," said Fravi. "What are we doing now?

"Staying uncaptured," Traferous said. "I'd appreciate it if you do some aerial recon. Make sure the ship isn't being damaged further and check in with Dr. Lie."

GM NPC ROCKA

"I found a Hero Pod here," Rocka said. "I'm checking to make sure it's Striker's. I haven't seen any other ones though, except the one I know is yours."

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Von Nebula tried to turn the sword off again.

GM IC 78 EAST

"Chill off, that's just boss trying to save Fravi," said 78. "He's not the type to abandon his people in the middle of a war."

Edited by fishers64

NAME: Sampson Echo [HERO]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Sampson possesses enhanced strength and durability, as well as heightened senses of hearing and touch. He is particularly sensitive to the unique frequency generated by his sonic cannon, allowing him to use it for echolocation. In addition, he is equipped with a state of the art internal galactic compass to aid navigation.  

WEAPONS: Sampson's preferred weapon is the sonic cannon built into his right arm. It is a very versatile instrument, by turns loud enough to blast boulders to rubble or soft enough to barely be audible. He can also adjust the width of the sonic beam, though high-powered wide-bore blasts tend to have a reduced firing rate. There is a small prosthesis-style split-hook hidden beneath the barrel.

Sampson also carries a simple glaive, which he uses as both a melee weapon and a walking stick.

APPEARANCE: MoC

BIO: Sampson Echo was still a rookie when he went on the fateful mission that destroyed his eyes. Shrapnel from an explosion was driven through his ocular receptors and through his skull, missing vital components in his brain by micrometers.  The shards couldn't be extracted without destroying his brain...so it was necessary to improvise. After a few cycles of adjustment to his condition and the new weaponry he had been issued to compensate for it, Sampson was back in the field once more, and performing as well as ever.

Though never the most outgoing Hero, Sampson Echo withdrew into himself following the accident, keeping to himself and never speaking unless necessary--and then generally as tersely and quietly as possible. He is, however, reasonably good friends with Artemus Schadenfreude, who has taken it upon himself to ease the blind Hero out of his shell, though he's been careful to take it slow, and thus has had limited success so far.

OOC: Wait... we already have an Echo with a sonic weapon built into his arm, echolocation, and a quiet personality. I mean, granted, he's dead, but still...

Sampson is different enough it might work. I dunno.

He might not be dead for much longer, though. Focus is finally making some real progress on his quest =P

OOC: Echo's only been dead for a few hours IC, and he's already been replaced. 

That's pretty impressive, especially given that the assembly tower doesn't even, you know, exist anymore. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Poor Echo.  :P Died trying to save someone who betrayed him and there's another to take his place just like that. Although Sampson's bio makes it sound like he's been around a while, and he's not exactly a hacker type like the original Echo was, so I guess just a replacement in name and basic equipment.

IC: Alex Drift and Gabriel Bliss - Prepare Yourselves...

Drift double checked his handgun. Full clip. Good. He took aim at the massive four-armed villain and waited for the signal...

Bliss pulled his sword off his back and stepped in beside Flint.

IC: Marrow - Hero Factory Ruins

Sufficiently far away from the chaos,Marrow stopped to catch its breath and check how much blood it had lost.  A quick glance at the crimson trail it had left behind told all it needed to know. Using a burning chunk of rubble from the bombing earlier, Marrow cauterized the wound and sat down to let the pain wear off a bit while it sniffed about for something to eat that wasn't fighting ten other guys.

IC: Blink - Shady Bar

Blink went back to sipping her fake tea and wondering if the cheap food store on the border of the Middle District still sold those little crunchy things. 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"Huh?" Thumper looked over. "Oh... Oh, yeah!"

Her attention successfully diverted from Bulk, she was a lot more responsive. "Hopefully he shoots less at people this time. His friends or not, shooting at Heroes isn't going to help clear this up."

She squinted. "Looks like someone's going to talk to him... Hey, is that Helen?"

~

IC: A duck - Unstoppable

She was already stepping off the thing as it suddenly lifted, sending her topping off in midair. Unluckily for the giant staring intently at her napping thing, this put her in a prime position to dive at them, flapping in their face and striking at them with beak and foot, still uttering quacks to shake the heavens.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Astral

He skidded to a halt just before entering the deck, gesturing at Scarlet to do the same.

"Act natural," he hissed, before innocently meandering to the deck, whistling chipperly through his teeth.

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Striker

Amayika was feeling a little concerned about his wellbeing. He said, "What am I to do once we've returned?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Poor Echo.  :P Died trying to save someone who betrayed him and there's another to take his place just like that. Although Sampson's bio makes it sound like he's been around a while, and he's not exactly a hacker type like the original Echo was, so I guess just a replacement in name and basic equipment.

OOC: And Epix hasn't even gotten around to hunting down his killer yet, either.

IC: A duck - Unstoppable

She was already stepping off the thing as it suddenly lifted, sending her topping off in midair. Unluckily for the giant staring intently at her napping thing, this put her in a prime position to dive at them, flapping in their face and striking at them with beak and foot, still uttering quacks to shake the heavens.

Speaking of Epix, the post I was working on before my internet conked out had him positioned fairly close to Kaiba's body, which means that he (not to mention Zippy's duck) may or may not have also had been affected by his Gravity Pack while being pulled up towards the ceiling. In the interest of A) not having Kaiba rocket upwards faster than he already did and possibly take more damage, B) potentially making it harder for Zippy to escape said situation alive/unhurt, and C) having to deal with an all-powerful and righteously ticked off floating member of the avian variety, however, I think it's best for that piece of information to stay non-canon.

IC: Epix - Furno's Ship (A.K.A., Why All Ships Should Be Equiped With Animal Repellant)

Unimpressed at the sight of one of his comrades being attacked by a bird, The Recall merely closed his eyes, lowered his head, and began rubbing the bridge of his nose before sighing in displeasure.

He was beginning to think that Agent Riot had the right idea regarding teamwork, not that he would actually admit it to him, of course; he could barely stand being around him to begin with.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM NPC VON NEBULA

He couldn't risk firing at the arm holding Gorn without potentially hitting the other hero, so he circled around and started firing instead at the backs of the villain's legs, hoping that the high-impact energy blasts would be enough to bring him down.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Brawling

This was it. Victory was at hand. Just as his blade was about to slice through Night Stalker's shoulder... it shut off.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!"

Screaming like an a obnoxious bot who had just lost a Call Of Duty match, Gorn was snatched by Night Stalker in mid air. Quickly, he grabbed the villain's wrist, before igniting his sword again and attempting to sever the hand that was holding him.

IC: Night Stalker

As Night Stalker snatched up Gorn he used his gun arm as a club, smashing it into Gorn's sword arm and letting loose with a few energy rounds and bullets at point blank range, aiming to blast the arm off.  As the first few energy blasts strike his legs he almost falls but manages to turn around instead, putting Gorn in between him and Saracen and forcing the flying hero to either shoot Gorn or stop.

IC: Uerub Kalslann

"Well then. This way, my friend." Uerub's voice sounded somewhat mechanical through the voice processors on the helmet, although the pitch and tone were pretty much the same. She began walking away from Bar Row, and into the outskirts of the Grunge District.

OOC: Fishers, can Jimmy hack the bank from the Astral, or does he have to take a ship and fly to its physical location?

Edited by Toa Onaku

GM NPC VON NEBULA

This was it. Victory was at hand. Just as his blade was about to slice through Night Stalker's shoulder... it shut off.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!"

Screaming like an a obnoxious bot who had just lost a Call Of Duty match, Gorn was snatched by Night Stalker in mid air. Quickly, he grabbed the villain's wrist, before igniting his sword again and attempting to sever the hand that was holding him.

As Night Stalker snatched up Gorn he used his gun arm as a club, smashing it into Gorn's sword arm and letting loose with a few energy rounds and bullets at point blank range, aiming to blast the arm off. As the first few energy blasts strike his legs he almost falls but manages to turn around instead, putting Gorn in between him and Saracen and forcing the flying hero to either shoot Gorn or stop.

OOC: Autohit. Also, Night Stalker is almost certain to blow off his own arm as well, seeing as it's right behind Gorn's.

IC: Scourge- Shady bar

Having been eavesdropping on Uerub's conversation like practically everyone else in the bar, Scourge decided that this would be a great opportunity to stock up on some food. Chuckling evilly, the monstrosity cloaked itself before exiting the bar to silently follow the hero, leaving the hand from the severed arm it had been eating on the counter, clutching the bartender's payment.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!"

As Night Stalker snatched up Gorn he used his gun arm as a club, smashing it into Gorn's sword arm and letting loose with a few energy rounds and bullets at point blank range, aiming to blast the arm off. As the first few energy blasts strike his legs he almost falls but manages to turn around instead, putting Gorn in between him and Saracen and forcing the flying hero to either shoot Gorn or stop.

OOC: Autohit. Also, Night Stalker is almost certain to blow off his own arm as well, seeing as it's right behind Gorn's.

OOC: Night Stalker is holding onto Gorn with one hand.  He punches at Gorn with his gun arm (the other arm) and fires at point blank range.  I don't understand how that's an autohit.

I'm envisioning Night Stalker holding onto Gorn's shield arm while he attacks his other arm.  That wouldn't put his arm anywhere near Gorn's sword arm.

Hi everyone. I've been roleplaying on the LMB's for over two years now and I decided this looked interesting enough to steal more of my time. I haven't roleplayed here before, so if I'm doing something out of line please let me know.

Name: Shellshredder

Affiliation: Neutral/Villian

Powers:

Regenesis- Having unique regenerational abilities, he is capable of pulling himself back together even if he is blown into hundreds of pieces. He is also capable of replacing parts if they are utterly destroyed, as if thrown into a star or something. However, this takes time and he cannot simply get replacement or parts. (Please note that while this makes it almost impossible to destroy him permanently, the more damaged he is, the longer it takes him to pull back together, especially if you scatter his parts all across town)

Hunger/Diffusion- Capable of draining energy on touch, he can render a foe unconscious in seconds if allowed to do so unhindered. High energy weapons, such as plasma or lightning weapons, also deal little damage to his form. However, he is unable to simply get replacement limbs due to this trait, as they would simply shut down completely upon being connected to him. He seems to be an utter vacuum for energy, any sucked into him shunted into oblivion, by means unknown. Parts that are disconnected from the main body are unable to utilize this power (so he can't just throw his hand at someone and shut them down =P ).

Endurance- Due to his most strange nature, he doesn't appear to run on any source of known energy and never has been seen recharging. Due to his unique physiology, weapons such as EMP's are ineffective on him.

Appearance/Description:

Shellshredder looks, from all appearances, as if he is undead. Very strangely, he seems to have no power source, nor is there any trace of energy in his form detectable to current technology. His body appears to have no central processor or any real inner workings, appearing to be little more than a lifeless shell, the Hero Factory equivalent of a zombie. His head resembles the Mask of the Soulless, an artifact found only in ancient legends. However, it appears to only be a makeshift recreation of it, parts that should be glowing are nothing more than a blank emptiness and its appearance black and silver. His body is primarily silver and black, of average size. While he appears heavily armored, he is little more than a shell, giving him a most unusual appearance.

Legendary Mask of the Soulless, the legend of which Shellshredder based his head/helmet's design upon:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134131110@N07/22622935086/

Bio:

No one knows when this husk of a being first appeared. For the most part he stayed in the shadows, recovering from some malady unseen to others. As he began to consider things other than self survival, he suddenly realized how purposeless his former life was. There was no point in seeking revenge on the one who broke him and there was nothing left of his former world, or, at least, there wasn't going to be. Thus, he started the life of crime. No one in their right mind would tread anywhere near him and he frankly didn't see the point of being 'nice'. Claiming affiliation with none, his sense of morals is practically nonexistent and he will ally with both Hero and Villain alike when he deems it necessary, although he almost always works with criminals, as when he decided to do something 'productive', it generally isn't for everyone's best interests.

Antopolis City. (Unless I can just appear in the Grunge, in which case he will have already arrived there, if I'm not getting something right, I'm new, sorry =P)

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

IC: Blink - Shady Bar

Blink sighed as two suspicious, or well, more suspicious than usual chaps followed the bounty hunter and rogue Hero out of the bar. This was too much. Curiosity getting the better of her, she left her payment on the counter and made her way out of the bar. 

She had to see where this went.

IC: FOCUS [GRUNGE DISTRICT]

The Hero glanced back, spotting Blink (OOC: and Morphos, assuming Morphos does not also have cloaking abilities) before turning back to Uerub with a frown.

"What shall we do with our unwanted companions?" he asked, so quietly that only Uerub could hear. "I don't know about you, but if these chaps are going to try and tear down every Hero gone rogue that they come across, they have made a poor decision indeed."

Hi everyone. I've been roleplaying on the LMB's for over two years now and I decided this looked interesting enough to steal more of my time. I haven't roleplayed here before, so if I'm doing something out of line please let me know.

Name: Shellshredder

Affiliation: Neutral/Villian

Powers:

Regenesis- Having unique regenerational abilities, he is capable of pulling himself back together even if he is blown into hundreds of pieces. He is also capable of replacing parts if they are utterly destroyed, as if thrown into a star or something. However, this takes time and he cannot simply get replacement or parts. (Please note that while this makes it almost impossible to destroy him permanently, the more damaged he is, the longer it takes him to pull back together, especially if you scatter his parts all across town)

Hunger/Diffusion- Capable of draining energy on touch, he can render a foe unconscious in seconds if allowed to do so unhindered. High energy weapons, such as plasma or lightning weapons, also deal little damage to his form. However, he is unable to simply get replacement limbs due to this trait, as they would simply shut down completely upon being connected to him. He seems to be an utter vacuum for energy, any sucked into him shunted into oblivion, by means unknown. Parts that are disconnected from the main body are unable to utilize this power (so he can't just throw his hand at someone and shut them down =P ).

Endurance- Due to his most strange nature, he doesn't appear to run on any source of known energy and never has been seen recharging. Due to his unique physiology, weapons such as EMP's are ineffective on him.

Appearance/Description:

Shellshredder looks, from all appearances, as if he is undead. Very strangely, he seems to have no power source, nor is there any trace of energy in his form detectable to current technology. His body appears to have no central processor or any real inner workings, appearing to be little more than a lifeless shell, the Hero Factory equivalent of a zombie. His head resembles the Mask of the Soulless, an artifact found only in ancient legends. However, it appears to only be a makeshift recreation of it, parts that should be glowing are nothing more than a blank emptiness and its appearance black and silver. His body is primarily silver and black, of average size. While he appears heavily armored, he is little more than a shell, giving him a most unusual appearance.

Legendary Mask of the Soulless, the legend of which Shellshredder based his head/helmet's design upon:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134131110@N07/22622935086/

Bio:

No one knows when this husk of a being first appeared. For the most part he stayed in the shadows, recovering from some malady unseen to others. As he began to consider things other than self survival, he suddenly realized how purposeless his former life was. There was no point in seeking revenge on the one who broke him and there was nothing left of his former world, or, at least, there wasn't going to be. Thus, he started the life of crime. No one in their right mind would tread anywhere near him and he frankly didn't see the point of being 'nice'. Claiming affiliation with none, his sense of morals is practically nonexistent and he will ally with both Hero and Villain alike when he deems it necessary, although he almost always works with criminals, as when he decided to do something 'productive', it generally isn't for everyone's best interests.

Antopolis City. (Unless I can just appear in the Grunge, in which case he will have already arrived there, if I'm not getting something right, I'm new, sorry =P)

OOC: G'day! I gotta say, you've made a good choice joining HF RPG, but by the looks of your profile, LMB seems to do RPGs in a slightly different style to HF RPG. If it's all right, I'll try and take you through some of the issues. Don't worry, you're not the first nor the last to need changes, especially for your character's issues.

I'll start at the start of the profile and head down. Firstly, according to details in the latter part of the profile, your character would most definitely be a Villain. There's three main groups in the HF RPG: Hero, Villain and Civilian. Make a character that's a Hero? They're a Hero. Make a character that's a criminal? That's a villain. Make someone who is neither of these things, like a Mission Manager or a janitor or anything like that? That's a civilian. There's no neutral, that'd fall under "civilian", and your character, being someone involved in crime, is deffo a villain.

Next, the powers. I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure they would be considered overpowered in the scope of the RPG. This is a thing that a lot of people have trouble with, so do not feel bad in the slightest! It can be a tricky thing to figure out. The first power, the regenerating one, would most certainly be considered overpowered. There is exactly one character with regeneration powers on level with him, and that character is the GM's appointed Super Powerful Villain. Even then, that guy can be destroyed completely. The regeneration power needs to be seriously toned down, to give other players the chance for a fair fight.

I'd also like to add that grabbing replacement parts is pretty much a given, since your character seems to be a robot. Almost all robotic characters have no problems replacing parts.

The hunger power, I'd consider less overpowered, but still very much too powerful for this RPG. It renders a being unconscious "within seconds", which could be an instakill power for Heroes (they need energy in their cores to live, according to the show, and cannot be just charged up again when it is completely depleted) and definitely a very annoying power RPG-wise. Even if a character were to move away after just a second, the rate of power intake suggests they'd have lost a lot of power. Extending the rate of effect to take longer would probably be ideal.

Endurance, I get you're going for a zombie deal, so there's less of an issue for "never seen recharging". But, the resistance to EMPs and an aforementioned immunity to high-energy weaponry could almost be considered another power. I have a character with an immunity to energy blasts and the like, so it's not an overpowered concept in and of itself, but it would probably be another power.

Being undetectable to technology would be yet another power. I understand that it's all related to the zombie deal and energy resistance is related to the hunger power, but since it's kind of a big deal for a power (in the case of energy immunity). You need to add that detail to the power section, at least. At this point, he has about 5 powers, some of which are overpowered.

Lastly, not an issue, but I'm fairly certain your character can start in the Grunge. It's a place on a villain planet, after all. C:

I hope I didn't come off as too rough! It's a cool character concept, and you've done well for a first character, but Shellshredder does need some changes. Fishers, the GM of this RPG, will probably be along sometime today, and she can give you more specific changes that need to be made. I might have gotten some details wrong, after all.

~

IC: Ken Render - With Forticus and Rider

"Looks like," he said. He flexed his shoulders under Forticus' arm and started trekking over.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Don't worry, you're not the first nor the last to need changes, especially for your character's issues.

OOC: I can vouch for this. Many of my characters have either needed changes to some minor aspects, or have had the issue so integrated into their core concept that I've had to let them go completely.

"Keep calm for now. I doubt they're stupid enough to attack us right away, which gives us an opportunity. Follow me as closely as you can, and don't make any loud noises." Uerub thought for a moment before continuing. "For that matter, don't make any noise at all if possible." Uerub went into a rather narrow alleyway, hoping Focus would follow closely behind.

"Keep calm for now. I doubt they're stupid enough to attack us right away, which gives us an opportunity. Follow me as closely as you can, and don't make any loud noises." Uerub thought for a moment before continuing. "For that matter, don't make any noise at all if possible." Uerub went into a rather narrow alleyway, hoping Focus would follow closely behind.

OOC: I don't know how much traffic is traversing the nearby area but, unless they're all robots, everybody and their grandmother within the near vicinity will hear a 500 lb rogue hero clanking it's metal feet against the pavement. There's not much anyone can do about that.

• Upvote 1

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!"

OOC: While I do agree that firing off a bullet while the barrel of your gun is jammed up is usually a bad idea, both for the weapon itself, and the user in particular, its destruction would be more likely to only mangle his forearm, not immediately turn him into an amputee. Also, when two or more characters are grappling, and one can make a move that the other cannot reasonably counter, then then that action is generally not considered to be an autohit, so long as they still give the opposing player a chance to react.

Still, the move in question could've probably been worded a little bit better, but that's a relatively minor gripe.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Fishers, can Jimmy hack the bank from the Astral, or does he have to take a ship and fly to its physical location?

OOC: I was thinking from the Astral, but on further reflection I have to wonder whether online banking would actually be a thing in the HF universe, and if so, whether Traferous would actually use it.

It probably would have to be, though - you don't see anyone lugging around stacks of cash, so yarr.

He can do it from the Astral.

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi's mechanical wings spread out over her shoulders and curved down, pushing harshly to provide lift, pushing her up in the air for a few strokes before she leaned forward, driving the large structures in and out as she built up lift and speed.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous turned back to the civilian lady. As he did so, he did something that he hoped would be startling: he shifted off his four arms, the cape, and his villain face, assuming a civillian form.

But this one was not the generic form he had taken to get through the streets of Mechron. No, this one had a few personal touches. The face had some tooling to make it look serious and approachable, and the rest of his form looked casual, with a few small designs sprinkled in small etchings. In his mind, the form reflected someone who was fun and easy to get along with, someone who you could tell you'd flubbed up an assignment and he'd be happy to smile, crack a witty statement, and show you how to do it again.

This was the Traferous that Von Nebula had met all those years ago - it was his true civilian form, before he changed. As he adjusted, he realized that Night Stalker was being ganged up on again - he should have told Fravi to help there - but then again, he wasn't sure how she could.

His eyes turned back to the civilian in front of him. "What can I do for you?"

GM IC 78 EAST

"Then could you tell those two to knock it off?" 78 said, indicating Gorn and Saracen. "It's going to take a few minutes, but eventually he is going to start shooting at them to stop Night Stalker from getting killed."

Edited by fishers64

OOC: G'day! I gotta say, you've made a good choice joining HF RPG, but by the looks of your profile, LMB seems to do RPGs in a slightly different style to HF RPG. If it's all right, I'll try and take you through some of the issues. Don't worry, you're not the first nor the last to need changes, especially for your character's issues.

I'll start at the start of the profile and head down. Firstly, according to details in the latter part of the profile, your character would most definitely be a Villain. There's three main groups in the HF RPG: Hero, Villain and Civilian. Make a character that's a Hero? They're a Hero. Make a character that's a criminal? That's a villain. Make someone who is neither of these things, like a Mission Manager or a janitor or anything like that? That's a civilian. There's no neutral, that'd fall under "civilian", and your character, being someone involved in crime, is deffo a villain.

Next, the powers. I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure they would be considered overpowered in the scope of the RPG. This is a thing that a lot of people have trouble with, so do not feel bad in the slightest! It can be a tricky thing to figure out. The first power, the regenerating one, would most certainly be considered overpowered. There is exactly one character with regeneration powers on level with him, and that character is the GM's appointed Super Powerful Villain. Even then, that guy can be destroyed completely. The regeneration power needs to be seriously toned down, to give other players the chance for a fair fight.

I'd also like to add that grabbing replacement parts is pretty much a given, since your character seems to be a robot. Almost all robotic characters have no problems replacing parts.

The hunger power, I'd consider less overpowered, but still very much too powerful for this RPG. It renders a being unconscious "within seconds", which could be an instakill power for Heroes (they need energy in their cores to live, according to the show, and cannot be just charged up again when it is completely depleted) and definitely a very annoying power RPG-wise. Even if a character were to move away after just a second, the rate of power intake suggests they'd have lost a lot of power. Extending the rate of effect to take longer would probably be ideal.

Endurance, I get you're going for a zombie deal, so there's less of an issue for "never seen recharging". But, the resistance to EMPs and an aforementioned immunity to high-energy weaponry could almost be considered another power. I have a character with an immunity to energy blasts and the like, so it's not an overpowered concept in and of itself, but it would probably be another power.

Being undetectable to technology would be yet another power. I understand that it's all related to the zombie deal and energy resistance is related to the hunger power, but since it's kind of a big deal for a power (in the case of energy immunity). You need to add that detail to the power section, at least. At this point, he has about 5 powers, some of which are overpowered.

Lastly, not an issue, but I'm fairly certain your character can start in the Grunge. It's a place on a villain planet, after all. C:

I hope I didn't come off as too rough! It's a cool character concept, and you've done well for a first character, but Shellshredder does need some changes. Fishers, the GM of this RPG, will probably be along sometime today, and she can give you more specific changes that need to be made. I might have gotten some details wrong, after all.

~

IC: Ken Render - With Forticus and Rider

"Looks like," he said. He flexed his shoulders under Forticus' arm and started trekking over.

Haha, thanks. I come from the Old Bionicle Roleplay in the LMB's, where we have NPC's more dangerous than most characters here. So if something of mine's overpowered, now you know why. :P

I see. I was mainly meaning his overall affiliation, but I getcha. Easy fix.

I tried to balance the regen power out, but I guess I tend to go for overpowered characters in general. :P I will say that while the extent of the power is large, its overall speed is not the greatest excluding minor things such as small dents. So it could take several seconds to actually reattach something. Also, his overall hollowness means (I probably should have mentioned this) that he's less resistant to impact related attacks. I added the disadvantage of being unable to get replacement limbs to help balance the regen power out, so while he is able to reattach parts of him easily and fix minor damage in a short time, he is unable to simply replace his body parts like others, meaning that if someone rips his arm off and runs off with it and he can't pull it back, he's going to be without an arm for a while. :P

When I mean unconscious I mean that they're drained enough that their non-core functions are forced to shut down for a short period of time, mainly affecting external functions as they are what he's most likely touching in combat, making the effect very short term in consequence. (I probably should have said paralyzed instead of unconscious, my bad) It would take considerably far longer to actually drain someone completely. And in his defense, all he has are his bare fists and hunger is the only way he can really do damage. :P But yeah, this is probably something to tone down, particularly regarding the energy resistance, I could tone this down to partial resistance.

Hmm, I see. I tend to try and make complicated characters with very blurred lines between powers and natural traits, with powers overlapping in various ways such as the above. So... I don't know, I'll try and figure it out. :P

Not entirely undetectable to technology, while whatever he's running on is undetectable, this simply means that energy and temperature sensors would not pick it up, this would not prevent his detection via eyesight, radar, and the like. Although, I suppose that his hunger trait might make the abnormal lack of energy detectable. I don't know, but this only makes him undetectable to certain scanners, so this hopefully is not as major as it seems.

Yayz I don't have to make a ship just yet. :P

On the contrary, your insight is enlightening. I expected I would go over the OP limit on my first try regardless of what I did and I wanted to see how a complicated character power-wise would be received.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

IC: Blink - Bar Row

Blink followed the pair at a safe distance, a bit behind the others who had gone out of the bar. She carefully unslung the bag from her shoulder as she walked. Her rifle was inside, completely dismantled so that it could fit. She didn't expect any trouble for Uerub; they didn't know each other particularly well but the bounty hunter would know Blink wasn't a threat, but the other two followers looked like they meant business. One had even been eating an arm back in the bar!

IC: Alex Drift - ???

Drift lowered his gun a bit when the four-armed super villain shifted into... a civilian? Serious bad guys usually didn't transform into normal people when they wanted to fight.

This wasn't turning out nearly as epic as he'd hoped.

=IC: Night Stalker

As Night Stalker snatched up Gorn he used his gun arm as a club, smashing it into Gorn's sword arm and letting loose with a few energy rounds and bullets at point blank range, aiming to blast the arm off.  As the first few energy blasts strike his legs he almost falls but manages to turn around instead, putting Gorn in between him and Saracen and forcing the flying hero to either shoot Gorn or stop.

Unfortunately, Night Stalker had failed to take into account one important thing - he was quite a bit bigger than Gorn, making the hero near useless as a shield. He opened fire at Night Stalker's feet and the ground around them.

Even if he managed to avoid getting his feet directly mangled, the high-impact blasts would still tear chunks out of the unstable ground, and given that he'd already had his legs damaged, hopefully it would be enough to bring him down.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"That guy won't be killed, don't worry," Thumper assured her. "They're going to fight the guy and recuff them. I can't really tell those guys to stop trying to arrest a dangerous criminal, you know? The guy was shooting all round the place! Even if that guy's like you and isn't part of this, it's super bad to start attacking Heroes. The other guy, your boss? I knew he was just worried about your friend, but I still had to arrest him for questioning."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

After allowing Quadal inside, she turned to the Heroes carrying the casualty. "This way, please."

She led the way down the hall.

OOC: Can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure Shade and Shard were carrying Echo?

~

OOC: @Dark One: Oh, okay. In HF RPG, we try and keep it so everyone has a fair chance in a fight- with the way this one's played, it wouldn't be much fun to have to face an ultra powerful, immune to everything villain with a standard Hero, or visa versa.

A good thing to remember is, your character has to be possible and reasonable to defeat. If your character has the power to destroy anything in a 20 km radius and has a weakness to being punched, for example, that's not a reasonable weakness. That's very exaggerated, however, and usually issues will be more general than that. It can take practice, especially if you come from an RPG background where everyone is overpowered.

The hunger power sounds more reasonable, the way you put it, and I get what you're saying about only having fists. But I reckon it might still be a good idea to extend how long it takes so you're not paralysing people with a touch.

In your character's case, natural traits and powers are one and the same. Maybe add a thing about being a hollow shell, and all the bonuses that affords your character. To your credit, you did note it down and it was easy to pick out, you might just want to jot it down in the right place. Also, the undetectability I get- I figured you'd be able to see the guy- but I meant in the sense that Hero scanners wouldn't pick him up. I'd put it down as a relatively minor power, but should still be noted.

If you don't want to make a ship, just have them steal one or catch a ride. Don't worry, you don't have to make one.

If you need any more help, don't be afraid to ask people, whether on here or through the PM system. C:

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Been sitting on this one for a while, figured it was about time I did something with her: 

Hero Profile: 

Name: Evangeline Weaver. 

Powers and Abilities: This hero has total control over water in all of its forms. She can rapidly manipulate the temperature of it as well, bringing it to boil in seconds, evaporating it into steam, or swiftly freezing it. However, she cannot create it out of nothing, only draw it from existing sources in the surrounding environment, and the range of her control is limited to only fifty metres or so.

Due to this ability, she has been built to be resistant to temperature-related stresses, meaning her body isn’t liable to shatter or fall apart if exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold in quick succession, for example.

Weapon(s): Her weapon of choice is a bladed mace, hewn of a light but durable blue-tinged metal. As well as this, she carries a number of capsules full of water on a bandolier, for situations where other water sources are unavailable.  

Appearance: With a blue body and white armour plating, this hero is of about average height, but more slim and lithe than most other heroes. Her armour is adorned with icicle-like spikes, and her helmet comms have been styled to look like golden earrings.   

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/FRP6jjN.png

Bio: Despite her chilly exterior, Evangeline does her best to be open and friendly, exercising constant restraint to keep her formidable powers in check. However, she easily gets carried away, and doesn’t hold back in combat, traits that has resulted in the (usually unintentional) injury of friends and foes alike, and several cases of severe property damage. Because of this, she’s been kicked out of a number of hero teams, been put on probation more times than she can count, and is rarely sent out on missions anymore, unless under supervision. 

Despite this, she dutifully defended her home during the Destroyer invasion, and was one of many heroes feared dead in the aftermath of the attack, buried alive in the rubble. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts.

"Well, it's about time," he grunted grumpily, trying and failing to get up, "Where's can I find the jerk that trapped the asteroid in a planet, because I want to have a long, serious conversation with them."

OOC: Been sitting on this one for a while, figured it was about time I did something with her:

Hero Profile:

Name: Evangeline Weaver.

Powers and Abilities: This hero has total control over water in all of its forms. She can rapidly manipulate the temperature of it as well, bringing it to boil in seconds, evaporating it into steam, or swiftly freezing it. However, she cannot create it out of nothing, only draw it from existing sources in the surrounding environment, and the range of her control is limited to only fifty metres or so.

Due to this ability, she has been built to be resistant to temperature-related stresses, meaning her body isn’t liable to shatter or fall apart if exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold in quick succession, for example.

Weapon(s): Her weapon of choice is a bladed mace, hewn of a light but durable blue-tinged metal. As well as this, she carries a number of capsules full of water on a bandolier, for situations where other water sources are unavailable.

Appearance: With a blue body and white armour plating, this hero is of about average height, but more slim and lithe than most other heroes. Her armour is adorned with icicle-like spikes, and her helmet comms have been styled to look like golden earrings.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/FRP6jjN.png

Bio: Despite her chilly exterior, Evangeline does her best to be open and friendly, exercising constant restraint to keep her formidable powers in check. However, she easily gets carried away, and doesn’t hold back in combat, traits that has resulted in the (usually unintentional) injury of friends and foes alike, and several cases of severe property damage. Because of this, she’s been kicked out of a number of hero teams, been put on probation more times than she can count, and is rarely sent out on missions anymore, unless under supervision.

Despite this, she dutifully defended her home during the Destroyer invasion, and was one of many heroes feared dead in the aftermath of the attack, buried alive in the rubble.

Approved.

I'm thinking that brandolier might be heavy on her and impair her manuverability somewhat, however, unless the capsules are really small. You may want to adjust that.

Water is pretty heavy, as I know from lifting five-gallon buckets of the stuff in my time.

GM IC 78 EAST

"Then why did that guy," she indicated Gorn, "try to take a plasma sword to slice his arm off? That's not going to make cuffing him any easier."

I'm thinking that brandolier might be heavy on her and impair her manuverability somewhat, however, unless the capsules are really small. You may want to adjust that.

OOC: Fair point. I'll keep that in mind.