BIONICLE: Journey to Netflix

-Windrider-

http://gerthpics.weebly.com/uploads/4/0/9/5/40953349/6571639_orig.png

I guess it only applies to the first wave of sets, but do I get bonus points for including both the Lego and the Bionicle logos?

Just one small thing -

The title of the series should be included in the image. Casting info isn't required, but you can make some up.

Since it's a movie poster, "The Journey to One" should be somewhere in the image. Oh, and this is a message for all who are entering: you are allowed to edit your entry, provide you get the go-ahead from me, Sumiki, or Zatth first.

Member: ToaOmega139

Here is my Entry for the Journey to Netflix Contest, I drew it by hand. My Version of the Bionicle Logo is based on the fact that the Ancient City is in the Region of Water and is overgrown with vegetation. It also shows the Staircase to the Temple of Creation with Skull Basher, the Region of Ice with Kopaka, Kulta the Skull Grinder in the shadows, inspired by the 2015 Image, where his mask is in the upper right hand corner. On the right, there is Makuta's Mask of Control in a Pederstal with a cardving based on the 2016 poster seen in the Mask Maker Challenge video. The major inspiration is: "United the elements hold the power to defeat evil. United, but not one."

Link: www.flickr.com/photos/128164355@N02/21574044594

Hate to burst your bubble but the ancient city is in the region of Jungle!

Here is my Entry for the Journey to Netflix Contest, I drew it by hand. My Version of the Bionicle Logo is based on the fact that the Ancient City is in the Region of Water and is overgrown with vegetation. It also shows the Staircase to the Temple of Creation with Skull Basher, the Region of Ice with Kopaka, Kulta the Skull Grinder in the shadows, inspired by the 2015 Image, where his mask is in the upper right hand corner. On the right, there is Makuta's Mask of Control in a Pederstal with a cardving based on the 2016 poster seen in the Mask Maker Challenge video. The major inspiration is: "United the elements hold the power to defeat evil. United, but not one."

G2 isn't canonically sound on that.

No, Toa Omega is right. Just looked at Bionicle Website. It's water.

The prize info has been finalized!

1st place will get a signed Gali concept art poster, a trans-clear Mask of Fire, and a 2001 Kanohi.

2nd place will get a poster too, along with a 2001 Kanohi.

3rd place will get their own poster as well.

These are all courtesy of Black Six.

The signature's a bit hard to find, but you'll see it in the bottom right corner of the linked image.

• Upvote 5

those prizes sound nifty!

i've started on my entry so far but traditional art has proven to be a pain (quite literally in the case of a papercut, hopefully minor bloodstains can be colored over...)

still, i think i can make the deadline, if i stop dragging my metaphorical feet and just draw already

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm drawing.

And I think it will take loooonger than expected, because I first draw on paper and then on my tablet, just to avoid proportion issues.... I still don't know which style should I use! Lol

Ps: two questions:

-I know I must put "bionicle journey blahblahblah" in this poster... however, is it possible to insert a gray/transparent lego logo in it somewhere? Or should I leave it as it is, red-yellow-black-white? Must it be alongside "Bionicle", or anywhere in the poster?

- Are signatures (like "IlReSanmto" in gray on the bottom) allowed?

Edited by IlReSanmto

I'm drawing.

And I think it will take loooonger than expected, because I first draw on paper and then on my tablet, just to avoid proportion issues.... I still don't know which style should I use! Lol

-I know I must put "bionicle journey blahblahblah" in this poster... however, is it possible to insert a gray/transparent lego logo in it somewhere? Or should I leave it as it is, red-yellow-black-white? Must it be alongside "Bionicle", or anywhere in the poster?

I'm pretty sure the Lego and Bionicle logos aren't a requirement, so it wouldn't matter.

Windy seems perfectly fine with my Kaukari signature in the corner of my entry, so that shouldn't cause a problem either.

I still don't know which style should I use! Lol

I know the feeling -_- 

I'm still contemplating whether I should attempt a Drew Struzan (Star Wars) style or perhap a Dave Rapoza lineart style. Even then I still had a bunch of empty space to figure what to fill with XD 

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

The only requirement is the title of the series; everything else will be a product of your choice. So, you can modify logos and things to your liking.

A signature would also be fine, yes.

My entry is just poorly photoshopped official art because my drawing skills cannot even summon a proper stick figure to the page sometimes

I'm sure I'll post it later today ;__;

---

Member name: Voltex
Entry image (linked or embedded): Right Here (Larger Version)
Entry topic (if applicable): Here Too

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

Six days until deadline, and I'm still sketching on paper using model references!! D:

xbRmvSom.jpg

Lucky you guys that finished and did something wonderful! D: D:

Ps: One final question: Once I upload the pic (as long as I can) on imgur, can I add it to my Deviantart Gallery/portfolio too? Or will I get disqualified?

• Upvote 2

I don't know if I will finish my entry, but I made this replica of the Journey to One title if anyone wants to incorporate it into their entry (it has a transparent background).

Six days until deadline, and I'm still sketching on paper using model references!! D:

xbRmvSom.jpg

Lucky you guys that finished and did something wonderful! D: D:

Can't wait to see that finished, it looks awesome so far!

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Well, grab yourself a pumpkin spice latte, sit down, and get to entering!

By the way, I expect voting to look something like this:

Semifinals: Tuesday, October 27th - Wednesday, October 28th at 11:59 PM

Finals: Thursday, October 29th - Saturday, October 31st at 11:59 PM

• Upvote 1

After looking back and thinking it through, I have decided to fix up and update my original post (with permission from Wind, of course)

http://i.imgur.com/ysYBfWQ.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Hey, um. Wind? may I ask you want you think of mine? If I should (and can) do anything more with mine. I'm open to suggestions. (if allowed)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png