Skyrise

Nato G

IC Maldrakk

Nope, still nothing.

He wasn't stupid. At least, not that stupid. The Zesk, the Vorox, all inconveniences. Lethal, yes, if left unattended. But the other two were doing a good job of that. And while he didn't doubt Stronius' combative skill, no one man could beat the life out of a whole swarm of Vorox. Stronius had a backup weapon, no doubt. The real test was the vehicle.

And so far, that hadn't showed.

IC: Ektana - Capstone

"I'm looking for information and you happen to be one of the very few whom I haven't asked yet. It's only one question." Ektana added quickly, sensing annoyance in his voice.

"Do you know anything about Fe's location?"

GM IC: Barlow - Capstone. 

"Sure a do," he slurred, "It's underground, somewhere in the mount'ens."  

IC Maldrakk

The real test was the vehicle.

And so far, that hadn't showed.

GM IC: The Test - Canyon.

Just because Maldrakk couldn't see the vehicle, didn't mean it wasn't there. Indeed, the vehicle was there, its pilot watching the other three aircraft, analysing them, weighing up which ones were threats, and which weren't.

Down below, the Vorox and Zesk scattered in the face of Ezezko and Armani's barrage. Several of them went down, while other blundered into the transport's firing range and were cut down by disk fire. A smaller group managed to stick together, and began to circle around towards the rear of the transport. Before they could get close, however, something unexpected happened. 

Something tore upwards out of the sand right in the middle of the group in an explosive display, obliterating the armoured creatures in an instant. A similar explosion rang out on the other side of the transport, annihilating another, smaller group of Zesk. There was no clear cause or origin point for the blasts - Had they come from above, below, ground level? Projectile weapon? Land mines? - and still no sign of the mysterious prototype vehicle the group had come to combat. 

A handful of the voracious desert dwellers still scuttled about below, and the prototype pilot briefly considered blasting them as well, but ultimately decided against it. The smart ones were already fleeing, anyway, and the desperate few that remained would be easy for the other pilots would to pick off. Instead, the pilot dialed back his weapon system to its lowest setting, and waited for the right moment to make their move. 

​IC: Voturia ​- New Atero (The Tower)

​"I saw a notice about needing pilots and mechanics for some kind of new vehicle, are those spots still open?"

GM IC: The Servant - The Tower, New Atero.

"I'm pretty sure His Spikiness already set off with the test team a good fifteen, twenty minutes ago," The Servant replied, pleasantly surprised by this one's un-exaggerated politeness, "Better luck next time, I guess." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The Servant - The Tower, New Atero. 

"I don't know," the servant said, after thinking it over for a few moments, "I just look after the front door." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I dunno," he shrugged, "No one knows. Tha's the point, innit?" 

Her face went bleak. And there she thought she had actually found someone who might know...

Well, at least it narrows the searching field, she thought.

There was a minute of silence as she stared at the mountain region on her map. She sighed and eventually put it away.

After that, she'd go back to drinking her shake, lost in thought and plans for future. She soon realized that there wasn't much else to left to drink in her glass, so she gave the bartender a small bag of widgets and asked for another shake.

"Since we're already talkin' - what's up with your pocket?" She asked as she pointed to his now damaged coat.

"Huh?" He sluggishly turned his gaze down towards the offending pocket, then further down to the few coins that still remained on the floor, "Well, tha's weird." 

IC: Armani - The Test

"Whoa!" She pulled up from the sand as it exploded in front of her. Whatever tore through the sand seemed to startle their attackers off for the most part. As she went after the few that stuck around, she considered what she had just seen. She didn't see an energy streak or anything to indicate where the blasts had come from, if anywhere at all. Was it reasonable to assume this weapon was limited to the ground, if it had only affected the sand as it had? Or had it simply had precise aim? She couldn't assume anything at the moment. It was too soon to say for sure. She would have to wait until the new craft made its appearance proper.

• Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: 042 - New Atero, Parking District

The Zyglak was painfully oblivious to his surroundings, that was of a surety. How he had managed to survive this long with such pitiable alertness was beyond the Maxilos unit that was now situated directly behind him.

"Pilot," 042 began abruptly, "Your vehicle has damaged New Atero grounds whilst performing illegal landing maneuvers."

IC: Katana - Capstone

Are you from Cliffside? the Matoran asked.

Katana hesitated for a moment. He didn't like sharing personal information to strangers,

...Ah, heck. What harm can a mute Matoran do? he thought.

"I don't know if I'm from Cliffside but I certainly do live here." he answered.

Edited by Koala Kranan

IC: Voturia - New Atero (The Tower)

"Thank you," ​she sighs, visibly upset (But not angry, I don't wanna set that precedent this early!) ​"I guess I'll be back tomorrow, have a nice day"

​And so she set off to the Anvil Bar, in order to engage in whatever form of intoxication/debauchery/bar-fighting New Atero is more or less kosher with.

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Kathok smiles savagely. He honestly hadn't expected his attack to be so effective. He's aware of the cliff wall approaching, so he needs to decide whether to take down his opponent before Sunmaker reaches the landmark or risk the winding passage through the rocks. The latter is certainly more exciting, but Kathok is aware of his damaged thruster. He really should just get the assault over with. He really should just take the other ship out of the fight, then land and find its occupant. Come on, does he want his prize or not? He should really just fire now.

Kathok decides to wait.

Keeping his distance, Kathok braces for quick maneuvering as the ship between him and Silvana's slowly descends with the damage. Kathok's mind shimmers into a cold hard line pointing at its target.

Wind smites the skin, a scornful curse

Begets a cutting blow returned

As metal cuts the sky adverse

The air itself by engines burned

Kathok

IC: Porangi - New Atero, Parking District

Porangi leaned away from the Maxilos unit. "Hey now, my engines failed and I just barely managed to not crash my vehicle by deploying the glider wings at the right time. Any 'property damage' was purely accidental, and as I said before, I'm quite certain the platform did more damage to my ship than the ship did damage to the platform. So you back right off with your extreme consequences, you darn maxilos scrapheap! And stay out of my personal space!"

IC: Ailun - Moa (Outside New Atero)

"Uh, no... I just parked out here. Why does everyone think I need help?"

IC: Fifteen - Iron Fist

With the attention gone from her, Fifteen went back to her quiet tinkering.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

He flinches, then snaps a quick salute and a faltering, "Th-thank you, citizen!" before disappearing back into the crowd.

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

Tolo finished tightening one last screw, then stepped back to admire her handiwork.

"Beautiful," she said in a hushed tone.

Before her, its massive bulk gleaming, was the completely repaired Initial Disappointment.  Its hull had been patched up, the engine ran smoothly now, the old broken readout screens had been replaced, and there was finally a landing gear in the back left.

Oh, and there was also a mini-fridge now.  That would be a great place to keep all her drinks.

Drinks... "I should celebrate with a drink," Tolo said aloud to herself.  She reached into the pouch on the side of her belt, but as she did so, her face fell.

No widgets.

She had spent all her money on parts for this hunka junk.

"Guess I'll have to find some work," she muttered, again to herself.  With that, she headed off to Tesara's public notice board.

As she walked, Tolo took time to observe all the happenings, well... happening around her.  There was an unmistakable air of busyness and excitement throughout the village.  She saw booths being erected, and goods being laid out around those booths.  It must be a market day, she thought.

--OOC:--

Tolo is heading to the notice board and is Open For Interaction.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: 042 - New Atero, Parking District

There, that was much more reasonable. As a side note, it was fortunate for the Zyglak that 042 cared little about insults.

"Engine failure is an avoidable incident... if unpredictable. Fines will still be due for..." Looking over at the stretch he had landed in, it was really mostly just scuffing, "Minimal damages."

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, Market District Library

There are some moments in life where you just don't know how to go on. Moments that feel like emptiness has you in it's swells. Right at this moment I was having one of these moments, staring at a sandwich on the ground, crying my eyes out.

I was going to eat that sandwich. I could still eat that sandwich, if I lowered my standards. But I know what's been on this floor. My own brain was debating over this slab of food while simultaneously destroying itself.

Using my incredible decision making powers, I elected to curl up on the floor in agony of the spirit.

OOC: Bai Bai is now in the game, woooo. Just had to get her in here, so I could feel like I have a place to start from

IC: Parii - Capstone

That's fine, Parii gestured, seeing that Katana was getting uncomfortable. Planning on doing anything here?

"Welp."

Ektana stood up and looked at Barlow. "Nice talking to you. Enjoy your drinks!"

OOC: Ektana's OFI in Capstone.

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

Tolo arrived at the notice board, borrowed a pen and slip of paper, jotted down an advertisement, and pinned it to the board:

MECHANIC FOR HIRE: I'll fix anything that needs fixing.  I'm most likely at a bar; ask for Tolo.  Price on request.

When she had finished, she stood back and began to scan the board, reading the other notices there.

And then she made a beeline for the nearest bar.  She may not have had any money on her, but at least she would be where her advertisement said she'd be.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

OOC: Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I just kinda lost interest for a tad bit. But now I'm back.

IC: Ezoba - Cliffside

It had been an uneventful travel to the Cliffside, lots of rolling sand dunes and rock formation in Ezoba's view the way there. A few sparce dust clouds here and there, but nothing grander than that.

Ezoba softly touched down to the Cliffside, with a roar of the engines, and the slight squeak of the landing gear, Ezoba stooped the engine, opened the roof, and stepped out into the surrounding area. After taking a quick peak around, Ezoba looked down to his landing gear, to see if there was any damage, or anything out of place. There was none, and with a quick shrug, he went off to the supplier.

Ezoba spend 80 widgets to get all the supplies he needed and more, an engine full of fuel, four extra fuel containers, some spare pieces of metal in case of unforseen circumstances where repairs would be needs, along with tools of course, and a bit of food for the next couple of days. Ezoba latched the containers of fuel to the top of the Terani, along with the spare parts and few tools, and kept the food under the dash and controls. Keeping the roof of the cockpit open.

Ezoba then contemplated his next action, standing beside the Terani for a moment. Thinking of all taht there was he could do to pass the time. Oerhaps there were a few job openings. And again, he had to return to the market in a week or so. So, there is ample time ahead.

OOC: closed to interactions until I look over the places Ezoba can go.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

--OOC:--

Tolo is heading to the notice board and is Open For Interaction.

IC- Ondai

The Glatorian eyed the notice board with curiosity in his glowing eyes. Smuggling was a good job and all, but his sour reputation in Cliffside was enough for the being to consider taking a break for a short period of time. Maybe this mechanic's job would be a good way to get the funds to repair the Bootlegger after that not so good run in with Wasteland dwelling Vorox.

"Hey there", Ondai said to the being at the notice board. "I couldn't help but notice your proposition for mechanics. I've got lots of experience with repairs and miracles. I've got to know about the pay, though. My Rockoh is indisposed, as in filled with sand and a half-way broken engine. It needs to be fixed ASAP."

Hopefully they haven't been to Cliffside. Ondai thought. I could do without a fistfight.

OOC- Newcomer. I've been busy all this week with football practice and school but I really wanted to join. Ondai is open for interaction.

Edited by The Hordika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

IC: Ennanas - Outside the Moa

Ennanas closed her eyes and nodded solemnly. "Understood. Will leave then. Thank you for information, it will aid in hunt. Beasts from Chasm must be destroyed as swiftly as possible." She pounded a fist to her chest. "Best hunter of beasts. If wanted, could protect through the night. They move then. Dangerous monstrosities, unlikely you are equipped to deal with them."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC- Ondai

The Glatorian eyed the notice board with curiosity in his glowing eyes. Smuggling was a good job and all, but his sour reputation in Cliffside was enough for the being to consider taking a break for a short period of time. Maybe this mechanic's job would be a good way to get the funds to repair the Bootlegger after that not so good run in with Wasteland dwelling Vorox.

"Hey there", Ondai said to the being at the notice board. "I couldn't help but notice your proposition for mechanics. I've got lots of experience with repairs and miracles. I've got to know about the pay, though. My Rockoh is indisposed, as in filled with sand and a half-way broken engine. It needs to be fixed ASAP."

Hopefully they haven't been to Cliffside. Ondai thought. I could do without a fistfight.

GM OOC: While it's always great to have new players, I can't help but notice that you haven't actually provided a profile for your character. You're going to need to post a profile for Ondai and his vehicle in the discussion topic; once I've approved them, you're free to post as them IC.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Katana - Capstone

"Other than looking for weirdos who'd like to buy scrap metal? I don't think so." Katana replied. He took a sip of his drink and sat quietly next to Parii a few seconds before realizing how much time he had already wasted inside the bar than he was supposed to. "Shoot" he muffled under his breath.

He turned back to Parii "Hey, I'd best be going before my ride either gets stolen or bashed up." he said.

Edited by Koala Kranan

IC: Katana - Outside the Capstone

Katana double checked his satchel right after exiting the building, in case someone had stolen any of his things whithout him noticing. He marched his way in the direction of where he parked his vehicle.

OOC: Katana is open for interaction.

IC: Porangi - New Atero

"Right... eh..." Porangi's eyes darted between the maxilos and Bloat's airship. It was a rather nice airship...

A mere moment later, he'd gotten his engines started again, and before that darn maxilos drone would be able to react, Porangi had taken off. He made a mental note to keep an eye out for that airship.

Moments later, Ailun and Ennanas would notice a rather badly worn rockoh scrambling through the air, the engines rumbling with an unusual sound and the ship clearly struggling with all its might to keep itself in the air. Finally, the engines gave out, and Porangi once more plonked down, just a few paces from The Moa.

-"Darn, I guess I should find someone to repair this old thing..."

IC: Ezoba - Cliffside

After thinking it over for some time, it would be best for Ezoba to just sit down, and have a drink or two at Capstone. Despite the redundancy of this, that he was technically already there, and just walked back to his ship, then back to capstone, Ezoba couldn't give a wink of care. After all, the exorcize was good for him, even if it wasn't so rigorous.

Ezoba walked into the entrance of Capstone, no one cared bat an eye at him, or even look to see him. It was as if he was not there. "hmm... That's not so typical. Then again, I don't tend to speak my name much." Ezoba thought to himself.

Ezoba sat down at the bar. The Bartender looked to Ezoba, and asked what it is he wanted. Ezoba replied "I'll just have a glass of sparkling water, thank you."

A few moments later, the Bartender handed him his beverage. Ezoba just sat there, looking down at his drink as he contemplated, occasionally taking a sip of his drink. Ezoba just sitting there, kept an ear out in case something were to occur.

OOC : Open to Interaction.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

IC: Ezezko - The Test

That was slightly unexpected, or rather, would he had he not been expecting the unexpected to happen.

His first assumption was that the prototype vehicle was some sort of subterranean one. Maybe it burrowed through the sand? There was also the possibility of mines having happened to be in this area.

Or maybe he'd just missed some crucial detail.

Or maybe something even worse had interrupted the test, some explosion causing sand kaiju, maybe.

Probably the last one.

He kept the For Hire at a safe diatance, eyes peeled for signs of movement below.

...but close to it

IC: Dedris - New Atero

I gripped the Chieftain's handlebars and took a deep breath.  Up here the sky was still somewhat clean, but my engines were running low on fuel.  I wasn't looking forward toward my descent to the dirt, so I tried to prolong it by searching for a place to land.  After a few minutes of lazy circles, I spotted a field marked with a few other aircraft on the city outskirts.  It'd be as good a place as any to land.

With a few flicks of the dashboard switches, Chieftain's wings folded down and the landing thrusters fired as the machine floated down in front of a steel pole.  After the engines shut down, I hopped off and tied Chieftain to the pole.  Hopefully that would deter any would-be thieves while I found some fuel.  With the military around, I shouldn't have to worry about such a stupid thing but caution never hurt.  As I walked towards the gate, I tried to recall what I had to trade for fuel.  Do I have any widgets?  Maybe... I guess I could trade those audio circuits I found but I was going to build a sound system into the Chieftain... ah heck, there's always something broken I can fix for money.  It'll work out.  Always does.

OOC: Dedris open for interaction (finally)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

OOC: Apologies for the delays - my holidays have been turning out far more hectic than I would've liked. 

GM IC: Silvana - Canyon. 

A quick backwards glance told Silvana that the Rockoh was fleeing, leaving her with no buffer between herself and the other Jetrax hunting her. This is bad. Assuming, of course, that he didn't break off his pursuit to finish off the easier target. But I've never been that lucky before... especially not today...

She'd almost reached the canyon wall; all she needed were a few more seconds, and hopefully the head start she'd gained while the other Jetrax had been busy engaging the Rockoh had provided that... 

GM IC: Xaril - The Iron Fist of Fe.

After a time, Xaril made his way up to the front of the ship to consult with the pilot. When he returned, his angular face was as expressionless as always. "We're passing through Tesaran airspace now. We're past the halfway mark."

With the announcement made, he returned to his chair.  

GM IC: Bloat/Joe - The Makuta Killer.

"Alright everyone, this is your last chance to tur-"

"Enough," Joe waved him off, "We're doin' this. You know the way, so let's get movin'." 

With a grimace, Bloat stepped opened up the side door, stepping into the smaller hallway section and spinning the bulkhead door shut again. If any of the would-be treasure hunters decided to watch through the porthole, they'd notice him pull off his breathing helmet, and open the second door, flooding the small chamber with water, through which he swam deeper into the ship. After closing the second hatch behind him, some unseen mechanism sucked the water and wildlife back out of the chamber, presumably distributing it back into the body of the ship. 

Ignoring the display, Joe beamed at the rest of the group. "This is it! We're all 'bout to become rich!" 

GM IC: Barlow - Capstone

Barlow had stopped ordering more drinks. Now, he just sat there in a silent stupor, trying to figure out what the weird feeling was, that tickled at the back of his mind. Something someone had said to him... something they'd asked... 

And then it hit him. 

His pocket. The one that was torn. He reached down, rifled through what was left of it, fell to his hands and knees and searched across the floor for its contents. Oh karz... Oh karz... Oh karz... Oh karz... Oh karz... It was gone.

The note was gone. No... No... No... No... No!

Edited by Roman Torchwick