What Did You Do While The Forums Were Down?

Illustrious Var

Got some certificates in computing for level 3 and 4. Got some friends. Got into Playing some Xbox 360 games. Waited for some Glorious Megatokyo and Homestuck updates, and Started to make a new forum RP off-site.

I wasn't that into BZPower.com when it went offline, what with the whole Bionicle sets ending, but I checked here every now and then.

Didn't realise how much I actually wanted to post here. Don't know if I'll actually take it for granted now that it's back, though.

Also animies,

Starting a new comic series soon.

Finished off my Pokemon obsession, got out of school, went on five ten-mile hikes and a twenty-mile hike (the latter of which left me sunburned all over the place), made about 20 comics, started school, and got a 3DS. And there's probably tons of stuff that I can't really think of right now. In short, life has been very very good without BZP, and I don't really expect to stay too long.

button.png

I learned.Not through school or teaching, but through browsing the internet. I migrated from BZPower and joined many other forums, and I was also introduced to Instant Chat.I guess you could say the downtime was an awakening for me, since now I see how blind I was before it.-Skar(By the way, I'm Kazi. Or Kpik, or Skarloth.)

Went to work, visited other website, checked in from time to time, drew a few pictures, and made some progress on my plans for world domination. You know, stuff I usually do.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

I prepared this post for the inevitable topic. First of all, I spent time doing homework and studying. Because that's essential. Then I spent some time creating a new av and ban which I am currently (or will currently) start displaying. Then I went to the middle of nowhere, CA to work as an archery counselor for a boy scout camp for seven weeks. No internet (or phone) there so I had no idea BZP was still down while I was there. I was surprised when I came back in August and the forums were still offline. Then I did things like hang out with friends or myself until the mid September. Then I had to go back to the middle of nowhere, CA for field camp (required for my degree). I went there for two weeks, returned, was once again surprised the forums weren't back, and did school related stuff until they came back. I am mighty glad the forums are back. Let's get this site rekindling!

BZPRPG

I did...a lot XD most importantly I've bought a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 4. Dunno what else is overly important. Oh yeah, our family bought a really nice movie camera. And...lots of other stuff XD Glad these forums are back.

infinitybladebanner.png

The best iPhone game. Ever. Screw you Angry Birds.

In my free time, I became a god at Mahjong, rekindled my Elder Scrolls obsession for Skyrim soon, wrote and rewrote and deleted and rewrote something I intend on getting published more times than I can count, read many books, discovered several awesome bands, and trolled a bit on random chat sites, which was kind of fun. In short, nothing remotely productive. XD

rahkshi_symbol.png

Hmmmm, cultivated a real life.But really, I got my Eagle Scout rank, started my senior year of High School, was in a theatrical production of Robin Hood, started a Project called The History of Code Lyoko.....there is a lot more, but it would take me a while.-SK

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

I visited other websites, graduated from high school, and finally beat Metroid Prime on hard mode. I also got two jobs which I still have now. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Ah, we all knew a topic of this sort was coming. So, what'd I do? You really want to know? Wow, I'm flattered... Well. I ate. I slept. I talked. I laughed. I- Wait.... :biggrin: I guess I've been pretty busy so Bzpower's absence from my life wasn't felt much. Though I did check up on it's status every now and again, I went on with my life. And, if you're really interested about what I've been up to, I may work on a blog post in the near(ish) future. That said, it's good to be back. :) :kaukau: -JG

Edited by Jedi Gali

toaofthenewrepublicv2jx3.gif

Toa of the New Republic ~ The Collision of Two Worlds

The body of Orkham dangling from a vine. Shamiir’s corpse, his chest nearly split in half. One by one, the bodies of his friends and squad mates flashed by till he realized the horrible truth... They were all dead but two.

Well, I spent most of it on online chat. I also participated in THREE Pokemon tournaments! You know the forums have been down for ages when Australia has three Pokemon tournaments within the downtime!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

i was mostly miserable for the first couple months, but then I downloaded steam, and it's occupied me for the rest of the time. Aside from that i compulsively checked the front page every day, eventually i was pretty much resigned to BZP being forever stuck in limbo, but then i checked an hour ago and I mentally fist-pumped =D .

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I did the same stuff I normally do other than BZPower, just more of it. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Saw a bunch of movies: Warrior, Drive <3, HP7-2, Super 8, X-men. Played Fallout 3, Gears 3, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Shadows of the ######, Fable 3, Borderlands, Vanquish, LA Noire <3, and Enslaved. Read the Deathly Hallows again and also Ender's Game <3. Watched all of Mad Men <3 and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood <3. Learned a little bit of C++. Made money. Went to a few concerts. You know, things I would've done regardless.

What is dead may never die.

Ah there was much that happened for me between BZP's downtime and now, let's see...- Met a cute girl. Began dating her. Fell in love. Got broken up with for reasons unrelated to our relationship. Cried, then smartened up and actually did something about it rather than pining. Got back together and now dating again happily :)- Went to my first, second and third concerts ever, totaling 13 bands in all. 2 of them were awesome headbanging times at local venues and 1 was U2 and Interpol performing in an arena with 60k+ other people. It was spectacular.- Had a fantastic summer split between 3 different cottages and home here in Toronto. Grew a lot closer to some friends. Left the Goderich cottage shortly before a tornado decimated the town.- Began grade 12. So much homework, I think I'll just win the lottery. Less stressful than university. :P- Finally got Xbox live and began routing noobs in Halo Reach. Good times.- Discovered that yu gi oh cards are actually quite entertaining to battle with - who knew?- Starting playing ball hockey on Fridays with friends, scored a nice hat trick. - Began hitting the gym, over exerted myself the first two times and ended up with biceps sore for 5 days the first time and flu-like symptoms from fatigue and dehydration the second time :( Pacing myself better now.So ya, welcome back BZPower forums, it's been a long time now hasn't it?

Formerly known as Skrilax - just, so ya know.

sigx1-1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Go Sens Go!

I also found a way to play DOS games on a Mac! I then spent quite a bit of time playing Commander Keen 4-6, and a popular fanmade Commander Keen 7-9!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!