• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Broken 2.0 Parts

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Offline {Con Quy}

{Con Quy}
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 12:19 AM

Anybody have any broken 2.0 parts?

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 12:20 PM

I have a broken 3.0 part. It's one of those pieces that connects Bulk's blades to an armor piece. Other then that, nope.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#3 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 12:25 PM

Nope, and I don't think I ever will.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#4 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 01:00 PM

They're oissubky the sturdiest kind of Lego piece I've ever come across. As such, none have broken, and I don't forsee any breaking.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#5 Offline Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 01:39 PM

I seem to remember Lego saying they couldn't be broken unless you hit them with a hammer. If I recall correctly, I haven't hit any of my sets with a hammer recently.So, nope! None of my 2.0 onward parts have broken. :)

overlordsukapon.png

#6 Offline Kojol

Kojol
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 01:44 PM

Actually, yes - one of Stormer's lower legs broke apart - half of the socket just cracked off, quite cleanly and all at once.This might be a side effect of how whenever my brother and I act out fight scenes with them, the scenes tend to lead to "I took it... AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!"

#7 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 941 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 01:47 PM

All my parts remain intact. I don't foresee any of them breaking in the near future. They're made of some sturdy plastic.

silverbladebanner.jpg

#8 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 04:17 PM

Actually, yes - one of Stormer's lower legs broke apart - half of the socket just cracked off, quite cleanly and all at once.This might be a side effect of how whenever my brother and I act out fight scenes with them, the scenes tend to lead to "I took it... AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!"

The original Stormer, or his 2.0 / 3.0 version?-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak, Dec 26 2011 - 04:18 PM.

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#9 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 04:58 PM

same question as Mesonak

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#10 Offline Element lord Of Milk.

Element lord Of Milk.
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 05:59 PM

Nope, and since I don't put any strain on the joints aside from taking them apart I doubt I will ever break a post-2.0 part.~ELM~
Posted Image(Oh also BTW here's my BLOG)

#11 Offline Kojol

Kojol
  • Members

• 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 09:55 PM

Well, it being a topic on 2.0 parts, I'm referring to his 2.0 form. Also lower leg only exists as a discrete part in 2.0/3.0 form.

#12 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,904 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 11:00 PM

Short of stomping on them I don't see much potential for many of the the parts to break. The older molds in the sets are probably more likely to break than the newer ones.

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#13 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 11:02 PM

No. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#14 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 03:41 PM

Nope. I really like how sturdy and unbreakable they are compared to Bionicle's post-Mahri pieces.

webmaster.png

#15 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2011 - 09:02 AM

Well, it being a topic on 2.0 parts, I'm referring to his 2.0 form. Also lower leg only exists as a discrete part in 2.0/3.0 form.

I'm actually surprised that happened. He shouldn't mistreat sets like that. Sure these new joints are somewhat made for rough play but still.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

#16 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2011 - 10:59 AM

I dropped my Breeze 2.0, and her arm fell off. It surprisingly wasn't broken.

#17 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,726 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2011 - 12:04 PM

All my parts remain intact. I don't foresee any of them breaking in the near future. They're made of some sturdy plastic.

They're made of the same ABS plastic (or in the case of transparent parts, polycarbonate plastic) as any joint pieces before them. The design is what's sturdier, not the material.None of mine have even showed any sign of breaking. Pity the same can't be said of the Y-joints in my Jetbug set, which was from an early production run and thus used the 2008-2010 style of joints. :closedeyes:

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#18 Offline aaninja64

aaninja64
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2011 - 02:04 PM

None. I've stepped on a hero (it hurt), and it didn't break. Now if you were talking about my Lesovikk, that's a whole different story.~DD
Herp Derp

#19 Offline King Joe

King Joe
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 882 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2011 - 02:30 PM

Nope, I've had the joint on my 1.0 Furno almost completely degrade, however.Makes him almost unuseable.There were a few times when a joint popped into place loudly, but it never cracked like I thought it would.

#20 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2011 - 06:53 PM

No, none. The new socket joints are very durable, thus, no more broken parts. Yayz.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#21 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,423 posts

Posted Dec 29 2011 - 11:56 PM

I haven't played around with the Hero Factory pieces much in MOCing, so that may be why, but I still haven't had any of those pieces break.~B~

Posted Image

#22 Offline TakuaTheAvrahk

TakuaTheAvrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 375 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 02:23 PM

Not one piece has broken.
Reshiram, Zekrom + Kyurem MOCs-New-
Posted ImageCredit to Phyoohrii!
Still wanna Chibi Hero Factory Banner? PM Me!
Now on MOCpages! Fave me! ^-^

#23 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 04:06 PM

Nope, never had one. :)

#24 Offline Biohistorian

Biohistorian
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2012 - 06:52 PM

Actually, my first Evo 2.0 upper arm piece broke off.must be because i kept breaking it off mixing him with other sets.

#25 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2012 - 02:01 AM

Spotted fractures in the ankle sockets of Furno 2.0 early this morning. The sides of the socket are not in any danger of breaking though.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

#26 Online Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 11:39 AM

Broken 2.0 parts? That doesn't happen.

New short story:

DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal

Older stories:

AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt

THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#27 Offline Eragon3443

Eragon3443
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 373 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 02:03 PM

No, but then, I don't have any HF sets.
Posted Image
Feel free to friend me!

#28 Offline Daiker

Daiker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,752 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 12:43 AM

Actually, my first Evo 2.0 upper arm piece broke off.must be because i kept breaking it off mixing him with other sets.

But the parts were made to be taken off and on...? :P I guess a bit too much could do some damage, but that seems to be such a rarity.And no, not one parts has cracked :)

iNiCw5U.jpg

#29 Offline Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui of GoAnimate
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 08:44 AM

Anybody have any broken 2.0 parts?

Ever since the 2.0 series release, none of my new parts have broken. Very pleased.

Takua Nui
of
GoAnimate

#30 Offline gerou100

gerou100
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have no 2.0 pieces a friend lend me occasionally and I must say,are of very good quality

#31 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2012 - 05:22 PM

No, but some of my 1.0 socket parts are cracked

#32 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 05:20 PM

I can praise Artakha, no, no I have not.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#33 Offline Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 328 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2012 - 08:12 PM

Between mine and my siblings', there are a total of...let's see...around sixteen 2.0 style sets at our house. We haven't had a single broken piece yet."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

Logo.jpg                                                                    There was a time when the world was plunging into darkness...a time of witchcraft and sorcery, when no-one stood against evil.

That time...is over.

#34 Offline Chols

Chols
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,726 posts

Posted Mar 20 2012 - 09:32 PM

Could anyone with broken 2.0 joints provide pics? I'd like to see just how bad these can break.I dropped Rocka down the stairs by accident on the day I got him. The joints popped off quite easily (I doubt older sockets would have done that), but they weren't damaged in the slightest. It's probably better that their connection is slightly looser, cause that softenes impact should a model fall over.Even if they can break, I gotta say the newest joints are the strongest yet. If this were 2007, this topic would be filled with people reporting broken sockets. :P

Edited by Chols, Mar 20 2012 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

Latest MOC: Ol' Dusty

#35 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm actually surprised that happened. He shouldn't mistreat sets like that. Sure these new joints are somewhat made for rough play but still.

They can break? Those things are practically indestructible! And come to think of it, from 2007 up till HF 2.0, the joints were pretty fragile.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#36 Offline Linsanity

Linsanity
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,497 posts

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 09:46 AM

I never broke any of my 2.0 sets' parts.

#37 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 02:46 PM

I am happy to say that I have never broken a 2.0 or later part.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

If anyone wants to play Kid Icarus Uprising online, PM me for my friend code.

#38 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 04:04 PM

I haven't had any of my 2.0 or 3.0 pieces break, but I do know that the 1.0 parts were prone to breaking. In my opinion, LEGO did a good job redesigning the Y-joints so that they rarely break.
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#39 Offline Plague

Plague
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 06:26 PM

Heh... I don't need YOUR handouts!Anyways, Yeah none of my parts have broken, and it hopefully stays that way!

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/67904 < My Mocpages! :biggrin:

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! > http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

Posted Image

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT! :P

#40 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,012 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 04:29 AM

None of my parts have broken.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum