The Official Minecraft Topic

Oh wow... That is just... wow. =O

/EDIT: Unit, isn't this the third or fourth? There were like three when I checked last week, and then this week's...

Edited by Null.

Those who remember back to my old FTB server will remember when I built 64 geothermal generators and had them running nonstop, which resulted in a healthy chunk of the Nether literally being drained dry.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I am, though my internet and schedule prevent that from happening.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

What sort of computer requirements would this server need anyway? FTB singleplayer seems to work comfortably with 3GB but I'm not sure how that would translate towards multiplayer requirements?

Edit= I ask because I have a spare laptop. It's kinda old but it handled singleplayer FTB okay-ish so it could be an acceptable server.

Edit the 2nd= so which pack would we use, FTB Lite, Direwolf20 or monster?

Edit the 3rd= actually considering how many people I share my internet connection with this might be a bad idea.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

What sort of computer requirements would this server need anyway? FTB singleplayer seems to work comfortably with 3GB but I'm not sure how that would translate towards multiplayer requirements?

Edit= I ask because I have a spare laptop. It's kinda old but it handled singleplayer FTB okay-ish so it could be an acceptable server.

Edit the 3rd= actually considering how many people I share my internet connection with this might be a bad idea.

I assume you're referring to my post... I actually was talking about Attack of the B-Team, which is a Technic pack, not a FtB pack.

banner.jpg

For a FtB server the main bottleneck is internet connection; two gigs will handle seven or eight players, though you'll need a beastly processor. Ping is really going play a big part in it though, so if you don't have a business connection (I do), you're going run into issues.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I assume you're referring to my post... I actually was talking about Attack of the B-Team, which is a Technic pack, not a FtB pack.

Oops my mistake, what's Attack of the B-Team like?

It's mostly a fun modpack, meant to be very different from classic survival Minecraft. Lots of silly mods, not at all balanced (diamonds everywhere), just a lot of fun and games.

Here's the modpack page, with an intro video.

banner.jpg

It's mostly a fun modpack, meant to be very different from classic survival Minecraft. Lots of silly mods, not at all balanced (diamonds everywhere), just a lot of fun and games.

Here's the modpack page, with an intro video.

Can you make a server for it? :D

I'm probs not gonna have time to read this all anyway, trying this and a pokepack out.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 weeks later...

MatoroIgnika (~Mat~) has a server, though you need to ask him to whitelist you.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

according to Deadline:

Minecraft, one of the hottest video game franchises in the market today, is going to be made into a major motion picture. Warner Bros. just acquired the rights to the wildly popular game from Swedish indie developer Mojang AB (mojang means gadget in Swedish). The property already is getting huge interest from writers and filmmakers as Warners is putting together a live-action version. Roy Lee, who produced the megahit The Lego Movie with Dan Lin and has launched a franchise for Warner Bros, is handling Minecraft for the studio via his Vertigo Entertainment along with Jill Messick (Mean Girls and Mean Moms) who will also produce in some capacity, studio sources said. Jon Berg is the executive in charge at the studio. CAA brokered the deal for the film rights.

honestly this makes even less sense than The Lego Movie did. Minecraft literally has no story. it's a sandbox video game with even more creative limitations than Lego.

How can they make a storyline from a sandbox game?

It would all be a big ball of wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

And that is why the movie industry no longer makes sense to me, watch they try to make it 3D as well and have some contest for Steve to be named after a player, for all we know we will be watching some poorly written story with Xxaw3s0m3guy55xX as the star.

I'm just ToaD

And that is why the movie industry no longer makes sense to me, watch they try to make it 3D as well and have some contest for Steve to be named after a player, for all we know we will be watching some poorly written story with Xxaw3s0m3guy55xX as the star.

Why do I get the impression it would be a youtuber?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

They will have to be very creative to pull it off...

Honestly, how are we gonna Surviv(al) this!?

sorry

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

I'm surprised they sold the rights at all; perhaps the never ending fountain of euros in the Mojang office is going dry, need some royalty money to get things going again.

voidstars.png

I'm surprised they sold the rights at all; perhaps the never ending fountain of euros in the Mojang office is going dry, need some royalty money to get things going again.

I really doubt that. I have a feeling WB probably approached them and they accepted, seeing the benefits and opportunities (financial and other) that it would bring. But I don't think the kronor are going to stop flowing any time soon. Edited by Monsieur P~M

banner.jpg

Hopefully the story is decent and not just "OMG ENDERMEN ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD".

That, at least, would be better than "OMG ALL THE OTHER UNDEAD MOBS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD"...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Anyone know of a mod pack that has Industrialcraft, Thaumcraft 4, Tinkers Construct and some dungeon generating mods? Searching around but can't find one with all these qualities.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I believe the new Mindcrack pack will have all of those, but as far as I know it's not out yet. Should be out soon, though.

If you want to play singleplayer, there are tons of ftb packs that have IC2, Tinkers and Thaum, you can just add a dungeon generating moderator.

EDIT: The Mindcrack pack is waiting on ICBM to be stable for release, but one of the Mindcrakers said there's the possibility of a release on Friday.

Edited by Nara

Friday would definitely be a good time. A bit ahead on work at the moment and would love to sit down for a bit with some modded survival.

Thank you.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

IC2 Experimental is too weird for me. I think I'll wait for IC3 (assuming that's what the next version will be) before really getting into it... at this point it feels like a mix-up of IC2 and the next version. I guess that's the point of an experimental build, though.

Anyway, TE and Extra Utilities pretty much cover all the tech stuff I need. The only things IC2 are good for any more is the recycler and the jetpack.

Edited by Monsieur P~M

banner.jpg

What version is Burns server? And when is it online (GMT)?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡