The Official Minecraft Topic

Well, Microsoft isn't going to immediately start making drastic changes, because if they fail, the company's reputation will be pretty much ruined. They'll probably let the devs continue on their own for a while to get a feel for the game and the community and so on before they actually do anything.

aouROFb.png

I don't think PE will be going anywhere anytime soon. Mobile platforms, as far as I know, are incredibly lucrative, considering everyone and their mother has a smartphone. XB1, on the other hand, is still struggling a little bit (this is all just assumption on my part, I'd love to be correcred) in sales.

Also, I doubt that Microsoft will play much of a hand in development in either the near or distant future. If anything, they'll just start amping up the merchandising.

Edited by Skrade

• 3 months later...

My favorite server just relaunched!!! Aftermath is a zombie apocalypse server; the entire map is a gigantic city in ruins, riddled with zombies. You can build radio beacons, use cell phones to call other players (you can only use the chat if you are near another player), and loot the buildings (if you can survive long enough...). It's extremely well done (here's a bird's eye of the city), you should give it a shot if you like hardcore pvp survival servers.

US: us1.vaast.org

EU: eu1.vaast.org

They haven't started promoting it so activity is pretty low, but that'll change ^_^ 

IetTsFQ.png

• 3 months later...

The minecraft players of the Mindcrack server and HermetCraft server host a fun survival game. They are put in a bordered world and set off to kill each other. In this forum we can make predictions on who will win and follow each video. I do not have enough time to watch everyone's video, so we can follow a specific person and tell people what the have. EXAMPLE: MCgamer has a Notch apple. Us spoiler tags when saying a death. I will announce when a new game accrues.

HermetCraft will release their 7th season on the 25th... That is Saturday... Make sure to tune into one of their perspectives. HermetCraft members include

It's on!

That is Docm77's view. Hope you enjoy and be sure to use spoiler tags!

A death occurs... who was it?... find out!

Spoiler Alert

They Find Diamonds

Edited by GSR

Beginning

I start my minecraft world out a little differently. The first thing I do is collect wood and create a pickaxe. That is normal, but then I go straight to a body of water. I find a good edge and begin digging a 10x8x9 hole. I make this exactly one block from the water. While I did the hole I smelt glass. I place this glass two blocks below the top of the hole. This separates the hole into two parts. Next, I create an entrance to my hole. I either build a stairwell, ladder, or water passage out. Water passage is the safest and is mob proof. This is creates by making a hall towards the water until you reach the water. Then,contain the water. Now, you are able to swim up and down into your hole. By this time it should be night. Before the mobs start spawning remove the top two layers of blocks holding up the water. Now, you have a nice hole. Create a stone slab floor during your long night and use oak wood and logs for your walls. In the morning, you will need food. Collect it and go mining. All you need is enough to make a set of armor. Then, I set off to create a farm.         

Note these double-posts were not made by DarkCloud, but are a result of merging a separate Minecraft-related topic into this one.  Carry on!

• Upvote 3

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I've been getting the itch to build again and have no idea how long it'll last, but single player bores me to tears these days haha 

Ditto. BZPower needs a Vanilla Minecraft server. It Could be named MZPower.

I've achieved everything I need to in my Singleplayer Survival world. Nice looking house, Mines, Wolves...

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to point out that I actually plan to purchase a small 20 player server for BZP, with some basic plugins and a whitelist. Don't hold your breath though it will only be up once I get hired and employers are pretty stingy when it comes to calling back, so take note there isn't any definite time it will be up.

I'm just ToaD

I mean, anyone who was on my old creative server knows there's nothing wrong with huge TARDISes.

I can also say that having fire inside of your house is a bad idea. =P

(I couldn't sleep in a bed there because of it for some reason, didn't try the 2nd floor)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I found a pretty good Server thats worth checking out.

Note, it is not full of Doctor Who, there is just one huge Tardis at Spawn, and the server name. nothing else.

Have they done any server videos etc? I cant get much of an impression of the server from that page, 

I mean, anyone who was on my old creative server knows there's nothing wrong with huge TARDISes.

I can also say that having fire inside of your house is a bad idea. =P

(I couldn't sleep in a bed there because of it for some reason, didn't try the 2nd floor)

Dear lord, there was no possible way for anything to catch fire in there, and yet it did. Twice. Blargh.

banner.jpg

I found a pretty good Server thats worth checking out.

Note, it is not full of Doctor Who, there is just one huge Tardis at Spawn, and the server name. nothing else.

Have they done any server videos etc? I cant get much of an impression of the server from that page, 

No they haven't, but it is a small server, only like 15 people on at a time usually, it is Survival, Economy, Landclaim,  Warps, and the difficulty is on Normal.

There are few ranks you can earn(You don't have to buy, well at least with real money) via going through a Challenge(they are ridiculously easy), and there are a few Enderchurch's my brother made, 

• 2 months later...

Guys, I just had the best idea ever.Crafting potions with arrows. Any potion, so long as it isn't a splash potion. Anyone (or anything) hit with the arrow will then get the full effects of the potion. (This would, of course, require tweaking item IDs a bit to give the options for that many different arrows, and would also require coding to put in some kind of priority system for arrows being fired from stacks in the inventory, but it's still awesome) Now, the first thing most people are going to do is make poisoned arrows and hunt mobs with that, but that's because they have no imagination.Imagine hitting someone with an arrow that gives them night vision, or invisibility, or extra health. Especially that last one. Just *thwip* *thwack* *victim looks at health bar* 'What was even the point of that!?'

Guys.

• Upvote 3

banner.jpg

Guys, I just had the best idea ever.Crafting potions with arrows. Any potion, so long as it isn't a splash potion. Anyone (or anything) hit with the arrow will then get the full effects of the potion. (This would, of course, require tweaking item IDs a bit to give the options for that many different arrows, and would also require coding to put in some kind of priority system for arrows being fired from stacks in the inventory, but it's still awesome) Now, the first thing most people are going to do is make poisoned arrows and hunt mobs with that, but that's because they have no imagination.Imagine hitting someone with an arrow that gives them night vision, or invisibility, or extra health. Especially that last one. Just *thwip* *thwack* *victim looks at health bar* 'What was even the point of that!?'

Guys.

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gifv

I can't wait for the Minecraft equivalent of epic Crusader's Crossbow saves

~Unit#phntk#1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The IP is the fibonacci sequence.

I hope someone remembers that. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

Not sure where you got that idea...

There were dots and I was young and unexperienced, okay? :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

• 7 months later...

THERE IS NOW AN OFFICIAL 24/7 SERVER FOR ALL OF US ON THE SITE

IP IS 198.24.169.74:38545 AND IS VERSION 1.9.4

I've been working a ton of hours and have saved plenty of money to comfortable purchase a reliable server for the folks of BZPower to use once more.

Basic rules include no griefing or stealing, PvP is enabled but don't be a jerk with it.

Please be respectful and do NOT give this IP out to randoms not from the site.

I'm just ToaD

Good to see some activity again. Not too sure if leaving things out in the open like this is the best idea.

PS: so how does everyone feel about the 1.10 update ... like wow was that fast.

Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen or tested 1.10(and only really played 1.9.4 because of the new server ^^'), but... I believe my words were along the lines of "Okay, I've apparently been out of the loop for a while."

I haven't seen or tested 1.10(and only really played 1.9.4 because of the new server ^^'), but... I believe my words were along the lines of "Okay, I've apparently been out of the loop for a while."

What update were you last at?

On another note ender dragons are now farmable.