Settings In The Bionicle Universe

You know, there have been a lot of really cool settings in Bionicle over the years. We've seen a village resting over lava, a chasm above a swamp, a city underwater, vast jungles, barren deserts and even underground civilizations lined with light stones. I didn't see much praise about the locations (aside from a handful of theories and a topic trying to make sense of inconsistencies).So, I've got a few questions;1) What is your favorite location from the Bionicle story?2) If you were able to live in the MU, what area would you choose?3) Is there any location that had a trait that made you really intrigued (such as the mountain that ate Xians, etc). No need to answer them all. Just curious.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

1. That is a hard question to answer. Probably either the Island of Mata Nui, Metru Nui, or Voya Nui.2. Metru Nui. Le-Metru, to be specific.3. I really liked how Destral could move from place to place. That trait always fascinated me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Location? Daaaang, that's hard. Every location had its own aura and charm about it - Mata Nui with its rural paradise, Metru Nui and its urbanity, and so on. Of all those, I think I'll have to go with Metru Nui - all of the detail poured into small little locations that didn't make an iota of difference in the overall story, as well as its innate charm of being the original location of the story, puts it first and foremost in my mind when I think of BIONICLE.I'd probably choose to live on Artakha, Mata Nui, or possibly Karda Nui, though I'm not exactly find of heights.I think all of the locations are intriguing in their owe right. Mata Nui, as I mentioned, had lots of intricate detail in it. Xia, aside from the Mountain, is pretty much a bleak industrial and somewhat post-apocalyptic wasteland of nothingness. For creativity, though, Destral all the way. Its place-hopping ability has to be the most interesting fact about any island in the Matoran Universe.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm going to have to run with the original island here - it's always struck me as having an air of mystery about it (probably due to the very Myst-esque MNOG, but I digress.) And like Sumiki said above, it's got a ton of little details in it that make it extremely interesting. In terms of a place to live, though, I'd probably have to roll with someplace in Metru Nui; I'm a city guy through and through.As for a really intriguing location, I don't think I'm really qualified to answer that, what with my knowledge of a lot of the later years restricted to the occasional BS01 trawl. ;) A place-hopping island does sound interesting, though.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Mata Nui, because it's so well developed, and because it has that whole Polynesian feel. I'm also a big fan of the Skakdi's island, the name of which escapes me at the moment. It seems to have elements of Mata Nui as well as Metru Nui, except that it's all decrepit and war-torn.

I agree the locations are wonderful and cool throughout Bionicle. :) It's so hard to pick favorites.I gotta just go with the classic, Mata Nui. I love telling fanfics on that location. There's so much fan love for it, unparalleled by any other, though sure others are arguably more striking in some ways (Karda Nui comes to mind). But there was a simple elemental wildness to it that felt very mystical and like "home". Other locations tend to feel like someplace to go out to, so there's a difference there. And on Mata Nui the emphasis on the creatures and plants of it grounded it better.I'd pick someplace on Mata Nui, although I'd keep a route open to Metru Nui should Bohrok appear. :PAs for intriguing traits... so many... Probably Destral with its teleporting and floating and the fortress filled with bad guys, and the mystery associated with those things. It's been my favorite location besides Mata Nui to write about, though official story hasn't used much of its potential.Edit: Wrinkled, that's Zakaz. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

O.o Wow, replies already. Mata Nui seems to have a lot of love, though I can't say I don't see why (The settings were very detailed, I agree. Especially with MNOG). I didn't answer right away because I didn't want to sway any opinions, but here's my list:1) Between Ga-Koro and Le-Koro on the island of Mata Nui. Waterfall, jungle, beach, lillipad huts... That place was always my favorite area just because of how pretty it seemed. ^^2) Not easy to say, really, but I'd pick Onu-Koro just because of how cool the concept is. Love the lightstones and tunnels. Plus, I could own an ussel crab and travel around the island if I wanted. ^^3) Something that always fascinated me was Voya Nui. An island with secrets and the mask of Life. There have been theories that the island itself could have been under the influence of the mask, such as when the island went back into place smoothly, and I find that idea really cool! Also the island Tren Krom inhabited. Could you imagine being on an island that was controlled by a single being? Pillars of stone attacking you out of nowhere and all, it just seemed really cool to me. ^^'

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Le-Koro and Ga-Koro I'd agree are brilliant. If I were able to live in the MU, I'd choose Le-Koro, simply cos I'm a guy, and living in Ga-Koro would be odd. The Kini-Nui held mystery for so many years, and to be honest, it still does have a bit of that about it. I'd say it's the most intriguing.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

1) a couple my favorite locations are ko-metru and onu-metru. Ko-metru because I found that they grow their crystal towers to be creative and I imagine the city to be quite pretty, and onu-metru because a humongous subterranean museum (both with living and non living exhibits) is awesomely creepy. 2) Maybe Le-koro. I've always wanted live in a tree!3) I think Zakaz is an extremely interesting and tragic place. I keep wondering what it must have been like before Spiriah went in and messed up everything.

sherlock4.jpeg

1) What is your favorite location from the Bionicle story?Well i like Karzahni, Xia or Ko-Wahi2) If you were able to live in the MU, what area would you choose?I must say if i had to choose any locationi would probaly choose either Karzahni (heck i would want to live somewhere strange as long as i don't become enslaved or anything.) Or Ko-Wahi ( Just because i really like the cold.)3) Is there any location that had a trait that made you really intrigued (such as the mountain that ate Xians, etc).Well like i said earlier i like the weirdness of karzahni. I also like that fact that Tren krom could control the island he was imprisoned on. the only other notable feature is the cliff where mazeka beat Vultraz that had all those Razor Crystals, I mean what better than crystals that could turn us into shreds.

Edited by Voxumo The Frozen One

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

1) What is your favorite location from the Bionicle story?Tough choice, but I would have say Metru Nui. The other locations didn't really excite me quite as much, but I didn't pay as much attention to locales when reading. It was more that the characters were familiar with their section of the city, had been living there for a while, could pick out the details of the area and use them to their advantage. And there were some fascinating details. 2) If you were able to live in the MU, what area would you choose?MU? Probably on Destral. Serving the Makuta would be bleh, but I would at least get a hint of intringue and be able to travel to fascinating new places.(Of course, I would much rather live on Spherus Magna, especially now with developing society of Matoran and Agori and an entire planet to experience. Definitely more fun.)3) Is there any location that had a trait that made you really intrigued (such as the mountain that ate Xians, etc). The Core Processor.

I'd go with Metru Nui to live in, since it's got the most stuff. (Minus the Vahki, of course, but having to deal with them could turn out to be fun occasionally.)As for my favorite...Karda Nui. The core of the universe, with the Codrex and everything. Hard to describe the wonders in it. Oh yeah...It's a big cave. With a swamp in it.Still a cool place, though it could have had more than the Codrex in it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Favorite location has been any of Makuta Teridax's hideouts, like the one Vakama found in Po-Metru in the book Time Trap.I love the city, so I'd live in Metru-Nui. As for which district, probably would just end up like Takua and wander.Favorite place? Still partial to the classic island of mata nui, in particular Kini-nui.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

1. I'd probably say Metru-Nui, but I don't know. Too hard to pick. :/2. Either Ko-Metru, Ga-Metru, or Ta-Metru.3. Not sure.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hoo boy. Here we go.1) Favorite location? Island of Mata Nui, no doubt. Nothing will ever recreate that amazing feel the MNOLG and MNOLG2 had. A huge, mysterious island, yours for the exploring, with everything from jungles to deserts to mountains...easily the most captivating of any location in Bionicle.2) Where I'd like to live? Metru Nui. Probably not in any one district, but just wandering around. Not as great as Mata Nui, but those chutes look like so much fun.3) As for interesting qualities, Karzahni has always been a favorite of mine. The fact that the place is so twisted that nature has reversed itself is neat. But I also like how it's never really been explained what exactly is in the lowest Archives tunnels...

1) Favorite location? Im going to pick Voya-Nui beacause living on a total piece of waste always seemed cool. As well as its as close to the Mata-nui feeling I ever got.2) Where i'd like to live? Some southern Island were I can just relax and be alone.3)Artahka for sure an island with controlable weather and shapeshifting Artahka takes the cake for most interesting.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

1) Probably Mahri Nui and the surrounding ocean.2) Metru Nui. Everywhere else wants to kill you and your family.3) I've gotta go with Karzahni and all that places little quirks and crazy ways. The deafening wind, the sand waterfalls and the ground that's more than happy to make you a part of it if you sit down for too long.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Ooh! ooh! I want to say something too!I personally love Mata Nui, if just for the amount of detail we got about it, but if other islands were fleched out more, like Zakaz or Voya Nui, they'd be up there too. Mata Nui was just so big. Even though it had a minor role in the universe, it seemed like it had a rich culture and a detailed history. I'd live on Mata Nui too, back in the dark times. Having the world so confinded is nice. It would make everythign have a disctinct purpose. And it's described as a paradise.I loved the Skakdi, but Zakaz wasn't remarkably cool. I suppose Artahka interested me when I first read about it.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

1.) Definitely Metru Nui. I love the city and the location had such a sense of wonder to it when it was revealed in 2004. 2.) I would live in Metru Nui.3.) The Pit and Karzahni had a lot of "interesting" going for them. Y'know, with the mutagenic water and stones that could turn you to stone.-Ced

1) What is your favorite location from the Bionicle story?2) If you were able to live in the MU, what area would you choose?3) Is there any location that had a trait that made you really intrigued (such as the mountain that ate Xians, etc).

1. Either Mata Nui or Metru Nui.2. ^^^3. Karzahni's Realm for sure.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

1) My favorite has to be good old Mata Nui. I still miss the '01 to '03 days. 2) In the MU, probably Metru Nui in someplace like Ga-Metru, because of all the canals and nice looking buildings. If the entire universe was included, it would have to be someplace on Spherus Magna, because everyone else is there. Also it seems to be a nice place. 3) I love how Destral can teleport anywhere.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu