• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Disguised Great Being The Yesterday Quest Greg Farshtey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
405 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:56 AM

Updated 9/20 (see below)Hey BIONICLE fans,I know many of you have been asking for some BIONICLE news or story updates for quite a while now (over a year!). Well, today, the wait is finally over... somewhat.I have been communicating with Greg Farshtey outside of BZPower for a few weeks now to try to come up with a way to deliver some news. Still working that out as he's been very busy, but at least I got something for you guys!We finally know who the disguised Great Being is (remember the being Orde was referring to in The Yesterday Quest, Chapter 3?)! If you do not wish to be spoiled and want to wait for Greg Farshtey to write a chapter (lol good luck), then do not click the following spoiler tag:
Spoiler
-------------UPDATE [9/1]: I asked Greg two very important questions people were wondering about concerning the disguised Great Being, and here are the answers in the following spoiler tag:
Spoiler
-------------UPDATE [9/20]: What is the undisguised Great Being's motive? Click the spoiler tag to find out:
Spoiler
[Edit by bones: Spoiler tags no longer needed for any of this (currently :P).]

Edited by bonesiii, Sep 23 2012 - 10:31 PM.

jlovfkk.jpg

#2 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,832 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:59 AM

Sorry nobody could actually reap the benefits of having guessed correctly in the contest, but this is the next best thing, neh?

Posted Image

#3 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:10 AM

really really i mean that person of all choice. i have lost all hope now

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

aQ85UI0.png

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

My new Sprite-shop is open.  Click the image above to head over to the topic.

#4 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:23 AM

Excuse me a moment, I need to pull up my The Legend Reborn clips... Ah, there it is. As Kiina said...YES! I was RIGHT! Whoo-hoo! -boogies- I was right, I was right...Ahem. Yes. Thank you very much for getting us this information, Erebus! I'd already guessed it'd be that being, but it's quite wonderful to know that I was RIGHT! Hmm-hmm-hmm, hm-hmm-hmmmm...
I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#5 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,504 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:35 AM

Spoiler
I too am saddened that (as far as I'm aware) the prize thing can't happen. As much as I'd love for it to happen, I understand that none of us can prove our ages.I'm wondering when BS01 will be updated with the news.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz, Aug 27 2012 - 02:03 AM.

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#6 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,591 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:37 AM

MoZ, spoiler tags.Anyway.
Spoiler
Unrelated to the GB, though, I'm glad to hear that there's at least some hope of the story continuing in the future, even if it won't be any time soon. Thanks a ton, Erebus! ^_^

Edited by X. Luxord, Aug 27 2012 - 01:39 AM.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#7 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:39 AM

MoZ, spoiler tags.Anyway.

Spoiler

yeah i know i always hoped it was my favorite candidate Darkness

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

aQ85UI0.png

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#8 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,832 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'm wondering when BS01 will be updated with the news.

As soon as I can figure out how to structure the page without changing the tone (or changing the style entirely to make it consistent). Metax is a prime example of how weird it can get (and even now, I think the page is so-so).

Posted Image

#9 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:49 AM

-cough- Okay, now that I've finished shrieking in joy...
Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#10 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,100 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:51 AM

Wow. This is shocking, in a way....
Spoiler
Now I want to buy the set :P I hope I can find it somewhere on the internet. Thanks Greg! I hope you are doing well, and I hope you can give us some more updates!

Edited by KlakWest, Aug 27 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#11 Offline Takhamavahu

Takhamavahu
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:52 AM

Aha! I was rooting for him! Thanks, Erebus.If my opinoin means anything, I think this fellow's BS01 page should be left alone untill we have it revealed in a story update.Has Greg said anything on his sitution? I know he's too busy for writing, but you'd think he could at least give us a "Hello! Sit tight!"Hope he's doing well.

Edited by Takhamavahu, Aug 27 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#12 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Members
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:20 AM

That is awesome! Very glad to hear this. I think that the BS01 page should have spoilers, but absolutely have this added.Also, a personal request. Can you tell him thanks from us next time you get in contact with him? I remember last August a lot of people may have sent him PMs thanking him, so please tell him that we miss him and he'll have a very warm welcome when he returns!Thank you!Posted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#13 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:27 AM

That is awesome! Very glad to hear this. I think that the BS01 page should have spoilers, but absolutely have this added.Also, a personal request. Can you tell him thanks from us next time you get in contact with him? I remember last August a lot of people may have sent him PMs thanking him, so please tell him that we miss him and he'll have a very warm welcome when he returns!Thank you!Posted Image

i second that

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

aQ85UI0.png

#14 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 03:18 AM

i second that

Yes, yes, yesss! Thank GregF for being awesome!

#15 Offline Tahu Nuva 3.0

Tahu Nuva 3.0
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,623 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:16 AM

Spinning in my office chair right now. Nice, great to have an update after so long!

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. The one I had since childhood was lost at sea (no joke). Please let me know if you have one. Will purchase/trade.

#16 Offline Toa Makao

Toa Makao
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 319 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:35 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Toa Makao, Aug 27 2012 - 05:35 AM.

Posted Image
Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)

#17 Offline Master of Greyhounds

Master of Greyhounds
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 57 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:36 AM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 08:30 AM.
Adding spoiler tags -bones

Yeah, so I'm back. I'm ACDC997 on Minecraft and Star Wars BF2.

I was Toa of Stupidness, but now that im on here again, I deserved a name change.

#18 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,009 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:47 AM

I knew it! And so did several other people. I mean, that character was the most likely option!

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#19 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 215 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 06:11 AM

Wow... I guess now i know that it seems logical. I had been spending my time flipping through the pages of my bionicle encyclopedias, but i never stopped to consider him, of all things.

Yeah I'm kinda

Not here

At all

http://chauvinistcab...deviantart.com/

I'm there though

Kinda

#20 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,831 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 06:30 AM

Spoiler

#21 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 06:30 AM

Finally it's been revealed! Thanks to both Erebus and Greg. Let's hope to hear more news from him. Now, guess how would story go on?

skyrim_banner.jpg

#22 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 07:49 AM

Wow. Amazing. Heart-lifting.This gave me a happy fluttery feeling in my body.I sorta wish it'd been revealed in a chapter, though.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Aug 27 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#23 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 07:54 AM

Right. So....what is the significance of this? Like, I don't really get all this. A character we knew is a different species to what we thought he was. Great. This did always seem like a twist for the sake of having a twist. And given that the story is probably finished, there's no point in this.I just don't get the excitement at such a pointless and lazy attempt at a twist.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#24 Offline Kon

Kon
  • Members
  • Toa

• 168 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:04 AM

Right. So....what is the significance of this? Like, I don't really get all this. A character we knew is a different species to what we thought he was. Great. This did always seem like a twist for the sake of having a twist. And given that the story is probably finished, there's no point in this.I just don't get the excitement at such a pointless and lazy attempt at a twist.- Tilius

Just be grateful that we've gotten any word, let alone update, from Greg.

wearewaiting.gif

#25 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:17 AM

Spoiler

For spoiler tags, just write the following code:
[spoiler]Text you want to hide in spoiler tags[/spoiler]
Which turns out like this:
Spoiler

I honestly don't see what's the huge issue either. The thing is someone will always complain, whether we get new story content or not. :/
Spoiler
-Gata Posted Image

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#26 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,559 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:35 AM

Awesome! :DThis certainly saves us a lot of work in compiling a proper list for the official topic (which is now unneeded heh). =D And this just goes to show that patience can be rewarded. Thanks for asking him, and Greg, thanks for the reveal!
Spoiler

#27 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,038 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:39 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Sumiki, Aug 27 2012 - 08:39 AM.

hatpile_banner.jpg

#28 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:47 AM

Don't worry Sumiki, from what I know this isn't the last bit of info we're getting from Erebus's communication with Greg.

#29 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,782 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:56 AM

It's good to know that even now we're still getting something from Greg. Anybody know who the first person to suggest that character was, out of interest?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#30 Offline Toa Lhikan Hordika

Toa Lhikan Hordika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 5,080 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:59 AM

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to have gotten a new tidbit of story information. I feel like I've gotten my fix of Bionicle for a while. Thanks for the info!- :t::l::h:

Check out my Trade/Sale Topic

I have 2 WMKK (White-Metal Krana-Kal) for Sale
5 Plain GITD (Glow-in-the-dark) Kanoka disks!
Have any Gray Plastic Krana-Kal to sell or trade?  PM me with a price!

#31 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:59 AM

Spoiler
You said 'lol good luck' about the prospect of Greg writing another chapter, which makes me think it's not likely. But I do hope we can get some more information from him. Like what he intended to happen in the stories, if they're never going to be finished.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#32 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,559 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:08 AM

Anybody know who the first person to suggest that character was, out of interest?

I just checked. It was:
Spoiler
:)

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#33 Offline Starparu

Starparu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,093 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:16 AM

Spoiler
Do we know if there will be any further Information? I may have miss-red Erebus' post, but it seems like it's up in the air.-Star

Edited by Starparu, Aug 27 2012 - 09:25 AM.

The Lazy Life of a comic maker
~V3~

The Awesomepocalypse
One Nation under the Great Spirit
Maphrox Comics

These Comics are really worth reading for anyone who wants to ;)
Posted Image
Remember: "All endings are merely beginnings...." - Mata Nui

#34 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 811 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:21 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Paleo, Aug 27 2012 - 09:23 AM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#35 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:37 AM

i second that

Yes, yes, yesss! Thank GregF for being awesome!

Yes, please tell him we said thank you!Man, I'm SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
Spoiler

Edited by knuckles chaotix, Aug 27 2012 - 04:56 PM.
Putting all the spoilers in the spoiler tags -- please remember saying who it was NOT is spoilers too. -bones

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#36 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,810 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:59 AM

Someone should put this on the front page. That would be awesome. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.png
Spoiler

Edited by The Smoke Monster, Aug 27 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#37 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:30 AM

Oh my freaking gosh! Can't believe!!

-G u u R a h K

#38 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,611 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'll be honest, I did not see that one coming.
Spoiler
Good to hear Bionicle news after so long.

MinewellSig.jpg

#39 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 725 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:44 AM

So. The identity of the Great Being is revealed.... :/On a different note, if Erebus can contact Greg, then we should get the Greg Discussion rolling again.

#40 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 970 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:51 AM

Well, that answers that then, eh?
Spoiler

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users