• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

No More Archive Logouts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,573 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 04:50 PM

Today is a momentous day in BZPower history, for I can now go into the Archive forums, log in and out there, come back here, and will still be logged into these new forums.Yay!

#2 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 05:30 PM

I mentioned it on my blog earlier, and was told it apparently happened a few days ago. Black Six mentioned it on his blog. IMO he should've mentioned it elsewhere too, for those of us who don't visit the blogs often.This should take the stress out of referencing an archived post when the need occurs.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz, Nov 19 2012 - 05:30 PM.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

#3 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yes, this is indeed awesome; now we can browse the archives without any worries, and stay logged into both at the same time. =) I haven't needed to go onto the archives that much recently, but it's always nice to have the option, right? =D

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:26 PM

Awesome! I can finally see what this site was like before without painfully logging back in (I'm usually too lazy to log in and out :P).

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#5 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,672 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yay! Now I'm not afraid to step into the archives! :D

Tywin Lannister

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

Does not approve of your shenanigans

#6 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,532 posts

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well, that's a relief. I've got a couple of dear old epics in the archived forums that I still reference, but doing so always used to log me out. Not anymore! :D~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#7 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is cool. I don't use the archives, but now when I try to tap blogs on my phone, and accidentally hit archives I won't get logged out! :D

#8 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,226 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:56 PM

As usual, the most annoying problems can be solved by the smallest tweaks.Not like I ever turned my cookies on when I went to the old forums, but it's nice not to have to go to that step.

sdadcomedy.png

#9 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,773 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:04 PM

Wow, that happened to me today!

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#10 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,220 posts

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:39 PM

YES! For a being who frequents the archives for various reasons, I am most glad of the change. One less cantankerous obstacle to getting things done. :)Hats off to Black Six.

#11 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,002 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:45 PM

I was wondering when they'd get this done, although honestly I don't use the archives too often, but who knows maybe I will now that I don't have to worry about forced logging off. It's great either way, IMO.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#12 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,285 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 01:43 AM

This is especially useful for me, because I can finally look around the old forums and compare my old posts to my new ones without opening incognito windows.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#13 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 08:06 AM

I was wondering about that right yesterday, now I see why! That's just useful. Even if I do not go very often to the Archives, I'm pretty sure it'll be easier now.

halo4-spartans.jpg

#14 Online Blizzard Hazard: Valendale

Blizzard Hazard: Valendale
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 368 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 08:55 AM

Not only is this great in and of itself, it is also one of the many little things that contribute to the overall greatness of BZPower. I look forward to using it.

Posted Image
"Cast aside your desires...and fight."
3DS FC: 2492-4241-6189

#15 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,020 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 10:18 AM

Kudos to Black Six for finding a fix for this. The new tracker feature is truly a marvel. ^_^-Gata Posted Image
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#16 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,109 posts

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 10:22 AM

Looks like I'll be visiting the Archives more often now. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#17 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,285 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hail B6 and the new Tracker function for our salvation.

#18 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hail B6 and the new Tracker function for our salvation.

Indeed hailNow I can start reading old forum topics yeeeeey :)Archives here I come

I'm back!

#19 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,204 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 06:53 PM

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:Finally! I hated the logout issue. I can't believe something so simple as needing to rename a cookie could get overlooked for so long. The new Tracker is awesome.

eW9kyVR.png

#20 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well, us BZPers have a habit of just eating those delicious delicacies, rather than taking a look at what was going on with them, so that may have been part of the reason it was overlooked for a year. =P

#21 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,204 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well, us BZPers have a habit of just eating those delicious delicacies, rather than taking a look at what was going on with them, so that may have been part of the reason it was overlooked for a year. =P

Actually, I think we actually did figure out that the cookies were replacing each other whenever one logs in, but because the Tracker did not exist, it never caught the Staff's attention, whereas now, we can directly communicate with them to swiftly fix any bugs. Look at this old topic, where B6 even agreed that it was the cookies but never got around to investigating.

eW9kyVR.png

#22 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,382 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 07:53 PM

:o It's a miracle! And just in time (almost) for me to start reading Paracosmos! Great job everyone who worked on this!

#23 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,285 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 08:52 PM

Time to link the newbies of the BZPRPG to my old posts of long ago for nostalgia points.

#24 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,468 posts

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 09:14 PM

It's nice to be be logged into the archives again... it's almost like it was before the downtime. I do not think words can describe just how badly my heart aches to be able to post in the archives again though. Rawr nostalgia.-ibrow

#25 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,573 posts

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 09:26 PM

It's nice to be be logged into the archives again... it's almost like it was before the downtime. I do not think words can describe just how badly my heart aches to be able to post in the archives again though. Rawr nostalgia.

I too feel your great pain.

#26 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,285 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 12:28 AM

It's nice to be be logged into the archives again... it's almost like it was before the downtime. I do not think words can describe just how badly my heart aches to be able to post in the archives again though. Rawr nostalgia.-ibrow

Same here, the Archives were my home on the Internet.

#27 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member

• 6,999 posts

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm very glad that this has been fixed. Thank you, whoever is behind this. I go back to the archive every now and then, and there are also some times I accidentally end up there. So this is neat. :P

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#28 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 10,294 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 09:31 AM

Woohoo! Now everyone can look at each other's embarrassing posts/topics from 9 years ago!
I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

Posted Image

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#29 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,008 posts

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 05:42 PM

I can't say I've ever needed to get into the archives, but it's a nice feature for if ever I accidentally fall down an inconveniently placed link or something. Or if I just want to look at the way things once were, who knows?I went on last week when I first got the news, while listening to Sora from the Escaflowne soundtrack. Gosh darn that somehow made everything way more depressing than it should have been.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#30 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 10:15 PM

Please continue all Tracker discussion in this topic.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users