X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Bah. I guess I like brutal realism in my RPs.

In reality, the Brotherhood would be so much radioactive dust.

Which doesn't take into account precog mutants who might have seen a traumatic event like their own death coming, teleporters who can just whisk the nukes away to a different location, mutants who might actually absorb heat or radioactivity to get stronger, anyone in the Brotherhood who might have magic-related powers who could do any number of things...

I've pointed this out to you before, but tactics you'd use on normal humans aren't nearly as effective on mutants

Also, I'd like to request right off the bat that the 'no NPC bashing' thing works both ways. I seem to recall other times that the very same people getting annoyed that NPCs were being taken down too easily were knocking Brotherhood NPCs about like skittles. Which does make it less seem like "stop god-modding" and more like "stop not letting my guys look awesome enough". So yeah, if Enforcer NPCs are to be treated as genuine threats by Brotherhood characters then Brotherhood NPCs should be treated as genuine threats by Enforcer characters. Fair is fair

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Bah. Just take the mutant gene or whatever it is, have some nice Russian scientists take a look at it and....unleash a special little brew into the wild.

Amazing the things those Russian scientists can do. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Brew? You mean breed?

Sure. I wasn't suggesting biological weapons the likes of which would make Dr. Anthrax tremble. No sir.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Finally got his profile in. I presen to you... Victor Maximoff!

Name: Victor MaximoffCodename: CambionAge: 25Gender: MaleFaction: UnalignedPowers: Victor has been gifted with the mutant abilities of self-molecular manipulation and electromagnetic manipulation. He has a latent ability to use chaos magic.Self-molecular manipulation He is able to use this ability to shape-shift, most often changing details about him in order to better shadow others. He can change his hair colour, eye colour, skin pigmentation, and even subtly alter his facial structure and the shape of his nose. He is limited to humanoid shapes, but may develop more skill in the application of this power.Chaos magic He can activate a field of good luck that effects himself. It has a marginal effect on his odds. If he comes into physical contact with someone, his or her physical functions can be slightly disrupted. Electromagnetic manipulation Victor has yet to really discover this particular ability. However, its latent manifestation allows him to absorb raw electricity through physical contact.Appearance: Victor is a medium-built young man of average height, with dark brown hair that he keeps at a proper length. He finds the costumes worn by most other mutants to be tacky, and instead wears customized clothes that generally range from formalwear to business casual. His eyes are a warm brown, and he is moderately handsome, albeit in a nondescript way.Victor always wears a plain silver ring set with a sun-coloured gemstone, and a black pair of glasses with metal strips down their temple arms. Weapons: Victor abhors firearms and leaving a mess behind, although he does have some equipment which he uses for his jobs. These generally amount to cameras for surveillance, bugs, and some disguises. He keeps a needle made of anti-metal and a small saw-toothed adamantium knife well hidden on his person. The soles of his shoes are also lined with Vibranium.Skills: Thanks to his mutant powers, Victor is decent at shadowing people, and infiltrating. He is also an adept hacker, and can usually get past password protection once he is within a facility. Getting past firewalls and doing off-site hacking is way beyond his skill level. To better facilitate the use of his shapeshifting, Victor has learned to pose as others, and is able to smoothly pick up on changes in behavioural cues and body language. This is assisted by his eidetic memory. Victor has trained in one or two martial arts, in order to maintain his physical fitness. While he is well-trained in Muay Thai and Krav Maga, he is a poor grappler and ground fighter. He is also an avid swimmer. He hates the use of firearms, as his near-sightedness leaves him a woefully poor marksman. Personality: Victor is damaged individual, due to the trauma he suffered at an early age. He suffers from attachment disorder and is driven primarily by self-interest. On a positive note, his attachment disorder allows him to get along with new acquaintances and strangers with ease. He feels a sense of sympathy with the Brotherhood, but believes in taking an easy road in mutant/human relations. The most important thing in his life is the security of his position, and he does not believe in sacrificing assets without making some form of significant gain in return. As such, he is usually quite cautious, and is not prone to taking risks or pushing his luck. While he is an unambitious fellow, Victor is obsessive about the jobs he takes, and has an almost inhuman dedication to the details of his missions. Lately, he has been plagued with flashes of uncharacteristic selflessness.Weakness:Underdeveloped mutant powers He has stuck to the human world, and is most used to dealing with humans. He has not explored the potential of his powers, which would put him at a severe disadvantage against other mutants.Pride Cambion is obsessive about his work and success. He rationalizes defeats, failures or mistakes away. It takes a lot for him to concede that he has to learn, and even more for him to admit he was wrong.Addiction Victor was aware of the descent of his mother into madness and has a fear of delving too deeply into his chthonic powers. This fear is well founded. If he uses these abilities too frequently or descends too deeply into them without training, their use may cause severe spells (or even permanent) mental instability. It is important to note that insanity and the loss of control does not result in greater strength or effectiveness when using Chaos Magic. To top it all off, chaos magic is a force that demands addiction. If Victor does not use this power frequently enough, his hexes may backfire.Personality Despite his heritage, Victor lacks vision. He has found success playing in the smaller pond that is the homo sapien world, and if he had his way, would stay in his comfortable life. He is not a risk-taker by nature. This is further complicated by the subconscious desire he has to achieve success. Pyrophobia Thanks to memories of his childhood, Victor has a severe form of pyrophobia.Ornithophobia Victor suffers from a fear of birds, and really, anything with birdlike wings. Suffice it to say, he does not feed pigeons in the park. This is primarily directed towards raptors.Near-sightedness Victor is nearsighted, and needs his glasses or contact lenses. Even with his glasses, he is a terrible shot. Due to his obsession with not failing, he refuses to use a weapon which he knows probably miss a target with. Biography: Victor was born to Wanda Maximoff on Wundagore Mountain. Due to unknown complications surrounding his birth, he was not in the care of his parents for the first five years of his life. Instead, during these childhood years, he was raised by his grandfather. Eventually, he was returned to his mother and father. When the Phoenix attacked, the boy was abducted in the midst of the confusion, disappearing for another ten years. Victor emerged a number of years ago, and has gained notoriety and anonymity as Cambion, a faceless expert in corporate espionage. He avoids mutants like the plague, and has grown accustomed to living in the human world, and has an apartment in Noho.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

And we have entered "grimdark" territory folks.

Mind the blood. It's quite slippery. And those pits go a long way down.

People don't normally come back from their neck being snapped.

I'm pretty sure it's an insta-kill. Or close to it.

Naw, he's not dead. He's wearing his resurrection ring.

But that wasn't the point of the post: a father just snapped his own son's neck because of one possible instance of the Phoenix losing control. Even if it's not permanent, would you be kosher with that?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Considering what happened last time the Phoenix got out of control, I'd say just about anything is justified if one were trying to contain it.

If it's power was turned against humanity proper.....

Edited by Basilisk

Simple solution to this problem.Get Ares to summon the Vishanti. Surely they will answer to the son of the Sorcerer Supreme.EDIT: Speaking of which, can we get our SHIELD agents active again? Surely they would have noticed that somebody decided to trash Las Vegsas while they were hacked. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Edited by Constructman

Would they have noticed?Yeah. Do they have any way of doing anything about it while their systems are down? Not in the slightest. Feel free to do whatever you want to have your agents do, but bear in mind that SHIELD's capabilities are zilch right now. Even if Error managed to get control back of the carrier, and I can't remember if he did, their systems are still screwed up as it gets.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Would they have noticed?Yeah. Do they have any way of doing anything about it while their systems are down? Not in the slightest. Feel free to do whatever you want to have your agents do, but bear in mind that SHIELD's capabilities are zilch right now. Even if Error managed to get control back of the carrier, and I can't remember if he did, their systems are still screwed up as it gets.

...I don't know if I told you about this, but Tyler and I had a discussion a long time ago about "what would happen if Error had downloaded the virus into himself?"As far as I know, he's still cool with the idea.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

So I was doing some research on the Marvel Wiki and this question popped up.When I was reading on the Phoenix Force, it didn't quite strike me as malevolent. It only seemed to be concerned with the progress of life. The "Judgement of the Phoenix" wasn't evil in nature; it was simply concerned with "setting in flow what had become stagnant"-in other words, helping evolution along. So why did it kill all of the major Marvel characters? Was it that it was in its Dark Phoenix persona at the time? What is its motive now? And when will it return to full power?

The only answer:

Nuke it. Wipe it out. Nothing must interfere in the march of humanity!

Hail humanity!

:P

Humanity is working just fine. The universe is in error.

We will correct that error. With the glorious light of Oppenheimer.

Is he loyal to humanity?

If Y: Clearly he is incorrect. Mental treatment needed.

If N: He is an agent of the Xeno and the Mutant. Execute him.

Humanity invictus!

:P