How Would You Have Ended The Story?

I see a lot of people on here complain about the ending of the BIONICLE storyline, and how some parts of it (admittedly) did not make much sense or just felt rushed. Things such as the way Teridax was defeated, the futile Gresh plan, and so on. So my question is, how would you have done it differently?I would have put a LOT more emphasis to the sheer size of the 40 million foot tall Makuta robot. The comics did a rather poor job of showing the right scale of the robot compared to the inhabitants when it showed Teridax blasting the ground below with the palm of his hand. Also, I would have probably put something in there about Mata Nui using his Gravity powers to dampen the effects of a universe-sized robot landing on the planet.As for Gresh's plan, I would have had him acknowledge how little of a threat they really posed to Makuta. I would've had him say something like "The plan is as simple as it is suicidal. None of us will probably survive, but any time we can buy for Mata Nui, if only a few seconds, may mean all the difference in the world" or something along those lines.I also would have had the Prototype robot more around the sizes suggested in this image, because it would be a little more realistic, considering the Agori were literally dragging the pieces of the robot around with their bare hands. I also think it would have made the fight with Teridax more interesting. And for the reconstruction of the robot, I would have had Mata Nui direct the Agori and Glatorian into actually repairing the robot themselves, instead of it "magically" being fixed by the Ignika.There are a few other things, but those are the main ones that I can think of at the moment.

I would have had it the same up to the point where Tahu disabled the Rahkshi with the Golden Armor. At that point, in Makuta's weakness, Mata Nui tears open his chest (like what Greg planned on doing), and all the Matoran escape in airships. Makuta dies, but Spherus Magna cannot be reformed. They all set about creating a new life in Bara Magna.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I would have put a LOT more emphasis to the sheer size of the 40 million foot tall Makuta robot. The comics did a rather poor job of showing the right scale of the robot compared to the inhabitants when it showed Teridax blasting the ground below with the palm of his hand. Also, I would have probably put something in there about Mata Nui using his Gravity powers to dampen the effects of a universe-sized robot landing on the planet.As for Gresh's plan, I would have had him acknowledge how little of a threat they really posed to Makuta. I would've had him say something like "The plan is as simple as it is suicidal. None of us will probably survive, but any time we can buy for Mata Nui, if only a few seconds, may mean all the difference in the world" or something along those lines.
I pretty much agree with these. There's another major two things I would love to have been done, but I'm saving them for my Paracosmos finale fanfics. :P
I also would have had the Prototype robot more around the sizes suggested in this image, because it would be a little more realistic, considering the Agori were literally dragging the pieces of the robot around with their bare hands. I also think it would have made the fight with Teridax more interesting.
I suppose, if they played from the classic axiom that smaller people can move faster. But I think it would have overly confused people. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well I would have made it so The six stars would have been the Toa mata. All six of them would have been reverted to there mata form and the golden armor was needed for them to form a toa nui succesfully. Then as the toa nui they Help mata nui by smashing Teridax's head thus killing him. Now with spherus magna reformed. The toa nui dissasembles back into the six toa mata. The ignika takes back the golden armor just before mata nui's spirit returns to the ignika. Then the story ends there with Tahu holding up the ignika along side his fellow toa mata.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Terry, in control of the MU, takes off from AM to BM. Mata Nui, seeing that if the MU lands on BM, will most likely kill his new friends, uses the Mask of Life's power to bring "life" to the Prototype Robot. He then controls it via the mask to fight Makuta in the MU in the space to keep him busy, while Mata Nui uses his life to repair the planet, killing Makuta in process with, bingo, a rock to the head. The MU spirals down to the planet, and crashes into the desert. Mata Nui dies, just before using the Mask of Life one more time to bring life to the desert. The MU residents leave the MU and meet up with the Agori and they live happily ever after or something like that. Oh, and the Prototype Robot, know that it has life, becomes a guardian of the Matoran and Agori, to repay Mata Nui for bringing it to life.

WIP

If we're talking how would we edit the actual story while keeping the story beats the same...I wouldn't. I stay far away from the canon.If we're talking about our own personal canon, suffice to say it would have ended incredibly differently.-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

Cinnamon Grochi... Dude, that would be awesome. :D

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I would have had a more clearly thought out (and not rushed) final battle, with an ending thats almost the same, except with the teri's spirit ejecting at the last minute, perhaps in a reformed mask of shadows. Read my sig for a possible section of fanfic about this ending. Teridax could also escape by teleporting. :whatsthat:

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Well, I always do long for Metru Nui and Mata Nui, though they are long gone. The destruction of the Matoran Universe and the coexistence of the Matoran and Agori also wouldn't have been my first choice. Other than that, though, the end of Bionicle is one of those things I probably just wouldn't have messed with. I wouldn't really not how to end it best, and I'd leave it to the pros. :) Anyone agree?

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Cinnamon Grochi... Dude, that would be awesome. :biggrin:
The funny thing is I wrote that up on the fly. :P
I would have had a more clearly thought out (and not rushed) final battle, with an ending thats almost the same, except with the teri's spirit ejecting at the last minute, perhaps in a reformed mask of shadows. Read my sig for a possible section of fanfic about this ending. Teridax could also escape by teleporting. :whatsthat:
But wasn't Terry "locked" into the MU? That's how he controlled the entire universe. When the controls, that he was "locked into" were destroyed by the rock/moon/Ewok/whatever, he died as well. And besides, he was overly confident to ditch the MU. He finally got what he wanted, and nothing was gonna stop him.

WIP

I think it would be cool if we got to see Bota Magna and have some dinosaur rider sets, like maybe Mata Nui had to set up some kind of device on each planet to get it in correctly, and so with the newly rebuilt robot, he takes off to Bota Magna, where maybe he crash lands (again), and is forced to either go back into the Ignika body, or wait until he is repaired by curious dinosaur riders. I guess that would add a whole new element of confusion though, because I don't know about the rest of Bionicle fans, but Bara Magna really confused me for a while there.Anyways, once he's repaired, he flies back to Bara Magna after planting the device, and finds that most of the Bara Magna villages have been destroyed by a seeking Terry, who has come to challenge Mata Nui. They fight in a Glatorian-esque battle (because that would be cool), but Mata Nui's bot is struck down by a cheap shot by Terry, who now begins to gloat. While he's busy, inhabitants of the Great Spirit Robot start escaping, and after a fierce confrontation with the Agori and Glatorian, agree to somehow stall Terry while Mata Nui regains strength. The Toa combine powers to start destroying the Terrybot (maybe from the inside?), who also starts running out of strength because all the Matoran are leaving. Mata Nui's bot suddenly gets up and tackles him, rocking the universe inside Terry, maybe killing a few characters who have tragic funerals, as well as taking down Teridax, who destroys much of Bara Magna. The Toa raid his head while he is down, and some Io-Toa incinerate the mechanics within, killing the MU. Teridax escapes, but not for long, because that's when Bota Magna smashes his head into the core, trapping him in extreme heat, supposedly killing him.From there, Mata Nui gives up his body, and so on, and I've always wanted a nostalgic ending like the last sentence was "for that is the way of the Bionicle," because that would be cool, and then the last comic panel or something shows a small bit of Antidermis that escaped posessing some Makuta servant, like Ahkmou, who waits in the darkness to strike. (and cue Bionicle 2.0!).Kinda long, but I also would like the Toa to help more and finally defeat Terry, like they were supposed to. I also think it would be nice to see Terry survive (since he could have possibly survive the planetoid hitting him), and another set of Ahkmou like was planned.

I know it sound really corny but I wouldnt have killed any one. Every one settles there differences and stuff. As a count down towards the entire Bionicle universe comes to an end and everything blows up, yet every one dies happy. That would have made me cry.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

My idea is that instead of eternal rest, Mata Nui wants use the opportunity to help and meet the thousands of people that fought to keep him alive and he wishes to explore the future of the new world he once neglected.But he's done fighting, so he settles down as a noble golden turaga and Click is still mata nui's companion and advisor.

Edited by .-:Kopaka Nuva:-.

qs3135.jpg

My idea is that instead of eternal rest, Mata Nui wants use the opportunity to help and meet the thousands of people that fought to keep himm alive and he wishes to explore the future of the new world he once neglected.But he's done fighting, so he settles down as a noble golden turaga and Click is still mata nui's companion and advisor.
I think I would like that. :PIt does sound like a good idea, it's very annoying that Mata Nui just goes into the mask after saying "here's your new planet, that's my thanks to you, have fun getting along." It just doesn't really seem to be in Mata Nui's new character (post-Bara Magna) to just leave everyone alone again!

My idea is that instead of eternal rest, Mata Nui wants use the opportunity to help and meet the thousands of people that fought to keep himm alive and he wishes to explore the future of the new world he once neglected.But he's done fighting, so he settles down as a noble golden turaga and Click is still mata nui's companion and advisor.
I think I would like that. :PIt does sound like a good idea, it's very annoying that Mata Nui just goes into the mask after saying "here's your new planet, that's my thanks to you, have fun getting along." It just doesn't really seem to be in Mata Nui's new character (post-Bara Magna) to just leave everyone alone again!
Well, I was under the impression he had left with the mask, and it might be implied he still has something important to do, perhaps finding the Great Beings. Perhaps he knows of trouble on one of those other worlds he explored that he could help with... who knows?Still, that alternative would have been better for us as fans, yeah.

Well basically, Gresh and Kiina and that grumpy fire guy would have gone to that big volcano and would have been like 'Oh cool the volcano is one big thornax launcher or something' and then they would have got like ALL the thornax fruit and loaded it up and shot it at makuta and then it would turn out that thornax have shrinking effects on giant robots and makuta would shrink till he was the size of an agori and then mata-nui would have given him the old one-two, you know, socked him in the jaw and then the glatorian police would have been like 'you're under arrest, formerly large space robot! Also where are the guys inside you?' And then mata-nui would have been like 'Handwaved!' and bought them out of makuta and made them big because he's a great spirit. Also tahu would then turn up with the golden armor and said 'I'm ready to defeat the rahkshi!' and then everyone would laugh and simultaneously say 'that's our tahu!', even makuta, who had learned how to truely love, even though he was a robot. Cue the canned laughter, have a montage of all the characters and how they were doing in 20 years, play the credits over some mediocre guitar, that's a wrap.What, that's not good?Fine. If I had my way, Mata-nui would have battled makuta in space so that the robot fight was realistic in regards to size, the plothole-icious ground battles wouldn't have happened, though the rest of the events would have happened the same way. The MU would have crashed into the planet, Teridax was still killed by Aqua Magna, etcetera, etcetera. There isn't much reason to change those details as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by High Voltage

I would've kept the ending pretty much the same way as it went down, but I've changed a couple things. One, Mata Nui would've died after he used the Ignika to restore Spherus Magna to its former glory. Two, there wouldn't have been a door in the MU's foot for someone to breakdown. And finally, some of the characters we've met in the story would've died when Makuta's MU body crashed into the ground. It's kind of unrealistic that everyone that had a role in the story survived the MU slamming into the ground, IMO. Some of dying would've made the ending more bittersweet.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I would've kept the ending pretty much the same way as it went down, but I've changed a couple things. One, Mata Nui would've died after he used the Ignika to restore Spherus Magna to its former glory. Two, there wouldn't have been a door in the MU's foot for someone to breakdown. And finally, some of the characters we've met in the story would've died when Makuta's MU body crashed into the ground. It's kind of unrealistic that everyone that had a role in the story survived the MU slamming into the ground, IMO. Some of dying would've made the ending more bittersweet.
I disagree, I think mata nui should rescue the toa, matoran, turuga and all the others and tell them to evacuate their universe (their home world) and they would find an escape door from their world within, they left their robot and fled to bara magna, meanwhile the evil makuta didn't notice they escaped because he was busy releasing the new rahkshi and the skakdi army. when mata nui attacks makuta, the world in his robot body would have effect earthquakes, tidal waves and flooding all the islands including metru nui. I think mata nui should have changed or transformed into a tall toa from the set, like the mistika takanuva, instead of using a prototype robot.toa_mata_nui_001.jpgHe would also use the mask of life to change his size and height into a giant toa. :happydance: Edited by bohrokmaster

I would have done this:2007: The toa marhi finaly burst the magma stem, causing so much suction that the mask is sucked in, and so are the toa. but the mask teleports them to metru nui, no dead matoro. the toa turn into toa inka again. mata nui is not yet unlocked.2008:(new movie) The toa nuva become turaga nuva. And the toa inka turn into toa mistica. and the giant stalagtite falls causing an earthquake all across aqua magana causing the planet to crumble. the matoran are safe inside a space cave.(made by the breaking of the planet) the toa mistica have a new hideout. the eye of mata nui. the old toa stones are scattered across space. the toa must find them. they fight aliens that harness the stones power. the toa collect 3.2009:(2nd movie part) the toa adapt to space. the find a new world.(guess) Bara magana. They search the entire planet and help. kongu dies from a monster attack. they find the last three. makuta had collected them. the toa are frozen in time.... makuta had won......2010:bionicle is canciled for effect2011:the toa unfrosen. they search for there memories. they get them from a spirit they are unfamilliar with. mata nui. the toa find makuta. kill him. get the last three toa stones. free mata nui. the end. :none:

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I would have done this:2007: The toa marhi finaly burst the magma stem, causing so much suction that the mask is sucked in, and so are the toa. but the mask teleports them to metru nui, no dead matoro. the toa turn into toa inka again. mata nui is not yet unlocked.2008:(new movie) The toa nuva become turaga nuva. And the toa inka turn into toa mistica. and the giant stalagtite falls causing an earthquake all across aqua magana causing the planet to crumble. the matoran are safe inside a space cave.(made by the breaking of the planet) the toa mistica have a new hideout. the eye of mata nui. the old toa stones are scattered across space. the toa must find them. they fight aliens that harness the stones power. the toa collect 3.2009:(2nd movie part) the toa adapt to space. the find a new world.(guess) Bara magana. They search the entire planet and help. kongu dies from a monster attack. they find the last three. makuta had collected them. the toa are frozen in time.... makuta had won......2010:bionicle is canciled for effect2011:the toa unfrosen. they search for there memories. they get them from a spirit they are unfamilliar with. mata nui. the toa find makuta. kill him. get the last three toa stones. free mata nui. the end. :none:
Oooh. I like that a lot. Especially the "cancelled for effect.". Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

:???:Er...Mata Nui's life would have had to have been saved at the end of 2007, otherwise the robot would flood. To save his life, you have to go to Karda Nui.

It wouldn't be feasible to 'cancel it for effect'. For one thing, lots of parents would be upset that the bad guys win. For another thing, it would lose LEGO a lot of money to just not make sets for an entire year. Thirdly, a lot of fans would dislike the fact that BIONICLE ended, and would resent LEGO and might not buy the sets even if it did come back. Also, coming back for only one year might make people think that it was a cheesy gimmick to change the ending and make more money, and they might not like that LEGO restarted it only to end it that same year. As a 'personal canon', it's fine; I'm just saying it wouldn't be feasible in real life.Personally, I would have extended it through the end of 2011 at least. Stick with the original plan to go to Bota Magna and return, have stuff happen with the Element Lords, and have a year-long, well-planned confrontation with Teridax. Have a movie in both 2010 and 2011. Any ending battle between Mata Nui's forces and Teridax's forces would be more drawn out than one giant melee, and would be fought over something that would actually be meaningful, perhaps a way to disrupt a giant robot's power system (another failsafe, or possibly a shutoff device, left by the Great Beings). The Golden Armor would not exist in any form. Most or all of the major storyline characters would get brought back for this final battle; many would play important roles in the conflict, and many would die (hey, it needs to be at least a little bit bittersweet). There would be no 'escape hatch' or whatever to leave the MU; instead, Destral's teleportation system would be hijacked by the Toa Nuva and would be used to teleport MU people in large groups to Bara Magna (of course, many villains would find a way to sneak onto Destral and be teleported off as well, so they could fight in the final battle). In a final, climactic melee, the forces of good would just barely manage to capture the giant-robot-power-disruptor. Teridax sees this and makes a last, desperate attempt to crush (literally) the forces of good. Tahu (it has to be Tahu, he's as close to a main character as BIONICLE has) only has a few seconds to use it before Teridax destroys them. Because of this, he does not have time to figure out how to aim it; instead, he releases its power outward, and both Mata Nui's and Teridax's robots are shut down and collapse. The forces of good rally, and the forces of evil, seeing the death of their leader, soon surrender or flee. Spherus Magna is not reformed; they must figure out how to survive on Bara Magna. Most of the story is wrapped up, and most of the main villains were killed in the final battle. After this, during the epilogue of the last book/in the last few minutes of the movie/on the last page of the last comic, a mysterious craft lands on Bara Magna: the Great Beings have returned. The End.

[No signature until I think of something witty]

In the meantime, why not visit my blog?

Mine isn't all that different in the Matoran Universe. But I would have never included Bara Magna in the story at all, except that the Toa discovered it through a telescope or something. So, everything would happen up until the Reign of Shadows began, then Lego would start making official sets for the Dark Hunters and beings that banded with the Toa in the sorta "Surviver" part of the story. Then the Mask of Life landed on a meteorite or something and it's power over life would turn it into Bara Magna. Then the Toa would discover it through their telescope, where they would find the Mask there. Then Makuta would begin to travel there, but not in a robot, but a shadowy cloud or something like that, there he would release his Rahkshi armies unto Bara Magna, where there would be no stupid Agori, Glatorians, or Skrall, just some minor Rahi. The MU would be a universe, not just a giant robot, and the Toa would teleport to Bara Magna, probably through Destral. Then they would have a big fight, put the new Bara Magna in tatters, Takanuva destroys a ton of Rahkshi, The Toa Nuva, except for Tahu, who would sacrifice himself to destroy Makuta, would be fighting with Lewa, Pohatu, and Kopaka in the Codrex vehicles. So, anyway, Tahu sacrifices himself (because he is the closest thing to a main character) to save the Universe. Bara Magna is destroyed in the battle, the survivors return to the MU, and everything is happy again, except for the few villains that survive to cause trouble, like some of the Dark Hunters and Karzahni. It would turn out that Krika survived and went away to rule some sort of Ghost Universe when Gorast "killed" him. He invades, and the Toa defend, they manage to banish him. The End.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Yeah, I definitely can agree with the omission of the Bara Magna storyline, given the eventual return of the Ignika for a final triumph. Stayed to far away from the root of the story at some points for me.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

My ending of the story would be the same until the part when Teridax gets killed. All of the people in the Matoran Universe are scrambling to leave it, and this huge internal battle occurs within it. Several of the characters are killed. In the end, the villans than decide to help the heroes carry the dead and tend for the wounded, where they then leave. However, as a result of this battle, Teridax is greatly wounded. And, Teridax is killed the same way that he is in the story.

aww you guys are no fun.
Can I just say I loved your alternative. :) I just didn't really have anything to add. What they're saying about plausibility, especially cancelling for effect in terms of how most fans would react badly is probably true, but I would love that sort of thing myself, and the topic isn't necessarily asking for successful business models but just what we would personally prefer. :)

There would be no 'escape hatch' or whatever to leave the MU; instead, Destral's teleportation system would be hijacked by the Toa Nuva and would be used to teleport MU people in large groups to Bara Magna (of course, many villains would find a way to sneak onto Destral and be teleported off as well, so they could fight in the final battle).
The MU would be a universe, not just a giant robot, and the Toa would teleport to Bara Magna, probably through Destral.
I really like these two theories, especially the "Power Disruptor" and the Surviving year. Lego didn't expand much on that year of Teridax's reign, and it would be nice to see it. The Power Disrupter was also very clever, and would have been better than Golden Armor, and would make sense that Mata Nui's robot was way smaller than Makuta's. I just want to point out a tiny flaw in the plan. The Destral teleportation device was a Kanohi Olmak (see Destiny War, Chapter 6), which was stolen by Vezon, and then it was destroyed when it fused to his face in the Energized Protodermis later in that serial. They couldn't use the Destral Teleportation device, because it didn't exist, and by the time that would have happened, both Olmaks would be destoryed.Oh, and Logantho, brilliant theory. A space year would be really cool to see, as well as Turaga Nuva. I'm still not sure about the "pause for effect," at least for that long. Maybe skip a Bionicle comic for one Lego Magazine issue or something.

The Destral teleportation device was a Kanohi Olmak (see Destiny War, Chapter 6), which was stolen by Vezon, and then it was destroyed when it fused to his face in the Energized Protodermis later in that serial.
Actually, that Olmak was used by Tridax in his attempt to create an army of Shadow Takanuva, unrelated to Destral's transportation.Oh, I also dislike the aspect of there being a door on the Mata Nui Robot's foot. A teleportation device in Mata Nui's chest would have been what I would have made. And also, more people dying.Also, when Makuta is defeated however he is, the Mata Nui Robot is laid down on the sand and its frontal coverings are removed, allowing the Matoran Universe to live on with sunlight and rain. Mostly since I absolutely hate that the locations like Metru Nui and Voya Nui have now been destroyed.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Also, when Makuta is defeated however he is, the Mata Nui Robot is laid down on the sand and its frontal coverings are removed, allowing the Matoran Universe to live on with sunlight and rain. Mostly since I absolutely hate that the locations like Metru Nui and Voya Nui have now been destroyed.
Interestingly enough, I do remember Greg liking the idea of the Island of Mata Nui reforming over the fallen robot's face, and some of the Metru Nui Matoran going back to live there. Of course, the only problem with that is the comics depicted Teridax falling on his face, rather than on his back.

Also, when Makuta is defeated however he is, the Mata Nui Robot is laid down on the sand and its frontal coverings are removed, allowing the Matoran Universe to live on with sunlight and rain. Mostly since I absolutely hate that the locations like Metru Nui and Voya Nui have now been destroyed.
Interestingly enough, I do remember Greg liking the idea of the Island of Mata Nui reforming over the fallen robot's face, and some of the Metru Nui Matoran going back to live there. Of course, the only problem with that is the comics depicted Teridax falling on his face, rather than on his back.
But he would have had to have fallen on his back...otherwise the beings inside it wouldn't have been able to escape. Whatever comic showed him falling on his face is just creative license. The bigger problem would be the lack of power in the robot to build the camoflage island.

But he would have had to have fallen on his back...otherwise the beings inside it wouldn't have been able to escape. Whatever comic showed him falling on his face is just creative license. The bigger problem would be the lack of power in the robot to build the camoflage island.
Why would it matter which side the robot fell down on? I'm pretty sure it was established that the gravity sources in the islands wouldn't immediately fail, so the inhabitants could escape even if they were upside-down. I could be wrong, though. And the main reason that Greg gave (as far as I can remember) for not using that idea was because of the way the comic depicted Teridax falling on his face. So, if it was just artistic license, I would think that Greg would take advantage of that.

I think it would have been cool if they simply ended the series on the cliffhanger of 2008, waited a year or two for dramatic effect (and so that they could come up with some original sets and plot twists), and then came back with something similar to the Bara Magna story line. As for the actual ending, I would have liked to see Mata Nui lose to Makuta, then right before Makuta delivers the final blow, the MU inhabitants come up with some plan to destroy Makuta. Mata Nui dies nobly, everyone else lives happily ever after. :)

Why would it matter which side the robot fell down on? I'm pretty sure it was established that the gravity sources in the islands wouldn't immediately fail, so the inhabitants could escape even if they were upside-down. I could be wrong, though.
Since the robot would have been dead/deactivated, the internal gravity would turn off.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg