BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Nice posts, Hero2065. I'm excited for future interaction :)

IC:

Zeth, now over his immediate awe, regarded both Matoran and creature cooly. Varan's laughter still rang in his mind like needles against exposed flesh.

"He made his escape on a Gukko bird, so tracking him would be next to impossible. Pursuing him would be a waste of time at this point."

The Ba-Toa's shoulders slumped. His body trembled. Those red eyes were engraved into his soul, and scraped away profusely at the shunned memories that lay buried within its icy depths.

He'll show his face again before long.

Zeth was afraid. Afraid of the darkness, the pain, the memories. He wanted to forget them all, drown them until only guilt remained. But how? In less than an hour he had been attacked with his own powers, saved a Matoran's life, made a new enemy, and introduced himself to a creature he'd never seen before. All he'd ever tried to do was blend in. One simple act of kindness and his world was thrown into chaos.

He sighed audibly. Serenity seemed far away already. What had he gotten himself into?

OOC: Thank you :)

When Varan sat up from the ground, he felt new energy seep from his limbs. His body was now just a tad larger but twice as much power flowed through it. He uttered a quick prayer in thanks to the Master, then, determined to finish his final quest and join the Master, Varan picked his spear from the ground and headed for Le-Koro once again.

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

Viima looked at Zeth who seemed distressed by something, then at Chivinix who was just his usual peculiar self. There was some level of tension in the air. Zeth was undoubtedly a hero looking for... some kind of redemption or fulfillment, perhaps? Chivinix, on the other hand, was a being of darkness, even if he was now walking in the light and not doing any immediate damage.

Now what does this remind me of... Viima thought with a funny sense of deja vu.

"Gukko birds are not a problem for me", Viima said. "We could rent one ourselves and fly after him. We could also just tell Akiri Kongu so we can get an island-wide warning off before the Toa gets a chance to do anything... bad."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Varan tromped through the jungle, his cloak swaying around him as the humid breeze ruffled his hood. his enormous feet trampled any thing underneath, and his arms cleared brush like swatting flies. His thin frame would seem to suggest less strength, but nothing was further from the truth. He stopped in front of a large tree, it's roots crawling across the ground for many yards. With his sharp claws, he began to climb like an animal, his chicken-styled legs moving fast with his arms. To see a being so tall do this was... amusing, at most. But not with Varan. With him, it was horrific. As he reached the top, he scanned the skies for Le-Koro.

IC: Ra’lhen & Wokapu – Fau Swamp

Keep your cool, man, Ra’lhen thought, attempting to calm his own anxious mind, Keep your cool.

On the surface, all three Toa only saw was a serious, yet hopeful visage acknowledging the weight and truth of Stannis’s words. Behind that curtain however, Ra’lhen was still taking how the now-Toa of Stone’s appearance. Deep down, even under Makuta’s bondage, the little mental power that Ra’lhen’s persona possessed did actually believe in the prophesy. Now, here in Le-Wahi, Ra’lhen faith was being rewarded.

“Before the Dark One’s defeat, times on Mata Nui were the worst they have ever been,” Ra’lhen finally responded, “I hold nothing but deep sorrow and the actions of the other guy, and also sincere gratitude for your courage to overcome what had possessed me, and save thousands of innocent people from oppression. Thank you”

Ra’lhen then saw the Ga-Toa wave shyly at him.

“I’m Seria,” she said.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Seria. I hope this talk of the dark times past aren’t discouraging you,” Ra’lhen, “These are the most peaceful days that the island of Mata Nui has seen, and from what I see and read, we are only continuing on the path towards… normalcy”

“Normalcy? That’s the worst!” Wokapu half-jokingly protested.

“I little normalcy isn’t so bad, in my opinion,” Ra’lhen said, keep his gaze on Seria, “Not if it means good people on this island get to live just one more day”

“Well at any rate, there’s no point in just standing here while those guards continue to glare at us,” Wokapu said, briefly returning a glare back to them. He then turned to Ra’lhen and Stannis, “Seria suggested we go through the Onu-Koro highway. I think that’s a pretty solid route if you ask me. Plus we’ll be able to pick up some cool tools. Unless someone knows a better route…”

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

The Toa of Gravity nodded slowly, though he wasn't sure he agreed. Was it a good idea to involve officials and make an island-wide manhunt out of the situation? He wasn't so sure.

"Perhaps... But we're only going off of a small fight. We don't even have evidence that he's planning anything else. I mean, he seems like someone more than fit to be thrown behind bars, but there's no real telling what his motives were for attacking us."

Why am I still shaking? C'mon, get over it, you're fine Zeth.

IC:

"Yes...Thank you, ah, Cael, right? You said that was your name?" When Cael nodded, I nodded as well - just as a few Le-Matoran with a stretcher came in, and started the process of transferring Utu back to where he belonged. Nice to see that my patient was going to continue living...for a short while, at least. Better than him being dead, I suppose.

"And yes, I saw that about the poisonous substance. I'll want to get tests done on it soon, see if anything I have might be able to counteract its effects...otherwise I'll be using my mask more than I should be, most likely." I shook my head. "Well, Cael, care if I treat you to lunch? At the moment, Utu seems to be stable, and I think it best that he get some amount of time to rest after the ordeal he's been put through."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Ludvin

"I take you don't like the paperwork?" He frowned a bit.

IC (Merror)

Merror breathed out in exasperation as he was told the news, closing his eyes and kneading his forehead with thumb and forefinger. He shook his head as Valria finished the explanation. Utu was alive, which was good, but Dorian's actions...shooting the Toa of Ice in the heat of the moment had been bad enough, but trying to murder him in cold blood? This was a profound test of Merror's faith in the trust Joske held for the Shaddix boy.

He reluctantly put these thoughts aside. Utu and Dorian were both being taken care of in their own separate ways; it was out of his hands for now.

"If only it were that easy to bring Echelon to justice," he said. "You'd have to find him first, and that's difficult enough, not to mention taking him down...but you know that, of course."

He shook his head again, then smiled resignedly.

"Well then. Do either of you know what the plan is from here on out?"

IC: (Valria)

I nodded, and added the hachiwara to my bandolier of knives wrapped across my chest, a slight sigh escaped from lips as Tuara told Merror what I had deliberately left out. Mainly because now Utu was alive, and with Stannis's talks with everyone, having everyone bare down on Dorian wasn't a good idea. I turned around to face the two Toa of Fire.

"Utu's alive now though, by some measure of luck I suppose. Cael is with him, as well as man named Praggos," I replied. I had enough coins to buy an apple, rubbing the ruby red fruit on my armor to knock off any remaining dirt and also out of habit. I took a bite, because ######, I was hungry too. I wiped the juice from the corners of my mouth chewing and then swallowing. "Agni went off to talk to Dorian again. Personally I want to gut the Toa of Magnetism and his little cult, but running off right now isn't going to accomplish anything."

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Koro Market

Kongu laughed, "No, it's no problem! Just a joke there."

IC: Tuara Drigton - Le-Koro Market

"He's alive?" Tuara looked up, "What?! How?!"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ooc: I'm kind of really dragged out at this point so I'm just going to post this quick one to keep things moving, I guess. More insight in the next one.

Ic: "I can lead the way once we're in Po-Wahi, but until then Seria's idea would be the smartest," Stannis opined. There were other passages, of course, but the Highways were the most safest routes to take, especially with the end of the Great War. The overland route was rough and would take quice as long, and the Dark Walk was right out in present company.

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix made an annoyed chitter sound as he watched Viima and the ba-toa try and figure out what the bloody heck they were doing

"Chivinix was told he would be tracking.. Is that not true anymore?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Varan's sharp eye sight pierced the skies, searching desperately for a sign of the village of Le-Koro. However, Le-Koro was designed to be relatively impossible to see from any perspective, and Varan was about to give up hope.

At the last moment, though, he noticed something out of place, something that a normal being wouldn't see. A lone Gukko bird, flying above the treetops, and suddenly disappearing into a clump of trees beneath it. Gotcha.

Time to hunt. But first he needed a ride.

Varan climbed down and got low to the ground. It was time for his awful experiences learning to survive in Le-Koro to pay off.

Cupping his hands to him mouth, Varan emitted a horrifying, curdling howl, that shook the tress to their roots. It was meant to replicate a dying Rahi, and Varan knew the predators would come.

OOC: Requiem, tell me you've heard the song "Crashed" by Daughtry.

Edited by Hero2065

OOC: Oh, you know it dude. That song's boss.

IC:

Zeth inhaled sharply. He really didn't want to seek out trouble and put others, as well as himself, within harm's way. Chivinix seemed quite eager to hunt down this guy though, and he didn't exactly look like the type of person one should openly disagree with.

"If he has something planned. Who knows, he could just be mentally unstable."

The Toa of Gravity scoured each face in turn, as if searching for answers hidden beneath their features.

"Look, if you're going after him, I'll tag along." he admitted. "We'll just have to take extra care not to get in over our heads."

Though I have a feeling this isn't going to go well...

IC: Zeal - Top of the Tree Inn

His eyes opened a small fraction, then immediately closed again as the sunlight hit them, and the Toa rolled over in his bed with a grunt of effort.

Get up, Toa.

Zeal planted his feet on the ground for the first time in five days. His steps were tentative, as were his thoughts. Grabbing his cloak and blade, left Room Seven, and dragged himself down for breakfast. After filling his still-growling stomach, he sighed, and left the inn, breathing in the fresh air of Le-Koro.

Kai...

He shook his head, and made his way down to the main platform, pulling his hood up on the way.

Sister...

Those who bothered to look would have noticed the Toa had a strange movement, seeming to sway from side to side. Half of this was due to a state of apathy. The other half was not having walked for nigh on a week. Dark circles sat under his eyes. The note still sat in his pocket.

He froze.

Normally he would've retreated into a bar and drown his troubles in Salamander's, but after... that... he wouldn't touch the stuff. Even seeing the logo would start him hyperventilating. The Silver Toa sat cross-legged on the ground.

OOC: Zeal open for interaction.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

Chivinix looked over at Viima seeming to consider this

"Scent would help chivinix.. even the smallest amount."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

Viima nodded, but then seemed to realize something. "Is there anything we could actually get his scent from? He didn't touch me or Zeth and didn't leave anything behind..." His eyes brightened suddenly. "None of us has checked the store he entered! We should go there."

Chivinix placed two of his four hands on each of Viima's shoulders and stopped him from moving

"Where did defective toa first attack? Where he was should have his scent.."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: (Valria)

"To be honest I'm not exactly sure. Cael and Praggos are currently watching over him right now." I sighed, I turned to the Toa with black armor who just came upon us. "Hello again Liacada. Oh this is Tuara and this is Merror. This is Liacada, I met her in the hospital's waiting room."

IC: (Hari)

"Yep, come on it won't be as bad as you think Skyra and with one tug I pulled her inside the shop. My eyes lit up with all the possibilities in front of me. A myriad of colours colored my vision. Skirts, blouses, swim suits, dresses. The place was a veritable rainbow of colours, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. I went through a wave of things picking out what I wanted, already creating a pillar of various items stacked in my arms. "Alright Skyra what would you like to try first?" I smirked. This had been a long time coming, I hoped Skyra would end up enjoying this as much I did. Afterwards we'd grab a bite to eat, and maybe I could get some combat training with Skyra.

Edited by Nia Teppelin

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Skyra

I was shocked at how many choices Hari presented me. I was I supposed to pick from so many? I glanced at the pile in Hari's arm carefully.

"Well I think I'll try..." I paused mid sentence as my mind raced, I didn't want to pick something that would look stupid on me.

"...ummmmmmmm the green one." I finally decided, I slowly realised that was rather vague, ah well, any of the green ones would do I supposed.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Liacada - Le-Koro)

Liacada had ignored the offered hand, even as it was withdrawn. She had never intended to return the gesture.

"That's me."

Her cold eyes locked on his, the rest of her expression blank.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Ra’lhen & Wokapu – Fau Swamp

“Looks like we’re all in agreement,” Ra’lhen commented. The group gathered themselves and began walking north towards the underground highway to Onu-Koro.

---

The trek was slow, but it was not boring. Wokapu tried livening up the mood with some jokes, while Ra’lhen pointed out many of the interesting wildlife and plantlife they wandered and laid about in the jungle. Wokapu didn’t necessarily appreciate the surroundings to the extent of Ra’lhen. The Toa of Air, ironically, found Le-Wahi to be a bit too warm for his tastes, as he was still very much accustomed to the brisk winds of Ko-Wahi. And that treespeak… Wokapu knew better than to ever think or mouth-say that slang. Everyone knew it was juts tangle-nonsense.

Soon enough, the four had reached the massive entryway to the Onu-Wahi tunnels. Well-lit by lightstones connected to the cave walls every several meters, the four walked comfortably until they had reached the underground city.

OOC: Moving to Onu-Wahi

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

"Yes...Thank you, ah, Cael, right? You said that was your name?" When Cael nodded, I nodded as well - just as a few Le-Matoran with a stretcher came in, and started the process of transferring Utu back to where he belonged. Nice to see that my patient was going to continue living...for a short while, at least. Better than him being dead, I suppose.

"And yes, I saw that about the poisonous substance. I'll want to get tests done on it soon, see if anything I have might be able to counteract its effects...otherwise I'll be using my mask more than I should be, most likely." I shook my head. "Well, Cael, care if I treat you to lunch? At the moment, Utu seems to be stable, and I think it best that he get some amount of time to rest after the ordeal he's been put through."

IC (Cael)

The words were on the tip of her tongue, words to accept Praggos' offer and simply leave Utu in the hospital's care. But as she was about to speak, the healer remembered why she was here: Joske. He pursued everything with a single-minded determination, refusing to give up hope on even the most hopeless cases. She counted herself in that group, and Utu was in it too. So was Dorian. They were similar in way: the rest of the world would have labelled them beyond recovery. She had been dead. Utu had been enslaved by Echelon, and before that, he'd been a murderer. Dorian still was a murderer. But Joske hadn't let the facts stand in his way. He was stubborn in his belief that the good would always win, that it had to win, even if it took everything.

He was gone now. Not forever, but he was absent from her immediate future, and that meant someone had to step up for the lost and the dammed. Someone had to believe in the impossible. Dorian couldn't do it: he was one of the lost ones, himself. And until this last year, Cael would have counted herself out, too. She was a medical professional; she didn't believe in the impossible. She believed in knowledge and experience. Even when she performed what others would call miracles, there was nothing supernatural about them. Every time she had brought someone back from the brink of death, she had done it according to her training, according to scientific principles and laws.

But Joske had changed that, just like he had changed so much else about her. He had shown her that, sometimes, simply believing in the impossible made it possible. Where strength and knowledge fell short, all that remained was faith. And it could do the impossible.

Maybe now it was her turn to bear the burden Joske had carried, to be the one who stood by the people that nobody else wanted to stand up for. To support the hurting and broken who didn't want to be healed. To dare to stand up against astronomical odds, all in the name of faith. To go after people like her. Like Dorian. Like Utu. The hopeless cases.

She saw it now: Joske had been more of a healer than she had ever been. It was time to step up her game.

"I don't want to challenge your authority; this is your hospital, after all," the Toa of Water began. "But, in my experience, it's been best to attempt treatment of brain injury as soon as possible. Seeing as Utu was clinically dead for several minutes at least, would you mind if I took a look at his vitals?"

Edited by Justin Bieber

IC:

My hospital? Ha, if I had my choice, Utu'd be back at my home, resting on a much more comfortable bed and staying where I knew nobody else besides those I allowed in could mess with him. The only real reason I was here was because I didn't want to argue with Kongu - or any of the other Le-Matoran, for that matter - to get Utu out of here and back to my hut.

Though I certainly couldn't deny the words "my hospital" had a nice ring to them.

"It isn't my hospital," I said, completely disregarding that last part of what I had been thinking. "And I would attempt to treat the brain injury now assuming I had any idea of what effects it had had beyond a loss of motor control, and anything else; as it stands, I believe him in good enough care while I'm away for me to do some manner of research as to just what all I could or should do...and yes, if you'd like to check his vitals, I've no problem with that. You might find something all the rest of us have missed - I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, based on past experience with Utu."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Varan

The muaka was starving, that much was evident from it's thin frame, slobbery jaws, and watery eyes as it approached the meat lying on the ground. Normally, a muaka would be more cautious - but to Varan's fortune, this muaka could care less. It gobbled the carcass, eating every piece and barely stopping to chew. The muaka considered itself lucky, for sure, as it would have died if it had not found food. But no, death wasn't on the menu fro this Rahi. Something worse was.

At that moment, Varan leaped from the shadows, deactivating his Volitak and jumping atop the creature, quickly throwing a vine around it's mouth as a bit. The creature howled furiously and attempted to throw Varan off, but the tall Toa refused to be shaken. He clenched the vine hard, and dug his heels into the sides of the muaka to sturdy himself. And then Varan's plan began to fall into place.

The confused and enraged muaka began to run blindly, not caring where it was going, just wanting to escape Varan. And Varan used that to his advantage, steering the creature to the direction of Le-Koro.

IC: Forever Yours, Until I'm Not

TD. Of all the letters I've ever had to write, TD had to be the hardest. Those two little characters meant something larger than life. Something without hate or fear, a force of nature in all nature's harsh beauty. Beauty When you talked about TD, you talked about something that was flawed and ugly and piteous at its core, but something about those letters just felt right. You couldn't help but love someone like TD. Even when you shouldn't.

It was time to let go, only I couldn't. It's too beautiful a night for this, look, the moon is full and the stars are all out, each of them twirling for you. From here on the rooftop of the Bright-Star Inn, with three empty bottles of whiskey behind me and a pen and paper and my thoughts, the stars looked so vibrant. They were dancing, like lovers in forests. It was time to let go. Look at all you've done. Look back on what you've taken, on what you've given, on what you've lost and gained. Look at the mark you left. You can let go for once. Only I couldn't. The letters TD couldn't be purged. They represented too much. Too much of me to lose. When you strip away TD, flay it off my bones and sundry it and let my fluids drain, I am a husk of hollow bone and empty organs. I realize that now. Maybe that's part of my problem.

Joske's lighter hung from the strap on my neck, dangling weakly like a broken heart. His sword was on my back - a paperweight on my very soul, reminding me that he believed. I slipped it off and lit the loose cigarette, clinging to my bottom lip. There was a candle by my parchment; I flicked the lighter again and gave myself some light to create with.

TD-

All of this - life, love, language, us - is an opus. Because you're an uneducated plank who couldn't grasp me if you tried, I'm going to devote this entire sentence to teaching you that an opus is a creative work of great value or personal worth to the artist. Now read that sentence again. And again. And again. Once you've seen it and repeated it to yourself four times, you should have the barest understanding of what it means, so I'll say it again. All of this is an opus, and I need to write you this to thank you for seeing it through with me for the last few years. It's been rough. But I like to think it was worth it, because I wasn't just a different artist when I first put pen to paper. I was a different man.

A long time ago, long before I knew what the names Dorian Shaddix or Tuara Drigton would ever mean to me, there was one name that mattered, and it was Kynaera. I don't remember where I was, the first time I told her what her name meant to me. Okay. That's a lie, and I know it's a lie except I can't erase it, so these ugly scribble marks are the closest I can get to stuttering over myself like a moron in real life. We were on a roof, a lot like I am right now. Somehow, don't ask me how, my sad romantic ###### had raised a piano up into the air enough that we could put it on top of a hut and play while we watched the snow. It got to the point where even the ebony on the keys was a little bit ivory from all the flakes, but we still knew each sound well enough to play, and whatever we missed the other would pick up. Well, I was a bit young(er), stupid(er), lovesick(er), and bett(er) than I am now, and we sang for whatever had ears to pick us up and had hearts to listen to us, and somewhere along the line I wasn't singing to her. I was telling her that she was everything to me, and I wanted to be everything to her, and that if this were a fairy tale we would kiss right now and then we could flash forward through life. I told her that I could be anything she needed, whenever she needed it, and that inevitably when we were long dead what we had could stay on this roof, young and pretty and pure forever. While I talked, she kept playing slower and slower, to the point where when I finished she tentatively bit her lip and poked a key, and the music died away.

"Dor," she said, so softly that I thought she might cry, "you know people just die when they're killed, right?"

It hurt to blink. Tears were staining the surfaces of my i's, and made it hard to read the letter from the smudged dots that marred the letter.

I learned so much from that conversation. I learned that you could sit out in the tundra for six days and let the tears freeze to your face, feel the screams freezerburn your throat, and still something in you won't just take pity and shut down, let you die. I learned that sometimes hate (even if you just hated yourself) was all the armor you needed to fight the battles you needed to fight. Most importantly, I learned something that stuck with me for the rest of my life, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong or even that you should take it at face value, I'm just saying that my eyes were full of snow and my heart was splintered in my chest and I learned that always, always, no matter what they tell you, people don't want to die. You give a dying man a chance, even if he accepted his fate and felt up to it, and he'll take it. You give a man the thing he needs to survive a heroic sacrifice, he will. If you ever have the chance to live in your prime forever, where you're practically invincible just because you have the power to THINK you are, then you'll take it. And you'll keep taking it. Yourself above all else. I learned that, and I lived by it. Until you.

You were the thing that took apart all that I learned. You were my one altruistic deed. You destroyed me.

It was only when I finished this paragraph that I looked at the gun on my waist, then back to the paper, and thought, Holy ######, Dor, this looks like a suicide note. Maybe it was. I lost track of where I was going a long time ago.

Everything I was, you have shaken to the core. You are a cataclysm that I have needed such as I have never needed anything in my life; the armor and persona and actions i had used to build myself up are limestone dust and hieroglyphs in your hands, for you to cast away as you choose. The rest is immaterial, and beyond our control; I learned that, too, but a lot more recently than you'd think. Someone I respect a lot more than I respect myself at this point already told me that I made my mark. I'd like to think that's a good thing, but I'm not nearly fool enough to think that it is. Maybe it is. Maybe I overthink things, as much as I'd like to act like I'm all emotion all the time. I'm hardly the person to be judging anything, let alone myself. You taught me that, too, but if we were to list all the things you've taught me over two years than I think the world would long since have run out of parchment, and my hand would be arthritic and wrinkled, and when I was done writing there would be nothing left for me to do but die. I'll have said all I need to. So I'm not going to make a list.

Especially if we're counting bedroom stuff.

It hit me suddenly that I should be telling her all this myself, that it wasn't too late for me to burn this or go downstairs. Or maybe it is. Or not. I could find a way. I've always found a way before. Through thick and thin, through life and death, I found a way. What's one more time?

The world, something older and wiser and totally separate from my consciousness thought. If you use it right. Or I could run into the jungle. The shadows could be my cover, and I could slip away to die, or live, or whatever sort of ###### up limbo I've been living for the last two and a half years of my life. Or I could be a man. There were demons each way I ran, and I would never be able to fight them all. But ###### if I didn't know how to go down swinging.

I love you, I scribbled out, my writing blurring and quickening and squishing together. Please don't forget that, because I could make a mark of my face on the entire world and burn my name into its core and if you forget me and what I say in this letter then it will all be for nothing. I love you. I love you. I love you. Don't abandon me. Not now. Please. I love you. I'll change. I have changed. I'm going to change more. I can do it. I know I can. Believe me. I love you.

Burn this! I screamed in my head, and something out loud on the rooftop screamed it with me. Tell her yourself! But I couldn't burn it. I've come too far to give up again. Maybe this was best, but probably it wasn't. Anyone who could tell me was dead or gone, but they didn't matter anyway. She mattered. TD. The spitfire.

I could still burn it. To prove it, I signed -DS in as pretty a script as I could muster and held the parchment above the fire. The candle was growing weaker; the wax was almost burnt through. The parchment hovered precariously over the ember.

I had always called myself tough. I could prove it here. Or not. I could burn it no problem, if I wanted to. Do you?

I was sobbing, and then I wasn't, and then I was again. Like waterworks.

I could leave her, save her life and doom mine forever, or I could go back to her, tell her in person. ###### us both.

The flame flickered; for a second it was out, and then it was on. It burned a little hotter. One last chance.

The parchment trembled.

-Tyler

Edited by Aegon Targaryen
  • Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC:

Suggested Listening

IC: Utu Kotore - Le-Koro Hospital

One time I stepped on a baby bird, smothered it like a child until it's body stopped fighting back. It had given up and accepted the fate I had cast upon it. I cornered it into an ending so it could not escape, narrowing the choices it could make until there was only one left: Death.

I was that bird today.

That's the thing about death, is that there's this seriously strong implication of a lack of power, or some sense of absolute failure. But that's not how I see it. I used to see it that way sure, but if wasn't until I stood before you today in the state I'm in now, facing off against your pervasive search of my mind and soul. When Yuru cast me into the ocean with lacerations across my body and my mask without a face I cried out. When Dorian Shaddix smothered me like a bird I cried out. But this is not a cry out. This is not a blatant lie or a sickly sweet inclination that I'm more than you say I am. You may be a "Mother" but I am the Son. Just like she was, you are; you did not care for me. And just like I did to my real mother I will do to you.

Impossible.

I once lay down for her to stand upon, I was small so she could be large, I allowed her to push me down and abuse me like some broken useless animal.

But you could only use a child for so long. I stopped being her or your child long ago, because somewhere deep inside this little boy is a raging seething monster with power beyond even your imagining. I am invincible to you with this new armor I brandish.

The Child is not yours to wield, Darling. Not any longer.

"I don't want to challenge your authority; this is your hospital, after all."

No, not the Mark, that was for her, for you I have reserved a different poison.

"But, in my experience, it's been best to attempt treatment of brain injury as soon as possible. Seeing as Utu was clinically dead for several minutes at least, would you mind if I took a look at his vitals?"

Nobody will weep for you. Your loss will not be felt in this world or the next, because for all the evil and injury I have inflicted upon this world, you have done tenfold. And for all the sorry you feel, I have felt tenfold. So I stand before you; that bird you've tried to smother, utterly defiant.

"It isn't my hospital."

Look at me. What do you see?

"And I would attempt to treat the brain injury now assuming I had any idea of what effects it had had beyond a loss of motor control, and anything else; as it stands, I believe him in good enough care while I'm away for me to do some manner of research as to just what all I could or should do...and yes, if you'd like to check his vitals, I've no problem with that."

I see a broken body, with people around you expecting you to keep a broken promise.

Exactly right.

"You might find something all the rest of us have missed - I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, based on past experience with Utu."

Now look at me. Look at the way I stand before you. Listen to the conviction in my words. You don't see a broken body with a slew of broken promises anymore do you?

No.

No I don't.

Good.

Because I want you to see and understand exactly who the bird was that killed you.

• Upvote 3

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC:

12 Hour Rule

IC: Cael

The healer approached the unconscious Toa, her eyes already flickering over his still form for the telltale signs of life. The slight rise and fall of his gargantuan chest confirmed his breathing; his nostrils flared slightly with every exhalation. But what drew the bulk of her attention was the Thing on his arm.

The Mark was swollen and purple, a grotesque bulge in Utu's flesh that pulsated gently. Placing two fingers on the Toa's neck, Cael checked his pulse, and noted that the Mark throbbed in time with each heartbeat, pumping its vile poison through its host's sluggish veins.

Swallowing her nausea, the healer looked closer, but saw nothing recognizable in the Thing. She had never seen its like, not in any creature living nor dead; it resembled no organic structure she had ever studied. The very sight of it twisted her stomach; it was unnatural.

And it needed to be healed.

Could she do it? The idea seemed ludicrous: she had no idea exactly what it was, and her mask required knowledge of an injury in order to repair it. Yes, she'd improvised in the past, but this was an entirely new level of foreign. There was no way of knowing the implications of anything she might do.

But she had to try, right? Joske never concerned himself with the impossible. Neither would she.

So she reached down and gently laid a hand on the Thing, even though every instinct within her screamed to take it away. Activating her mask, she watched as a nimbus of sapphire light wrapped itself around her fingers before enveloping the Mark.

All energy in his poisoned body seemed to draw itself to the point of contact. A dark energy seemed to gather in the apex that was the Rune of Power. The being was attempting to initiate some forms of contact with our Child. We felt her power pushing and prodding, searching for something from us. She was invasive, an outer organism that shouldn't be there. We weren't supposed to allow it. There were clear rules, stating that we could not allow harm to come to ourselves or our Child. So unless-

This invasive power was not one of malicious intent.

Her fingers quickly snapped away with a slight of her fingers' reflex.

We had nudged back.

It was a sensation unlike anything she had ever felt. Her healing energy rebounded, and as her tingling fingers snapped away from the Thing, she caught a glimpse of... something. It was beyond her understanding, different from anything she had ever known, but the Mark had done more than simply deflect her mask's power: it had pushed back.

It was alive; it was... sentient?

“Praggos...” she said slowly, not looking up from the purple mark. “You might want to take a look at this.”

"Hmm? What is it?" I asked, quickly stepping over myself. Obviously I was concerned - I wanted neither my new apparent work partner nor my patient to come to harm - though I suppose at the moment my wondering was based more in curiosity than in concern. I'd dealt with the Marks before, I knew they had minds of their own - perhaps this one was trying something new.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," the healer replied. "But this Mark... it's alive. And I think it's trying to communicate."

"Trying to communicate?" I asked, somewhat incredulous. Yes, it certainly was going to try something new. "With you? I'm not surprised at its being alive, but...really?"

"I tried to use my mask to heal it. Almost immediately, my energy rebounded, but I could feel something else coming with it. An impression, almost. It was gone too quickly for me to understand it, but it felt like it was trying to make me understand something."

I nodded, looking over to the Mark again. I had no doubt that it might be trying to communicate, but as to what it might be trying to say I had no idea. Though I had had experience with the marks in the past...I might be able to understand it a bit better, perhaps, if I have contact with it. Or for all I know it might recognize me.

"Would you care if I tried?" I asked, already starting to reach my hand out towards Utu. "I've a mask of healing myself, after all."

"Go ahead," she said, stepping back. "Perhaps you'll get a clearer picture than I did."

I nodded, placing my hand upon Utu's mark much the same as Cael had just before me, the energies from my mask flowing down my arm and into the Mark of Fear as well; I had no doubt the Mark would recognize me as a healer the same as it had apparently recognized Cael, though I did have doubts that it would quite so nice with me as it had been with Cael. If it recognized me, after all, for who I was or who I had been, there was no telling what might happen.

This was a different power.

Similar nature, but the tastes and textures were familiar. We, as the Child instantly recognized who it was: A Toa that once aligned himself with the Darling of Power. This too was once a Darling, although our sister was missing from him. We quickly flittered through the memories we had gathered to gather enough data to respond properly.

Was he a threat to us?

No.

We nudged back.

A flick of an idea we cast from our Darling to the other, an attempt to reconstruct images from series of events within our Darling's mind. Heads, heads, heads, heads, heads, heads. Crudely constructed, hopefully the images of heads in different contexts would do enough to push them in the right direction. Smiling faces, screaming faces, faces that cried, and faces that lacked a body. It ended with a final image of our Darling, his face in the reflection of an icy wall, his child-like features beaming warmly.

I frowned, and as the Mark nudged back, instead of breaking contact, I maintained it, unwilling to end things now. At the risk of making this thing angry I simply did what I could to let it know how I was concerned about Utu, trying to get across that I just wanted to heal Utu, get him back on his feet and healthy again.

Praggos was greeted in response by clips of Utu being beaten by Yuru in Ga-Koro, his mask crushed beneath Yuru's foot. A voice sounded in Praggos' mind, constructed from vowels of different contexts; auditorial memories. 'He died. You were there.'

"He's died a second time as well. I'd rather he not die a third," I muttered, half-audibly, to the mark. I wondered if it understood that, for anything to really happen like it should, I was going to need some amount of help from the thing that knew Utu best, inside and out.

The pressure stopped.

It flipped an image of Utu smalling his brother's head into the ground, an image of him striking the head of a giant in a small mansion, Utu kicking Tuara in the head, his hands slamming down on Dorian's skull before headbutting him.

'Brain.'

I understood that it was Utu's brain that was needing the work. What I wasn't sure of was just what needed to be done to repair it...hopefully the mark might know something of use.

"Yes, that's what I'm wanting to fix," I muttered again, my tone turning slightly sarcastic. I bit down on my tongue before I made some joke that would just make it angry with me. Making these things angry was never a good idea.

Praggos was muttering to himself, his hand firmly pressed to the surface of the Mark. Whatever was happening, it was beyond Cael's experience, and probably her fellow doctor's as well.

"Are you alright?"

"I think the Mark and I are bonding," I replied to Cael, opening my eyes fully and looking around - quite a few of the Le-Matoran around were staring at me in confusion, wondering just what was happening to me there.

"Though I think this talk session might have to wait a bit. The Mark...recognizes what all of Utu is damaged. And it wants to fix him up there just as much as we do. Anything else...I'm not sure." I turned back to Utu, an expression of consternation upon my face. I had yet to remove my hand from the mark, in the hope that it might say something more to me, though I wasn't sure if it would or not. Communication was ever-so-slightly difficult with it.

"If it can just tell us what to do... perhaps, between the two of us, we have enough power to heal it."

'Him.' It hissed from a rather loud memory, 'Cells, lost, trauma, regenerate tissues.'

"I would hope," I replied to Cael, sighing, looking back down at the Mark. Seemed like it understood something, after all; good thing we were making breakthroughs in communication.

"It's telling me how Utu has suffered cell damage in his brain tissues. Says that the way to help would be to regenerate them..." I knew the mark was listening to all this, so hopefully it would respond quickly after me. "Though I still don't know just what all it is that would need regenerated, nor would I know the how of regenerating it, in this case - I've not had too much study in neurosurgery and such before."

“Neither have I. I know a little of the effect of asphyxiation on brain cells: I've done most of my work in Ga-Koro, after all. Treating it is difficult, though. Brain cells are difficult to rejuvenate, and without a mask of healing, I don't believe they regenerate on their own, unlike most other types of tissue.”

'Try.'

"Yes, we're in much the same situation here..." I turned back to Cael, frowning more deeply. "It's telling me - us - to try. If you want to now, I recommend you come over; it might have some effect, though I doubt it'll all be finished today...Though it still hasn't told us what specifically of Utu's brain tissue has been damaged." I turned back to the mark, squeezing it slightly with my hand.

"Think you could tell us that, my fearful friend?"

The healer moved next to Praggos, and placed her hand next to his, her fingers lightly touching the Mark. Whatever it said next, she would hear too.

She was ready.

'All.'

Utu's smiling face appeared again.

I turned to Cael, sighing.

"On the count of three, I suppose? So that we're doing it at the same time?"

She nodded, her mask already beginning to glow. "One."

"Two," I replied, my focusing shifting now from the mark to Utu's cerebellum and cerebrum, as I was going to be working to heal those, not the Mark, right now. One or the other of us - or some unspecified observer - supplied the three. I wasn't sure who - I was too busy envisioning that I wanted to heal, thinking about how it might be healed, and hoping it would work.

The Mark cast off more memories in excitement, Hakoa Kotore's body being torn apart, the blood spilling over Utu's arms and chest. The blunt popping of a spine ripping itself apart. There was a sensation of elation and suddenly the healing began.

Cael felt the familiar heat of her mask pressing against her face as streams of liquid blue energy trickled down her arms and across her fingers before sinking into the Mark. This was a healing different than any other she had ever known: she and Praggos and the Mark worked in tandem. It filled her mind even as she infiltrated whatever sentience it had; they were one.

Even as she directed her power towards Utu's damaged brain, she was half-conscious of flickering images flashing across her brain. Scenes of carnage and war, of terrible violence and bloodshed, all seen through the eyes of Utu Kotore. And woven throughout it all: the sour taste of fear.

The healer pushed past the memories, pressing herself deeper into the Mark, seeking the knowledge she needed. It spoke in pictures and emotions and words repeated from long-past conversations, communicating as best as it could. Through the rush of sensations and impressions, she managed to gather that Utu's brain had started to die. The metallic taste of blood coated her tongue as the Mark played out for her the memory of Dorian's attack, his attempt to rid this world of Its Darling, Its beloved, whom It belonged to. They were one; they were one.

His heart had stopped, His ravished heart, and His lungs ceased to breathe. So It took control, pulling at spent sinews and strangled muscle, and made His heart to wake. To beat again, to carry Its love through His fair veins, that there might be no flaw in Him.

Whither is thy Beloved gone?
that we may seek Him with thee.

They poured out their strength, the Healer and the Healer and the Child, and the river of life filled His veins and His sweet heart went tha-thump tha-thump and pumped it into His brain. His cells cried out for nourishment; they were starving; they were thirsty, and the river swept them up that they might never thirst again. Neurons flashed and swelled with life, and were made whole.

And the Beloved danced upon his bed.

My head was shaking on the autopsy table. The temperature in the room dropped rather suddenly. My breath began to grow heavier and more intense, a stream of warm air escaping my nostils as they filled the space of the room with little puffs of steam. My hands became fists that shook.

I am not wrong Darling.

Yes you are. You told me you've lived forever, since before time, and each time life ends you'll begin again. But that's not true, because no matter how long you prolong your fate, no matter how hard you fight destiny, she always wins. She always gets what she wants. Everybody dies.

My eyes open. I feel a presence. There is a number of people standing over me, all of which I do not recognize. I am still for a moment before I make eye-contact with the blue Toa, who's hand is on my arm. I look at her eyes, they are filled with a wonder or bewilderment, as if she had just seen a ghost. Like I was some sort of god to her. Her golden eyes flashed for a moment when they realized I was looking at her.

Where was I?

Confusion turned to anger, and before I knew what I was doing I quickly snapped up and took hold of her throat with my hand, unrestrained due to the lack of concern for strapping down a dead body in an autopsy room. I roared angrily as I rose, hot spittle flicking her face.

Their mind became three, and the healer knew herself again. Cael blinked, her breathing rapid as she deactivated her mask, feeling as though some great wave had just dashed her upon the shores of reality. The room was sharp, sharp as glass, and suddenly she was small as Utu rose from his deathbed and caught her in his grip.

Was he Utu Kotore, or was he Beloved? She couldn't tell, her mind a chaos of impressions left by a jealousy as cruel as the grave, a love her waters could not quench, and she did nothing as the Toa of Ice roared in anger, his fingers tightening around her throat; she was a sparrow.

When Utu sprung up and I felt myself released from the Mark, I nearly crowed with joy; for a man to be so restored was, for all intents and purposes, a medical miracle - and because an old...acquaintance was now able to walk and talk again, like he was supposed to.

Though that changed when Utu's hand wrapped around Cael's neck, his animalistic voice ripping through the tense silence that had filled the room. It was at that moment that I reminded myself that Utu was still dangerous, and it seemed that his brain damage had certainly damaged more than his tissue.

Removing my hand from his Mark I brought it down to his wrist, pressing down on the median nerve - causing an effect similar to an enhanced version of carpal tunnel syndrome. As quick pain and then numbness replaced the normal sensations and commands present in Utu's hand he released Cael, starting to draw back from me. I then proceeded to initiate a pronating wristlock, his currently unstraightened arm facilitating the technique as I continued through with it, pulling his arm posteriorily as I turned myself, only to shove him against the bed he had so recently been lying recumbent on.

"Utu Kotore, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't attack your doctors," I said, my calm tone quite at odds with my livid, angry appearance - I was quite nearly as red in the face as a Ta-Matoran. "I'd rather not have to heal you twice in one day."

I snarled at him at first, bearing my teeth with my head raised above the table, only now just becoming entirely aware of my sudden loss of strength. I felt weak, as if my body was not my own, "Nobody tells, me... what... to do..." I trailed off, suddenly exhausted. "Wha-" My eyes flitted, my head began to waver, almost bouncing as I fell into a deep slumber.

"Where am..."

My head rested against the metal, my purple eyes becoming a light warm blue again before my lids covered them, "Where..."

You were angry.

I'm always angry.

• Upvote 4

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: oh look

this guy still exists

IC: Aerus (Hospital, Le-Koro)

"We have examined you," the doctor explains, looking down at a small clipboard, "And we are glad to say that any injuries are only superficial. A few days' rest and you'll be as good as new."

"What about my left arm?"

The doctor looks up, slightly perplexed. "What about it?"

"Is it injured?"

"No. It's completely fine, actually. Not a scratch on it," the doctor smiles. I can tell that he's beginning to become worried. I shouldn't be here. "Well, apart from that old nick there, but that must be over a year old."

"Okay," I nod. "Well, thank you very much for taking some of your precious time to look at me, I'm sure you're busy."

"It's not a problem," he chuckles. "You know, if you do have a problem with your arm, we can perform some more checks-"

"No," I cut in, cursing at myself internally for being too quick with it. If he wasn't suspicious already, he certainly is now. "No, I'm fine."

"Okay," he replies, still smiling, although clearly a little shaken by the conviction of my previous response.

I nod again, and then guide myself to the door, making sure not to give any indication as to the state of my arm.

Well, I think to myself, smirking wryly, It would appear that I have gone insane.

So it would seem.

Talking to oneself is meant to be the first sign of insanity, you know.

Really? I'd have thought the hallucinations would call attention to that sooner.

A confused expression crosses my face as I ponder my last statement, but I'm quickly stirred from my thoughts as I bump into someone

"Sorry," I mutter, turning around to look at the red Matoran, still reeling slightly. We lock eyes for less than an instant, and then a panicked expression contorts her Kaukau and she rushes past. I stare after her, unable to quell the twisting sensation rising in my gut, like a physical grinding inside me, something stuck to my stomach lining that's trying to force itself free and tearing the skin as it struggles.

You know her.

There's a puddle of water.

She never left you.

There's a puddle of water on the floor.

You can still remember.

Water... on the floor...

You have to remember.

I need... water...

You need to remember.

I...

You tried to forget, but now they're coming.

I need...

The memories are coming back.

I need water.

It's just out of my reach. I can't move my arms. My head hurts. But I can almost bend over enough to reach it.

There's water in some kind of container (not glass) on a table just out of my reach and my throat is sore and dry and raw, and I need water. Im so close. Just a little further. Just a little...

Don't take me back here.

I fall off my chair and hit the table, knocking it over. The water is just there, and I hold out my tongue as the liquid rolls toward me along the floor, hoping for even a drop to soothe me, but it veers off course. It takes me a moment to realise that the screaming has stopped.

Please don't take me back here.

It's been there for as long as I can remember. But I can't remember very much nowadays. It's always been there in the background, reminding me of my pain. It takes me a second to realise that the screams were my own. People rush through the door and lift me up, fixing my chair and returning me to it. They take away the container, and I watch the little pool of water on the floor, see my reflection. I have a blue Kakama, and blue eyes. I didn't know that. I'm sure that by this time tomorrow I won't know it again.

I can't control it.

What time is it? I try to turn my head, but my neck aches, and after struggling for a few seconds I return it to its previous position.

I need to control it.

I don't know who I am.

I do.

That has plagued me for as long as I can remember. But I can't remember long. There's a puddle of water on the floor, and I look into it, hoping to catch a glimpse of myself. I'm blue. I wonder how the puddle got there. There aren't any windows on the ceiling, so it can't have been the rain. It's odd.

Let me in.

I'm thirsty.

If you let me in I can help you.

Every time I close my eyes, I see faces. I don't know who they are anymore, but I feel guilty every time they appear. It's always the same few; a black Hau, a red Kaukau, a grey Huna, sometimes a green Pakari. I know that I did something wrong to these people, but I can't remember what. I can't even remember who I am. I can't even remember my name.

Let me in and I can help you remember.

I think I used to remember a lot of things. I'm not sure. I can't even remember what I'm talking about. All I remember are the faces. Sometimes there are names with them. I'm fairly certain that whoever had the Kaukau is called Jalna, because I remember myself crying her name, over and over. I'm not sure why. It's probably whatever I feel guilty for.

I shouldn't be remembering this. I can't be remembering this.

I have an odd moment of sense. My name is Xerov. I killed Jalna. Her brother Tarrhus tried to kill me. He failed. I killed Myka in the process. Now her friend Zyron probably wants to kill me too. I left Feongulf to hand myself over. Then I went insane.

These aren't my memories. This isn't how it happened.

There's some water on the floor, and I'm not sure how it got there. There's a face in it, looking back at me. I think it's mine.

Let me in and I can help you. Let me in and I can make it better.

I need water.

"Let me help you."

The voice is wrong. It's my voice, but it's wrong.

"I can make you strong. You won't have to forget. You only did so you could get away."

"I'm strong now," I whisper, tears beginning to form in my eyes. "I can be so much more."

Not anymore.

"I'm still stronger than he was."

Not while she's still alive.

I stare down the corridor, ignoring the people looking at me, and search for the Matoran I bumped into in the crowded hallway. She's at the other end. I try to offer up some gesture of comfort, but my face remains still, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Jalna just shakes her head and disappears back into the crowd.

Edited by Sam Tyler

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Varan

The muaka began to tire, it's rage slowing. It had run, non-stop, for hours in a blind fury, but it had now finally accepted the burden on it's back , and now simply staggered forward, unaware of much thanks to it's fatigue. Finally, Varan had reached his destination.

Nimbly, he leaped from the back of the large cat and onto the tree beside him. His Mask of Stealth was activated, and the Rahi saw nothing. But it indeed felt the heaviness upon it's back lifted, and as soon as it did, the muaka froze, sniffed the air, and then quickly sprang forward into the jungle, happy to be free from the heaviness. Varan sneered at the animal's stupidity.

Varan then began to climb the trunk, his claws digging deeply into the bark of the enormous tree. He moved fast, making his way towards the village of Le-Koro.

Edited by Bioni-Man

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

"So, here it is", Viima said, staring at the store in which the Toa of Gravity had been. "We should go inside, probably."

He took a few steps inside, not at all sure what he would find.

OOC: Bioni-man, you should probably RP the reactions of the shopkeeper since you were the one to create him. The one that's not dead, anyway.