Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

Joke's on all of you. We hid the database on a road you can only find yourself on when you take the Wrong Turn at Albuquerque.

2552280-buggs_bunny.jpg

-Tyler

Edited by Aegon Targaryen

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

....ugh I need to get back in this so sorry for dropping off my profile and not getting back ere.

Anyway this time i promise I'm back, my character is on page 2 and I already had one admin approve it, how many approvals must it have before I can post as my character again?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Name: (Name discarded)

Codename: Black Knight

Loyalties/Faction: Hellfire Club

Power(S): The Black Knight has the ability to boost his body's physical production by half for around twenty minutes, or a hundred for five. This includes stamina, strength, and speed. His muscles will grow slightly in bulk. Additionally, he can focus this extra energy into destructive blasts which must be charged to gain size. However, these advantages are not drawn from nowhere- after his time is up, he will fall into unconsciousness immediately, and will be overheated and absolutely exhausted for a time period depending on how much he exerted himself. In particular, energy blasts drain him massively and will cut down the total time of his twenty minute boost. Small blasts will bite off seconds, but large, truly destructive ones can take off entire minutes.

Appearance: The Black Knight is costantly costumed in shiny, metallic black armor. This armor free of boxy edges or points, all of it curved and smooth for unrestricted movement. On his left shoulder, a stylized stenciling of the traditional chess knight motif is spray-mainted in silver. Underneath the armor is the same tatooed in black, running from just below his neck, encapsulating his arm down to the wrist. He is nearly always wearing a helmet which covers his face- his identity remains unknown to even his closest allies. Under this mask is, perhaps shocklingly, the shaggy blonde hair and stubble of a surfer. To complete this are his chiseled abs and muscles.

Weapons: He carries a SMG at all times, as well as two extra clips for it. He also carries a traditional black steel sword, and while he is familiar with it and can use it with deadly skill, it is mostly to complete his look. He keeps it sheathed at his back, ready for drawing at any time.

Skills: He is naturally strong, even without his power boost, and is a competent shot and swordsman.

Personality: The Knight is stoic at all times, offering not a word, simply obeying. He doesn't hesitate in any task, and won't argue with orders. He seems to be absent of traditional morals or emotion, forsaking them for subservience.

Weakness: After using his powers, exhausted is understatement. He is in danger of heart failure should attempt to do anything but walk around.

He has little will of his own, and seeks only his superior's wishes.

Bio: Born to two international travelers in Sierra Leone, he grew up in the African country as an odd man out, but learned Krio and English from his parents. He was toughened as he got older, and became a hired soldier who would do exactly what his commanders told him to. Eventually, he became aware of how corrupt his leaders were, and, in the first use of his ability, slew them and ran. And ran. And ran. By the time twenty minutes was up, he was in another village, collapsed in the streets. He was eventually sentenced for his crimes and thrown in jail. However, after three months in the prison, he and twenty others broke out and plotted to stow away on a cargo ship to America. Before they got there, eight were caught and imprisoned. The rest were able to make it on to the ship. Only seven, however, were able to survive the trip, as food was scarce and water even more so. They thought they had made it when the ship was docked, but they were caught and sentenced to deportation. In the second used of his power, he leapt into the water and swam as far as he could, eventually washing ashore in ragged clothes in the middle of the night.

He slept on the beach until the next day when a man whose name he never learned took him in. This man was a skilled swordsman and sought to turn the desperate washup into his apprentice. The man taught him martial arts and swordsmanship for seven years, until the man, who had been of great age seven years prior, passed away. In search of something, someone to latch onto, he turned to the Hellfire Club. He swore undying service to Romulus, who he considered a god amongst men.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

....ugh I need to get back in this so sorry for dropping off my profile and not getting back ere.

Anyway this time i promise I'm back, my character is on page 2 and I already had one admin approve it, how many approvals must it have before I can post as my character again?

You need two. Try giving the staff a nudge if you need that plus 1.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Alright thanks man, I'll check the staff list

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Oh he did? Oh I never knew but thanks for the extra approval

Time to get Zac back in!

Name: John Howlett

Codename: Wolf

Faction: Ultimate X-Men

Power(S): John's first power is a healing factor. His healing factor used to be much stronger. Since his curse was sealed away and he is no longer a lycan his healing has been much weaker (its the same as normal universe John's). It takes an hour for gunshot wounds to heal. About half an hour for knife wounds. He can bleed out easier now so he is forced to wrap wounds to stop the bleeding. His body can't heal anything it couldn't naturally, it just heals much quicker.

Along with his healing factor John has three adamantium claws that come out of his left fist. He has no adamantium on his bones. His right arm has been infected by the techno-organic Phalanx virus. It is now completely made of metal but has no special powers or abilities (much like Cable's arm.)

His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, and he is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden. Wolf can use these enhanced sense of smell to track any creature with an impressive degree of success.

Appearance: Ultimate John looks almost exactly like the normal universe John, however he is slightly more attractive and his eyes are a few shades darker blue. His hair is longish and jet black. His chin strong and well sculpted. John's body is lean and muscular with broad shoulders and a thin waist.

He usually wears trench-coats, tank-tops and Jeans. Sometimes he might throw on a hoodie instead. He prefers to cover up his metal arm when in public or around normal humans.

Weapons: None, other then his claws.

Skills: Good at hand to hand fighting, excellent with his claws, good strategist.

Personality: Ultimate John's personality is very similar to the normal John's. Except he has more control when it comes to his anger issues. That doesn't mean that John isn't violent. He enjoys the act of fighting greatly, and even the act of killing, but only when he must.

Ultimate John often cracks jokes, and isn't always quite serious. Despite what people may think of him and what he's done deep down he's a kind soul. He lives to protect others and the Ultimate X-Men were his life. He also has a strange obsession with Jessica Alba.

Weakness: John's healing is now much weaker. Gunshot to the head he's done, his bones are breakable and whatnot. He also can’t re-grow limbs. He suffers from a rare techno-organic virus from his reality, which is literally a virus of microscopic nano-bots that fused to his body and were slowly consuming him. Already his entire right arm is now all sleek metal from the virus and part of his shoulder as well. His healing factor keeps the virus from spreading even further.

Bio: Ultimate John's life went pretty much the same as the normal universe' counterpart to a certain degree. The biggest difference is that Ultimate John was captured by Weapon-X when he was sixteen. He then spent two years working as an assassin for them. Instead of coating his entire skeleton with adamantium they only covered his three claws on each hands. All of John's memories before he was captured were erased so his early life at the institute was gone forever.

Eventually John got tired of being an assassin for Weapon-X and was able to escape. After some time some of his old memories became to return and he came back to the institute. John then joined the Ultimate X-Men and began going on missions with them. A year later and the Phalanx invasion happened and the end of John's world began. By now he'd become intimate with his universe' Ashlynn Summers. Alaric was killed early on in the war, and this hit John hard since he'd been like a brother to him.

While fighting the Phalanx John was infected with the virus which quickly consumed his right arm before ceasing due to his healing factor.

Later the Ultimate X-Men came to the normal universe in search of their Alex since he was a technopath, in homes he could help save their dying reality. John met with a man named Aldrich who turned out to be a lycan. John then made the hard choice to be but by Aldrich and turn into a lycan. He did this to give him an edge against the Phalanx, and also because he was helping the normal X-Men and the Brotherhood take down Weapon-X.

Once Weapon-X was brought down they had their target, Alex. John and the rest of the Ultimates then took Alex and jumped back to their reality to finish the fight. While back in his home dimension Ultimate John slowly began to loose his mind further and further after being turned into a lycan. He helped fight the war against the Phalanx which they eventually won, but soon after it seemed as if John had lost all control. He'd shifted into his lycan form before running off.

Eventually John made his way back to the other reality since that's where Dallas had gone. He wanted to bite Dallas and turn him into a lycan as well and form a pack. He came across this realty John's strange 'son' Liam.

John proceeded to bite Liam and turn him into a lycan to join his pack. John and Liam spent a few days in the forest before John hunted down Dallas and the Ultimates and returned to the Xavier mansion property.

Word of John on the property spread and Ultimate Rebekah and a few others were dispatched to stop him. Rebekah told John she'd have to kill him before he ran off. She then chased off after him.

Rebekah hunted the wounded John for several days. They had a run in where they went into a fierce fight where John was nearly killed until Liam intervened and saved him. John left Liam to Rebekah as he escaped once again.

He had been mortally wounded by Rebekah and had to quickly cover the wound before he bled to death. John then decided to go back to the mansion to apologize, and try to make things right. When he came back to the school he found this reality's John and Liam fighting to the death in the graveyard behind the school. He saw Liam in his lycan form; about to kill his father. Ultimate John stepped in and then beheaded Liam.

He then left the school once again, deciding he was still too dangerous as a lycan. Eventually he met up with the man who'd turned him into a lycan, Aldrich. After spending many months with Aldrich John decided he wanted to remove his curse somehow. It had served its purpose to help him bring down Weapon-X and destroy the Phalanx but now it was unnecessary.

Aldrich helped John find a witch named Blackmore, she was strong enough to seal the lycan curse forever inside John's body. He can never shift into a lycan again nor can he use any of the lycanthropy gifts. Still the curse has left small marks on John even though its gone, his eyes still flash yellow when angry, his canines sharpen and his fingernails can still sharpen as well.

Now John has decided to perhaps track Dallas down once again and try to apologize before reuniting with his best friend. Also even though he is no longer a lycan John has begun to use the codename Wolf instead of Feral.

Edited by Flex Cop

I have many opinions on approval for this character, but the majority of tyem are not held objectively. I can note nothing objectively wrong with the character's abilities, nor is there anything objectively wrong in the bio, save for Aldricht's involvement, which should be run by Basilisk, both since he was his character and because he invented this game's lycanthropy.

However, once that point is cleared, there is nothing objectively wrong with the profile. Nevertheless, I am withdrawing from the approval process for this profile.

My fellow staff may do with it what they will.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A) local lawn enforcement

You know how annoying these people are? They bang on your door at two in the morning and complain about the height of your grass. Then you tell them you live in a free nation and will grow your grass however long you want and then they tell you that it's a respectable community and they're just generally irritating.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Something just came to mind.

Why did the kids at Xavier's have such a low opinion of A) local lawn enforcement, and B) the teachers? I can sort of understand A, but it seems that the respect percentage for much of the faculty is low.

Can you blame them? Most of the competent ones are dead, thought dead, or abandoned ship for greener pastures.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Since when do most high school kids have a high level of respect for the faculty at their own school? Sure many kids do, but there's also just as many who spend their time lambasting on how terrible their teachers are.

Now take those kids and give them powers, this often leads either an over inflated ego or an inferiority complex for being a freak. Inflated ego is pretty self explanatory in how it doesn't lead to respect. As for the inferiority complex, well they problem won't have much respect for teachers with the same problems they have and if they do, they'll most likely be quiet about it.

Plus most of the staff are so busy with personal issues they don't have time to do things to cultivate respect.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I know the feel.

All I want is an overgrown lawn.

I know right? Never have to go out on a hot day to cut it, but no; the lawn enforcement come and keep knocking on your door until you get the stupid lawnmower out! :)

They also never attend their classes, like ever. So I can see why they don't think the staff does much.

That's not good... I'm getting more character ideas for Peter though, so maybe it is good.

Can you blame them? Most of the competent ones are dead, thought dead, or abandoned ship for greener pastures. -Tyler

Huh, I can see that.

The group Nero was with found Dallas since hellfire dropped him off. Christine touched Sierra and then turned into a bat wolf thing herself and flew off into the city now the group is heading back to the institute to try to get the blackbird and track her down.

In the city Martt and Aleks found john on the top of oscorp roof. They tried to save him daken fought them Matt and John got away but Matt was killed. That's about what you need to know advent

tl;dr lol im short and tylers a qt

Well spoken.

There's nothing wrong with John as I see his profile right now, but so much of his current backstory revolves around Basilisk and his TBA magic system that I don't feel right approving it until Basilisk calls his witch up to the lists too. He's assured me that should be soonish, so my approval for both profiles - witch and former werewolf - should come at the same time.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

No! This means I have to stop putting off work!

Do you realize what you have done!? :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: CLASSIFIED
Codename: Paladin/Unshakable
Loyalties/Faction: SHIELD/the President.
Power(S): Unlike the prototype implants Heka Lockspur received, Paladin's are movement enhancers, allowing him to move faster and punch harder.

Additionally, nanoweave generators have been added, letting him staunch bleeding easily. This is not a healing factor. The nanoweave cannot replace bones or muscles, only repair skin and other connective tissues.

His final ability is his only range power, that of magnetic push and pull. It's nothing like Magneto's, he can only exert slight brute force with no precision other than directional.

None of his implants have wireless connectivity, and all have SHIELD eternity code encryption. A technopath could still get through, but it'd take a while.
Appearance: Tall and muscular, with pitch black hair cut short and icy blue eyes. His armor is dark too, made of interlocking plates with a wire mesh underlying them. He was handsome, but the large white scar on his cheek and various other previous cuts have diminished that somewhat.
Weapons/Equipment: A suit of improved prototype SHIELD armor, capable of generating a laser blade and shielding the wearer from most kinds of harm, for a limited amount of damage. The HUD shows shield integrity as a percentage and automatically alerts the user to incoming projectiles. The field will recharge, but it takes resting time. Additionally, it cannot repair its own skin, only the shield.
Skills: A crack shot and excellent hand to hand combatant, in addition to being one of the most experienced and tough field commanders SHIELD has.
Personality: Unwaveringly loyal but with a niggling conscience, Paladin is what would be the ideal soldier in an ideal world.

This is not, however, an ideal world.
Weakness: Paladin is, once you get past his enhancements, an ordinary human, and a broken bone is a broken bone.
Bio: CLASSIFIED

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

New profile for approval~

Name: Mycroft Daniels

Codename: N/A

Loyalties/Faction: N/A

Power(S): Mycroft's power has no specific name, at least not one that anyone has come up with. Senory aptitude is close, but it doesn't really fit. Psychometry isn't really accurate either. For his part, Mycroft calls it the "Sherlock Scan". The ability has two parts;

First, his senses are altered. It is difficult to say whether or not they are actually increased, but his observational skills most certainly are. He can from a glance pick up details that other people simply wouldn't catch. However, this is not limited to observation. The second portion of his ability lies within how his mind operates. Mycroft's brain simply isn't structured like everyone else's is. Similarly to how a technopath's is "wired", Mycroft's brain is adapted to handle a massive intakes of sensory data and process it at not only incredible rates but in incredible depth. When presented with a recent crime scene, and given enough time, he can literally recreate the scene in his head with incredible accuracy, provided enough data is available. He can make inferences from data others wouldn't notice, as well. However, this is not the only extent. His mind can make incredible calculations per minute, allowing him to literally, for example, analyze the trajectory of a bullet fired from a gun, and based on the angle of its aim, predict where a second shot will go. He can make similar conclusions from data gained secondhand, but he cannot do so with as much accuracy.

To summarize; Mycroft has incredible powers of observation, able to make note of things that others would overlook or be unable to see. His brain is also wired in such a way that he can take in and process this data at inhuman rates and depths. Due to how his mind operates, telepaths find it overwhelming, and if he is in the middle of a calculation even maddening, to try and read or comprehend his mind.

Appearance: Roughly avage height, Mycroft has somewhat shaggy dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a fairly open, neutral face with slightly sharp facial features. His body is built like a runner's, agile and quick, though due to the long coat he tends to wear it isn't always easy to get a good look. In fact, the size coat he wears tends to make it hard to tell where his body ends and the coat begins, as he doesn't often wear it buttoned. His clothes much of the time could best be described as business casual, and slightly battered and worn as if they've been on the road a good long time. He keeps a pair of glasses in his left breast pocket, ones that he often dons when he's working, though his eyesight is fine.

Weapons: Mycroft has a concealed weapons license, and as such, he carries a small caliber automatic pistol in a holster at his side. Typically, it is hidden from view by his coat.

Skills: Mycroft is very well read, and due to his abilities, is an expert in analysis of all kinds. He has an incredible memory, and his recall often helps in analyzing data and crime scenes. On the physical side, he is fairly nimble, and a decent hand to hand combatant. He is not, however, trained in any one martial art. His fighting style is instead based largely on fighting dirty and pragmatically. Due to the analytical nature of his abilities, he is a highly skilled shot with his weapon, and seems to have an almost supernatural ability to evade the predicted shots of his opponents.

Personality: Mycroft is... Well, a bit odd. He's a friendly person, but he's incredibly quiet, to such an extent that one might, based on limited interaction, consider him antisocial. However, he's a notoriously good person; He charges for his services based upon not only the difficulty of the case, but also on what his client can afford. Because of this, he is almost perpetually lacking in money, something not helped by his wandering lifestyle.

Weakness: Mycroft has two sets of weaknesses. The first set are entirely fictitious, weaknesses he concocted himself to make himself appear more limited than he is. His registered file, which describes his abilities in what the government believes to be full, notes that he must don his glasses for any detailed analysis. They theorize that this is psychological, but in truth, it isn't true. He also made quite sure to ensure that he did not showcase the speed to which he can analyze.

However, aside from the limitations that the government (And anyone who, legally or illegally, obtains his file) believe he has, he does have real limitations. First and foremost, he is physically a normal human being. He is no faster or stronger than any other, and while he can rapidly analyze his opponent's capabilities, there is no guarantee that he is able to act against them. Secondly, his abilities require a degree of focus. While said focus is normally second nature, if one were to deal a head wound such as a concussion, that focus would become very hard to muster.

Bio: Mycroft Daniels was always a smart kid. He and his brother both were. For most of their childhoods, they were intellectually equal, though far beyond the intellect of their peers. However, when he was ten, this changed. In the middle of class, he analyzed the teacher's appearance and came to a conclusion; She was committing insurance fraud. Less than two months later, said teacher was arrested for the same. His brother manifested another power, one equally unusual, even among mutants, but along a very different line. Their parents were... Not all that enthused. They never spoke against them, but they also worked as hard as they could to ensure that word didn't get out. It was something of a conflict for them, he always knew, to love their children and yet hate what they were. Both he and his brother graduated high school two years early, but after that, they went very different ways; His brother departed with barely a word, and never came back. After a few years he all but stopped writing altogether. Mycroft, on the other hand, went to college for a time, but dropped out before he obtained a degree. Nevertheless, he has knowledge enough to be registered as a private detective. Said field is what he has been working in for years; He is the sole investigator from Holmes Investigations, and has taken jobs ranging from disappearances to theft. However, he never really settled down. He is always moving, going from place to place wherever he's needed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG