Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: "You did pretty good yourself," Persephone replied, "And we all got out alive, thats a gold star mission accomplished in my book. Get more of those and you'll be lucky."

She stopped scouring the carbon staining from her armour's gloves for a moment to properly turn to Vivus. "I know it was tough going while we were down there, but they all are. If they were easy SHIELD would send someone else. You should always look back with grace at any mission you can look back on at all, thats what I think."

She was about to return to her work when alarms started bleeping and red lights started flashing. "What the Scheutz?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC

Dr Rachel Thomas sat in her office, like she did most days.

IC: Ashley

Ashley sighed as she walked through the halls of the institute, it had taken her a while to get back, but she'd managed to return the institute without any trouble. Her hangover was gone for the most part, however she still felt exhausted, despite having slept like a baby. Never drinking again...

But that wasn't important right now! She had someone to visit! It was her life's mission to become friends with everyone who was nice, and the next person on her list happened to be right behind the door in front of her. She gave the wood a light tap. 

"Dr. Thomas? It's Ashley Landes! Can I come in? I brought bananas!" She waved the basket in her other hand. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

C:

“Well, isn’t this original.”

The comment, dripping with sarcasm, was nevertheless delivered with an unerring calm. Standing on the bridge of the Helicarrier, the Director of SHIELD eyed the data presented to him, inscrutably regarding the world around him through his one good eye. To anyone else, his resources would have seemed limited; the Avengers were off-site, as were the remnants of Pantheon. His strike force had only just returned, multiple members injured or exhausted. Two of his fighters had been launched minutes prior on an intercept mission. These limitations, against a force with unknown capabilities and extremely high numbers.

Seemed Hydra had finally learned how to make a fair fight.

“Coulson! Get down to the armory. You know what the guns do, pick your favorite. Then get down to C-Deck with your team. Dougan’s crew will handle the cells.” Without breaking up his orders, he turned on the spot and walked away from his command console, towards the hallway. “Hill, the bridge is yours. I seem to recall ordering a few new toys installed when this ship was rebuilt. Use them.”

“Aye, sir, but where are you going?”

“Me? We’ve got guests, don’t we?” Without breaking stride, he glanced back at her. “It’s only polite to greet them.”

Outside, the welcome wagon began to unfold under Maria Hill’s rapid fire instruction. All along the hull, motors whirred as small changes began to occur; panels shifting and realigning, new shapes emerging from previously recessed locations. As a mobile fortress for the most powerful intelligence agency in the world, the Helicarrier had always been formidable.

But after the Battle of New York proved its abilities insufficient, strict requirements had been made, and that formidability became much more tangible. Powerful AA guns were revealed in key locations on the mighty fortress, their barrels swiveling to take immediate, and decisive, action. Namely, unleashing a hail of hot lead upon the incoming hostile targets, automatically pivoting and turning to adapt to changes in target trajectory.

On board, the vessel’s occupants prepared for combat, a preparation spurred on when a very familiar voice sounded over the loudspeakers.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Our new friends’ll be here shortly. We’re fresh out of Avengers, gods, or other such titans, which means it’s time for you lazy bums to pick up the slack.”

“Hydra’s been getting uppity, so you’ve got one order;” There was a pause, as Fury himself crossed his office and exited, his own preparations apparently complete. “Show them exactly where they can stick it.”

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: At the Director's words Harken felt a small grin start to cover his face.  His grip tightened on the handle of his rifle and his stance tightened up, his boots squeaking on the smooth floor. His mind cleared of any extraneous thoughts and focused on the problem at hand.

Lets show our guests how SHIELD deals with unwelcome guests.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Megan [Oscorp]

Megan scowled, and the lights on half the building's floors flickered unsteadily.

Her scowl deepened, her gaze shooting blades into cylindrical device that covered the lower portion of her arm.  Reinforced coils ran up the length of the device, which terminated into a collection of what looked to be batteries arranged in an octagonal fashion, covering her hand.  The device was an industrial grey color, and only partially covered by metal plates, one of which was flipped up to reveal its sparking innards.  Wires ran from various points on the device to monitors and hand-held tablets scattered around, a particularly large one ran from where her wrist would be down to the floor where it snaked along towards a far wall.

A wall which had a rather large hole in it.  A hole that looked suspiciously like someone had taken an industrial-grade plasma cutter to it.  A plasma cutter which just so happened to be lying on the floor next to the hole.  A mess of wires stuck out of the hole like some unseemly growth, ones which looked like they'd normally run the length of the building from top to bottom.  One of which was duct taped to the the comparatively smaller line connected to Megan's arm.

The hum of electricity fill the air, and a arc of power jumped from the duct tape connection to the floor.

Megan tapped a control on the screen of a tablet she was holding, and the hum increased in volume.  Thin lines of static danced across the device's surface as the hum continued to increase in ever louder steps.

Her face was illuminated by a ghostly blue glow coming from the coils surrounding the device, even as the lights around her started to go out one by one.

The sound of electricity was almost earsplitting now, and a second glow, this one coming from the opening on the head of the device, added its own glow to the gloom.

And then the thing blew up in her face, quite literally.  Granted, it wasn't a large explosion, but it was enough to throw her back into the chair that she'd placed there after the first time.  And the lights in Oscorp went out completely, the secondary generators having yet to kick in.

"####."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: While all this was happening, a far more mundane scene played out upon the streets.

The phantom

exterior like fish-eggs

INTERIOR LIKE SUICIDE WRIST-RAGS

Al and his pursuers continued to duck and weave through the urban labyrinth that was downtown NYC. At some point, it had occurred to him that it didn't really matter why the were chasing him.

All that mattered was getting away. So, he continued to work on that.

helo frens

OOC: HYDRA post coming later on tonight. 

IC: Ashley

"Well..." Ashley's body started to fidget, she breathed in. "I've never been to a counselor before and I thought I'd see what it's like plus it seems like no one ever visits you even though we probably all need counselling after all the crazy stuff we've seen and I wanna be your friend too please?" She breathed out, caffeine gave her powers like she could not believe. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC (Romulus)

Romulus regarded the screen and the news report thereon, delivered with the trademarked stiff upper lip the British were so very famous for. They might as well have been reporting on a turtle holding up traffic if one went by voice and appearance alone. Of course, the British had had extensive experience with blitzkriegs and insane Germans in the past, one could hardly blame them for appearing slightly bored. Thistledown, a collection of files in her aged hands, strode up to his desk and carefully arranged the files in order. She stared at the screen for a second and upon viewing the report, pursed her lips into a disapproving frown. "Those suits are unregistered. Being an outlaw is no excuse. No excuse at all." She continued to mutter admonishments against Red Skull's numerous insults to the fine art of bureaucracy as she walked out of the office. 

Romulus, still watching the screen with one eye, flipped open one of the manila folders 

Ah.

Well, this particular garden could use a few more keepers....

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Jennifer

Jennifer grabbed a handful of flash grenades and tucked them away before grabbing extra Magazines for her rifle and a few fresh ones for her pistol, she made sure her SHIELD combat armor was still on and in good condition before leaving the armory and flying down the hallway after Harken.

"I can attempt to hack then security cameras on the ourside and see what is coming our way but I'm afraid the techs would see me as a threat it I tried." She said to Tokiomi.

IC: "Harken started walking, the rest of the small group following as they asked their question.

"Our firewalls are not exactly easy to crack, agent. And besides, why steal when you can just ask?"

His free hand reached in to one of the many pouches on the vest and pulled out a SHIELD issue PDA. Giving the finger scanner a quick swipe unlocked it after the device made sure he was who he said he was. Typing in a quick search had the PDA connecting to the ship's computer systems, the two system exchanging passwords and confirmation before the screen split in half. One side showed what the ship's radar was picking up while the other half showed the feed from one of the exterior cameras.

"That looks disturbingly like an Iron Man suit. Seems that some of the are heading for this section of the hull." Harken said, pointing at a spot on the radar image. A few finger swipes brought up a rough map of the ship.

"Lets head down to intersection C19. It should allow us to respond to any boarding attempts in that area quickly."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Staff IC:

The HYDRA drones began to fly around the helicarrier like a swarm, all in different, circular directions, making them difficult targets. It was rather unnerving. Then several broke off, approaching close the the helicarrier, as they go within range they fired their repulsors or unibeams at the carrier before retreating back into their circular pattern. The drones began to do this at random intervals at random locations on the Helicarrier. With no apparent pattern, they seemed content to attack at random.

IC: Krystal 

Krystal walked in behind Harken, her body covered in fur and wielding what appeared to be an enormous weapon, one that couldn't possible be carried by a person of normal strength, much less used. 

"I have a feeling this might come in handy." 

IC: Red Skull

Red Skull's hideous face appeared on most people's television at this moment, something people were sick of seeing and yet couldn't stop watching. He had a gleam in his eye, which meant some serious boasting was probably about to occur. 

"As you can see, citizens of the world, SHIELD is once again unprepared for the might that is HYDRA!" He said proudly. "See how their mighty helicarrier is besieged by my iron army. Is this the SHIELD that you want protecting you, keeping you safe and secure? They can't even keep themselves safe." 

Red Skull pointed at himself. "I however...have the power to protect those who will join HYDRA...we can unite the world under one banner, humanity...mutant...inhumans....aliens....join me and I promise to lead Earth into a new glorious age, where you will be safe, secure, and powerful. Either join the age of HYDRA, or be crushed under our heel!" He slammed his fist into the arm of his chair. 

"The armies of HYDRA which you fear can become your salvation, if you let it...or you can end up like Mr. Stark..." The camera swirled to an Iron Man suit that was instantly familiar, the face plate cracked open as it opened up to reveal the wearer of the suit. Red hair, brown eyes, half his face had been replaced by cold steel and mechanic parts but there was no mistake who it was, the late Howard Stark. He stared blankly into the camera, no emotion or reaction. 

"One way or the other, you can serve HYDRA...in life, or death!" The feed cut out to static. 

IC: Tasha

Glass shattered, wine spilled on the floor. Tasha looked more white than usual as she stared, transfixed at the massive television screen. JARVIS was busy trying to confirm if it had indeed been Howard Stark they'd seen, but she already knew the truth. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC: "Glad you could join us. And, judging from this video," He held up the PDA so that Krystal could see it." that will certainly come in handy."

He resumed walking, trying to gauge where a breakthrough might occur from what he knew about the carrier's armor and the average force of the enemy's weapon systems.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Oh, Jesus Christ!" Ric Carlisle swore louder. "Lacey, hold off on the Secretary. Call Lynae. Tell her that the Avengers branding on the gala? I want it gone - at the very least, eradicate everything with the Stark name or brand on it. If it's Iron Man related, don't want it within ten blocks of the ballroom. And then call Kyle. And then call the Secretary.." She couldn't help but notice Alaric hadn't paid much attention to the actual cyborg, or even the attack on the Helicarrier. It was all damage control.

IC:

You could have heard a pin drop in Stark Tower. Numbly, Erin Banner reached up and muted the TV, but too late - the feed had already cut to static. Tasha got up and left the room quietly; with a quick look at James, Brando went and followed her out, closing the door behind him. Stark ducked down a side hallway, and then took a right, but Brando knew Stark Tower as well as anyone and had taken another shortcut to stop her. In the time it took her to bounce off his chest, Barton had wrapped his arms around Tasha in a tight hug. She couldn't even find it in her to speak.

"It's okay," Marlon Barton assured the newest Avenger quietly. "It's okay. There's no one else here. You can do whatever you need to do."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

Once the alarms began to blare, Vivus looked around confusedly. "What the heck?!" he muttered, strapping his helmet back on. "Persephone, I'm guessing we've got another fight on our hands.... I guess there's no rest for the weary...." the android sighed, running while putting on the jetpack again if he needed it. 

Running past the hallways, using the jet boosters on his mechanical legs to move faster, Fury's announcement ringing through the hallways. Right... We're all tired but... We've survived what HYDRA threw at us before... Vivus thought. And failing right after would be horrid timing.....

Once at the armory, the red and blue android scrambled to equip himself, carrying the exact same loadout from the infiltration mission, which consisted of stun and fragmentation grenades. After restocking his shoulder cannon as well, Vivus ran out of the hallway, appreciating the fact that his robotic natures meant he did not tire nearly as easily as the humans he was created to mimic. Just then, on a television screen, the Red Skull broadcast appeared. Once it finished, Vivus took it as a challenge. ....Fury's right, we're not the Avengers or anything.... But if Red Skull thinks he's won already... Well, he's got another thing coming....

Running through the Helicarrier, Vivus stumbled upon Harken, Krystal, and Jennifer from the previous mission. "Guys!" he called out. "What's the plan?"

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC Tokiomi

Looking over at Harken's PDA, Tokiomi gave his default indescript look of curiosity. "They do not appear to have any intention to board at the moment, meaning that the only response to them would be the Helicarrier's antiaircraft guns. However, they currently possess air superiority, so unless we were to coordinate a rush very specifically, any attempt at air combat would be shut down. Perhaps the fighters could try to break through the encirclement and get into guided missile range; that depends on whether the Helicarrier has slingshot type launching bays, so the usefulness of that would be dubious. Would smoke work? No, they fly too fast... An EMP pulse might disable them but would also disable us, no to that... Jamming their comm signals might be effective, assuming they're being directed by remote. Or perhaps a hack?" Tokiomi continued listing off random anti-air and anti-drone strategies by rote, running the possibilities through his mind.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: Tasha

Tasha seemed paralyzed in Brando's arms, she didn't want to cry in front of anyone...she couldn't...she tried her hardest to keep herself calm...she couldn't break down now...what would that make her look like? 

A tear fell down her cheek, then another...and another...there was nothing she could do to stop it. How could they do this to her brother!? It wasn't enough that they'd killed him!? She felt frustrated, angry...the empty look on his face...

She let out a scream. 

IC: "I'm only a team leader. Any suggestions you have would need to be OKed by the commander of the bridge. You should have clearance to at least request a comm channel."

They were reaching the intersection now, and Harken leaned against a nearby wall. A flick of the wrist sent the feed from his PDA over to a nearby wall screen where the rest of the team could see it without crowding him.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Everyone had their own way of grieving, Barton had learned. Tasha screamed, tears streaming down her face, and Marlon hugged her a little tighter. JARVIS said something in his ear; Tasha's scream petered out as her throat started to run raw. The Avenger took a deep breath and felt her tears soak into his shirt [there had been an empty casket at Katherine's funeral] while she tried to stop herself from crying [a jumpy ten year old boy was singularly still, bolt upright, staring at a body in the other casket, angry eyes staring through unruly dark hair] but only ended up quivering more [it was the exact way he'd looked at the slab where Maria Hill was storing Noel's body, staring at the formless metal box with the same pleading look] when the sobs started all over. [We left Stark to die.]

We left Stark to die.

"Stark, listen to me: do you want to kill some Nazis?" Barton asked. "Because say the word, and we can gear up. Take a couple suits and fly up there. But...that...he was your brother. This is your war as much as it is any of ours. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, after New York...when Howard and Noel--" and his voice caught despite itself "--I was lost. And all I could...can think about is...just...the death. Killing as many as I can before they get me. Putting a bullet in Red Skull's swollen teste looking head. If it weren't for my kid, you know, I might not have..."

He trailed off.

"We're Avengers. The reason you're here is on that TV screen in there. You want to avenge him? Take down that thing wearing his skin? Fine. I can do that. But I'll do it on your time. Not on Red Skull's."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic:

Meanwhile in a shopping mall where the broadcast was being played, Kristen watched with slight interest to current events, still waiting for dal to stop texting and tell them the plan.

"You know, if that guy wasn't nazi-skeletor, in which his face is the colour of blood, wasn't attacking Shield outright, wasn't saying 'join us or die', or planning to conquer the world, I'd be a bit tempted to join up with him," Kristen whispered to Dallas.

IC:

"So basically...if everything about them was erased, you'd join them?" Dal asked skeptically, sparing the TV nothing more than a cursory glance. "I don't see it. Guy looks like a schmucky tube of lip gloss."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC 

The counsellor absently shuffled a pile of immaculately stacked papers, holding back a wry smile. "Of course we can be friends. You can always come talk to me about anything, whenever you need to."

She set the papers down, in the same place as before.

"A visit with a counsellor isn't really anything remarkable," she said. "I'm just here to talk."

IC

it's ok if you want to see other baristas................. i already know none of them can hold a candle to one of my fraps so im not insecure about it or anything

IC: (Asa Thurman)

Asa wrapped her arms around Daken as she leaned against him in the bed, that playful smirk every present on her lips, though her eyes remained closed. She opened her mouth speaking softly.

"You know I have a couple of dresses I recently purchased, perhaps I could show you them before we head off?" Her eyes opened and looked at Daken, expecting a response.

IC: (Sakuya "Sake" Harada)

Sakuya's bus ride to downtown Westchester had been uneventful, she was hungry and also a little bored, besides some Five Guys burgers were sounding absolutely delicious at the moment. Her headphones were fitted over her ears as she listened to various Sleigh Bells tracks. The bus slowed down and she looked up, it was her stop, stepping off the bus she opened the door and walked inside. Shutting off her iPod, wrapping the headphones around it she walked up, seeing two familiar faces from school.

"What a coincidence, hello Dallas and Alex," Sakuya spoke. Sakuya had auburn hair, cut in a short bob. She had fierce dark green eyes and she was wearing her favorite backless tank top, a black one with the word riot, in bold capital letters. She wore blue jeans that had definitely seem some experience and a black leather jacket to cover her exposed back. She had heard of Dallas and Alex, never really met either of them in person. Was one of those things where she never bumped into them.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Daken raised an eyebrow and ruffled Asa's hair with a hand when she looked up at him. "Dresses? For what? I was thinking I'd ask Nate to come with me. Tuxes are easier to grade than dresses."

The look on Asa Thurman's face could have made a kitten implode in sadness. Akihiro rolled his eyes and pushed that happy image out of his head, laying back down on the bed.

"Fine. You win: Asa Thurman, will you go to the Hellfire Gala with me and intimidate rich people with how young and edgy you are?"

IC:

Dallas turned around at the greeting and tilted his head at the unfamiliar punk girl looking at them. Well...not totally unfamiliar...but mostly. If he'd seen her before, it was only once or twice at--

HOTFLASHOFRED

--wow was she fired up about something. Dallas' empathy readings coiled back in shock at how passionate she was, seemingly not about anything at all. Was she gonna break his neck if he didn't say hi?

"Uh...hi."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: An army. An army of drones. She couldn't fight an army of drones. Not even if the repairs had been completed yesterday, not even if she was on full power. The HYDRA guards at the base were an army but they were human. They felt fear at things like missiles being thrown at them, they balked at extreme heat, you could attempt to herd or scatter them depending on how you wanted a fight to go.

But drones? Drones were relentless. They weren't braver than humans, they were just stupid. They didn't know to run when there was a hole punched through their torso, they wouldn't fall back because they'd lost an arm, they'd only notice a wound if it completely destroyed them.

So, with no ideas on what to do next, Persephone headed for the helicarrier's bridge. Someone there would have a plan, they'd know what to do...

IC: Alec was rapidly realising that solving the mystery of who raided the fridge would be a lot easier if he had any idea how to solve mysteries. Couldn't even get his arm to whip up a magnifying glass, it couldn't manage the lenses. Bah, they always made it look so easy on the TV. They just spotted some trivial clue or connection, or stared deeply at a transparent board, or looked for the biggest guest star. And since there were no guest stars at the Institute that meant some actual legwork. Bah again. 

Well best start with some suspects. He had no idea who might be the likely suspects so time to start pointing fingers randomly and hope someone confessed put of fear. Where was that d-bag who gave Kristen a hard time, he'd love to make something stick on that guy...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Tokiomi

At Harken's suggestion, Tokiomi opened a comm channel to the bridge. His first two ideas would just need to be checked with them before being implemented, while the others would need more preparation. "Agent Nagato to Bridge: do we have jamming equipment that works on the frequency that these drones operate on? Assuming they're even being controlled by remote. Second, would the Helicarrier be able to survive an EMP without losing altitude?"

While waiting for a response, Tokiomi thought of his other ideas. Simply waiting for the drones to attempt boarding wouldn't work, seeing as they appeared to be designed for aerial combat and were using an aerial combat strategy. He could phone the ground bases and ask for some SAM strikes, but that would be risky; what if they missed and struck the Helicarrier? Stark Tower might have something with less risk of friendly fire, but what exactly? Still, it would be worth a call, just to check inventory. "If we can add a third party," he muttered to himself, "We could take some of the heat off of us and stretch their focus..."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC

As everyone ate cake and smiled, Lynae snuck out with Simon in her arms. She quickly walked up to her room, a bittersweet smile on her lips as she sat down in front of her tv, automatically tuning in to BBC.

The vampire didn't know what to say as she watched what unfolded on screen.

IC:

Dallas looked over his phone at Card again and then silently pocketed it, throwing one arm around her shoulder lazily and brushing his hair back. "Enough of that , kid. You got me. I'll stick with you - and c'mon, you know me, when's the last time I got hurt? Huh? Exactly."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic:

"I'm not sure..." She mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear. The only problem was. Was that she was sure.

Dal and that bus... From the barest of things she heard, she could assume he tried to kill himself... That was when the sleepers attacked. The thought that he would try to do that to himself... It wasn't a comforting thought.