BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Charek): "Better to live and reclaim your honor another day than die and let your legacy rot in the mud."  Listening to Zealot's banter was starting to become tedious.

OOC: Charek is a bit of an opportunist himself, so he might have taken that a bit personally.  Not that he'd ever say that out loud.  :P

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Verulas scowled at Zealot's comment.

"Honor may earn you some respect, but it's also just as likely to get you killed. Best remember that, Frosty," he said.

The Bo-Toa was also going to mention how it didn't exactly fit in with their job discription as well, but that would've blown his cover, so he decided to focus his attention on the battle once more. Septima couldn't help but smile at his remark, but quickly made it look like she was paying attention on the fight in front of her in an attempt to hide it.

Dravennica became quite uneasy for some reason as Echelon released the Ta-Matoran and let her fall back towards the floor. She craned her head back, watching her gasp for air before moving her eyes towards the inner doors to the Sanctum. It was most likely nothing, but her gut was telling her that something was very, very wrong here, and all she knew was that she didn't like it one bit.

Zenithex turned to Sir Thentyle.

"I have already taken the liberty of obtaining a sacrifice, fellow Knight," the Lesterin said as he ducked into the room where he had stashed the female Ta-Toa and re-emerged with her unconcious body slung over his shoulder. "It would prove to be more beneficial if I were the one to transport her, as I am highly resistant to her elemental abilities. I will leave the honor of disposing of the rest of the heathens to you."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Faora

"Better to live and reclaim your honor another day than die and let your legacy rot in the mud."

"Better for whom?" Faora asked, turning to look at the Toa of Plasma. He sounded annoyed with Zealot. "Honor that can be tossed aside for the sake of convenience, only to be picked up later when it is convenient to do so, can hardly truly be called honor."

Turning her attention to Verulas, she tried to suppress an uncharacteristic sense of annoyance at his referring to Zealot as "Frosty" and said, "Honor can lead to death, yes, and for some people that is reason enough to avoid it. But not everyone desires survival above all else. Zealot himself basically said he would prefer dying with--or, perhaps, because of--honor, rather than surviving without it."

Where did that come from? She was used to playing multiple sides of an argument, but she found herself getting more involved with one side this time.

Edited by (Daedalus)
  • Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: (Thentyle)

He nodded, taking up his spear to finish the job. He had no fondness for killing, but he had to do his duty to Ak'rei'an.

"Proceed, Sir Knight."

OOC: Let's wait for Ghosthands to timeskip before posting further.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Veteran.

"You got it, mate," Veteran said to Tracer. "Survival's been my first priority ever since I lost my eye. It's the reason I'm still here; still alive."

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Honor is a perception, nothing else." Zero said quietly. She had thought of herself as an honorable being once. Long, long ago.

"With time, honor becomes transparent. When you spend enough time looking at yourself in the mirror, you find that beneath it all you're the same dull grey as everyone else. A potential for good, a potential for evil."

Her eyes grew sullen as she continued to watch the fight. All this talk of morale made her weary. The only way the world could live on and fuction properly was with balance. Too much light, and the world would drown and grow corrupt in its own radiance. Too much darkness, and the world would shrivel up and fade like a dying flower.

• Upvote 1

IC Forger

Before the dome closes above, I catch a glimpse of Rehkyt, he is magnetized to the wall. I begin to create anot-

The attack is stopped, my gauntlets pulling me to the, no. Pushing me to the floor. He must have magnetized the dome to the same polarity as my gauntlets, so as long as it is standing, I'll be scrounging down on the floor. Taking them off would be impossible from my current position. I need to pinpoint Rehkyt's location.

My breathing is harsh and ragged, I can't hear anything over it, I take a deep breath and hold it.

Heartbeat, my own

Outside noises, dull and muffled

Breathing, not my own. Above and opposite me

I have a plan in mind, bending and warping the dome will bring me closer to him. If I can get close enough, his own magnetic field will overwhelm the dome's, I'll be pulled towards him. Very quickly and very painfully, if I can land a hit with the momentum.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Verulas glanced over at the De-Lesterin he didn't recognise, noting how quickly she had jumped up to defend the Ko-Toa.

Perhaps they were starting a relationship on the side and were hoping to keep it hidden from the others?

It didn't really matter to him either way, although it did change his perception of Zealot a bit. In the end, he ended up merely shaking his head and turning his attention back towards the fight.

"Defend him all you want, lady," he said, no longer in the mood to discuss the subject. "It still doesn't give him the right to be all judgemental about the way Rekhyt fights his battles. Last time I checked, the club was open to anyone, and things like gender, species, honor and religion didn't matter. Now personally, rules and I don't normally get along too well, but I think that's one that even I can live with."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Enforcer.

I had been silently monitoring the conversation, but felt that now was the time to add my voice.

"Noble or not, honourable or not; Rekhyt's strategy won't help him now," I say confidently, "Forger has him right where he wants him."

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Zealot

"It would seem"
Zealot smiled "that fighting without nobility has a cost. Perhaps even your precious survival." He slowly brought his pipe back to his lips "And I end with this to ponder: if you spend your life consumed with only surviving, you will be overcome by selfishness. Honor is not ambiguous, nor is it abstract. Honor is serving and caring for the needs of others."

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

I glare at Zealot. "I used to be noble, and honourable. I had someone I cared about, more than anything or anyone else. She betrayed me. Ruined my life, ripped away everything I had and forced me to flee from my home."

I incline my head towards Veteran. "Later, she did the same thing to him, and took his eye as well."

I focus on Zealot once more. "Nobility and honour are admirable qualities, but in our line of work, they'll get you nothing but a knife in your back."

• Upvote 1

IC Zealot 

The one who was now called Zealot was filled with sadness as his mind was overwhelmed with memories.
Memories of the one who had once called him "Veneras".

His hand moved nervously back to the icon which hid in his pocket

His voice shook

"I too have experienced great loss" he said to enforcer "I too have tasted betrayal"

his words were shaky, like his throat had frozen over

"Betrayal is a quality of dishonor. I swore to be the solution."
his tear stained eyes locked with the Enforcers
"and what have you done?"

• Upvote 1

--Character Profiles--

"I survived," I rasp, "and found a home, and friends. Unlike you, I don't seek to change the world. I merely want my own place in it."

I cast a cautious glance towards Veteran; he hasn't spoken. I worry that mentioning his eye has dug up some long-buried memories.

"If you disagree with our cause, why are you here?" I challenge Zealot. "Because you have nowhere else to go? Or is it because, somewhere deep down, you want to be here?"

IC: Xxeth

As Echelon walked toward the Wall of Prophecy, Xxeth followed him. 

"Now...I don't know if now is a bad time, so feel free to shut me up but...you wouldn't happen to have Skyra Daring's old body on you somewhere would you? I'm mostly just curious honestly, I've only tried to kill my...sibling a dozen or so times in the past, wouldn't mind seeing it for myself." 

There was a good chance Echelon didn't have the body but...who the karz else would have stolen it from the morgue? Only this sicko great leader. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Zealot

Zealot was not threatened. He knew why he was there
"because I have found there is more honor in those who pretend to have none" he looked angrily towards the tren krom break "than the Akiri who lie under the pretense of nobility."

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute
  • Upvote 2

--Character Profiles--

I ponder his words for a few moments, then nod once, in approval. Those are reasons I can understand.

The argument resolved - at least for me - I resume watching the battle. Or rather, I resume watching the motionless metal bubble inside which the battle is taking place.

• Upvote 1

IC: Faora

Emotion. E-M-O-T-I-O-N.

The word was unfamiliar, distant. It was one she saw everywhere, but only in others. She had never felt much in the way of emotion; not because she didn't have any, she just never had a reason to feel them. She lived in Onu-Koro, she did a job, she got paid. Done. Move on to the next. She traveled Mata Nui, did a job, got paid. Done. Move on to the next. No permanent connections, no ties. The Outsiders wasn't supposed to be much different. Get a steady stream of jobs, do them, get payment or the reward of a job well done. Done. Move on to the next. The only differences were supposed to be the steadiness and the camaraderie. There wasn't supposed to be emotion.

But when Zealot spoke of loss, when his hand drifted to his pocket... Everything else said by the others seemed to pass her ears unheard.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! she screamed within her mind.

She stopped using her mask and stared in the general direction of the duelers.

Her vision was even blurrier than usual.

• Upvote 5

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC (Rorg)

We have searched the Citadel. Eliminated those men and women were foolish enough to stand and fight. Those wiser retreated. My companions and I paid them no heed: our target was no less than the Captain herself.

But we did not find her. Though what little knowledge I have points to Korzaa being the type of being who will stand her ground until fire and death, she is not here. Her guards fight well enough, but they are in disarray. Something is wrong. She is dead, or escaped. The former is less problematic than the latter: alive, she can still fight, and it is all too likely she will.

We return to Echelon empty-handed, bearing nothing save new scratches and burns delivered from the spears and swords of our foes. He will not be pleased, but there is nothing I can do to change reality. Korzaa is dead, or she is escaped. Either way, she is out of our reach.

IC: Crab

Crab laid in the snow, silent. His claws were etched with frost and his faceplate was covered in snow. He lay there, waiting. His arms felt numb the longer he stayed in this position.

He didn't know whether he wanted to die or if he was tired. All he knew was wait.  He must wait and rest.

IC: Septima watched on, the smile on her lips disappearing as the conversation between the Ko-Toa and the Vortixx reminded her of the day she was forced to watch Xa-Koro sink, taking the remaining members of her guild with it. Verulas glanced at her, doing a quick double take before staring at the other two mercs.

"Want me to go over there and tell them to shut it? I'm getting a bit tired of them bleeding their hearts out myself," he said as he took another sip from his beer.

"It's fine," she said. "Their pasts are their pasts, after all; they have every right to talk about them as much as they please."

"Yeah... I suppose...," the Bo-Toa continued. "But they don't have the right to make others keep reliving their own."

"You too, huh?"

"Nope. I just pushed it down really deep one day, and it hasn't returned since. I guess that means that I just don't care about it as much as everyone else does."

"So you've never loved or lost anyone important to you before?"

"Loved? Karz, no. People start doing crazy things over stuff like that. Best just to keep it simple," he laughed. "But I have lost my fair share of people, yeah."

The Fe-Toa turned towards him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And you just don't care that they're gone? That seems a little cold," she said.

"Look, the way I see it, they're all dead; plain and simple. I couldn't do anything about it then, and I sure as Karz can't do anything about it now. Worst case scenario, they're probably waiting for someone to come along and punch my ticket; at best, they'd want me to live on and not obsess over them, or some other such bull. Either way, the chapter's already been written; it's just better to move on and keep turning the pages until you finish the book. Now if you don't mind, I'd rather not have this conversation."

"Well, if it's too painful for-"

Verulas let out a chuckle as he shook his head.

"Painful? Boring's more like it," he said. "Every time I hear someone bring up their past, it's always about them dwelling on something supposedly so awful that it prevents them from living out the rest of their lives to the fullest. Well, guess what, people? That's life. That's the norm. That kind of Karz happens on a daily basis, and if it's not happening to you right now, you can definitely be sure that it's happening to someone else. Tell you what; the day that I can whip up a ship using only leaves, seeds, and my good looks, and use it to sail off into space to fight off an invasion of eighth-dimensional, flying octopi will be the day that I'll start talking about my past, because then I'll have managed to do something that no one else has on this entire planet has done before."

Septima leaned backwards a little, taking in the entirety Bo-Toa's outburst before turning back to the fight.

"Well, in the event that you want to stop believing in that utter Karz you keep forcing down your throat before I leave, I'll be willing to listen to whatever you feel like sharing," she mumbled.

He sighed, shaking his head as he turned his attention back towards Rekhyt's duel.

OOC: I'm cool with that, House.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Scholar (Obsidian Outpost)

Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3

Scholar continued watching the fight as he returned to his seat, leaning further forward as the metal dome enclosed the two fighters.

IC: Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 3

Having healed Champion, Ayar was left on her own in the armoury. Just before she went out the door to return to the courtyard, she heard some strange noises. Thumps. Like an impotent Skakdi attempting to escape from his room of imprisonment. She dashed up the stairs to her room, where, after absorbing the metallic door, she found Marauder jiggling about on his chair like a wind-up Onu-Koronan toy, his blindfold still firmly fused to his face.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" she said.

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro Sanctum)

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 1

I return to the Sanctum doors, moving aside respectfully for Echelon. Bored after the excitement of Dayeth's near-death, I go to slip out of the Citadel and back into the wider Koro. But I don't. As I open the left-hand door slowly, the metal gliding silently on well-oiled hinges, I am met with the sight of two Toa right in front of me, a Le-Toa and a Ta-Toa, both sporting strange masks and... No. No. The engineers of Makuta's demise.

The Maru.

"Well, hello, gentlemen," I hiss with a grin, hiding my apprehension at meeting god-killers with a burst of impact vision directed at the Ta-Toa.   

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC-Aurorin

"It's hard to reason with a cold, emotionless psychopath anyway."

IC Essie In her typical monotone, she said "Index Nine: I have no psychology. Therefore, I do not possess a diseased psychology."

"We've got to get out of Ko-Koro."

IC Essie "I am wholly unfamiliar with the geography of this island."

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Kimala

She was about to say that her worth as a Toa was the last thing she'd proven, but they'd gone. Just as well, she supposed. Time was of the essence. She made her way toward the Sanctum to keep watch. A part of her doubted the Maru would find whatever was inside to be easily handled between just the two of them, but she held onto hope.

And admittedly, her biggest worry was that they would leave without her.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: (Mortem/Sanctum)

I spin round to see what Khil is doing, turning my attention from Dayeth.

IC: (Rekht/Obsidian Outpost)

As he made contact with the ceiling, the Fa-Toa finally understood what Forger was trying to do: with no light, it would be hard to direct his teleportation powers...

Well in that case, we need light.

Rekhyt became still and silent, listening carefully for any sign of where the Fe-Toa was...he noticed quiet breathing, echoing around the metallic dome until it sounded like tens of people.

Rekhyt could sense the magnetism all around him, the planet's poles, the faint pull towards Forger, another towards the patch of magnetized ceiling, his knife sticking onto Forger, the place where the Fe-Toa's knees had been magnetized to his face and his hands to his back earlier, the traces of energy from the magnetized metal that Forger had re-absorbed...

In his mind's eye, it appeared as glowing strands and centres of light, shimmering red or blue with their polarization, the light seeping between the sources of magnetism in an attempt to get closer or further from each other...

At least, that was the best way to describe it. Without sensing it for yourself, it was as hard as trying to imagine what ultraviolet light looks like.

Soundlessly, Rekhyt pointed the laser rifle towards the biggest magnet, Forger, and fired.

Not just one shot, but four, the bursts of energy illuminating the inside of the metal dome like strobe lighting and, Rekhyt found with satisfaction, heading for Forger.

As the laser energy flew towards the Fe-Toa, Rekhyt slashed at the thin metal of the dome, creating a small gash and, sticking his eye to the hole (which was about two inches long and a centimetre wide), quick-traveled outside, appearing on top of the dome.

With a quick hand gesture, he sealed the hole and de-magnetized himself from the roof of the dome and Forger. 

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

As Yeri was about to answer my questions, some Toa sat down nearby, and the Lesterin offered him a drink. The Toa refused, and Yeri got mad. I step closer, put my hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, please." I don't know who the Toa is, but he might be someone important, and I don't want Zero to get mad. I look at the Toa, covered by a large cloak, his eyes glowing red. "Who are you?" I ask.

IC: Varan

Varan looked at Champion, then Yeri, then back at Champion. His face showed no sign of fear - only discipline and wisdom. He cleared his throat and replied, "My name is Varan, an old friend of Zero's and the originial Outsiders. I've come hoping your leader will honor an old debt."

IC: Marauder

Marauder barely heard the voice - he had been so concentrated on his struggle that all other distractions were invisible to him. When he did finally hear the Toa, he struggled even harder. His chest heaving with exhaustion, he croaked weakly, "Let me go!"

Edited by Jakura Nuva

The Collector Of Masks

IC: The Collector Of Masks climbed the crest of the hill and looked around.

"Ko-Wahi", he said, smiling.

He began the trek down the slope towards Ko-Koro.

OOC: Open for interaction.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

"Very well. Go talk with Zero after the trial." I swear I've heard that name before, although his face is unfamiliar. Does he know that I was one of the first members of the group? Not that I actually care. Anyways, he already seems to be waiting, so maybe he knows that Zero doesn't like to be interrupted too much during recruit trials. "And don't irritate Yeri, or anyone else for that matter. Just enjoy the show", I say. The smell of tobacco is irritating me, so I turn around and walk away, coughing a few times. I still have no idea why Miira or anone else could breathe so much of that disgusting grey smoke.

I stop to observe the trials, somewhat surprised to see a large metal dome. I can't see the recruit or Forger anywhere.. Oh, there's the recruit, appearing on top of the strange construction. He seems to have an advanced laser rifle (those things are very rare and expensive), so I'm impressed if Forger is still unscathed. Interested, I cross my arms and watch.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Forger

Unscathed would be the wrong word to describe Forger, in no position to dodge, and only quick enough to block two of the four shots with a metallic barrier, the remaining two drill into his back. One strikes his upper back, the armor thick enough that only the heat reaches his skin, searing it. The second hits him low on the abdomen, piercing through armor, skin, muscle and bone before fizzling out in the snow covered ground.

Between the heat cauterizing the wound and metal he quickly forms in it, he is not bleeding. But it is a wound he cannot continue to fight with.

He inverts the dome, catching the Fa-Toa on top in a metallic cocoon. Forger gets up, supporting himself with a sword. The metal covers his face, but he could still hear me.

"Your skills with your element are impressive, you're quick on your feet and react well to disadvantageous situations," Forger reabsorbs the metallic cocoon, "were this a true battle, I think either of us could've taken it. As it is, I am in no condition to continue." The Fe-Toa offers his hand to Rehkyt, "well done."

...but close to it

IC-Aurorin

Aurorin Handed out a bandage and a blunt charcoal stick. "Will this do?"

OOC

I'm not sure how long it is until the timeskip, but I'll make it so that the outcasts travel to Ga-Wahi Afterwards. Maybe Crab could menace us during the journey, but I think that that 2 Characters portrayed by a user would be enough in one trip.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Razsk

Razsk takes them and quickly draws a basic map of the island.  "I'm not an artist, but the island looks a bit like this.  We're here, in Ko Wahi.  There's ko-koro, where we just were, and here's ihu koro, where we are now."  He continues drawing, until each of the main koros and wahis are labeled, along with a few notable landmarks.  He hands the map to Essie.  "That's the best I can do.  If I see a real map I'll show you, but for now that should help."

"Well, well, well... would you look at that," Verulas said triumphantly, holding his hand out towards Septima. "Looks like I won. Time to pay up."

The Fe-Toa shoved her hand into her satchel, pulling out a bag of fifty widgets before tossing them towards the Bo-Toa. The loss didn't bother her any; she would have it back before she even crossed the Break.

"It's about time I made myself scarce anyway," she said. "It's been fun, but do you think that you could help me with that little issue with the cable car now?"

He nodded.

"Hold on a second," he said.

He made his way over to the one-eyed Ta-Skakdi who greeted them when they arrived the first time around, tapping him on the shoulder before lowering his voice.

"We've got a problem," he said flatly, pointing at Septima. "The guy who usually operates the cable car isn't at his post, and we've had someone here who's wanted to take a trip into Ta-Wahi for a while now. She currently thinks that we're Ko-Koro's finest, but it might be best if we got her out of here before someone unintentionally blows our cover, and I don't know how to operate the thing."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran.

"Bloody , mate," Veteran muttered, "I swear I end up doin' everythin' around here." He gestured for Verulas and Septima to follow him.

• Upvote 2