BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Akimoto)

"There's enough riches here to buy the Archipelago," Aki replied hopelessly. "And they don't even care! A native just straight up gave me this."

She brandished a necklace strung with alternating beads of copper and iron.

"I mean, I could buy a room in the Palace with this."

IC: Asa

Asa blinked.

She knew metal was rare, but it never really clicked with her just how valuable it was.

"Uh, wut?"

Maybe because this was probably the first time in a decade or two she even thought of metal.

It would catch up with her right... About... Wait for it... Any second now...

(C'mon, be patient)

(Okay, this is taking too long)

(Um, excuse us, we're experiencing some technical difficulties, please stand by)

... Now.

"By Mother Zuto, you're right!" Asa exclaimed. She wondered why it took so long to figure it out herself.

Wait.

Back the chariot up.

Something was nagging out her mind...

"... Metal is expensive because it is rare... Metal is cheap here because apparently there's a lot of it..."

"Akimoto, we can't take too much of this back."

• Upvote 3

IC: Nekka

"Wha- oh, well, I'm nervous here. I think the matoran here are afraid of me, or worse, they're judging me." Nekka said to Ashala. She had caught more matoran staring at her in fear or judgement, and it was really upsetting her. I hope nobody reports me or anything, Nekka thought to herself. She was afraid of her race's reputation. As she kept up with Ashala her fears began piling up on her as she closed her eyes tightly, peeking out of one eye just to make sure she didn't walk into any sort of danger. I'm so scared, she thought. Unbeknownst to her, the matoran that were staring at her started to divert their attention from her, as if they knew that their judgmental gazing was making her uncomfortable.

IC: Ashala

"Just calm down Nekka," Ashala said. "It's in your head, as long as you dont hurt anyone they have no reason to fear you. Love will overcome any hate, remember that."

The guard now lead them to the Marine HQ. She approached the front door with the injured Londar.

"I have grave information, about an attack ok Ko-Koro." She told the Marine guard.

OOC: Reintroduction!

IC: (Mons Shajs)

"There'a be Toa who'a canna make metal outta thin air," Shajs said, standing next to Trieze. "They ain't as comman as say, tha Toa 'o Water, but ther'a are many 'o em. Karz, if what yer sayin' is true, one 'o em could destabilize yer econ'ome!"

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Beetles that ate through trees?

It was quickly becoming apparent to Shu that this was not the safest island that they could've washed up on.

"Days ago...?" Aine asked. "Well, that settles it. Any chance you had of talking us out of bringing you to the hospital just evaporated."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Zaara.

"I wasn't planning to talk anyone out of anything." The pain in the back of her skull had faded to a dull, throbbing ache. As Zaara's thoughts began to clear, she found it easier to think and speak properly, "Which way is the hospital?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Riiiight." Hahli shrugged at the bewildering arrival and looked back to the two Dasaka. "I just came from Ta-Koro, to the south. These...Piraka you speak of blew up an inn, vandalized one of our island's sacred temples, and killed about two dozen people. Any information you have on them and their abilities would be repaid duly."

-Tyler

IC: (Hanako)

"The White One known as Thok, he was using some kind of power with his eyes, it disoriented our Menti, and made them lose their focus and coordination in battle. The hulking brute called Reidak seemed to adapt to our powers on a level we weren't prepared for. Avak, seems to be an engineer of sorts, he wowed the Dastana clan with his technical prowess when he was on the Archipelago. Hakann, the red one, had eyes that could set things ablaze, he was cruel, all of them are, but this one was a special type of that. The blue one, by the name of Vezok could use the mind arm discipline. He was agile, only the quickest of our soldiers could even match him. Together they are nearly impossible to defeat. We imprisoned them, but we had no idea about the full scope of their powers, we don't know enough as we would like. I'm going to be honest, though we have some eye-witness testimonies. Our information is not the best it could be." I said, remembering the reports I was given, and expected to read through, this job was still sort of like my handmaiden work, only a great deal more exciting. Though the information was decent, but not great, I gave what I could. We knew most about these powers related to vision, but even then most of our information still seemed incomplete.

These Chaotic Six were a real threat, they were far too cunning by half. We made mistakes of underestimating them, and now they escaped our grasp. Now they were wrecking havoc on this new island, Mata Nui and I felt a little guilty, perhaps Ayiwah felt the same way, and maybe the other Menti with us. We let this threat escape our grasp, and now Mata Nui was suffering for it.

"I must ask, what exactly are Rahkshi, are they some sort of animal?" I asked, the solemn tone in which was spoke told me it was something to be feared, and that worried me. Now the Chaotic Six had allies, and what sounded like trained pets or servants. They were starting to become a larger threat by the minute.

• Upvote 1

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: "This way," Aine motioned, recognising her surroundings from when she was brought there days ago. "Believe it or not, we're actually almost there."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Good..." Zaara said, stifling a yawn, "...I need to rest."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shu kept supporting the Su-Toa as they eventually made their way inside the hospital. He set her down, ironically on the same bench where they were left.

"We're here," Aine said before turning towards the Le-Toa. "Shu's going to go flag down a doctor." 

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro, the Akiri's hut]

Now things were getting interesting.

Had she been tempted to go buck-wild on a village of unsuspecting foreigners who'd never known the magic of Plangori dyes (or exchange rates?) Absolutely.  But there was plenty of time for that later (and several other villages to instill the awe of Zuto Nui and/or Morie into).  Getting info on who ran things, on the other hand? That was saihoko survival basics - know whose toes not to step on, or alternatively, stomp on, depending on the situation.  

So when a Matoran who looked a few shades away from being a long-lost sibling of hers walked in and took command faster than you can say "the monarchy can bite me", Soraya started grinning and didn't really stop.  Shutting down tagalongs? Check. Skipping the run-around on the topic of Chaotic Six? Check.  Clothes sharp enough to cut someone? Well, not everyone could be a Plangori, but Soraya could work with that.

Hanako was picking up some points in Soraya's book to boot; if she was put off by the person in charge looking more like half the merchants outside than a Toroshu, she didn't show it.  Maybe there was hope for the palace yet. 

"I must ask, what exactly are Rahkshi, are they some sort of animal?"

"'Big, brutish sort of creatures with perverse abilities and an evil core', I hearVillager's words, not mine.  You all get a lot of things with 'evil cores' around here? 'Cause I'm no animal spotter, but I'm pretty sure we never had to deal with evil cores back on the Archipelago."

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

"Thank you," Zaara said gratefully, having to concentrate to make the words come out properly. 

IC - Tarkah [Marine Headquarters]:

The young marine rolled his wrist and stretched out his arms as he exited the headquarters. Tarkah pulled the string holding the folded paper together and scanned it carefully. The patrol route he had been assigned seemed rather simple and short enough. He grinned slightly and slid it somewhere under his cloak as he took a right and began his first patrol. Although the badge was proudly displayed on his cloak he took a subtle approach to prowling Ga-Koro. Tarkah moved carefully from crowd to crowd and tried to avoid as much attention as he possibly could. He moved too quickly to be concerned with any possible stares.

"Hmm, perhaps I should train after this..." The private mused as he stepped off a walkway and onto another of the village's lily pads.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: "Oh, don't mention it," Aine said, sitting down next to her as Shu ran off to find a doctor. "We were pretty much in the same position when we first arrived. I guess it must be a common occurrence around these parts."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"That's... not good..." Zaara trailed off, wondering, not for the first time, "What kind of crazy island did I wash up on?" 

IC: "Apparently one with tree-eating beetles...," Aine said, her voice darkening in tone and decreasing in volume as Shu returned with a wizened Turaga. "And where certain people are willing to buy slaves."

OOC: You can RP the healer, Roman.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"How did this happen?" the Sana-wearing Ga-Turaga asked, turning Zaara's head to get a better look at the wound.

"A tree branch fell on my head." Zaara replied. The Turaga didn't respond; just created a small amount of water to pour over the wound, washing away the dried blood and dirt to reveal the gash underneath, before using their mask, knitting the torn flesh back together. 

"That wound's a few days old," the Turaga noted, "if there was internal damage I think it would have made itself apparent by now. What you need more than anything else is food, and rest. I've done all I can." 

"Thank you," Zaara said gratefully. The pain was gone, and already she was feeling much better. She turned back to Aine and Shu as the Turaga returned to his duties. "What's this about slaves?" 

IC:

I don't need your pity! I'll beat you senseless, cut you up till I look like a princess compared to you, then we'll se who needs to be pitied! I'll -

Labelle breathed in deeply, pushing away the unbidden thoughts and eliciting another sharp pain as the hunger for Sadism went unfed.

"Yes, I do feel pain. Some days are better than others, though the last few have been... particularly difficult."  She smiled weakly. "Don't worry though, it's nothing I can't handle. It's my life now. As for why I haven't been to a healer...it was a doctor that did this. A great doctor.

Great, and terrible.

"I had a surgery, and there were... complications. The procedure was complex and dangerous, so there wouldn't be a point in trying to find someone to fix it. Whoever I approached would just make it worse."

"But you probably don't want to hear about me and my life. Most people don't....But you lot must be interesting! Your names sound as st- as foreign as you're dressed. What can you tell me about where you're from?"

IC (Dakte)

Something was...wrong...with Labelle's explanation. Dakte could hear it in her voice, sense it between the lines: there were words she'd left unspoken.

Still, it wasn't his business to meddle with the secrets of these islanders, however wretched this Toa's situation might appear. He decided to ignore it—for now, at least.

"We come from the Kentoku Archipelago, far to the east of this island. The Dasaka Empire rules it, from the northernmost volcano to the southernmost of the Tailbones."

OOC: A little world-building there. I thought 'The Tailbones' was a suitable name for the line of islets to the south-east of Kozu. :)

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: "Long story," Shu said.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"I've got time," Zaara said with a shrug, "I'd say time's the only thing I do have." 

IC: Shu looked towards Aine, motioning wordlessly that it wasn't his story to tell.

"I... was abducted from my home by a gang of pirates," the Cy-Lesterin said, looking towards the floor. "They held me for ransom, and when my father arrived to pay for my release, they..."

She paused for a moment, wiping her eyes with her hand as they began to well up with tears. She was unable to finish her sentence.

"Afterwards, they decided to keep me on board and they sailed here, hoping that someone would pay them to take me off of their hands. Shu snuck onto the ship and disguised himself as one of them before trying to rescue me, but the ship capsised, and after three days of treading water, we eventually washed up here."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Zaara 

"Oh... I'm sorry," she felt awful for even asking about it, "But good or bad, for better or worse, you still have memories of your lives before arriving here. I've got... nothing. Take some comfort in that - you're still better off than some." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: "None at all?" Aine asked, her eyes red from crying as she looked back up at the Su-Toa. "I'm sorry for bringing it up."

Shu moved over to Aine, sitting down next to her before placing his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"We're alive," he said, trying to cheer them up.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Well, let's not sit around being sorry for ourselves," she said, "thanks for your help. Do either of you know of somewhere in this town that sells good food?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC:

"I see." Sinshi's response was measured and polite, as was her demeanor, but internally she was uneasy. Something felt wrong about the tones this Toa took, the way she responded to things... Or perhaps she was reading too far into her own discomfort. The Menti wanted to offer condolences or something similar, but she didn't know how this culture would respond to it, let alone how Labelle would respond as a person.

On the outside nothing had changed. Inside she was paralyzed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nekka

"Wha- oh, well, I'm nervous here. I think the matoran here are afraid of me, or worse, they're judging me." Nekka said to Ashala. She had caught more matoran staring at her in fear or judgement, and it was really upsetting her. I hope nobody reports me or anything, Nekka thought to herself. She was afraid of her race's reputation. As she kept up with Ashala her fears began piling up on her as she closed her eyes tightly, peeking out of one eye just to make sure she didn't walk into any sort of danger. I'm so scared, she thought. Unbeknownst to her, the matoran that were staring at her started to divert their attention from her, as if they knew that their judgmental gazing was making her uncomfortable.

IC: Ashala

"Just calm down Nekka," Ashala said. "It's in your head, as long as you dont hurt anyone they have no reason to fear you. Love will overcome any hate, remember that."

The guard now lead them to the Marine HQ. She approached the front door with the injured Londar.

"I have grave information, about an attack ok Ko-Koro." She told the Marine guard.

IC: Nekka

Nekka opened her eyes and, to her relief, nobody was staring at her.  Her viselike grip on her body loosened significantly as her arms relaxed and her uncomfortable expression went away.  Maybe Ga-Koro isn't a judgemental place? Nekka thought.  Still, though, she kept her hands together in an effort to look polite as she followed Ashala and Londar through the building.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: "Haven't been here long," Shu admitted.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Oh.... okay..." Zaara shrugged, "...So... I guess this is the part where we all wander our separate ways, equally lost?"