BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Wherya (Southern Charm)

"I definitely know I'd have that question eating me if we didn't find out now" I commented, leaning against the side of the boat I'd just jumped off.

It'd be up to Ekko to convince her to come aboard, though.

IC: Mako (Ga-Koro)

"Well done Sinshi"

Seems like we'd resolved the situation to the best interests of most people involved. This "Solvi" was not afraid to preach her beliefs, admittedly, but part of me couldn't help but think "yeah, I'd like to see you try and enforce those beliefs of yours here or anywhere, see how people take to it".

But I didn't say that out loud, if there was one thing being a Bodyguard had taught me to do, it was to keep my less-than-pleasant sentiments tightly under lock and key in my own head.

I reached into my tunic and presented one of my crystal chakrams.

"As far as I can tell we use weapons similar to yours, except out of crystal instead of metal, since that's really rare where we come from"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Four Rahkshi? With a sheath?

I was beginning to understand a little more, I think, as to why she was so hardcore. Whether I believed that particular story or not was beside the point. If that was the standard she held herself to, then all this strange nonsense she pulled was just a bit less mysterious.

I noticed something strange, though. Perhaps it was part of the design, considering it was a weapon too, and all, but wasn't this scabbard a bit robust?

"Definitely solid construction you have here. I can see how this thing'd hurt."

Certainly blew my equipment out of the water, that's for sure. I could just sort of tell that this and that sword were high-quality stuff. Unfortunately, there was no family heirlooms to be had on my end. Comes with being a mostly civilian family, I guess. Cool with me, it'd be kind of cliche for me to suddenly discover one out of the blue anyway.

helo frens

IC:

Though the comment about earthquakes had been hyperbole, the blade was undeniably heavy. Sinshi could hold it without excessive effort, but she knew that even with the boost her Calix provided any attempt to fight with it would be slow compared to her usual style. The massive blade seemed to almost absorb the day's light save its edge which reflected it brightly. The blade's grip was comfortable, wrapped well with what seemed to be white leather. 

"Fallen star or not, it is exceptionally well-crafted." The Menti said appreciatively, turning the handle back towards its owner so she could take it. Her hands now free she withdrew the rapier at her side from its sheath, offering it handle first towards the Toa of Stone. 

Comparatively, her rapier was exceptionally light. In part this was due to its design, as it was meant to be a light sword, but much of this was owed to the material from which it was made. The entirety of the blade was crafted from the same crystal as her armor, one that seemed to shine in the light. The handle was wrapped in a few light layers of fabric, fabric died the same deep purple as was her clan's color.

"Our weapons are crafted of crystal. As Vilda Mako noted, metal is extraordinary rare in our homeland. The only blade made fully of metal is the badge of office for the Imperial Executioner. Our weapons, as a result, tend to be lighter. Mine is unusually so, owing to its shape, but it still weighs more than what I am best trained for."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Solvi

A testing swing almost sent the crystal rapier flying, it felt like a paperweight compared to her own blade. The edge was quite keen, Sinshi's comment that was heavy for her style was confusing. Was she an archer or a side arm user?

"It is a well crafted weapon," she handed the weapon back, replacing her own in it's sheath and buckling it to her hip. "You say you do not have metal in your homeland, I assume you have a high concentration of crystal elementals? They are rather rare here. The only crystals you could call "common" would be light and heatstones."

...but close to it

IC:

Wait, when'd she get that back from me?

Just don't question it. That makes everything easier.  I probably handed it off without thinking back to her. Something like that. I had to admit that this weapons comparison almost made me want to pull out my own for show-and-tell, but I suppressed that notion. They weren't anything special, it would seem out of place.

"What would that be? The Soulswords?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: What's that look for? 

So suspicious--

"Yeah."

--without even knowing me!

I'm heartbroken. Truly heartbroken.

helo frens

IC:

Sinshi nodded an affirmative to Tarkus, sheathing her rapier in a single smooth motion. She looked ready to elaborate but paused at Solvi's questions, nodding once more in answer. "Crystal is fairly common in the Archipelago, though the material that makes up our arms and armors is by far the most common. Gemstones are much rarer, though not nearly so much as metal."

"And you have that correct, Tarkus. My Soulswords have no discernible mass, as they are projections of, as academics call it, psychophysical energy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Aurorin

Aurorin watched these strange people from a distance. They looked like Toa of water from a distance, but on closer inspection they had gold, crystalline Armour, like nothing on Mata Nui. These alien beings both astounded and scared him at the same time. He creeped forward to take a closer look at them.

OOC

Cue a Dasaka noticing his presence, and Deriksha/Laike/Raszk/Essie noticing Aurorin go up to these strange creatures.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC Solvi

"Soulsword?"

She was familiar with the concept of using plasma or fire powers to manifest weapons. It was not a very viable fighting strategy in most situations, even a Su or Ta-elemental would be burnt holding their own element. Not to mention, the solidity of those constructs was questionable. Most would deform to a (still dangerous) blob upon making contact with tough armor.

However, Sinshi did not appear to possess either of those elemental powers.

...but close to it

IC: Liano

"Same reason you did." Liano shrugged, eyes glued to the menu. "Got bored."

The attendant returned, setting their drinks down on the table. He took a sip of his milk, using it as an excuse to think.

"Besides, hunting's what I do best. I'm of more use here feeding mouths than I ever was with the Sarsi." he said, closing the menu. "Apart from my job, nothing else is really new. Odds are I'm going to want a change of scenery sooner than later, so everything I've got going on in Ga-Koro is temporary at best."

Another sip.

"So yeah, that's me so far. How about you? Sounds like some pretty exciting stuff happened in Po."

IC: Voulge

Voulge leaned back in his chair while listening to Liano. 

"Exciting, more or less, worth the time? I can't really say. None the less we hunted down some scum. Can't really say it was anything different from the norm."

Oh wait, besides the fact we gave into bloodlust, caused some property damage, and left death wherever we went... but he doesn't need to know that.

"I mean one can only do so much heroics before it gets to be the same thing each time, Hunt them down, fight them, turn them over.... rinse and repeat." 

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Nekka

"Oh dear..." Nekka quietly said to herself.  Not even a day on this island and already trouble's found its way...

"Is there anything we can do about it?" Nekka asked; a concerned gaze upon her visage.  She wanted to help badly, yet she knew that whatever overran Ko-Koro must've been powerful, perhaps too powerful.

IC:

"Well I think I can find it, that is if you don't want to go to the hospital instead. I've stopped the bleeding and patched you up, you can always stay in my home if needed." she said to Londar.

"I'm not sure if we can help or not, going there alone would most likely be suicide. These are powerful beings."

IC:

"Yes, they're..." The Menti paused for a moment. She had explained, and demonstrated, their existence, but she had neglected their philosophy. It wasn't something she thought Tarkus would be particularly interested in, but Solvi had recounted the stories of her own weapon. It only seemed right to do the same for hers. "... Permit me to show you."

She held out her hand, almost like offering a sword, and willed her hook sword into existence. This blade truly did shimmer, glowing with the almost liquid flowing energy of her soul. The heat radiated off of it, palpable even in the warm Ga-Koro air, and the aura of the projection was enough to send a tingle down the spines of those around her. She held it up, across her chest, and brought her second hand up to summon a second to cross them across her chest. A hint of a smile graced her lips.

"I'm afraid I can't let you touch these, for your own safety. These are my Soulswords. These... There are no weapons like these." She paused a moment. "I do not exaggerate. The shape I have chosen is unusual, but even if another had picked such a sword, it would still not be the same. These swords are born of my own soul, not a weapon but an extension of myself. Our philosophers believe their name is no accident. A Soulsword, by their very nature, are a part of the spirit given form."

"These are my resolve."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You practice that one?"

I wasn't at all bitter about getting the less pretty version of the flavor text. Come on, it's not like it isn't normal to feel envy, just one of the seven deadly sins honestly isn't bad considering the kind of day I'd had today! If you didn't notice, I'd been spending the past five minutes trying to stop this conversation from going south, and that was between you and her! Would it have hurt that much to give me a little credit, Miss Sinshi?

Is it that hard to believe that I might be a decently well-read guy? I won't say I'm a great thinker, a Plato, and Aristotle, a Nikola Tesla, but maybe I would have found it interesting.

Whatever the case, I knew that side of the story now. And hey, guess what, it lead me to a question.

"So, if that's a manifestation of your soul itself, would it be weaker when your soul's in turmoil? Like, say you got really depressed. Would you still be able to wield it at full strength, Miss Sinshi?"

helo frens

IC:

"Unfortunately, Vilda Mako is most likely correct. I am not certain, but our psychic abilities seem to be as unique to our race as your element is to yours." Sinshi said, almost apologetically, as she permitted her blades to dissipate once more. She looked at Tarkus, a brief light of curiosity flitting through her eyes.

"A very astute query. There's significant debate on that, Mr. Tarkus. I believe that my ability would be hampered, but I have no fact to support that belief. Our bodies are response to our will, so I do not see how something so intrinsically tied into my being would not be."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

That made enough sense for me. 

"Well, hopefully you don't have to test it any time soon. I'd hate to end up depressing you or something."

Come to think of it, I did seem less keen on using my powers whenever I had something eating away at me. I chalked that up to lack of motivation and nothing more, but maybe that power wasn't there if this hypothesis were true, given that soulswords seemed to be what Sinshi's element ended up being.

"Actually, I have to wonder. If Mr. Mako here has command over two disciplines, is it possible that you could potentially learn to do the same?"

By the way, Mr. Tarkus?

Well, I guessed I had been calling her by her last name, so some formality back should only be expected. I hadn't given her mine yet, though. And by then, it was too late in the conversation to bring that up.

helo frens

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"Theoretically, yeah, but she'd have to earn the right to learn a second discipline. As a male, I was given training in two automatically, but women generally have to earn it. And to learn a third one, either of us need to earn that in turn, and it gets harder the more disciplines you try to learn"

"No Dasaka alive can use all four disciplines. At best, you have Battlemasters with varying skill in three of 'em"

"Either way I'm not sure about Sinshi, two Soulswords is... very unusual"

"And please," I added, "just call me Mako, I've never been a big fan of formalities"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aine groaned.

"Shu, we've been walking around for hours," she complained. "Do you think we can slow down a little? Maybe even take a break?"

The Le-Toa sighed, coming to a stop before leaning against a building.

"Finally," the Cy-Lesterin said as she sat on the ground next to him, resting her arms against her knees. "How you can keep moving at this pace for extended periods of time is beyond me."

Shu looked around, observing the crowd for a moment. Most of the people walking amongst them were of various shades of blue, though some of them also wore what seemed to be golden armor mixed in with a variety of pieces made from crystal. These beings specifically looked a bit out of place amongst the other inhabitants of the village, but due to the fact that they had only arrived on this island days ago, they could have just been villagers of a higher status or something. Either way, he would feel more comfortable if he knew they at least held a semblance of financial stability before Aine decided to go off and start exploring the place, but so far their search for someone willing to help them was starting to feel like a lost cause.

The Le-Toa closed his eyes for a moment as he wondered whether or not they should just forget about it for now and find something else to pass the time.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Treize

"He's gone now, thankfully."

IC:

"Thankfully," I repeated with a nod, hands sliding into the pockets of my coat, fingers playing with the array of Dragons, matches, scraps of paper, cigarettes that Girah didn't wanna buy--

Waaaaaaait.

Oh, yeah.

######.

"Uhh, just for the record: we don't actually have any of those 'widget' thingies to pay with. Thought I should, uh, bring that up, y'know."

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Asa

Daijuno's remark about having no money suddenly came up.

"Ah."

"... They wouldn't accept Dragons, would they? Or perhaps we could barter?" Asa began speculating the exchange rate of dragons to widgets and trying to figure out how much all her stuff was worth.

Of course, since she didn't have the best knowledge if economics ( it man, I'm a doctor, not a banker!), she came up with some pretty wonky rates.

"Fifteen dragons for a widget..."

IC:

I would have cringed inwardly at Asa's idea of an exchange rate but, honestly, I had no idea what it would be either. And I am, for all my many, many, many flaws, not a hypocrite.

(well, unless it suits me anyway)

"Crystal," I said to Darien, pulling a Dragon out of my pocket and tossing it over to him. "Same as everything else back home."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Darien

"Well, if we ever traveled to your island, I could see these becoming valuable here, but at the moment they'd made pretty good souvenirs and not much else." Darien shrugged apologetically.

"Don't worry about the meal though, I'll cover you guys." 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: 

"Shouldn't I use Vilda then, Mako? I mean, I've been sticking to your last names out of respect and etiquette, but I think just 'Mako' might sound a bit too informal... Then again, so would your first name, I guess. Sure."

Names were tricky, especially when they sounded like they should go in different places. Really, what kind of name was Umbraline? Was she playing me and actually a princess of sorts? It seemed like the inane sort of name a nobleperson'd come up with.

"So wait a minute. You're telling me that in this wacky society of yours, you also have to earn the right to improve your understanding of your own abilities? Why is that?"

I said so with a skeptic's viewpoint, but judging from what I had heard so far, who was to say if that wasn't possible? Especially once you considered how regimented everything was. When you could break your element down into four distinct disciplines, that probably made it easier to control the flow of information. And this wasn't as simple to get as me going to a library and picking up a book on gravitational theory, this was rigorous training of the mind and body. Especially the mind. That was a complex thing, so maybe it explained away the reason why Miss Sinshi couldn't intrinsically have perhaps even the most basic capabilities of the other disciplines?

That... That I didn't know. Couldn't know, rather. But even if all I could do was make an educated guess, I had certain doubts. 

And whatever the case may be, I really didn't like how they went about things on their island. Nobody should stand for that.

helo frens

IC Solvi

So, the foreigners seemed to possess innate mental powers. The projection of energy and, she assumed some form of telepathy. As several times she had felt as much as seen the two foreigners exchange... Something, wordlessly.

"Theoretically, yeah, but she'd have to earn the right to learn a second discipline. As a male, I was given training in two automatically, but women generally have to earn it.

Earn the right to learn? This concept is almost as ridiculous as some of the others the foreigner's seemed to have, before she can reply and demand to be taken to some authority that can answer for such discrimination, the Ba-Toa (who might be named Tarkus, she hadn't been paying enough attention to him to notice yet) spoke on the subject, so she held her tongue. Perhaps his less critical words were more appropriate anyhow.

...but close to it

IC:

"It isn't quite as clear cut as earning." Sinshi began, brow furrowing slightly as she struggled to decide on how to explain. Truthfully, the system was a little unclear even for those within it. To explain it without that frame of reference would be much more difficult. "Males, most notably First Sons, are always trained in two disciplines. They are meant to embody the best of their clan, so they are trained to be among the strongest. Females, Menti like me, are trained in one. We learn at the Yards, and once we have reached an appropriate level, we graduate from our schooling."

"From that point we have learned all that our society expects us to learn. Many take that level and are satisfied with it. If they wish to surpass that level it must be done of their own volition, and on their own time. They have to either work at it until they figure it out or find someone willing to teach them. My dual Soulswords are similarly difficult, but learning to manifest two was simply a matter of diligence in training. Eventually I built up the skill and stamina needed to create and maintain two." She paused a moment, gesturing offhandedly to Dakte and Mako. "To learn to be a Willhammer like Mako, or a Mindarm like Dakte... I would struggle. I would have to figure out an application of my abilities that is completely different from what I know based upon what texts I could find and what help I could get."

"Noblewomen are often trained in multiple disciplines as a result of their status. The Rora trained under Battlemaster Inokio for that purpose. Even setting aside the difficulty in learning, actually mastering two disciplines is difficult due to the difference in how they operate. I could learn, but circumstances make such a challenge... Almost prohibitively difficult."

After a moment the other half of what Tarkus said registered, and the Menti turned to him. She cocked her head slightly, almost curiously, and stared quietly for a moment. "Mr. Tarkus, his first name is Mako. Mine is Sinshi. I am an Umbraline. Such is the name of my clan. I am Sinshi."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Leah):

While Hanako spoke, Leah led whoever was staying inside. Apparently their visitors had non-verbally agreed to split up their group, since several of the Dasaka remained outside, pairing off into teams of two. They looked a little lost still, standing among what to them were hundreds of complete strangers, but she wasn't worried. By Mata-Nui standards, this was going pretty well so far. Inside, she gestured for Lady Hanako and the others to make themselves comfortable. 

"I'm afraid this meeting will be quite unceremonious. While Mata-Nui has its fair share of strangers from distant lands, they are all individuals. We've never had an official ambassador from such a far-place."

Ayiwah's right eyebrow rose half a milimeter as she registered the strange speech-pattern that had slipped into the Toa's last sentence, but she kept quiet as Leah continued:

"And none of the off-islanders here know much about where they come from, or if they do they guard such knowledge closely. And no other lands away from Mata-Nui have been found - the endless ocean has its name for a reason. Which leads me to my question: How did you find the island?"

OOC: Sorry if that question was asked and answered before. I checked the old conversations and couldn't find it. If it has been asked before, blame it on Leah's (and my own) exhaustion. 

IC: (Hanako)

"A group of six Skakdi, foul Piraka escaped from our prisons, they had abilities we hadn't quite been prepared for. We thought we were the only landmass, only people on this endless ocean. So you can imagine our surprise. At first they seemed well enough, if a little Chaotic, hence the name we have given them, The Chaotic Six. They committed multiple crimes, spat in the face of our virtues. The Rora, our late Empress Yusanora Umbraline had sent out submersibles to track them down. It was one of these subs who in their searches found a landmass. Then our first expedition made contact with your village. As you can tell it took us a bit longer to prepare this second one," I said with a smile. I was doing everything in my power not to gush about how exciting this was, how amazing it was that they could control elements. How beautiful the village was. Oh the issues of being a representative of your people, how I wanted to explore, to talk to everyone I could. To just find amazing things and people on this island, beautiful sights to behold. Oh I could not wait.

Edited by Hanako Herupa

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Tupua):

"Just water." the dark Toa told the waiter, before turning his eyes to the others again. Originally, Volgue had been the friendlier one and Vail the mistrusting one. After their scuffle in Po-Wahi and his short display of his healing powers, that dynamic had pretty much reversed. It wasn't the first time somebody had disapproved of the Aitua's powers. Not that he or any of the others cared about other's approval. 

But Liano, him he did not know yet. 

The dark Toa would have preferred to stand, but knew it would look strange and so after a few seconds he took a seat at the table as well, sitting down in a very calm, controlled fashion, across from Liano. 

"So, what is your story?"

IC (Leah/Ayiwah):

One after another, the other shore party members reported in. Apparently Mako and Sinshi had managed to get engaged in a pretty detailed discussion with some locals. It would be interesting to talk to them later and the commodore caught herself looking forward to mingling a little herself - but the mission had to come first. Between what this Toa Leah had told them so far and Hanako's retelling of Mata-Nui's discovery a bigger picture seemed to form. 

Leah was thinking along the same lines, though her thoughts were much darker in tone than the Dasaka's. Between Stannis' confession, the fight in the vault and the alliance between the Piraka and the remainders of Makuta's followers, she felt there was a larger scheme to all these events - and now learning that the arrival of the Dasaka and the Piraka was directly connected only added to it. She wasn't paranoid about conspiracies at all, but there had been too many connections as of late not to start seeing forces at work that kept just out of sight.

Looking at Lady Hanako though had a calming effect. Her aura showed no lies and only genuine excitement. It was good to not have to worry too much about the new visitors.

"Your first expedition must have kept mostly to themselves...I heard only a few odd stories here and there about a strange ship appearing in Ta-Wahi to the north. If only the Piraka had done the same...I'm afraid spitting in the face of your virtues is the least of their crimes."

"You said you know where they are now?" Ayiwah interjected. 

Leah nodded. "They showed up not too long ago. The Maru only learned of them when they straight-up attacked the village of Ta-Koro. We managed to drive them out but could not pursue them until later. But they found new allies since then: the remnants of the Makuta worshippers that remained after their master's defeat. And as much as I hate to admit it: they are a potent combination."

"I only just returned from a fight with them below Kini-Nui. They set up a base of operations in Mangaia, Makuta's old lair. We tried to clear it out as best as we could and removed all dangerous artifacts. But there was a vault inside that we could not open - one that the Piraka apparently found a way to crack and whatever they found on the other side, it's made them even more dangerous."

The Toa of water sighed. "I know you are here as explorers, but to be honest: If these Piraka have wronged you too, I hope you are planning on going after them...I doubt the learned of your arrival yet."

Ayiwah didn't say anything out loud, but glanced at Hanako. :That would be a tactical advantage for us indeed.: she told her mentally.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Arisaka 

Arisaka wanted to respond with a 'Yes, we'll hunt down these Piraka'. However, it wasn't her place to say. It was Lady Hanako's. although she was well practiced at suppressing her emotions, Arisaka was eager to find the Chaotic Six and bring them to justice.

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar