BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Solvi

"That you do not understand the balance of power where I come from. And perhaps most importantly, I think you mistake my place in society for weakness."

In her mind, the pair had danced around her words. Proffering little more than excuses. A more reasonable person would've acquiesced to the foreigners, after all, attempting to apply your own ideals born in one land to one in a completely different state was foolish at best. The ba-toa with the ridiculous weapons was beneath her notice

But when it came to some matters, Solvi Soter was not a reasonable person

"For what I have heard," her expression changed a small amount. Maybe a smirk? "It is not a mistake."

...but close to it

IC: no

no no no no no NO this is not what we needed

Was she crazy? Did she want a fight? No, that's almost certain, she definitely does, and there would be no reasoning to her. Thankfully, I kept a fairly smart brain in my skullcase even while in a panicked frenzy to salvage the situation, if I even could at all. This Ko-Toa... Wait, Po-Toa? 

Whatever she was, there was no way I could handle her. She didn't even acknowledge I was there.

Are you that willing to let an innocent get caught in the crossfire of a stupid fight that all started because you couldn't keep your mouth shut? Cut it out!

Sinshi, on the other hand, may have listened to reason still. I turned myself to face her bodily.

"Don't do it."

I try not to ask much of my friends. I knew we had only just met, but please, for the sake of not causing tensions between two whole nations, would she please just bear with me on this one?

helo frens

IC:

A challenge had, very clearly, been issued. 

Were she within her own homeland she would have accepted it. She had done so on more than one occasion. An insult to one's Honor was sufficient grounds for a duel. In this land, however, she was a diplomat. Her duties may have been geared towards protecting the dignitaries but she could not overlook the fact that her own impressions colored those of her people. 

She remained still.

"I have no need to prove myself to you, Toa." The Menti stated simply. "Your opinion means little to me, and you degrade yourself by seeking a fight over that which you do not understand."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Onuzek

"Yes, that is Onuzek's name," the Ba-toa confirmed with a grin that stretched across his ponderous head. He was, of course, thrilled that someone had known his name, even if he couldn't quite figure own how they knew it.

"And Perfectly-Well-Proportioned, is your name, yes?"

IC:

The Lesterin chuckled sharply, humourlessly.

"Not I," he said, his smile not reaching his eyes. "Call me Archer."

IC: Treize

"And we look so similar too. If I didn't know you were an emissary you would fit in just fine here."

IC:

"No kidding. Slap some crystal armour on you, you could probably pass for a Dashi."

Meanwhile, I spy with my little eye Asa approaching from the side. Interesting.

"Hello, Asa," I continued, turning my head to regard the healer. "Care to join us in our escapades?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi rolled her, vertebrae of her spine cracking audibly as she did. 

"Anyway, let's go. Time's wasting and it's quite a walk."

OOC: Horde to Kini-Nui

IC (Ayiwah):

While the formal conversation continued, Ayiwah reached out over the mental plane, broadcasting openly so the shore party could receive. 

:Everything going well out there?:

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"That's cool," I told Asa, my hands up around my throat, unknotting my scarf until it hung loosely from the back of my neck. "Hey, while you're here, could you send a message to the Commodore for me? Just let her know that I'm okay and that I regret the fact I'm not a Dasaka every day I spend with her, 'kay?"

I gave my fellow traveller a smile, then turned back to Treize.

"Yeah, from what I can tell, that's the square of it." I was already undoing the buttons of my coat Goddess it was warm here. "And our Dasaka seem to be the equivalents of your Toa. Dunno what our Datsue are equivalent to, though. You have any elders around here?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Hello there, Daijuno" Soraph said warmly to Dashi. 

She walked over to the small group that had formed, composed of Daijuno, Asa and a third person, a native. Soraph heard them talking about Datsue and their Mata-Nuian equivalent, Turaga. 

"I think that the more our cultures learn about each other, the more we realize how alike we are. I'm Vilda Soraph, and you are...?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Turaga, eh?" I repeated, pushing my coat open to let the sea breezes play across my body and noting Soraph's timely arrival.

Way to point out the obvious, princess--

"Pleasure to see you again, Princess," I told her, smiling casually. "I was just talking with the good captain here about Turaga, this island's equivalent to our Datsue."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Arisaka

Arisaka stood near the Commodore and Lady Hanako, she felt better now that they were inside, it was much secure that out in the open surrounded by natives with god-like powers. Arisaka knew this land was going to be different, she just wasn't expecting this kind of different. 

She found her eyes resting upon the Toa Leah. She was still having a hard time believing what she'd seen earlier, that raw display of her powers over the ocean itself. What navy could hope to stand against someone like that? This Toa however, was also quite fatigued, she'd recently been in battle with the chaotic six. Arisaka could respect a fellow warrior, especially one with a common enemy. This weighted heavily on Arisaka's mind, and she knew it was on the other's minds as well. If they were to go after these Piraka, as Arisaka knew they would, she would make sure she was on the front lines. 

IC: Darien

Darien stood relatively close to Captain Treize, he'd been rather silent over the past few minutes, mostly going over everything that had happened, it had been a crazy day. 

Oh, we're introducing ourselves. Darien didn't want to be rude. "And I'm Darien, Toa of Plantlife." He really did haven't much of a rank in the Marines, so he just went with Toa. Sounded better. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Plantlife? Seriously, the number of 'elements' they control is getting pretty ridiculous at this point.

"A pleasure to meet you all, Captain Treize, Darien" Soraph greeted the natives in turn. "I think I've decided not be surprised by what forces of nature the Toa control here. It's much easier than being surprised every few minutes" she said with a small laugh.

She felt her stomach rumble.

"Don't suppose any of you would like to go and find some food that's not salted fish?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Asa

"Plantlife, huh," Asa noted, remembering that the Matoran of Plasma she had spoken to earlier mentioned plant life as one of the elements.

Wait.

Medicinal herbs are (usually) plants.

Asa used medicinal herbs in her practices.

"Would you, by any chance, have any expertise in creating, locating, whatever it is you do with your element, with plants known for their medicinal properties?"

IC Solvi

The foreigner deflected her words with a cool response, maintaining a neutral stance and tone. She must be used to deflecting insults.

She clicked her heel aggressively, the Ba-Toa was unfortunate enough to have his foot in the landing zone. Any signs or sounds of his discomfort and pain went unnoticed by Solvi. She was reassessing her judgment of the foreigner. She was clearly self disciplined, most beings would've drawn their weapons by now, or even attacked. Solvi had to give credit to her for maintaining a cool head. Their expedition must be one of diplomacy, the menti warrior unwilling to tarnish her or her people's image

It was a respectable goal. She herself might've acted similar in the foreigner's circumstance

This didn't stop her issue with what she had heard of their culture, so she unfortunately spoke once more

"I don't intend to goad you into a street brawl. To assume so shows your own insecurity." She spoke with absolute confidence in her words. "From what I have heard I can understand your culture well enough to see it's flaws. You are ruled by politicians well versed in backroom scheming. Pigs and filth in the guise of respected individuals. The masses are kept repressed by these rulers through tradition, bloodline or threats. Those that rally against this are made examples of. Am I correct?"

She didn't wait for a response. The Ba-Toa looked like he was trapped between a dozen feral Rahkshi

"You say order is a noble thing, one that is kept by your rulers. No matter how deplorable they may be. I say this is nothing but a coward's response to things they have no power or will to change. Those who would give up their freedom and liberties for safety or security deserve and will find neither"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC:

"Your leaders are Dashi. They have no power."

Sinshi spoke after only a moment's pause for reflection, her tone as even as it ever was. "You are a Toa. Do you not have the power to overthrow those who do rule? Do you find your leaders' rule to be perfect, without any fault? If you do you're a fool, but you strike me as no fool. So, then, why not overthrow them? Rule yourself, as you feel your realm should be ruled."

"You have the power. The cause is there. So, then, you either choose not to, or lack the will." A pause. "Either way, you have not the room to judge my action or lack thereof."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Londar

"Why didn't I just take the cable car to Ta," Londar moaned as he collapsed outside of the Ga-Koro gates. "Guh... Muscles, please work."

OOC: open for interaction.

IC: Ashala

As Ashala and Nekka were not far from the gates just to the village she was able to see Londar collapse. She turned to her skakdi friend.

"I'll be right back." She said before summoning her mask of speed. She was gone in a blur of speed, rushing to his side before picking him up and returning a minute later before laying him in the sand.

"He's injured," she said. "I'll do my best to heal him." She opened her med-kit and began pulling out healing herbs and bandages, along with a needle some thread and disinfectant.

"I'll be honest, anything to eat that isn't salted fish sounds wonderful." Ga-koro was well known for it's fish, as good as it was, having the same ###### fish everyday was about as good as it sounded. 

Darien turned to Asa. "Well yes, I can create plants that have medical uses. I'm not an expert in medicine but I do have a fair bit of knowledge on what plants cure what, comes with the element." 

Edited by Skitty

IC:

My foot exploded into pain, which I then vocalized, hopping on my undamaged one and grabbing it by reflex. Ow, ow OW! That was a heel right on the top of my freaking foot, practically my toes! Had I mistaken my mask for something else when it was actually a Volitak? At this point she was just completely not seeing me, or something! What the karz is wrong with her?

She said she didn't want to stir up a fight, at least. That was good. But still, did she have to be so abrasive about the point she was making?

"You have the power. The cause is there. So, then, you either choose not to, or lack the will." 

I looked at Miss Sinshi like she had grown four extra arms, each wielding soulswords, and declared herself my new god of wrath. And what was wrong with her? We don't need that happening, was she crazy? Didn't she see what the heck could happen if she decided to take her up on that? I wasn't particularly a good people person, but even I can see that she very well might accept that challenge! Miss Sinshi, please don't turn another conqueror loose on this poor island! I wasn't wishing for her to actually become Alexander!

I realized for a brief moment that I had managed to hop in place while my concerns were on my foot. I was still very much between these two.

helo frens

IC Solvi

A challenge to action and of her own resolve? The foreigner's response had again been cool, quick and to the point. It was hard to tell whether or not they had taken it personally, after all, Solvi's intention had been to challenge the foreigner's own assumptions. It wasn't so much their talk of an oppressive culture and the sullen masses that had angered her as it was the tone of resignation and eventuality. A tone belonging to someone that had given themselves up to the games the gods played, content to sit and suffer through whatever fate had in store for them

It was clear from her responses that this woman did have a fire within her, Solvi could only hope she would give fuel it needed. So that one day she could return to her homeland and fight for what she believed in, whatever that was wasn't quite so important in Solvi's mind as the act itself

"You speak well, foreigner. It is correct that the leadership of this island is due for purging. Save for Ta-Koro to the south and Onu-Koro to the far northwest, it is bloated and impotent." The invisible Ba-Toa might have cringed at the next sentence, for it confirmed his fears. "I do intend to change that. Singlehandedly if I must, but it is a dreadfully slow task"

...but close to it

IC:

I cringed ruefully. What could I have even done to her? It was as if despite not recognizing my presence, she knew exactly what I had feared and had just acted accordingly! Did she have the special edition How to Make Tarkus's Life Living Karzahni guidebook?

And to make it worse, I kind of saw where she was coming from. Personally, I thought Ga-Koro had it's act mostly together and should be included amongst those that worked, but the other three governments did seem a bit...

Absent. Absent was the term. From what I had heard, they seemed to barely exist at all, they made so little noise. If she wanted to change that for the better... Well, that assumption was made with the fact that she Cited Ta and Onu-koro as examples, and they both seemed like places where life was still good...

Who was I to say that was a bad goal? A government that can well and truly protect it's people, at least, should be the standard, right? I could agree to that, but it didn't allay my fears nor my foreboding feelings. The ends may have been well and justified, but what about the means?

How much blood did she intend to shed doing so? If it was dreadfully slow, did she intend to do these things mostly by the book?

Could she, even?

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: After having their wounds taken care of and a few days of rest, Shu and Aine were officially discharged from the hospital.

The Cy-Lesterin smiled as she felt the fresh air against her skin, eventually turning back to the Le-Toa who wore the same expression-less look as always.

"So," she said, cupping her hands together behind her back. "Got any bright ideas on how to get back home?"

Shu shrugged before giving one of his famous short-spoken answers.

"Cartographer."

"And I suppose that said map-maker will just be kind enough to give us one of their works before setting us up with a ship gives out free rides? Coming from a very wealthy merchant family taught me very early-on in life that the world doesn't quite work like that," Aine stated.

"Money, then," the Le-Toa continued as they walked back towards the center of the village.

"And how are you planning on making anything? Last time I checked, we washed up on an island that neither of us had even heard of before, much less set foot on, and I haven't exactly been seeing anyone advertising job openings."

"Pirate booty."

Aine stopped for a moment and shook her head.

"Ah, yes. Pirate booty...," she said before realising that her companion had put a fair amount of distance between them, forcing her to break into a jog just to catch up. "Wait a minute! What pirate booty?"

OOC: Shu and Aine (once again) open for interaction.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Darien reached out and shook her hand, she seemed so much like a Matoran, if it hadn't been for her armor and her mannerisms he would have easily taken her for one. 

"Likewise, it's not everyday we get visitors from another island." Actually, they never got visitors from another land. From time to time they'd get people from all sorts of species that washed up on shore with no memory of how they got there or where they came from. But an entire culture of people from a far away land that wished to befriend them and explore Mata Nui? This was a first. 

Edited by Skitty

IC:

Vail entered the restaurant with Tupua in tow. Before he could process his surroundings fully, a Ga-Matoran greeted them.

"Two?" she inquired.

The Toa of Fire cleared his throat and bent over slightly so as not to tower over the woman. "Actually, we're here to join those two gentleman over there." He pointed to Voulge and Liano, who were sitting by the window on the far left. 

"Oh, well in that case, seat yourselves." she said, smiling a bit too exuberantly. Thankfully it only lasted for a second before she turned to welcome another customer who was just coming in. 

The Ta-Toa strode up to the table. 

"Annnnnnd I'm back. Miss me?" He chose the open seat next to Liano, and grinned across the table at Voulge.

He made it seem as if he were perusing the contents of the menu, but in reality he wasn't very hungry. In fact, it was rare for him to crave normal food even a little. 

He looked up from the menu for a second, realizing that he had yet to introduce the Liano to their dark companion.

"Oh, Liano- Tupua. Tupua- Liano." he gestured to each in turn, then turned back to the menu.

A voice caused him to dart his attention back up, however. "Can a grab you two anything to drink?" a waiter inquired.

"I'll stick with water, thanks." Vail responded, having just noticed the glass of it in front of him.

Edited by Requiem

IC Solvi

She could have gone on for several more paragraphs about philosophy and how some harm was inevitable, paradoxically harmless and maybe even a little welcome. She was interrupted by a Ba-Toa who had appeared out of nowhere

"It is rude to eavesdrop." After stabbing him with eyes and words, she turned again to the foreigner, bowing slightly before speaking. "My name is Solvi Soter, I am an officer in the Ta-Koro guard. I will not apologize for my words, but know that I appreciate your dignified replies and will remember them if you ever find yourself in my debt"

She offered her hand to the woman, fortunately missing the Ba-Toa in their midst

...but close to it