BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Budge

The burnak, who had been up to this point watching the once floating stick with great interest, suddenly heard some recognizable words. He wandered over, sat in front of Vilda Mako, and patiently waited for the wizened being to stop speaking. At the forst moment of silence, Budge promptly keeled over onto his back, legs stuck vertical in the air.

As per orders, Budge played dead.

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Asa

.:Okay; could you help me with this person?:. Asa pointed out the toa of steam to Soraph. .:T... Their mind is extremely weird. I don't know what to make of it.:. Reentering the fusion's mind, she said:

.:Bringing another Willhammer in for a second opinion. Hope you don't mind.:.

IC (Dakte)

Dakte walked a small distance behind Mako and Soraya, half-listening to their conversation.

It sounded as though the Datsue was finding the sheer alienness of Mata Nui quite overwhelming. The apparent disorder of society, the fantastical powers of the populace, the abundance of metal and absence of crystal; it didn't surprise Dakte that the old man felt bowled-over by it all.

What surprised him was that he himself didn't.

He had certainly expected to be: from the rumours he'd heard of this foreign land, he had fully anticipated that he'd be amazed—terrified even—by how different everything was. But now that he was here, with his feet on alien soil (or rather, lilypad), it was as though something had clicked in his brain. He  found himself analysing each aspect of this land calmly and critically, without shock or apprehension.

This metallic prosperity? Perhaps the roles of metal and crystal were simply reversed here. It was far from inconceivable. The Dasaka's only point of reference for geology was their own Archipelago. As for the economics, Dakte was no expert, but he suspected that this metal would not 'destroy the Kentoku economy' as some seemed to fear. Coinage would need to be reformed, perhaps, but the sheer distance between the two lands would dampen the frenzied trading that would otherwise occur. Gradually the metal and crystal would diffuse between the two lands until each had as much as there was a market for.

This power over the elements? Perhaps it was not so different from Menti disciplines as it appeared, and he could already see a few ways to counter an opponent wielding one of these powers. Breaking their concentration was the quintessential solution, and by Dakte's reckoning, there must be individual weaknesses to each variation, each 'element', just as there were weaknesses to each Discipline.

He found himself making a mental note to try and discern those weaknesses during their time here.

And the society—well. He would have to see what the other settlements on Mata Nui were like before making a proper judgement, but it seemed as though the citizens of Ga-Koro enjoyed many more personal liberties than the majority of his own people did. They said they had no castes, no nobility, and their 'Akiri' leader was chosen not by her bloodline, but by her people.

They might be over-enthusiastic, disorderly or downright chaotic, but they were happy. They were free. And with that thought, Dakte finally began to recognise that long-forgotten emotion.

Was it...hope?

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

Mirra found her boyfriend loitering near the city gates. Unsurprisingly, he was smoking. "Anything interesting happen while I was gone?" she asked as she approached him.

"Nope." Wisp replied boredly, " I guess we just have to wait for the Kalta to finish their work here, and then we can get out of this Koro."

"I hope they hurry up," Mirra said bitterly, "I've seen enough of the ocean to last me a lifetime."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Sighing, Liara permitted herself to be pulled back down towards sea level. She steadily dropped the flight of her mask until it was only barely in effect enabling her to be pulled down.

"And what do you want?"

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Tillian's mouth quirked and he threw one arm lazily over the doctor's shoulders.

"Turns out there's not as much to do out here as I thought. Wanna find something to irritate me with at your place?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

Any possibility of a discussion of the finer points of inter-economy commerce and trade was abruptly squashed by Girah's pet... thing flopping down onto it.

"I think you broke it," Soraya said conversationally, then looked back over her shoulder - hey there, super-intensely-concentrating-Dakte, you're not creepy at all right now - and yelled, "Yo, Gir! Stop trying to break the economy for ten seconds, your pet's doing a... thing!"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC Girah

Looking up from his negotiations, Girah gave a "Hmn?" Then he saw Budge. Putting his face in his hand for a second, he pocketed the potential profit, and wandered over. That darn Rahi. Looking over at Budge's two-member audience, Girah explained. "He is playing dead. One of you probably mentioned it in passing, and he took it as a chance to show off his training. He does other tricks too."

Addressing the flomped Rahi, Girah resolved the situation."Alright, you mutt. Up!" Immediately, Budge rolled up onto his feet. Girah continued.

"Come!"

Budge went up to Girah, staring up at him.

"Pass."

Budge looped around Girah quickly.

"Sit."

Budge sat down on his haunches promptly

"Speak!"

"WRALP!"

"No no, like an Akiri."

Budge sat up straighter and shut his eyes. Turning his nose aloof, the Burnak obeyed. "Browlrowlrowl. Browlrowlrowlrowl. *snort-snort*. BROWLrowlrowlrowl."

Girah chuckled, and explained "The Akiri are our political leaders. Sort of like our upper caste."

Edited by Funkydude527
  • Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro, Dasaka Envoy)

If a guard saw your mutt making fun of your ruler back home, you'd be in a cell quicker than you could say 'disrespectful', something I'd almost learned the hard way in an incident involving Kama and another, amorous Janu.

"You sure your Akiri appreciates Budge's... impression?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

If a guard saw your mutt making fun of your ruler back home, you'd be in a cell quicker than you could say 'disrespectful', something I'd almost learned the hard way in an incident involving Kama and another, amorous Janu.

"You sure your Akiri appreciates Budge's... impression?"

IC Girah

The Matoran chuckled, and got down on his haunches, giving the Burnak an affectionate tousle on the head. He smiled impishly at Vilda Mako. "Now now, what the Akiri don't know won't hurt them."

Standing up, Girah continued. "Besides, its not like I'd get beat up or arrested for a little canine satire. Its not like it matters whether the Akiri appreciate Budge's fantastically accurate artistry. Well, maybe Po-Koro, but they are a bit... I don't know... Stingy about their politics."

IC:

Sinshi had been silent for several minutes, the pause allowing her nerves to relax a little. Though her reaction had been a little harsh, she didn't think it unjustified; as much as the De-Toa hadn't known their customs, she wasn't accustomed to their methods, either. Such a misunderstanding had been easily cleared up, with the exception of the exceptionally upset Toa of Crystal.

While the Mnti mused, her eyes were drawn to the Burnak's antics near her. Her observation was almost completely unconscious, but as time went on, the creature took more of her focus. Her head cocked slightly in curiosity (though she hadn't realized it) and her attention refocused. As he sat mostly still following his performance, the formerly still Dasaka made her first movement in a few minutes. Sinshi crouched slightly and reached out slowly, patting the Rahi's head.

IC:

"Those newcomers look very gaudy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Yeah I'm not sure what their deal is. My experiences with crystal armor amount to--" they flashed through his head.

• That guy is really big
  • That guy's sword is really big
  • I think he caught me looking at him
  • He's pretty scary better not mess with that

"--something much less artsy than them."

They are pretty though.

"Wonder if that's just a nobility thing with them or something."

It'd explain a lot.

"Guess we'll learn eventually."

helo frens

IC: (Mons Shajs)

"Mockery ain't a vary pressin' concern, in'a regards ta every'athing tha Akiri have ta deal with," Shajs said. "Besides, they'a don'ta really come'a out ta hear it."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Budge

The Rahi was no stranger, nor despiser of such affections. It accepted the pats with a calm demeanor, a bit too energetic to be regal, but also too accepting to be wild. It quickly shifted on its haunches and faced Sinshi, studying her for a moment. There was uncanny intelligence in its eyes. Its eyes even looked over the Dasaka wholly, studying each part of her whole in a rapid sequence of brief examinations.

Apparently satisfied with its survey, Budge got up, and walked towards the newcomer's legs, brushing its face up against the crystalline ankle-guards. It gave a small, satisfied "Grawlp." before extending the motion into a full bush against the leg. It repeated the action, snaking around Sinshi's legs, nuzzling up and purring in its strange, chesty manner.

IC:

The Rahi's behavior caused Sinshi's eyebrows to arch upwards in amusement, the faint smile still tugging at the corners of her face. When Budge began snaking around her legs she actually chuckled quietly, a soft sound, and she patted his head again. 

"You're much better behaved than one would think, aren't you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I gotta admit, you've done well with this mutt, kid" I remarked, smiling at Budge and Sinshi getting acquiainted.

One of the things I had taken the time to get familiar with after retirement was my clan's work with flora and fauna. I wouldn't call myself a tree-hugging nature lover, but I liked the outdoors a lot more nowadays than the stuffy, cramped indoor halls of the nobility I used to walk around in.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Girah

Girah beamed at the praise. "He's no guard burnak, but he certainly is brighter than you think. Certainly more on the cuddly end of things. You gotta watch what you say around him, though." He leaned over and whispered to Vilda. "Especially the praise. Hes' got a bit of an ego."

Budge suddenly stopped accepting Sinshi's pats with aplomb and looked at Girah with an upturned muzzle and what could be indignition. "Rowrp!"

Girah rolled his eyes, and as if off by rote, he sighed and reported. "But Budge is such a good boy. He would never hurt a fly." Budge looked satisfied and retuned to his contented state until Girah smirked at the burnak and continued. "...more for fear of the fly than anything else." Budge looked begrudgingly off to the side and gave a grumble and snort.

"Touchy subject, I see" I remarked with a smirk as something in my head clicked together and I got an idea.

"Say, Girah" I began, unsure of how to explain what I wanted to do, since I'd never had to do that before, "would it be alright with you if I... entered Budge's mind for a moment?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Girah/Budge

The burnak's ears perked upwards. Girah shrugged, forwned in a lightly contemplative way, and then nodded, neutral. "I don't mind." He looked over at Budge. "Hey, Budge! This nice man over here would like to....er, how did you say it? Oh! Right. 'Enter your mind' as it were. What do you think of that?"

Budge indicated his response with a rough shake up the fur, and a bobbing trot up to Vilda Mako. He dropped into a sit and looked up at the elder with a tilted head and alert ears. Girah smiled and looked to Vilda. "There's your answer. By the way, before you go scrambling my burnak's brains, mind telling me your name?"

"Name's Mako, kid" I introduced myself with a slight bow, had to keep some semblance of class.

"And don't worry about brain scrambling... think of it as more of a... mental handshake of sorts" I assured him as I leveled with the Burnak.

I stared into the Burnak's eyes, and took on a solid stone mask of concentration.

I reached out, and rapped against the Burnak's mind. Budge's mind was about the same level of intelligence I was used to from Kama, on the low end of the scale, admittedly.

Before Budge's eyes, he would see a large, gray-colored wolf, with a head hanging low and teeth dulled and rotting. An old warrior, saying its hello.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

As Budge moved away, Sinshi shook her head in amusement and straightened her crouched legs in a single motion. She watched Mako settle down in front of the Burnak with a degree of interest, though she once more forced the majority of her attention to her surroundings. The bright sun played across the sea surrounding the pad on which they stood, glittering on the waves to illuminate their cerulean blue depths. In many ways it was quite like her home. Fishing villages had always had a similar feel to them.

But somehow Ga-Koro was so... Vibrant. The villagers moved animatedly, bustling about the village. Many gathered to watch the Dasaka from a distance, but others carried on with their days. The market, only a ways behind them, was a scene of bustling activity. Merchants and customers alike bargained back and forth, seeking to raise or lower the price of an item. Fish, nets, cloth products... The latter in particular were sold at prices that would have dropped jaws on the Archipelago, and though Sinshi rarely had any inclination to shop, the lure of just what she might find within that market tempted her.

.:Does anyone know what the other villages were like?:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Budge

The Burnak lifted it s paw and perked up in surprised recoil. Then, after a moment's consideration and an observation of the wolf's gauntness and age, Budge bolted over to a nearby fish stall. Surreptitiously snagging a misplaced Ruki from under the counter and nose of the inattentive owner in the typical midday bustle, Budge came back back over and dropped his small prize onto the ground. He pushed the fish forward to the wolf with his muzzle, tapping it twice with a paw before stepping back. Budge sat down on the ground and watched the wolf with interest, tail flapping.

There was something off about the Burnak. It was hard to place. Sure, he was an animal. Indeed, a particularly bright animal who could invent parlor tricks just as much as he could perform them. But there was a frothing sort of awareness and creativity bubbling under the instinctive exterior, and the deeper Mako dug, the more strangely ordered the creature's mind became. Not particularly genius, but certainly unlike a typical Rahi. Certainly different than most minds were structured, in fact. The more primal, instinctual, base parts cracked and hissed with brilliance unexpected, while parts typically associated with anlysis or language or the sentient virtures were bursting with the energy of a unrestrained puppy or a unrelentingly cuddly kitten.

Edited by Funkydude527

IC: Vesun

Yes, I came by canister. Well... I crashed it here. But I suppose I should count my blessings - at least I didn't fall apart on the way here. Vesun gently regained control of the dream-body and picked up another memory. Are we going to have to do this for every one? he asked.

Well, never mind. However it's done, let's get on with it. He dove into the memory.

This memory was a person. A friend, he had a friend back home! He pushed deeper, and more details began to emerge. They had fought together - something, somehow - and they seemed to get along very well. He began to remember a shape, a color. There was... blue, with some gold as well. His friend had fought well, by changing his own body. Of course, Vesun thought. He was a shapeshifter. He paused as he thought harder, and finally seemed to triumph. Sarakh! That was his name. How could I forget him? A Rahkshi of Shapeshifting.

Vesun was too caught up to notice, but Vakua was surprised that in every fragment of memory, the two friends were alone. What's more, the environment seemed fuzzier and darker than before. Vesun charged forward, though, snatching at memories as they passed. Each brought him a little more of his life back, but Vakua still couldn't help but see that the world was getting darker around them.

I'm looking for a memory of my mission, Vesun told Vakua. It was very important. Can you help me?

OOC: Done with coursework, so LETS DO THIS

IC: I will try. The memories are getting worse, though, whatever is causing the problem is close.

Kalyss looked around; wasn't Mura somewhere? He had just disappeared. Kalyss frowned; not again. She took a few steps out into the street, still looking back at Vakua tending to Vesun. She couldn't leave them alone...

"Mura! Mura, you around?"

Meanwhile Casanuva had been watching the interactions with the Dasaka. He smirked as he overheard Mako's interaction with the rahi.

"From what I hear, a mental handshake kinda thing might have smoothed things over with my brother."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro, Dasaka Envoy)

"Looks like there's a lot more to you than meets the eye" I said to Budge after having withdrawn from his mind. Kama swooped down and snatched the fish in a flash of dull-colored feathers, I smirked and sent her a mildly scorning thought that she brushed off. Apparently she considered the fish a fair trade-off for me giving another animal than her any serious attention.

"From what I hear, a mental handshake kinda thing might have smoothed things over with my brother."

"Sinshi was acting according to her upbringing, and as far as I can piece together so was your brother. I have a feeling it won't be the last awkward moment between your lot and ours, but I'm gonna sit this one out and see what we get out of it"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Girah

Girah looked over to Mako. "I bet. Like I said: he's a clever little mutt."

Budge, meanwhile, was a bit confused. He looked around for the wolf, then noticing the bird taking off with the poor old sod's meal, he barked at it for a little bit, irritated. With a snort, he gave a cursory visual survey, before introspecting. After a moment of contemplation, Budge looked to Mako, putting two and two together. He quickly wandered over to the elderly gentleman and looked at him with a tunred head.

Girah noticed the bird, especially the strange species of it. He pointed to it. "Friend of yours, Mako?"

IC: Mako (Vilda Mako)

"That and then some" I replied as Kama settled on my shoulder "this here's my favorite gal, Kama, been with me since she was a chick, like her ma and grandma before her"

Kama nodded in confirmation, squawking with a certain irritation at the Burnak edging closer.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Girah

Budge returned the squawk with an indignant "RAOUF!"

Girah nodded appreciatively. "Got this poor mutt off a breeder who had a spot of unauthorized kennel tomfoolery as a puppy. I can certainly understand the comradere at work there. He is only one generation though, and still in his prime, methinks." Budges sassy flick of the head confirmed a shared opinion. Girah just rolled his eyes. "You see, this is why I worry about complementing you, you knavish stray." "Brugwroop."

[Ga-Koro, Center of Town]

Talli frantically tried to elbow the possessor of the arms that grabbed her from behind, but they were too strong too toa--there was no more air to gulp, and she had to slow down....

And the sheet and the room vanished, and she was back in the center of Ga-Koro, with Tarkah’s arms wrapped awkwardly around her.  She shrugged him off and leaned against the hut staring at the sky.

“Don’t ever call me… ‘Miss Talli’ again.”

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC - Tarkah [Center of Town]:

The Toa blinked for a second before looking down at the Ga-Matoran's small body in his arms. He quickly backed off with a slight yelp and cleared his throat. For a second, he had acted on pure instinct. The Parakuka remained silent in his mind but he could tell that it took an interest in this whole sequence.

"R-Right, sorry about that. W-We were worried and it looked like you were about to pass out..." The private said as he scratched the top of his mask. His fingers were still coiled tightly around the paper bag.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Ic: Garnu (Ga-wahi beach).

Along the beach, there were various pebbles, rocks and turtles. Today a Vortixx joined their aloof ranks of beach wash-up.

This Vortixx was very large, with a heavy hammer attached to his belt on the side, a medium sized sword on his back, wearing a white overcoat.

The Vortixx coughed, took in a long breath, and then opened his eyes. He stood up and rubbed at them. He looked around the beach.

It was a nice beach, but the problem was, where was this beach?

"Where the Karz have you taken me this time brother?" The Vortixx said to himself.

He started to wander up the beach.

Ooc: open to interaction.

IC:

I mean, I'm not gonna say you don't hear some crazy on Mata Nui. This is an island that's entire foundation is bedrock, some sand, and a heap of crazy . Growing up here is pretty much a crash course in never being surprised at anything else that happens, anywhere in the world, ever. Don't believe me?

• Exploding island chains!
  • Spirits of darkness that live in the island's core!
  • Six near-deities reincarnated as jokesters and military paper-pushers!
  • Everything with a goddamn Kanohi Iden!

Mata Nui. Contact your local tourism board today, and make your peace with God.

But you know...when you show up to bail a brother out, and instead you hear there's an alien invasion at the docks of Ga-Koro, there's not much you can do but slowly put your hand over your mouth, sigh in equal parts disgust and disbelief, and then:

"What."

"There's an alien invasion on the docks of Ga-Koro!" 

No, no, I got that part. But...

"What."

The Marine we had talked to trying to access Ga-Koro wasn't much more help than that. Left to stew in her excitement on gate duty, she'd only agreed to let known terrorist and thief Dorian Shaddix into the village after the word of two different Guardswomen (and getting half-true assurances that I wasn't sleeping with them) and a promise that we'd come back and talk about what the aliens were like. That second promise was going to be a pain in the , but once we had Cipher in tow I didn't see much of a reason not to keep it. Maybe that would throw people for a lift - starting to actively keep promises. 

Anyway, moral of the story, we got into Ga-Koro; you'd think that would be a bit more of a help, but knowing Cipher he was probably stuck in a fishing equipment store trying to find out what right turn you take to get to Golden Weapons Gambling. All I knew, I told Skyra, is that I wanted to be as far away from alien invasion as I could get.

"Because," I explained patiently, "in every story about an alien invasion I ever read, everyone who crowds around the aliens to get a better look at them ends up dead and disintegrated. Dying's one thing, but disintegration? It don't leave the prettiest corpse, Sky, and just so happens we have ourselves several pretty people in tow, so it's three times the disappointment."

I think Skyra agreed with my math. In the meantime...Cipher.

If I were Cipher, where would I be lost?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Tyrus / Center of Town

"Well, glad that's over with, then."

The aged Lesterin stood over the two Marines, staring down at their sprawled forms in the streets, but making no move to help either of them up. They got themselves into this position, they can well get themselves out of it as well. His gaze was, in a word, imperious.

"If we're all finished," Tyrus continued, lifting his head to look back at the horizon, "then, Private Talli, would you rather be escorted back to your residence, or to the hospital?"

---

IC: The Angler / The Southern Charm

I leaned over onto the railing of ship, which could have easily been the most fluid motion I'd performed since getting onto the ship, and brought a hand up to shade my eyes as I examined the newcomers. Of course, I couldn't see much, honestly; even in the semi-darkness, my daytime eyesight was comparable to that of a Skakdi who had just finished melting through a steel door with heat vision.

Which, by the way, is generally the best to kill them.

"Not sure if the armour's a nobility thing, Sudo," I said, still scrutinizing them. "Looks like they're all wearing crystal armour to me."

---

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

"Quite the set of lungs on that dog of yours, Girah," I said, nodding appreciatively, tucking away the subject of business until the Mat-toran decided to bring it up again. "And quite the ego, it seems. Reminds of me a little of me. Only I'm a little more attractive and more ... bipedal."

I shot the wolf an apologetic smile. "No offence or anything."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]