BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Darien 

An empire? From across the sea? Well that explained the underwater vessel, it was quite enormous. Darien let Captain Treize do the talking, she was the highest ranking marine present so that task fell to her. Darien was thankful for it really, at that moment he wouldn't have known what to say, he was lost in thought. Not so terribly long ago he'd been the prince of another land, though his memories of that place dwindled everyday, something about coming to Mata Nui had clouded his memories of his past. His father the king and his family had made it to Mata Nui, only to be slaughtered by the dark lord Makuta. Darien was one of the few surviving members of his family.

But that life was long past him now, he was a Marine of Ga-koro now, not a prince. And right now a crazy looking Fe-Matoran was swimming toward them with a grin so wide it would have scared a clown. Darien rowed his raft to meet Girah and then reached down, plucking him out of the water and putting him on the raft. 

"Oi, calm yourself." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[Ga-koro, Marine Headquarters]

Talli’s plans to have a tame meal with her family were spoiled by her enthusiastic younger siblings and the arrival of an alien ship.

“At least you didn’t manage to drag mother and father with us--shouldn’t you be helping them with--”

“Sush, they’re talking!”

Nahlu took after their father (before the accident); long and lanky.  This allowed him to get a prime view of the weird crystally toa things that were standing on the boat.  Talli had to crane her neck to catch a glimpse of the one of their heads.

Great, she thought, as the one called Hanako finished her speech.  Not only are they ostentatious as a mating gukko, they also are a bunch of self-important flyfishes.

She kept a firm hand on her sister Melsu's shoulder to keep the impetuous young matoran from dashing out and trying to swim to the ship.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC Girah: Girah was plucked from the water by the Toa, to be greeted by the most wonderous sight he had ever beheld. Mata Nui, they were something else. Each tiny element of their outfits seemed to contain an iconography lost on him and the other natives of Mata Nui. They were like Toa, but certainly not Toa. Archangels decended from a world known only to the Great Spirit? Perhaps a more mundane association with geography and environment. That seemed for more likely, but the former was more poetic. Do they write poetry? What would they write about? Is clothing some sort of poetic expressio-

"Oi, calm yourself." 

Girah blinked, looking at the Toa, blankly staring for a moment. Gesticulating to the new arrivals, he says "Calm? We have just encountered a group of beings so alien to us that their very apparel and gait seems exotic, initiated a contact between lands and cultures so dramatic it has no precedent, sparked a new age of knowledge and discovery across cultures and civilizations (not to mention inventing the plural form of civilization), and you ask me to be calm?"

Turning to face the new arrivals with a wide grin. A small, giddy laugh bubbles up from inside him, followed by an excited exclamation. "Simply being here, in the same boat as such a wonderful party of gracious guests is a honor!"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Angitu had dismissed the cane he had haphazardly created.

His curiosity and interest in the newcomers caused him to start doing what he knew best. 

Showing off, of course. He began a slow walk into the water, and as the water was about to go past his head, two metal columns that had risen under his feet had lifted him back to the waters surface. He closed his eyes in concentration and took a step off the column, the moment he did the column his foot had been willed away to be replaced by one where his foot would land, giving the impression of walking on water, his stark grey and orange armor providing a contrast against the waters. 

He continued this trick, moving in the direction of the submarine.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC: (Mons Shajs/Ga-Koro Docks)

It was a fine lunch break, he thought. A nice shrimp platter, some cooled Bula berries and a glass of wine. It was the Dockman's Reprieve, a small family joint on the edge of the Koro, and one of his favorite spots. He came here, on this particular day of the week, most every week. Here, Shajs was known by name, and treated well by the Skakdi couple who owned the place. He was pulling out a cigar, and asking for another glass in Skakdi to the waitress when the Ga-Matoran came in. She was another regular, a fisherwoman, she had a look on her face that told him of shock and wonder. She came to him, and told him in a peculiar tone "Shajs-erm, Corporal, there's a boat-no-tube boat thing- it's outside, people are coming OUT OF IT!"

Wait, what?

He popped a mint into his mouth, and stood up. "Don'ta worr'a, dearie, I'la investagate tha boat yer talkin' 'bout. Sit'a down, I'la handla it." The Marine grabbed his belt, mortuary sword, pistol and all, and strapped it on. He didn't know what kind of boat the Matoran was talking about, but he had a duty to investigate it. Putting a couple of widgets down as pay, he left, feeling the eyes of the patrons following him. Outside there was commotion unlike any he'd seen in ages. Sailors, Marines, shopkeepers. Everyone and their mothers were going to see. With a great bark, he ordered a rushing crowd to stay back. As karz, it might be a bloody Tarakava. Oh, and the lily-pads might not be able to handle a gigantic crowd...

A Tarakava it wasn't. It was a crystal ship, a tube-boat-thing, as the Matoran had described to him. And it had people on it, what appeared from a slight distance to be Ga-Toa, in shiny armor. He didn't recognize the ship, didn't recognize the crew. Something seemed off. He saw there were a lot of these Ga-Toa, and that Treize didn't have much in the way of back-up, in her little rowboat. Three, it seemed, compared to around a dozen visible strangers. So driven partially by curiosity, and partially by concern for the safety of the Captain, he went to the Fortune. Flashing his badge to the Marine stationed to guard the vessel, he lowered another rowboat, and climbed in. It was similar to the ships he once fished in, so he hadn't any problem piloting it.

As the Captain was meeting with Hanako, he began to paddle out, around to the area where Darien and Girah were. He kept on going, ever so faster.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Arisaka

Arisaka surveyed the natives on their lilypads, observing them with both curiosity and caution. They were all unknowns, they appeared to be friendly, but appearances weren't everything. She had to stay on guard, no harm could come to Lady Hanako.

The natives appeared to be equally as curious about them, cautious as well. So far they didn't appear to be savages, thought they lacked...sophistication. She noted she wasn't reading any activity on the mental plane from the natives. 

IC: Soraya [The Chisai Ryu]

One squid, three extra cleaning shifts for poor behavior, fifteen arm-wrestling matches (she definitely had that one with the engineer in her book, no matter what the record said), and way, way too many nights in a cramped, dim bunk. 

Soraya took a few extra breaths as she stepped out onto the deck, just for good measure.  This better be one good island for going through all that.  (Not that it had been all bad - one of those extra shifts had come after a three-hour "WE BEAT A GIANT SEA MONSTER AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE ANYONE" celebration.  Not officially sanctioned.  Sticks-in-the-mud.) 

The Commodore's speech had been decent, as far as speeches went - Soraya had caught Nihi tensing at the mention of the Chaotic Six, but the Dasaka had snapped out of it quickly enough, and Soraya had let her be.  She couldn't blame Nihi for her anger; she just knew there was a very real chance of things going very, very badly if those spiky-backed psychos ever showed themselves again.

As for Soraya herself - there was one part of the Commodore's speech that she'd found herself nodding along to.  They were the first Dasaka here, and that meant it was on them to show these Mata Nuians what they could do.  Be awesome and remember they're people too - that was a philosophy she could get behind.

And now they were here.  Mata Nui.  She couldn't help but grin as she patted the side of her bag - okay, so technically they weren't here to sell things, but there was no way she was leaving without getting to see a whole new civilization get feast its eyes on Plangori dyes for the first time.  Best quality on both sides of the ocean - that sounded like a good new slogan to have.   

Then things got exciting.

She had to stifle a laugh as Hanako made her speech to the poor sods in the boat - Hanako was practically jumping out of her skin in excitement and not hiding it as well as she thought she was, and the woman she was speaking to looked like a - hah, she looked like a Plangori saihoko dropped into the imperial capitol. 

Next was one of those not-quite-Dashi, paddling towards them like a madman and shouting all sorts of greetings; after that came one of the not-quite-Dasaka walking through the bay.  (Okay, that was a nice trick.)  And here came another boat, with - oh.  So that's what the Chaotic Six had looked like.  Here's hoping Nihi takes the time to compare colors before launching into vengeful fury. 

Soraya grinned, leaned against the railing, looked out over the village, and waved to the gathered crowds.  Yeah, this was better than playing imperial saleswoman already.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Angitu was nearing the bow of the ship.

Stopping short he concentrated on the two pillars beneath his feet, extending their length to raise him into the air, bringing himself to be above the deck of the vehicle.

Angitu crossed his arms as he looked down upon the vessel and it's crew, grinning underneath his helmet.

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

IC - Tarkah [Marine Headquarters]: 

After what seemed like an eternity the Toa pocketed the pen and stood up from his seat. He glanced briefly at the Private's wounded limb and nodded. The potential recruit looked away as he handed the document to the receptionist and hovered around the front desk before deciding to lean against a wall and wait.

"A-Alright, I think that's all of it then. I suppose I'll just wait here then..."

Edited by -Golden Knight-

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Asa

"... He doesn't look well."

Asa stared at the iron elemental that was now standing on two metal pillars, looking down on the deck of the Ryu.

"Sir, you do not look too well; please return/

To the safety of land, and get some rest."

"Trust me, I'm a doctor."

OOC: assuming that they can actually talk to each other...

Darien sighed, "If you say so." It wasn't that Darien didn't find it all exciting, he just believed there was such a thing as being too excited. 

Darien looked at Angitu as he raised himself up on pillars of iron. Why was everyone suddenly behaving all erratically the moment some newcomers showed up? 

"Is the air fresher up there or something?" What a show off. 

Edited by Skitty

Darien sighed, it looked like he'd have to be the one to take care of this. He rowed his raft closer to the Toa of Iron making a fool of himself. 

"Sir please get down from there before you cause us further embarrassment. This is Marine business now." 

Edited by Skitty

"Aki," the Dashi said conversationally, "while I appreciate looking for business opportunities, please don't harvest the native's feet.  That's how nicknames get started.  You really don't want to spend the rest of your life known as the foot-harvester.  I'm speaking from experience here."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC Kirgan & Juho (NPC)

(Ga-Koro, Juho's hut):

"Mata Nui...", Juho breathed as he glanced outside and saw the submarine of the Dasaka in the distance. Although he could only see its outline, he could tell the craft was something magnificent, and out of this world.

Kirgan saw it too and immediately became jumpy. "Another threat? Or not?"

Juho shrugged.

"I hope Vesun wakes up soon", Kirgan said. "To see this."

IC Tuli & Khervos

(Ga-Koro):

Thoughts of battle were swiftly forgotten as the submarine of the Dasaka docked in a dramatic fashion, attracting lots of attention from the locals.

"That's... that's amazing!" Tuli said in awe.

Khervos turned his gaze towards Casanuva and the others (it seemed one of the Toa had left), and could see Mirra and Wisp enacting some kind of plan to capture the invisible Skorm. It looked like the plan was succeeding, seeing as Skorm was now followed by a big shadow cast by the lightstone dust around him.

"We have some business here", Khervos said and ran up to Mirra and Wisp.

"Aki," the Dashi repeated, "do not harvest the feet.  Do we need to go over what feet are, again? They're limbs.  Attached to a person."

• Upvote 1

"Look," Soraya said, "I think it's going to be easier if we cut out the middleman here." 

She turned and shouted up at Feetman, "Hey! Can she have your feet?"

IC: Angitu ignored the native Mata-Nuians, paying more attention to the newcomers, confused about them apparently wanting his feet

"Err..My feet?" He looked down for a moment and was reminded he was standing on two metal columns. "Oh, right."

"Metal must not be as common where they come from."

Looking back to the foreigners Angitu said "I'm quite..attached to my feet, but....I'd gladly share some of what they can do, if you don't, y'know. burn me at the stake or something." 

IC: Eleen (Ga-koro)

A blue, tall Toa approaches me with his hands raised, and says "Officer! I was just in the middle of saving my brother's life. How can the Toa Kalta help you today?" I look at him and others near him, presumably part of this 'Toa Kalta'. A grey Toa with a Suletu, a very rare mask, and two others amidst the smoke. I turn my head back to look at the blue Toa. "I was told that there was a Ba-Toa causing trouble here." The nearby lily pad platform had collapsed into the water, badly damaged. The smoke was making the air very unpleasant to breathe. "I assume that all this carnage was caused by him or her." None of the Toa nearby had the colourations of a Ba-Toa. "Have you seen the person behind all this damage? He or she must be brought to justice," I say with a stern voice.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

There's a certain rock sitting somewhere on Ga-wahi's beaches. It's a nice rock you know? Real comfy, perfectly smooth from all the erosion. Except ... nobody knows that this rock is here. Nobody knows its history. Nobody knows that its situated in prime locale for fishing. And nobody will know. After all, nobody really cares. It's just a rock, ain't it? Even if it's so comfortably smooth, there's nothing special about it. Nothing.

But once, it was special to someone.

Even if we don't think too much of it, the rock used to be familiar to someone. Someone would come everyday and sit on the rock, whistling little ditties and staring off into the sea. It meant something to them. They had history together. They were one on this patch of beach. Maybe that someone didn't really think much of the rock as more than a comfy rock, but it was probably a fixture of their life.

It's not one for anyone else though. And it won't be. After all, nobody else is that someone.

And the rock'll just be another rock now.

Because that someone is gone.

Even the little things have sentimental value to someone.

But in the end, even that value will disappear, and the rock that someone quite liked ... will just be another worthless rock.

Life will just move on.

Maybe this rock and everything around it will disappear too one day.

The memory of that someone who cherished the rock has already, after all.

And life will just move on.

Isn't it sad, Quada?

• Upvote 17

IC: Asa

"... I feel more forceful pressure is required to get this spirit of metal out of the water," Asa yelled over at the boat of what were apparently called Marines. Why would they name a military force after the sea? Wasn't that what the navy was for?

She had also completely overlooked the fact that it was a metal elemental and so was confused by Soraya and Akimoto's conversation at first.

Then it hit her.

"... Ah."

"Yes, metal is really rare where we come from," Asa replied to Angitu. "Now please: get back to shore-watchfortheoar!!!"

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC Girah: Girah took the close approach and confusion as a chance to scoot his way down the boat. Weaving his way through the small rowboat, regaining his sea-legs quickly, he made a break for the most important looking one there, an admiral or commodore by the looks of things. As the Toa marine tried to talk down his metal-summoning brethren, Girah straightened himself up as the boat rocked.

With a small clearing of the throat, and an officialness practiced eternally and simultaneously improvised, Girah made his best argument for further interaction with these new individuals to this apparent leader. "Greetings and salutations, merry journeymen! It really is a true honor to meet you. Now your arrival in Ga-Koro indicates you have some knowledge of our land, but I am sure you continue to have many, many questions about our fair little island of Mata Nui, and of us, its jovial, if flawed, inhabitants. I know that I, for one, am equally interested in your people and your lands."

Girah noticed Aki and Soraya speaking from the deck of the boat, bartering for the Fe-Toa's feet. He could not help but smile. "I mean, we have so much to share! Your incredible technology and rich artistry, our island's natural wealth and powerful heroes, a mutally beneficial relationship is practically bursting from these first tentative steps! But also, a near immediate, if comical and innocuous, misunderstanding. I would hope to provide explanations for all questions yourpeople may have to the best of my ability. Mata Nui, if your grace is willing, I would gladly give a tour of my terrestrial home to you or some of your men. All I ask as payment for this service is the anility to do so, for merely interacting with you and yours is payment enough. Who knows? Perhaps the favor may be returned! But I overstep and reveal my eager pretense."

Girah blinked, realizing another error. "I also ramble on to an honored guest. Excuse my rudeness as enthusiasm, if you provide such a generous pardon." The Matoran's smile turns apologetic, and he shinks a bit from his proud stature.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC:

.:Does this Dashi realize that most of us are women?:. Sinshi wondered 'aloud', though in this strange place, it was clear that Ideatalk would only be heard by her comrades. She mentally filed away some key details of what Girah had said, resolving to consider them later.

Not now. So many people made her wary.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Shajs/The Bay)

He had to help control the situation. Rowing out towards Angitu, barked out an order. "Oi. getta' down frum there. Now. Thisisa area cord'uned off by tha Ga-Koro Marines. If ya don't gita down, I'la take ya down!" The Skakdi meant business, in that regard. "Come inta tha boat, sir."

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Angitu turned, and in a impressive (At least, to him) feat of acrobatics, managed to go from standing on two pillars to sitting on one. He was now facing the marines as an oar went sailing just where his head was when he was standing

"Is hostility and in-fighting really the first thing you want to show our guests? That never would have stood when I was a marine, guess times have changed." Angitu turned his head to the concerned newcomer. 

"I appreciate your concern, but I've been through worse...If you still feel this cut needs to be looked at, mayhaps I could come aboard?" He said as he looked at the boat "I find it's always polite to ask."

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui

IC Girah: Clearing his throat, he tried to ignore Beynii and her comment about his authority in these matters, and this Toa's insult to his enthusiasm. Some people cannot appreciate a big moment like he could. Perhaps less formal convorasation would be more effective. Noticing the newcomer in the red robe, he remarked unsteadily "Er, that's a very nice pin you have there."

OOC: Just to clarify, I am on the rowboat with the ambassadors.

Edited by Funkydude527

IC: (Shajs)

"Still'a, this isa official Marine business," Shajs said. "Ya ain't an official Marine. Come'a down."