BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Jim

"That is quite severe," commented the guard as they continued through the streets, "you made the right decision in bringing him to a hospital quickly."

IC Karna

"Yes, I did."

Soon, the De-Toa would see the Po-Koro hospital. Having never seen it before, the author  Karna was unable to describe it. So he would rely on his guide to do so

...but close to it

The Po-koro hospital, like many hospitals, looked like a hospital. It was a pretty snazzy building, and was quite large (to handle the fact that the Guard kept getting hurt in the weirdest of situations, such as the Kane-Ra Bash of Five Years Past). However, there was its share of wear and tear, including a large dent above its entrance that remained after somebody punted a Rahkshi into it back in the day.

"Here we are."

IC: Skuggy

"No worries. Being curious about the world is good."

Skuggy pointed up.

"Crow's nest is there."

IC:

"Right," Jarrun nodded. He then began to grasp the rope that connected to the crow's nest and the mast and pull himself up with his upper body strength. It only took about a minute for him to get to the top. He climbed into the crow's nest and then spread his arms feeling free and alive as he began to search the waters around them.

Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro- Sentinel HQ

IC:

Rynekk didn't leave immediately. 

He gathered up the files and papers and tablets that Kale had been studying, intent on perusing them on the way to meet up with Naona and Dehkaz. Call him old-fashioned, but the Toa still preferred to do his own research rather than rely on the words of others.

He pressed the bundle up against his ribcage and, with a minor application of power, secured it to his person with a shell of stone.

Then, smiling, and with another minor application of power, he rocketed after Kale Ironshaper.

IC Halyx:

IC:

I didn't have the time or energy or bloody inclination to argue with Halyx about this, so I didn't. I just stayed silent, and buried Tallix. The corpse. The body that used to be Tallix you know what I mean. I didn't look at himit much during the process. I didn't want to see the blood that had spilt, didn't want to know if his eyes were open and unstaring or closed like he was asleep. If I did have any morbid fascination with death that day, I kept it to myself and didn't indulge.

I remembered telling someone something. Before the Rahkshi attack in Ta-Koro. Equal parts pain and glory. I was describing a battle, or our inevitable victory or something inanely idealistic like that. Equal parts pain and glory. Wasn't that what I was looking at today? Only the pain wasn't mine, it was his its whatever.

Only the glory was mine.

But I found myself wanting the pain.

I wondered, idly, if Tallix could have been the man to have killed my parents. He'd killed so many people apparently. Would it have been so impossible for him to have killed them too. 

Maybe he did.

Maybe he didn't.

We'll never know, will we?

actually you know what i don't want to talk about the burial

Soon, Tallix was buried, and I guess I was ready to go.

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

The Po-koro hospital, like many hospitals, looked like a hospital. It was a pretty snazzy building, and was quite large (to handle the fact that the Guard kept getting hurt in the weirdest of situations, such as the Kane-Ra Bash of Five Years Past). However, there was its share of wear and tear, including a large dent above its entrance that remained after somebody punted a Rahkshi into it back in the day.

"Here we are."

IC Karna

"You have my thanks," the Ba-Toa is in the throes of another coughing fit.

"Likely his as well."

The priest wheels him into the hospital, it is sparse but seems well tended. Thankfully, the doctors aren't too alarmed or suspicious about his wounds. One of them, a old Po-Matoran merely murmurs in agreement that "Fallin' bouldahs can be a might' dangerous thang." Skorm is quickly and carefully moved to a more professional stretcher and taken into emergency care. A nurse informs me that they have several Toa with masks of healing, so they should be able to stabilize him quickly. Past that, his wounds are severe and could take a long time to heal, months even. Rehabilitation could take even longer

I take a seat in the lobby, now it was time to wait

OOC: Skorm bunnying is over

...but close to it

IC Halyx:

As Halyx and Lumira started toward the Spirit, Halyx began to wonder why Lumira would give such scum a proper sendoff. "Lumira, I just need to know... Why? He didn't deserve it, and you knew that, but it was clear that it had nothing to do with who he was. Is there something else? Did something happen to you?" He hadn't known Lumira for long, but this was clearly something that bothered her. The obvious thing was that she had killed a person, but... 

OOC:

Testing out the color system. Yay...

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

OOC: If you want.

"Probably to your right!"

IC: Jarrun

"Aha, there is is." Jarrun said as he grasped the large metal telescope to his right with an orange armored hand. He then pressed it to his mask and began to look through the scope, sweeping the silvery-clear ocean waves for any signs of something of interest. After a few minutes of looking Jarrun was about to give up and pull away from the scope when something dark floating in the water caught his eye.

"Captain! I see something!" Jarrun said as he zoomed in further. He saw what appeared to be chunks of wood floating amongst rubble. "It looks like a ship, that has been blown apart and destroyed, there could be injured! To the North east about two kilos away."

OOC: Uh, sure? Maybe? I'd say its been a few days for each topic we've been in, so... at least six?

IC: Skorm sharply inhaled, and his eyes were open. He tried to bolt upright, but cringed as his lower body buckled beneath him, sending him back onto the gurney. Skorm breathed heavily; nothing around him was the same. Sweltering heat? Sunlight? Matoran? He saw Karna; good, a familiar mask.

The Ba-Toa leaned as far up as he was able, propping himself up on his elbows. "Where... am... I?" he wheexed through gritted teeth.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Halyx:

"Lumira... This must be hard for you. I know that you needed that closure. But you've done something for the dozens of people he's killed. You've given them closure. You've avenged them. It might be your fault, but you... you're a hero. That's what counts."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: "So, have you and her been travelling together a while now? By the way, I'm Sola, nice to meet you." She asked and told in quick, easy, and friendly succession to the large Ta-Toa behind her, extending him not a hand but, interestingly, a fist. The fabled bro-fist, a tradition passed down through generations those who strived to be the epitome of excellent to eachother.

As one of those chosen few, it was only proper she greeted him thusly, along with the ever-present bright demeanor and grin.

helo frens

OOC: Do you smell that? It's strawberry jam. Probably. Maybe. Wheeeeeeeh.

I need a break.

IC:

The sun was only beginning to set by the time the two travelers had finished setting up camp for the night. Darkness had yet to enroach upon the the hot sands of the Motara Desert, a fact that Naona was admittedly quite thankful for. While she was still intent on reaching Onu-koro as soon as possible, it had been far simpler to establish a campsite during the daylight hours; doing so at night would have taken far too long for her tastes.

"Have I ever told you how Hari and I first met?" She glanced up at Dehkaz, offhandedly stoking the beginnings of a fire.

Dehkaz looked up from where he was tying down the last corner of their two fabric tents, the cloth providing a reasonable amount of protection from the sand billowing through the cooling air.  He didn't immediately answer, obviously taking a moment to try and recall if she had indeed had.

Though at this point, he probably would have let her speak even if she had told him before.  They were both on edge, and Naona seemed to be dealing with it as she normally did: silent determination, keeping it as a chaotic maelstrom of emotion under lock and key.  He could see it in her eyes. Not unlike himself.

Yes, a conversation would do them both good.

"No, I don't believe so," Dehkaz replied, moving to sit across from her at the slowly growing fire.

"It occurred after I returned from Le-koro," Naona explained, smiling softly to herself as she remembered the fateful day.

Had it really been so long since their meeting in that quiet hallway? The crying girl who just wanted her parents back and the broken teenager adrift in depression ... they had changed so much over the years, but to the Toa of Stone, the memory was still as clear as day. She could remember her younger self reaching out to the child sitting beside her; in that moment, she had seen somebody like her, someone whose most precious people had been lost. And she had sought to dry the young Hari's tears.

She would never ever, even in a million years, forget the radiant smile that had spread across the little girl's face.

"I had been sitting outside Hewkii's office due to an ... incident I sparked when I noticed Hari crying beside me."

"... Here, take this."

"His name is Jonathan."

"... I don't believe he wishes you to be sad."

The younger Naona had been trapped within the depths of despair, completely at loss on how to comfort a child. But she tried anyway, handing the girl a small rock statue she herself had made. It was a horrible creature, with deformed eyes and a crooked nose. And contrary to what she had believed then, it worked. The sniffles and wiping of tears was evidence.

"I gave her a rock to raise her spirits."

"After Le-Koro," Dehkaz echoed, more to himself as an afterthought than a real part of the conversation at hand.  Yes, he knew exactly what had happened there, what it would have done to Naona.  Almost unconsciously, his gaze drifted to the spear lying beside her, and the pieces clicked into place.

"That... was a good thing you did, loosing someone's loved ones like that is extremely difficult to go through," Dehkaz said, finally speaking up.  His voice was hoarse, but just barely so.  He'd come to terms with his demons before, both past and present, but others always seemed to rise up to take their place. "The poor girl, sounds like she needed you."

And you her, he added silently.

"The shock, the confusion, the uncertainty, Hari was lucky to have you."

"Hmm, I suppose so," said Naona, watching as the fire grew rapidly in size. "Hari was a strong girl even then; had I not been there, I believe she still would've recovered quickly."

Hari's presence had provided her with somebody to fight for; somebody who she could protect in the service of the Po-koro Guard. She had been lost, apathetic and gloomy, but the younger girl had helped find herself again. And over time, she came to love the Toa of Plantlife as a precious little sister.

And her role as the big sister was to protect their younger sibling at all costs.

"I wonder if she still keeps those rocks I gave her over the years."

"I wouldn't be surprised," Dehkaz mused, tending the fire before them now that it had grown to a suitable height.  It was enough to keep going through the night and ward off the desert's chill.

"Hari certainly looks up to you," he shifted a piece of charred wood over, releasing a burst of sparks that drifted off through the slowly darkening sky, "And yes, I'm sure she would have gotten through it own her own, eventually, but she was lucky to have a role model like you, someone to look up to."

He was more than certain that Hari would have made it through the whole ordeal of loosing her parents at such an age, but if she would have come out of it as the Hari they knew and cared for today, he wasn't as sure.  He could guess, but not dwelling on what could have been was a lesson Dehkaz took to heart.

"It's still light enough out," Dehkaz started in a much less hoarse tone, pulling himself from his thoughts, not for the first time since they started their trip.  "Would you like to practice your marksmanship?"

"Yes I would," Naona replied as she rose to her feet. Inwardly, she still felt that Hari could have found a better role model than her, but she had tried her best anyway.

But no more thinking about the past. She had a lesson to attend.

The smaller firearm Dehkaz had given her was still hanging off her belt, its weight bringing an unfamiliar presence. She definitely needed to learn how to use it as soon as possible; it would be unacceptable if she could not properly utilise one of her own weapons to its fullest extent. Beyond the basic understanding that pulling the trigger fired a projectile at a target, there was little that the Toa of Stone knew about the functionings of a gun. Maintenance, proper safety techniques, firing methods ... all these were things that she didn't exactly understand, and she was intent on rectifying that.

"How shall we begin?"

OOC: Uh, sure? Maybe? I'd say its been a few days for each topic we've been in, so... at least six?

IC: Skorm sharply inhaled, and his eyes were open. He tried to bolt upright, but cringed as his lower body buckled beneath him, sending him back onto the gurney. Skorm breathed heavily; nothing around him was the same. Sweltering heat? Sunlight? Matoran? He saw Karna; good, a familiar mask.

The Ba-Toa leaned as far up as he was able, propping himself up on his elbows. "Where... am... I?" he wheexed through gritted teeth.

IC Karna

"Po-Koro. The hospital to be precise "

The priest checks around, their immediate area is clear. He creates a subtle field of silence around him and the Ba-Toa

"You do remember what happened in the Vault, correct? The Skakdi left afterwards. I brought you here on a merchant caravan, to be honest. I am quite surprised you lived."

...but close to it

Kale Ironshaper- Forsi- Fowadi

IC: With a final burst of speed Kale raced onto the deck of the ship beside Rynekk. The silver Toa was used to using his mask repeatedly in small amounts, not racing across the entire desert while trying to stay ahead of somebody else. So even though the other Toa had started after him, they had arrived at roughly the same time.

Leaning over, Kale gasped for breath as he tried to recover from the extended run. For several seconds he said nothing before straightening back up and calling out.

"Fowadi crew! Make ready to sail! The captain and Sentinel Naona have started off ahead of us overland to Onu-koro to go pick up one of our crew. There is something odd about this case so we are going to sail as close as we can and then book it on foot."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Andrex:

Smiling, Andrex returned the gesture in kind, heartily bumping the fist with his own.

"As a matter of fact, we haven't traveled together long. She saved me from the perils of the desert. Funny, a Fire Toa taken down by heatstroke."

He chuckled.

"My name is Andrex, it is an honor to meet you, Sola."

IC: "Really, heatstroke?" she repeated in mild disbelief. "It's a good thing she did, then, you might not have held out long enough for me to find you! Are you sure it wasn't dehyrdation, maybe?" She glanced down at his empty water mug. That certainly seemed like a much more likely scenario, given that he was a Ta-Toa and it was the dryness that usually did people in.

"Either way, that's why I made sure to have a hood and plenty of hydration when I came here. You have to be really careful with deserts. Do you have either of those right now?"

She produced her hooded cloak (formerly red-feathered as her head now was) and a waterskin as helpful examples.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

So I was walking around Po-Koro the other day... heh.

Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

So I was strolling across town a while back and I stumbled upon a spare widget lying in the road. When I went to pick it up a Fa-Toa came by and grabbed it right out of my fingertips with his elemental power. He turned to me and said "Don't mind my magnetic personality".

"God that was terrible" I thought to myself, pleased that I did not suffer from any compulsion to tell every bad joke I could think of

Either way, I was not actually looking for spare widgets, I was actually just passing through on my way to the Sentinel quartermaster to pick up parts like Dehkaz had offered me. Kreff was behind me as usual, carrying a large box.

Although we tried to make a beeline for the Sentinel HQ, something did grab my ever-present, unflappable attention (shut up, it is too). A poster that'd drawn a small crowd.

The poster was lambasting the Sentinels and calling Hewkii a dictator, "an army of thugs with badges" it said.

One such "thug with a badge" was already in the middle of angrily questioning the nearby civilians about who wrote this "drivel" (not bad choice of words, gotta admit).

"Maybe it was someone who has a beef with the Sentinels. Did you check your prisons to see if someone's escaped recently?"

The Sentinel, a Po-Toa with a Calix and a pretty big sword, snapped his head at me angrily, clearly not liking the prospect of what to him looked like an uppity kid butting into something that wasn't his business.

(... seriously though do I still look that young?)

"You better watch your mouth, kid" the Sentinel threatened, and my brain immediately fell into familiar thought patterns.

Truth is, I've rarely had a good relationship with THE LAW, growing up dirt poor and homeless will do that to you.

Okay, so maybe it was thanks to some sort of program in Onu-Koro that I actually got a chance at a real job in the first place, but I was feeling nostalgic right now.

Nostalgic about messing with the cops, that is.

"Have you watched your mouth recently? It doesn't sound like you can tell what nonsense is coming out of it"

"Why you little" the Sentinel fumed and got red around the ears. He reached down to grab me, but I dashed to the side and started navigating my way through the crowd.

Behind me, the Sentinel pushed people aside and bruised forward in an attempt to keep up, but he was outta luck. I had been running from aggravated cops for at least ten years, I was at home here (figuratively speaking, I hadn't been in Po-Koro that long).

The Sentinel struggled to see me in the crowd, but eventually I ran out of crowd and had to rely on my speed, and some added insurance that I'd grabbed from Kreff before running off.

I fastened the Wrist-Volo quickly as I rounded a corner, already feeling the old sense of gleeful abandon kick in as I realized I'd run into a dead-end alley. It was time to pull an old trick out of the sleeve.

I fired the grapnel up at one of the nearby roofs, hearing it clamp against something up there before it began to pull me up.

And then I could just hang back and snicker upon seeing the Sentinel almost run into the wall at the end of the dead-end alley. The look on his face was priceless. Time to dutch stubborn and slow here and get going.

"Hey, lovechild of Onewa and an impotent Mahi Goat, up here" I called, just as I jumped off the roof and fell on him.

"Oomph" came the Sentinel's muffled grunt as I landed on his face and bounced off, grappling to a nearby roof and taking off again.

Undeterred, the Sentinel made chase, rounded the corner behind the other house and found...

A panting Ussal Crab next to a toppled crate, its contents spilled out on the ground.

Putting two and two together, the Sentinel continued running.

Once the Sentinel's angry cries and stomping footprints faded away, I crawled out of the crate laughing.

"Ahahahaha, I haven't had that much fun in a while" I snickered as I started helping Kreff pick up the mess.

"Let's go to the Sentinel quartermaster and pick up what we came for and high-tail it back to the workshop, I said. Kreff sighed again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ryza and Kelz.

Come dawn, the two Vortixx packed up camp and set off once more, with Ryza taking point this time around, since Kelz had gotten them so dismally lost the day before. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Ryza groaned, poring over the map and comparing it to the discernable landmarks around them. "We've missed the village completely." 

"Where are we, then?" Kelz asked.

"In the middle of the bloody desert, that's where!" Ryza snapped, "We're closer to where we left the ship than we are to the village." 

"Well then, why don't we just go straight back to the ship?" Kelz suggested. 

Ryza considered this for a few moments. "Ugh, fine..." she grumbled, "...let's go..." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Njaa

Njaa sat on a bench in the streets of Po.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

My attention was one again caught, this time by something that actually looked interesting to me.

A Toa of Earth with an Akaku and... two monocles, stylish. And a Kohlii Stick... must be one of those overly imaginative Toa. She looked bored.

"Hey miss, something got you down?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Skuggy's expression immediately turned serious, moving to ready the sails.

"Try to prepare as much space as possible on the deck."

IC: Jarrun

"Aye!" Jarrun shouted before he grasped the reigns and used them to slide down to the bottom, the ropes burning his palms a bit on the way down but Jarrun didn't have time for that. No, he had to make sure there was room on the deck if there were any survivors.

Once on the deck he immediately began pushing barrels, crates, anything that was in the way to the sides and away from the main deck to clear space, activating his mask of strength to move the heavier objects quicker then normal.

Kale Ironshaper- Forsi- Fowadi

IC:

Rynekk, despite his heavy-set appearances, was far more acclimated to using his Kakama over long distances than his superior, and was thus left in much better condition upon his arrival to the Fowadi.

"I'll be right back, sir," he told Kale as he breezed across the deck. "Have to drop off some stuff in my bunk."

IC Halyx:

IC:

I sighed, my breath coming out as though I was trying to release all of my demons at once, the exhalation stopping when I realized it was impossible.

"Come on, Halyx," I finally said, hands in my pockets. "Leron's got stuff to do, we've got stuff to do. Let's just get going."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: panacea hunters flock to me woo

IC:

Walking out in the desert with his small group of companions he had somehow managed to draw to himself almost like a large, inexplicable katamari, Jerin was reminded again of why he hated the desert. It wasn't good for Onu-Koro natives like him. They burnt easily, they needed to suck down a lot of water without potentially giving themselves water intoxication, they could barely see...it was horrible. But he was on the hunt to find his supposed panacea, and so he wouldn't give up.

But he would continue to suck down his own water supply. Hopefully they found an oasis or something soon. Or a rogue Toa of Water.

Why didn't he rent a Kikanalo or something for himself to ride?

"So, it's starting to get dark," he said to the group. They were close to where they were supposed to find the Panacea, at least based on what Jerin knew of it, although it was never smart to travel in the dark. Definitely not in a desert; it went from extremely hot to extremely cold very quickly. "How about we make camp under that rocky outcropping just a little west of us and start again in the morning?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

"I still hate the desert," Panyk said glumly to himself. Neither Chavara nor Onic bothered to reprimand him; they were starting to agree with the sentiment. "Are we there yet?" he shouted, for the umpteenth time that hour.

"Shut up," Onic snapped out a hand, giving Panyk a backhand. The idiot barely seemed to react, just kept trudging forwards, feet dragging, arms hanging loose by his sides. But at least he'd stopped talking.

"Setting up camp sounds like a great idea," Chavara cut in, ignoring her fellow Dark Toa in order to answer Jerin's question. 

IC: Kelz and Ryza.

In a different part of the desert, Kelz and Ryza had made it back to their ship at long last. Ryza scrambled deftly up the rigging, clambering up onto the deck. "We made it!" she declared brightly.

"Still leaves us with the problem of having a ship that's too damaged to sail far with." Kelz reminded her, climbing up more slowly. "But at least we have the map to tell us where the nearest port is."

"Forsi, by the looks of it," Ryza said after a quick glance, "but the sun's going down. We won't be able to set off until morning."

Kelz shrugged, "Well, then, I'm going to get some rest," he stifled a yawn. "Archie, where are you?" the small Rahi bird swept down from the balustrade, and alighted on his shoulder. "Good birdy," Kelz cooed, tickling the creature's chin. "Thanks for keeping an eye on the ship while me sister and I were off getting shot at." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar