BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Monia

The idea of it being a private conversation just because it was being held inside a hut was a stupid idea.

Monia, standing a few yards away from the hut, was listening, a content expression on her face, with her hearing aid.

Their ideas, so far, were pretty flawless. The only thing Monia questioned was if they were identified by a guard; Commander of the Gukko Force is a pretty public role, after all.

IC:

"Actually, defeating the detection system isn't an issue." Rynekk's tablet, deftly caught, had provoked the faintest stirrings of a smile. Stirrings that unfortunately died once he was mentioned by name. Green eyes roamed between the members of the group as he made his presence known, half hoping that he wouldn't be recognized.

"Much of one, at least. What concerns me is that a few members of our group aren't exactly low profile. While most of us have flown mostly under the radar, a few of us are bound to be known to the Legacy's forces."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"I imagine that's what the disguises would be for." Nuparu remarked.

"One thing you need to know, those of you who might consider donning a disguise: the masks you would be wearing as a substitute would most likely be powerless. You'd retain full consciousness, and suffer no directly negative effects, but you wouldn't have any mask powers available to you until you switched back. Powered masks are an extremely precious commodity, after all."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Skyra

It seemed that if we wanted powered masks for the mission, we were on our own in acquiring one. Understandable, considering they weren't exactly the most common item on the island. If I wanted a mask of power it looked like I'd have to trade my Hau for one.

"We understand, masks of power don't exactly grow on trees." If only they did. I turned my attention toward Krayn. "I admit that I've come across Echelon more than a few times, so the chances of him or his closest allies recognizing me would be higher, however! They have never seen me as I am now, a girl. If I ditch my usual, personal effects like my katanas, put on a new mask and armor...they won't recognise me."

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Jettix

Hmm.

"Give me a moment to think..." he said, pacing the wall as he began mumbling.

"Hmm... water, ice, magnetism, electricity, sonics, plasma... laser times two, impact... Calix, Volitak, Iden... scout with Iden, yes... Calix; vents? Have to check... Volitak, poison... hmm. Sedative? Water. Water water water... electricity and water? Yeah, yeah... Ssssssssonics... sound manipulation, obviously... hmm... ice... plasma? Steam? Maaaybe... Magnetism.. well, only if it's magnetic... impact and laser... brute force if need be? Hmm..."

He stopped his pacing and scratched his head.

"Well, I think we may have a decent lineup of abilities here. But, uh, I'm going to have to scout the bank's workings and layout first. Unless they've got an Elda or Rode in there, they won't be able to detect me while I'm wandering around in spirit-mode."

He tapped his Iden.

"I'm going to try to commit as much to memory as possible, maybe even make a few trips. In the meantime, here's our plan for prep: you-" he pointed to Sade. "need to go out and get some large sheets of paper as well as something to write with. Ideally you should get it and bring the materials back here as soon as possible so I can record my findings immediately before I go back for another run."

He turned to Minjao. "I'm going to need you to watch my body while I'm scouting. The twins there can watch over... Faraki, was it? Yes. Watch over him and make sure he doesn't do anything foolish. You know what to do if he does. Clear?"

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Tunnels (Heist Meeting Spot #2)

"You better," Taranis growled. "If you don't, we're going to have a problem."

"And if we do end up having a problem," Tenjin cut in quickly. "Well, let's just say that I've always wanted to try my hand at interior decorating, and leave it at that."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Thank you Akiri, this means a lot." I said as I accepted the note. "We'll get the hostages out safely." 

After that we said our farewells and headed back into the streets of Onu-koro, collecting the rest of our group. "Let's head back to the Ussalry HQ, get the supplies we need, and then take care of anything else we need to before we head out to Ko-koro. Sound good?" No one seemed to have a problem with that plan, so we quickly headed back to the Ussarly. I handed the requisitions officer the note as instructed and he lead us to their armory. 

It seemed to be pretty standard as far as armories went, plenty of weapons and armor all in various piles, all in different sizes and shapes, depending on what species they were designed for. There were some powerless masks hung up on the adjacent wall as well. Overall everything we needed to make some decent disguises. 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: Monia

Tagging along, Monia followed the rest of the group. She didn't stay terribly close, as she didn't feel like a member of the actual party nor did she think she would be welcomed into it. They didn't have any trust for her.

This time, instead of hiding outside the HQ, Monia stood on the street out front as the group filtered into the building. Monia sighed a little, but she knew nothing contained within could help her.

Although a winter jacket would be nice.

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe had not been on Mata Nui long as it was, so she likely did not need a disguise, and from her experience her at-least-an-inch-thick armor could keep out the cold, and her sword and shield had served her well enough in the past, if it came to a fight.

She could use a ranged weapon of some description though.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Krayn stepped into the armory, silently surveying the room. He had been, since leaving the Akiri's office, been considering how best to disguise himself. Or rather, make himself fit in. One benefit to his unnoticed position was that there was little risk of him being identified, so long as he abandoned his most identifying features. To that end he emptied the pockets of his coat onto a table, and carefully shrugged the garment off. After a few words with the quartermaster he left it in a locker off to the side, assured that anything he left in it would be the same when he returned. 

Then he set about the task of repacking his supplies into pouches at his waist. Rations, first aid supplies, multitool, everything that had previously been within his coat. Without that outer layer it was readily apparent how well-armed he was already; twin revolvers were holstered on his sides, a pouch of ammunition situated just behind each one. Paired wakizashi were sheathed just above these weapons, one at either side. After a little consideration, the De-Toa settled on what he needed; a belt of knives was strapped across his chest, and he donned a heavy traveling cloak found in one of the closets. The garment disguised most of the weaponry he carried, and its hood obscured his face.

Just to be cautious, however, he dug an eyepatch out from a drawer in the same closet. He wasn't sure how it got there, or why a quartermaster would have need of one, but it served his purpose just fine. Placed over one eye, it (alongside a carefully constructed scowl) changed his appearance drastically. He placed his guitar on his back, and took his waling stick in his left hand.

The effect was immediate; the already inconspicuous former Lieutenant looked very much like a world-worn traveler. Only one more thing was needed to complete the transition.

"Ready t'go when you all are." His voice, thanks to natural modulation and a little skillfully applied Sonics trickery, was lower and rougher than normal. The change in diction was a bonus.

"I'll keep m'mask, no one'll recognize it anyway. Best t'keep the tricks I can."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro

IC: One of the helpful things about being a Toa of Iron was that it made changing your physical appearance pretty easy. As long as you were careful about it that it. Go too far and you could end up with torn skin and broken bones.

Good thing Kale knew to be careful.

While everybody else moved around the room gathering new masks and equipment, Kale stood in the middle with his eyes closed. His breathing slowed slightly and he began drawing on his elemental power.

First his armor lost it's distinctive sheen, a layer of roughness covering the formerly well tended metal. After that small nicks and dings began to appear. The simulated effects of a lifetime of battles and rough living. None of it was enough to lessen the armor's capability to protect the wearer but it certainly did a good job of adding to the whole toughened mercenary look.

The lump of metal on his back came next. Sections of it separated and floated over to various parts of Kale's body. His arms and legs looked like they gained muscle mass while his face/mask filled out slightly. The central torso area was covered in an extra layer of armor to complete the transformation. Whatever protosteel was left over turned into a series of plain daggers that Kale slotted into a series of bandoliers that crossed over his chest.

With the transformation complete the Toa of Iron looked like an almost entirely different person. A person would of needed to be a close friend or family member to recognize him.

Picking up a cloak of his own from the nearby rack Kale glanced over at Krayn before going back to settling the garment properly over his now slightly wider shoulders.

"You look ready to stab somebody for a bag of widgets."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Like it or not, I was easily one of the most distinguishable members of our group, there for my disguise was going to have to be pretty thorough. I took some time collecting some garments and pieces of armor that I would need before heading off to a changing room, with how much armor I was gonna be taking off I needed it. 

I began by removing my personal effects and placing them on a table. My badge, flute, katanas...anything that could easily identify me as Gukko Force had to go. I had used those katanas since I became a Toa, they were too easily recognized. Then I began to remove my armor, I didn't stop till the only thing I was wearing was some very basic undergarments. Then I took a good look at what I'd be wearing for what would probably be a very long while. This wasn't going to be the sort of mission you got done in a day, I knew it could very well take quite some time.

I began to fasten the armor onto my body, it was onyx in color, somewhat dirty and worn, but that was good for the image of a traveling mercenary. It was lightweight, and only covered the more vital organs...it admittedly showed more skin around the torso than I was happy with. Thankfully I put on a black winter coat next.

I fastened a sheath onto my back, inside the sheath was a large, two handed sword, it was black as night. I'd have to get used to using the larger weapon, I didn't want to risk using a katana in fear someone would recognize me by how I brandished the weapon. Finally I fastened a belt around my waist, attaching my blunderbuss, throwing knifes, and a pouch to it. 

My new look was complete save for one thing, my mask. My Hau was probably what would get me recognized the easiest. It was the face that everyone saw when they looked at me. I really didn't want to replace it with a powerless mask from the armory, that didn't sit well with me. I had no choice but to go into town and trade my Hau for a different mask of power. 

I came out of the changing room, observing the others. I almost wouldn't have recognized a few of them if I hadn't known better. "I've gotta get something in town, I'll meet you guys back here in about thirty." I had the quartermaster store my old armor and personal effects before I set off towards Onu-koro's market. 

-------

Onu-koro’s market was a busy, lively place despite being underground. There was plenty of traffic of people coming and going, not to mention the surplus of refugees from Ko-koro, it was very crowded. I weaved through the crowds and managed to find a shop that seemed to specialize in the trading and selling of masks. I wasn't all that surprised when I found myself being greeted by a Skakdi as I entered, they had a certain…knack for coming across items as rare as powered Kanohi. 

“Welcome miss! How may I assist ya?” He greeted me in a gruff voice, looking more than eager to do business. I usually was avoided by Skakdi so I was a little surprised, then I remembered I didn't exactly look like an officer anymore. 

“I’d like to trade my mask, looking to try something new.” I explained, the Skakdi sized me up, looking over the mask still attached to my face. “A Kanohi Hau…seems to be in decent shape, safe for a few nicks…is that a crack on the top left corner?” 

He approached me, getting wayyyy into my personal bubble, I took a few steps back. “It’s seen its share of battles, but it works just as good as the first time I used it.” To prove my point I activated my mask, a force field immediately materializing around me. The Skakdi gave it a few, careful taps, making it spark a bit. 

“I see…I'll take your mask, but you're gonna have to pay two thousand widgets in addition to the trade, chipped and cracked masks are harder to sell, and repairing them is expensive.” 

I frowned at this, “That’s way too high, how about one thousand?”

“Eighteen hundred.”

“Twelve hundred!”

“Seventeen.”

“Fifteen!"

“Done.” To my surprise it looked like we had actually agreed on a price. The Skakdi gestured to a wall where many different masks hung. “Choose one.” 

I looked at my selection, each mask labelled by its shape and power, I found myself having a hard time choosing, there were a lot of good choices, but I wanted to make sure I picked the right one for me. My eyes finally came across a Calix, it struck me as somewhat unique do to the black coloring that ended just above the eye sockets, the rest of it was that dull grey that unused Kanohi typically had. I reached for it.

I wasn’t sure why I choose it, maybe because it’s power was useful, because it was uniquely colored, or perhaps to see if it was where Shaddix got all his talent from. Whatever the reason, it was now my new mask. 

I removed the Hau from my face, immediately feeling a bit dizzy and weak as I did. Not liking the feeling at all or having my face exposed, I quickly put on my new mask, feeling my strength return. The Skakdi quickly snatched the Hau from me, but I was busy looking myself over. I felt…different somehow, it was hard to put into words exactly how I felt, but it was like something in the back of my head was guiding me, I felt like I was ready for anything.

It would be a while before I was used to the mask, I quickly paid what I owed the Skakdi and headed back to the others, I had taken a bit longer than I had anticipated. 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC:

"Then I don't look mean 'nough yet, do I? Gotta look ready to stab 'em for lookin' at me wrong. Buncha pyschos." The former Lieutenant commented, slowly settling into a consistent, gravelly growl of a voice. His (also former) Commander was taking a while longer to get ready, but he gave a nod of acknowledgement when she left.

"Guess we gotta follow 'er. Gotta pick up one or two things meself. Howsabout you, Four? Rynekk?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

I arrived back at the armory just in time to hear Krayn and Four discussing something, I wasn't able to make out what they were talking about just yet however. I cleared my throat. 

"So...how do I look?" I figured now that my look was complete, I should get the other's opinion on just how good my disguise was. I crossed my arms, trying to look uncouth.

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: Well it seemed that his acting skills were still up to par.

"Oh...are you sure you want to bare that much midriff? It draws the eye a bit more than might be wise."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I buttoned the jacket I was wearing, "I figured I might be able to acquire more information...with this outfit." I cleared my throat. "Besides I'll be wearing this jacket over it."

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: "Just make sure you don't get frostbite when you take it of to seduce somebody."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I looked towards Four, more than glad to change the conversation I was currently having. "I'm sure with a different set of armor and a cloak you'll pass as a mercenary. Really the only people we're worried about recognizing us are the bad guys, so as long as they're never seen you before, I'd say that would probably be all you need." 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe came to the conclusion that she could use maybe one or two more weapons if she was to pass a mercenary. After all, relatively good condition armor, a broadsword and a greatshield alone didn't entirely fit the look.

A darkly-colored cloak.

A Longsword and a shortsword, one on either side of her hips.

A Warhammer as backup heavy weapon.

A Halberd, just to be sure.

She felt only a little heavier.

"I think this is enough." Was all she said, looking up from the weapons rack.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Korgrax

Korgrax walked towards the gate of the city.  He was still surprised no one needed a murderer/assassin, usually he was able to pick up a job quickly.  Must be the security, and the fact that everyone in his line of work had made a beeline for Ko-Koro already.  Korgrax was not to happy about that.  He had no desire to get mixed up with all the fanatical makuta worshipers, and he never enjoyed the cold.  However, if he wanted to find a job, that was the best place to go.  As he neared the gate he tried to make himself look less intimidating.  Guards never liked him, although they much preferred him leaving than entering.

OOC: Are there any guard PCs or can I just leave?

IC: Onepu

With that very important detail taken care of, Onepu leaned forward. "Alright, we're on a schedule now. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the liberation of hostages will change things. The Makuta-worshipers could drop their defenses, raise them, or decide to go on the offensive, so we need to prepare, now."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

Rynekk walked in.

Gone was his hat and coat, replaced by a black robe which had probably seen better days when Mata Nui and Makuta were both sucking their thumbs in their cribs. So too was his spear, replaced by a hatchet which hung off of his belt across from his axe; and his armour, replaced by a more form-fitting set which appeared more bronze and more pitted than his old set, with a delicate silver etching of a stylized fox head over his left pectoral.

"I hope that I didn't miss anything," he said lightly, a smirk playing on his features.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

It seemed just about everyone was ready for the trip to Ko-koro, in fact it was probably about time to decide how we were to proceed. I looked at Rynekk, his disguise made me think of some sort of crazed cultist, which actually worked pretty well considering that we were about to march into a city full of Makuta worshipers

"Nice outfit Rynekk, brings out your eyes." I crossed my arms, looking over our group. We were but a few, going up against an army of the most wretched villains the island could offer, and yet when I looked at my friends and comrades, I didn't feel all that afraid. 

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready as I'll ever be. I'm suggesting that we form pairs and enter Ko-koro separately, safer that way in case one of us gets unwanted attention. We don't want the enemy to link us all together. That being said, I volunteer to go in first, and I'm taking Rynekk with me, I need to make up for not giving him his well deserved name drop." It was my turn to smirk. 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: Dervish, Onu-Koro (Ferron’s Forge)

Nice guy, Ferron.  If this was Ta-Koro, I wouldn’t be let off the hook with having less widgets.  Maybe it was the whole, “I’ve lived out my destiny,” thing that gave him such a nonchalant attitude to finance.  Speaking of living out one’s destiny…

“Thanks,” I said while handing over what I had.  “I hope you don’t think this rude, but I was wondering, well… how’d you become a turaga?”

Destiny isn’t my thing, generally, but for some reason this wise old turaga felt like a mirror into someone I could be – ignoring the fact I’m a mercenary making money killing innocents.

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"The funny thing is, I don't really know when I fulfilled my destiny. I know the circumstances surrounding giving up my Toa Power, but the details around my destiny are rather fuzzy" Ferron admitted as he made his way towards his armchair. He settled into it with a contented sigh as he regarded the Toa.

"Suffice it to say, it's a long story"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Are there any guard PCs or can I just leave?

OOC: Generally, you can just leave.  :)

IC:

Dally Stratos -- Private of the Ussalry, veteran of the Po-Koro Dark Walk expedition, and currently one of the most dateable people in Onu-Koro -- had once again been relegated to patrolling the streets of his beloved city.

OOC: Dalrin open for interaction.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]