BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Do I have to?" Krayn said, pretending to give Kale a disgusted look, though he was unable to maintain it for long. Though he had been listening to Skyra's conversation, he had not had much to say until he heard Rynekk. The De-Toa's eyeborws raised, and he pivoted slightly to regard the other Toa.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Simul?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Don't call me Mr. Simul," the Toa said with a chuckle. "Makes me feel old beyond my time. Just Rynekk, please."

With one hand, he pushed the hood of his cloak back and out of his face; he slung his other arm around Krayn's shoulders, gently trying to guide the Lieutenant away into one of the back rooms.

"I need to talk to you in private for a sec, sir," Rynekk said, his voice low in an attempt to keep the others from hearing him.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Don't call me sir." The De-Toa shot back, though the joking tone was colored with faint notes of seriousness. He let Rynekk guide him towards one of the back rooms, slipping into the smaller section of the armory easily, placing a solid barrier between the two of them and the others. For an extra measure, he took a moment to cut off any sounds attempting to spread past the door. Even if someone had been standing right in the entrance they wouldn't have heard a thing.

"What do you need?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Rynekk sat down on an unopened crate, hands clasped tight together and the focus of his gaze.

Slowly, he looked up at his companion, and his orange eyes wavered. His lips were pursed tight together, like his body was rejecting what he was about to say.

"Krayn ... neither one of us is wearing a badge," the Sentinel -- no, the Guard -- began, hesitation marring each syllable, "but I know where mine is ... and I can't say the same about yours. Something's been off since you got here; I thought maybe it was Hari, but ... not to say that she isn't part of it, but...."

Tremulously, a smile made a brave attempt to survive on Rynekk's worried face before giving up.

"What's up, Krayn? Something's eating you."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

“Le-Koro wasn’t home anymore.” Krayn began after a moment’s thought, slipping his hands into the pockets of his cloak. He’d told Four the story, so he might have thought explaining it again would be easier. And it was. If only by a little. But at the same time, it was infinitely more uncomfortable to discuss with Skyra in the next room. Even if she couldn’t hear him.

“When I joined up, I was thrilled. Ready to take on the world, save the day, and beat the bad guys. And then I ###### up. And no matter how hard I tried, I never made up for that. As time went by, it seemed like my work mattered less and less. I was the expendable one. So expendable that…”

The De-Toa’s voice trailed off, green eyes momentarily shifting to where he knew his former Commander was through the door. His pensive expression tightened before he resumed speaking.

“A few days ago, my Commander ran off on a whim, after leaving two different people in my custody. One sentence, ‘get them to Ga-Koro Krayn’, and they left. I’d been hanging around some colorful characters, including a reformed Dorian Shaddix. And I realized that he’d gotten a chance to change his life, and he’d taken it. And when I went to get those under my care onto a ferry, I didn’t wish anyone from the Gukko Force was there. I wished you guys were.” The former Lieutenant paused a moment, but when he spoke again the corners of his mouth tugged upwards in a wry expression.

“I spent years working the hardest I possibly could. Obeyed the rules, caught the bad guys, all in service for a village I didn’t really belong in. I wondered why no matter how hard I worked, I could never make anything of myself. Never do enough. But Skyra… She could run across the island, ignore as many regulations as she wanted, and be commended for it.”

“I don’t resent her. She’s a good person. She wants to do some good too. But I could never help but ask why. What she had that I didn’t.” He shrugged, the movement shifting his coat and the gear attached to it. “Put it all together and I realized I wasn’t happy there. Hadn’t been for a long time. If Le-Koro’s ever in trouble, I’ll be there as fast as I can. Because no matter what, I still want to keep it safe. I owe them that. But it was high time.”

A small grin crossed his face.

“I told Four that the closest thing I had to a home was with all of you. She told me that if I was with family, that was as real a home as it gets.”

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe looked over her new gear. To be honest, she likely didn't need any more armor and she had plenty of weapons now. Or, at least, for now.

"I think Im good to go." She said, pulling the cloak around to cover all but her head and shins.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Rynekk became so quiet that it seemed as though he had stopped breathing.

Then:

"I think you made the right call, Krayn."

The Po-Koro Guard stood up and reached a hand over to clasp his comrade on the shoulder. There was a a gentle smile on his face, tinged with sadness and a world-weariness and a strange semblance of pride. His orange eyes wavered harder than ever, their light refracted oddly -- maybe the room's own lighting was affecting them.

"You're a good man," he said. "Best man I know. Anyone who can't appreciate is an idiot."

His lips cracked apart and his smile widened ever-so-slightly.

"Besides," Rynekk continued, "I think we could use some more citizen heroes."

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Leli rocked back on her heels, nervously drumming her fingers against her matte thigh armor.  Despite the gut wrenching speed at which her heart was racing, she kept her breathing rhythmic and sedate.

Posture loose.

Gaze relaxed.

No indication.

No giveaways.

"Hey, listen, I've gotta go debrief mister "In charge", but it was great seeing you," She hummed, though only took a single shuffling step back.  A moment past, reluctant to leave, before she sprung forward to envelope Tarnok in a quick hug.

"Come see me later."

The words were barely more than her breath, which had quickened as if in panic, tone shifting drastically from her normal melodic voice.  And then she pulled away, as quickly as she had snapped forward.  Ever-present grin still accounted for, mischievous glint in her electric eyes, exactly as one expected her to look.

"Cya Tarnok, Uyism," She sang, giving a lazy wave as she started towards the Ussalry.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"See you, Leli. We'll catch up later." To his credit, the Onu-Matoran managed to avoid looking too far from the ordinary. His mind was another story completely. He'd heard the tone in her voice and, more telling, felt the panicked race of her heart as she maintained an outer calm. "Hey, I'll meet you outside HQ, alright? Maybe we can stop by my house. Get something to eat where it's quiet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Great. See you soon, then." Tarnok gave a smile, and nodded as she continued towards HQ, pivoting slightly once she was far enough away to address Uyism, before heading in the same direction as the Light Squadron commander. "We need to get to make sure we're waiting for her."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ferron (Golden Pickaxe)

Ferron entered bar, making a beeline for the counter where an aging Toa with one bad eye met his examining gaze with his own. Ferron climbed onto a bar stool and took a short breath.

"Bartender, give me a mug of your finest, it's been a long day"

"That'll be 25 widgets" the bartender said as he turned to pour the drink

Ferron tallied up the amount and shoved it across the counter, grabbing the drink with his other, fake hand.

"Thanks", he replied. Ferron grabbed the mug and chugged a third of it in one go, letting out a sigh of approval as he put the mug down.

"That's gotta be the best drink I've had in ages" Ferron declared quietly.

"Rough day?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you" Ferron replied, and took another huge drag.

"Not really, I'm just looking for an excuse to get out of the forge" the Turaga replied

The bartender smiled "I was a Toa myself once, try me" he said.

"So was I," Ferron replied with a somber expression.

OOC: Ferron's open for interaction

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Ay, I'll have what he's having," Dally Stratos, total ###### stud, said as he set himself up next to the bar, pointing to the Turaga seated next to him.

The bartender slid the requested drink over and, a brief exchange of widgets and looks of 'really? this much for a drink?' later, the Onu-Matoran who, by rights, should've been a superstar of the Koro -- I survived the friggin' Dark Walk guys C'MON -- was sipping it.

"So, what brings a Turaga like you out to a place like this?" he asked his sorta-drinking companion.

OOC: Hello Ferron.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Later, as Gavarm romped about in Immaculate, idly clenching an unlit cigar, a four-armed beast caught his eye.

He blinked.

Could it be?

He opened the cockpit and looked with his own eyes.

That was an Iroiit. And next to it stood a gunmetal Matoran...

Gavarm abruptly stopped Mac, hopped out his entrance and haphazardly closed it behind him. He swiftly moved for the pair, cigar forgotten. A grin started on his face.

"Uyism, Tarnok! Howdy!"

Edited by Stevens

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

"Thanks, Rynekk." Krayn was quiet for a moment, smile widening slightly. "Did you need anything else?"

IC:

"I wish it were something that pleasant, Uyism." The Onu-Matoran replied, moving after Leli at a casual distance before he heard the sound of clanking metal and a greeting voice. Tarnok pivoted in place to regard the Matoran clambering down from the Exo-Matoran; the towering machine served as a reminder that he had to pick up the machine he had been assigned, but its pilot was a familiar face, even if he hadn't seen him in a while.

"Sir. Good to see you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Not your fault. Higher rank, more time required." Tarnok clapped the officer on the back before they pulled apart, regarding him with a nod. He needed to get going to headquarters, but he had a little bit of time. If only he could convince himself of that fact too. "And things haven't exactly been calm."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Skyra

As Krayn and Rynekk went to the other room to have their talk, I checked myself over, making sure I had everything I needed. I had my coat, my sword, my belt with all it's tools, everything seemed to be in order. 

I looked at the others, they were more or less dressed up and ready to go. Once Rynekk was ready me and him would head out first, with any luck when we got to the gates of Ko-koro they would believe us to be simple mercs and not kill us. Four meanwhile was looking over different sets of armour, it looked like she was still deciding what to wear. 

"You need any help Four? Or are you good?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Ay, I'll have what he's having," Dally Stratos, total ###### stud, said as he set himself up next to the bar, pointing to the Turaga seated next to him.

The bartender slid the requested drink over and, a brief exchange of widgets and looks of 'really? this much for a drink?' later, the Onu-Matoran who, by rights, should've been a superstar of the Koro -- I survived the friggin' Dark Walk guys C'MON -- was sipping it.

"So, what brings a Turaga like you out to a place like this?" he asked his sorta-drinking companion.

OOC: Hello Ferron.

-Void

IC: Ferron (The Golden Pickaxe)

"Definitely not to hear that line again," Ferron replied, "but I am looking to relax a bit, I haven't left my forge in a good long while."

"What brings you here, then, young one?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tarkahn:

I cocked an eyebrow under my too small ruru, and shifted my magnifying lenses aside.

"Not too keen on social skills, are you? You a teenager or something?" Had to be, only someone young would be this angst up about a rock. Then again, it was a Vortixx. They could be angsty about all sorts of things.

IC: Gavarm chuckled at Tarnok's understatement. "Nothing's easy on Mata Nui, that's for sure. Back from blasted naval combat, and whaddaya get but Ko-Koro goin' to karz." His hands quietly formed into fists before he smiled again. "But Ah don't have a mission yet, so what've y'all bin up to?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

"Made my bi-monthly hospital visit. Obtained some useful equipment in the process. Little else, truth be told."

IC:

"I appreciate that, Rynekk. Guess we should get going before they decide to leave without us."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"They wouldn't," Rynekk said, grinning, moving the shoulder-clasping hand until it turned into an arm slung around Krayn's shoulders, guiding the Toa of Sonics over to the door. "Their two MVPs? They wouldn't last two days without your skill and my...."

He remained silent, playfully so.

"Well." He was still smiling as they walked through the door. "I have a charming smile. That has to count for something."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]