BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skyra

"Oh you do, do you?" I sized the Vortixx up. I didn't really have a reason to trust her, but I had just been saying we needed all the help we could get, sooo...

"Sure, as long as you know what you're getting into. You could die, heck we could all die. So as long as you're okay with that, welcome aboard." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arankhe

"Count me in too. If you want." Arankhe shrugged. It was what she was there for. Arankhe at least hoped she could help. She didn't have powers, sure, but she had armor like a tank and a sword and shield to match.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Sade

She stood leaned on the wall, arms folded.

Definitely cool.

Because, ice elemental, you know?

Heh.

"Elemental ice," she snapped a finger and an icicle spear formed behind the other toa for the Su-Toa to see. "and a Calix. I'm a decent defensive fighter with my blade. Not so good on the push."

...but close to it

IC: Reson Ance - Streets. 

His patrol finished, the lone Toa started to head home, Curmudgeon scuttling along behind him. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Help is great," Rynekk said, "but we have a problem when it comes to Ko-Koro. Apparently, there are still a number of civilians trapped in the village. Echelon's using them as hostages. If we try going in there, guns blazing ... you can imagine what's going to happen."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Hostages...I'd been afraid of something like that. Not only did we have to worry about our own lives, but the lives of countless innocents. There was no way in karz we could do anything without rescuing the hostages first...or at least not getting caught. No one was gonna do anything as long as they had those hostages, that was what Echelon was betting on. 

"Then there's only one thing we can do really, we can't do anything as long as Echelon has those hostages. So we have to rescue them." Easier said than done. "Now at the moment, we have no idea where the hostages even are, that's what we need to find out." If Echelon thought we'd back down because he had hostages, he was wrong. We were gonna take those hostages back. 

"This is why we're going straight to the Akiri's office. By now he has all this information on Ko-koro, and probably more. We're also gonna need his help." I paused. 

"So if anyone has any doubts about this whole venture, please leave now, otherwise, let's go!" We'd talked enough, it was time to head out.  

IC: Monia

Monia quickly followed after the Toa of Air. "Hey, boss lady ma'am commander," Monia covered her bases, "I might be able to help with the hostages, if I could explain on the way." She retrieved her FMS and held it in both hands and waited for permission to speak.

Well, it didn't seem like anyone was leaving, good. I started heading toward the Akiri's office, which wasn't all that far from where we were. The Vortixx chick spoke up, she apparently had some sort of idea about the hostages. I thought it was a little premature considering we didn't even know where the hostages were, but I decided to listen anyway.

"Alright, go ahead...and call me Skyra, no need to be so formal." 

Edited by Lara Croft

Monia held up the oddly shaped goggles. "These," she started with a tone of excitement, "are a pair of Fused Multispectral Sights. They can, among other functions, detect heat signatures."

She lowered the goggles. "Ko-Koro, as you know, is pretty freaking cold. That makes heat stand out quite considerably given the almost-constant snow and cloud cover. The hostage holders will probably be keeping them in one area, and that's a lot of heat in one area."

She paused a second to let Skyra catch up. "If I can get in the Koro, I'll find the hostages, but getting them out will be the problem."

IC:Arankhe

She began walking along to the Akiri as well. "I have something that might be able to open Ko's gate, if it's locked." She drew her shield, but not her sword.

"In the center of my shield is a Force Pulse Cannon. If I charge it for long enough and put it against the gate, it might be able to blast it clean open." Arankhe explained. She thought for a moment.

"Alternatively, I could use it to fire someone clean over the wall."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro

IC: "The point of this mission is to get inside unnoticed. I highly doubt that blasting open the gates will help us to prevent the hostages from being killed."

So far the silver Toa had simply followed behind the group. Not really feeling the need to comment on anything until now.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Hmm, sounds like a pretty useful pair of goggles." I didn't know what Fused Multispectral Sights meant, but I understood enough to know it could detect heat. "Now I don't want to kill your excitement, but we have to figure out how to get inside the koro before we can do any sort of search..." Then the Lesterin spoke up, and I looked at her like she was crazy. 

Then Arankhe spoke up...with probably the worst idea ever, no offense to the Lesterin. Then Kale spoke something reasonable. Bless him. 

"I'm sure this Force Pulse Cannon thing is a pretty cool weapon, but let me explain this right now. We are not blowing up the gate, or launching someone over the wall. That would guarantee our deaths, along with all the hostages." Besides, the gate was obviously guarded 24 hours a day, and they would probably see us coming and bombard us with artillery before we got anywhere near it. 

"I'm sorry Miss...?" 

"Arankhe." 

"...Arankhe, right. Now don't take this the wrong way, but leave the details on how we get in...and planning in general to the professionals, alright?" It was true, we hadn't worked out the details on how we were going to get inside unnoticed. But an idea was forming in my head, and it was quickly becoming a plan. 

I didn't feel like sharing it just yet however, we were approaching the Akiri's office, that's where I would explain it. 

"Okay, now there's no way we can all march into the Akiri's office, so here's what we're gonna do. If your name isn't Kale, Skyra, Four, or Rynekk...wait out here." It wasn't up for debate, and my tone made that apparent. 

Edited by Lara Croft

"Yes Ma'am...er, got it." Monia said, as she retreated a short distance away from the four mentioned. She had to contain her laughter. Blow up the gate? That was crazy talk! Besides, the first person to even think about getting a ride on a shield that could blow up a gate, she would shake hands with, because they probably would lack legs afterwards. 

Monia turned gave Arankhe a small smile. Moron.

Without another word I entered the building, marching straight toward the door. As I approach the guards I stop. 

"We wish to speak to the Akiri, about Ko-koro." I state planly. 

"So do a lot of other people." One guard says, "The Akiri has guests currently." 

"Look, this is really important." I showed him my badge, "Can you at least let him know I'm here? Commander Skyra Daring? Along with Kale Ironshaper, the Fourth Jaliax sister and several others I don't feel like mentioning." This was a pain, I had half a mind to just barge right in, but the matter was far too serious for me to mess this up because I was impatient. 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC:

"Would seem so." The De-Toa commented, amused by her reaction. Once again Krayn's hands were in his coat pockets as he stood silently observing, processing all that was said. Choosing to go to Ko-Koro... Had not been easy. He no longer had any responsibility for that Koro, or any Koro for that matter. Resignation had taken away any obligation. He was free to go after Hari.

But that was exactly why he'd chosen not to. If he abandoned his obligations so easily, he was abandoning his duty as a Toa. Giving up his badge didn't mean he gave up his duty to the island, But now they were waiting outside of an office, and he had no desire to wait. Every desire yelled at him to get moving. They were wasting time.

"Why are we waiting here? Rynekk talked to Major Gavarm. We already know everything the Ussalry knows."

IC:

"Those sound nightmarish." Tarnok commented, raising an eyebrow at the description. "I knew the Darkwalks were dangerous, but not quite for that reason."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC:

Quick heads-up; I'll be gone most of this week, so this'll probably be my last IC post 'til next Monday.

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / surface

"Roger that!" I call back. "I honestly wouldn't mind getting at least within visual of the temple, but if you want to stop here, that's fine too."

From what I've heard, the temple complex is located at the bottom of a shallow valley, with higher forest ground all about it. Occupying a good vantage point before full blackness comes would be a tactically sound maneuver, and if we were in an actively hostile zone I would insist on it. But at this point it's not an imperative, and Trava's the boss.

IC: Trava (Onu-Wahi Surface)

"Then let's see how well you can keep up" Trava beamed down, before taking off across the brances.

Now that she was leafrunning again, the last trace of her worries from the morning vanished,

Without another word I entered the building, marching straight toward the door. As I approach the guards I stop. 

"We wish to speak to the Akiri, about Ko-koro." I state planly. 

"So do a lot of other people." One guard says, "The Akiri has guests currently." 

"Look, this is really important." I showed him my badge, "Can you at least let him know I'm here? Commander Skyra Daring? Along with Kale Ironshaper, the Fourth Jaliax sister and several others I don't feel like mentioning." This was a pain, I had half a mind to just barge right in, but the matter was far too serious for me to mess this up because I was impatient. 

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Commander Skyra Daring? Of the Gukko Force?"

"That's what she said, sir" the guard replied, suddenly snickering for some reason Nuparu couldn't fathom.

He turned to regard Akiri Kongu quizically.

"Does the name ring a bell to you?"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "An idea is an idea," Sulov responds. "Your return is possible, but it is not a plan. This group convened for plans." The Maru rests a fatherly hand on the Matoran, looking at Tarkahn solemnly. "The idea is for you. I will see you later."

He abruptly quiets and pulls back.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC Tarkahn:

"I'd rather the Piraka not get their hands on more weapons designs, Kongu. Not that they'd need them, they seem to have the entirety of the Vault residing in Koro... I need only be in and out momentarily."

I gave a sort of awkward bow to Sulov, then nodded in turn to Nuparu.

"I'll take my leave then."

I quietly exited the hut, my mind racing. I'd originally planned to sell secrets to both sides, but it seemed lucrative to stay in Onu-Koro once my shop was taken care of.

Not to mention more safe.

I huffed, adjusting my leg brace and meandering through the streets toward my workshop.

OOC: open to interaction.

IC:

He's going to regret inviting all of us in...

The dry thought slipped through the De-Toa's mind unbidden, making him smile despite himself. The Akiri had spoken while his previous guest was closing the door, the words as clear to Krayn as any said right next to him. So without prompting he gestured to the door and pulled it open, slipping into the room on soft footsteps. He took a place near the edge of the office to ensure his comrades would have enough space to file in, taking a moment to take in his surroundings. Relatively tidy, Nuparu at his desk, and two guests. One, unmistakably, was Sulov Maru. Not surprising in these times, he supposed. The other was-

The half smile on his face died instantly. It might have been easier to miss him among the larger beings, but the Matoran was identifiable without thought. Akiri Kongu. Leader of Le-Koro and the De-Toa's former Captain. The thought passed through his mind, the absence of his badge prominent in the back of his mind, and his posture immediately straightened. Krayn had, over the course of a few seconds, gone from somewhat at ease to almost at attention.

He did not speak, however. Not everyone was yet present, and it was Skyra who seemed to be their spokeswoman.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Krayn's sudden change in demeanour wasn't lost on Rynekk. The missing badge, the look on Inzaka's face when he saw the Akiri of Le-Koro ... pieces of the puzzle were coming together in the young Sentinel's mind.

And he's a gloomy SOB on the best of days, Rynekk thought. Maybe we need to work a little Simul magic here....

With movements that would be barely perceptible in the hustle and bustle of their entrance, Rynekk formed a small tablet in his hands. Lines and letters scratched themselves into its smooth surface, and before long, a brief message was formed. The stone was promptly tossed, as discreetly as possible, over to the Toa of Sonics, who, if he choose to read it, would find:

Show the Le-Akiri my JallerxKongu fiction: y/n?

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

As we all entered the office, I immediately noticed that it wasn't just Nuparu inside. Kongu was there as well, I really hadn't been expecting my boss to be there...and was that Sulov Maru? 

I cleared my throat, I had a larger audience than I expected. "Akiri Nuparu, Akiri Kongu, Sulov Maru, Captain Onepu..." I greeted each of them in turn. "I'll get straight to the point, me and my comrades are going to infiltrate Ko-koro, find out where the hostages are being held, and then figure out a way to rescue them." I said this with confidence, because it was exactly what we were going to do. 

"We came here to ask you for any information on Ko-koro that we may not have already. We're also open to advice, and if you want to give aid or resources to our efforts that would be pretty neat." Overall I thought I summed up the purpose of our meeting pretty nicely. 

Edited by Lara Croft

"Well, you came at a very convenient time. I happen to be in the market for someone to go into Ko-Koro and do exactly what you plan to do." Nuparu replied.

"Well, you should probably know that the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an has been evicted, the Nightfall apparently had disagreements with them. Furthermore, we'll be more than happy to provide you with whatever additional supplies you think you'll need"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

So the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an was no longer in Ko-koro, it was actually pretty useful information. The more we knew about our enemy and what we were up against the better. I was relieved that Nuparu was more than welcoming of the idea of us infiltrating Ko-koro, and offering us supplies on top of that. 

"Thank you Akiri, we could use new masks, tools, outfits...anything that would help us look like mercenaries. And maybe a place to store our old equipment if that isn't too much trouble." 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: Sulov sizes up Daring. He remembers the name from the report on Hiemalis' Ta-Koro attack and those who fought for Onewa. Good. He just doesn't remember the name on a woman.

But Kongu isn't surprised. He supposes she's the real deal.

"My house has lockers for equipment," Sulov suggests. It is best that his space goes for this cause even if not used by him.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: dynamic duo jam of plot and actual movement

IC:

Dehkaz took the steps two at a time as he ascended to the worn wooden door of the old-style Onu-Koroan earthen building.  Judging by the rotting, incomprehensible sign that was nailed above the door, it may have at one point been some sort of establishment, some time before the war, at least.  If it wasn't for the fact that the tablet held under his arm specifically cited this particular building, he probably would have assumed it abandoned.

"This is it," he raised an armored fist, before glancing back at Naona for a moment.

"Be ready," Not that it was necessary to say, the Po-toa looked prepared to take on the very heart of evil, "Roth may not take too kindly to seeing my face again."

With a solid, faintly metallic sound, Dehkaz brought his knuckles against the door in two quick motions.  Before he changed his mind.

This was it. The first step in finding Hari.

Naona waited patiently behind Dehkaz, her arms crossed in a casual manner. On the surface, she seemed quite calm and relaxed, but her steely gaze told another story; she was determined, highly so, to achieve her goals, no matter what she needed to do. It was an undercurrent of tension, one that could be barely felt by the duo of Toa.

There was no immediate response to his knock.  That was to be expected, of course.  Roth would be careful, even now.  And so they waited.  A minute passed, Dehkaz folded his arms over his chest.

Then two, measuring time only by the rhythmic beat of his heartlight.  The air of silence between them became increasing charged.

Dehkaz counted three or so odd minutes, he was beginning to grow impatient.  More so than the thought of Hari continuing onward did.  He was about to speak, tell Naona that they might be better off going elsewhere, when the snap-whirr of a piece of technology powering up sounded behind them.

"What do you want?" Came a gravelly voice behind them, the owner of the voice, a battered looking black-armored Lesterin, held a gun-like apparatus in his hands.  Aimed at the two of them.

"Roth, is it?" said Naona, her tone flat. "We're here to talk."

Her eyes had glanced down at the launcher for an instant before returning to gaze firmly at the black Lesterin, confidently waiting for a reply. It was a risky situation they had found themselves in, but she didn't act in any manner that betrayed her annoyance at having a gun pointed at her. What was important now was finding Hari.

The man before her could help.

Nothing else mattered but that.

"Who wants to know?" The lesterin who was assumably Roth asked, his eyes narrowing as they focused on Naona, the weapon drifting over to her direction.  He didn't seem immediately hostile, and while he was pointing a gun in their direction, his relaxed posture made it feel more like a precaution than a threat.

They didn't have time for this.  Dehkaz turned, slowly so as to not provoke the gun-toting ex-merc, and positioned himself in front of Naona as he descended the steps.  Partially to close the distance between him and the lesterin, and partially to draw his aim away from Naona.  "Roth, we have to speak, this is important."

Roth's gaze hardened almost instantly, and he shouldered his rifle to aim it squarely at Dehkaz's chest.

"You've got some guts to coming here," he growled, finger noticeably sliding to hover above the weapon's trigger.  Dehkaz took a half step back, putting some space between them if it came to a fight.  His hand, still positioned at his side, edged closer to the pistol holstered on his leg, while the other signaled Naona to be ready.  "After what you did."

Whether or not Roth noticed the movements was hard to tell, as he kept his gaze and aim directly at the toa of Magnetism.

"I didn't have a choice," Dehkaz replied carefully, hand now resting on the butt of the pistol.  "You didn't give me one."

"Is that so?"

Her friend had understated the history he had with the Lesterin before them. It irked Naona; it would have been less surprising had she been informed of any bad blood between the two. Information was power, and with it she could have been prepared for whatever atmosphere would've greeted them.

Except now they were evidently off to a bad start.

Still, she had received Dehkaz' signal. While her arms were still crossed, her muscles had tensed, ready to launch into gear at any moment if the diplomatic approach failed.

The atmosphere between the two men could have been sliced through with a blade.  Dehkaz stood, unmoving but ready, while Roth's hard gaze continued to cut a hole through him.  It lasted a moment longer, and Dehkaz was considering knocking the ex-mercenary out and getting what they wanted out of him the hard way.

Until a rather unexpected sound broke the tense silence, as a deep, reverberating noise which could only be identified as a hoarse laugh came from Roth.  With a sudden, but practiced movement, Roth slung his rifle over his shoulder, and stepped forward to clap a slightly shocked Dehkaz on the back.

"Ha! You should've seen your face," Roth chuckled, shaking his head at his own self-amusement.  "Looked like you saw a ghost."

With a relaxed, almost stereotypically roguish mercenary, grin returning to his face, Roth stepped around Dehkaz unconcerned and ascended up the steps to his door.

"Come on in," He said to the two of them, producing a key from his pack and stepping into his residence. "Sounds like you two need something important."

Naona simply nodded. The intricacies of inter-mercenary relations were not exactly her purview, but she was glad that they could progress upon the case. Glancing at her companion in the corner of her eye, she wondered what Dehkaz was feeling right now. Relief? Joy? A sense of nostalgia? She didn't know. What was it like, to rejoin a life that one had left long ago?

Roth closed the door behind them once they had entered, and gave an apologetic smile to Naona.

"Sorry about the theatrics, Miss, but Stone Face over there still hasn't lightened up.  And he owes me one."

Stepping further into the dwelling, and uncovering a lightstone lamp as he did so, Roth placed the rifle which had seemed moments from putting a hole through Dehkaz onto a table, before pulling up a chair to sit in.

"So," He began, "How can I help?"

• Upvote 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Thank you Akiri, we could use new masks, tools, outfits...anything that would help us look like mercenaries. And maybe a place to store our old equipment if that isn't too much trouble." 

"Yes, of cou-" Nuparu stopped himself when he suddenly realized something important.

"There is one thing, though," he continued "about your plans for getting inside Ko-Koro". He said it remarkably fast, as it forgetting it for only a moment warranted some frenetic catching-up.

"I have it from a reliable source that the Nightfall have taken over the Koro's Aural Security System, have you considered how to deal with it it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I gave Sulov a thankful nod before looking at Nuparu. An Aural Security System...sounded like a problem. 

"I have to admit this is the first I've heard of it actually. I'm guessing it detects sound?" 

Edited by Lara Croft

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro- Akiri's hut

IC: "Krayn here is a Toa of Sound." The silver Toa said, gesturing to the person in question. "If we need to sneak in he can dampen any noises we make. However if we are planning on presenting ourselves as mercenaries it might be best if we walked up to the gate like any other collection of swords-for-hire would."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1