BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Navuru (Onu-Koro)

I walk along the street. I plan to find those so-called "friends" who left me to die. I know where they live, I know where they go out during the day, I know everything about them.

Except for the fact they're dead.

I find this out moments later as I see a sign offering a reward for retrieving their Kanohi for their respective funerals. Five days pass before the feeble-minded bureaucrats can label someone as dead, or deceased as they like to call it.

How Ehu liked to call it...

IC Tsuda

"Well, if my memory serves me correctly,-"

-this was quite unlikely, given his circumstances-

"-inns and taverns are a good a place as any to check the pulse of any settlement. Perhaps that one over there?" He points towards the steakhouse, the wonderfully steaky smelling steakhouse...

...but close to it

IC: "Where, exactly, would Onu-Koro happen to be? Geologically speaking, that is,"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Well... underground, naturally. If you meant geographically speaking, then Onu-Koro is the farthest northwestern settlement on Mata Nui.

IC: "Umm...what's Mata Nui?"

"That's the island you're on right now. As far as I can tell, you're yet another amnesiac who's washed up on the shore with no memory of who you are and where you come from. Am I close?"

IC: "That sounds right...I think, except...I know my name...I think,"

Edited by Petewa

IC: Akili - Onu-Koro.

"Sounds good to me. I'm hungry, anyway." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro)

He was a bit disappointed to hear that he wouldn't be allowed to leave the building, but decided to take the job anyways. Work sounded much more interesting than sitting in a cell doing nothing, and his sentence would also be shortened. "Alright", he replied to Aar and grabbed the pen. It felt strange in his hand, and he wasn't sure how to write. After a moment of uncertainty and confusion he asked the guard "How do I write 'Danaku Ran'?"

IC: Aar

He sighed and wrote out how he had seen it written on a loose piece of paper. "Like so."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Jettix

Plopping down in a chair and pulling himself up to a small wooden table in the backroom, the Su-Toa finished composing himself before the Skakdi spoke again.

This time, there was a slight pause in a moment of disbelief before Jettix broke out in a fit of laughter.

"Oh, Mata Nui, why have you graced us with such a wonderful being?" he decried, chuckling and tilting his head to the ceiling, leaning back in the chair and raising his arms up in mock praise.

He returned to a normal sitting position, his face twisting into a sarcastic grin and his hands folding back behind his head..

"Okay, then, chief. What's your plan?"

IC: Danaku Ran(Onu-Koro)

"Ah, okay" he said and tried to replicate the symbols. Suffice to say that he didn't really succeed. "Um.. is this good enough?" he asked and pointed at the crooked lines and twisty circles of ink. The pen felt very awkward in his hand.

IC: Lehti (Outskirts of Onu-Koro)

As soon as Lehti heard the word 'steak', she realised that she was quite hungry. "Me too. I would really like to have some juicy meat." Besides, this was the distraction she needed. Although maybe they cook the meat like the plain-dwellers do, meaning that they use wooden logs as fuel.. but she decided to ignore these thoughts. She had to keep her promise and stay calm.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: If you don't mind, Petewa, stop chainquoting, it takes up unnecessary space and looks cluttered. Just quote the last response.

Like this:

IC: "That sounds right...I think, except...I know my name...I think,"

"That's common," Ferron said, "some of them also tend to have a vague, nonspecific goal when they get here, does that apply to you?"

Edited by Rucks
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: If you don't mind, Petewa, stop chainquoting, it takes up unnecessary space and looks cluttered. Just quote the last response.

Like this:

"That's common," Ferron said, "some of them also tend to have a vague, nonspecific goal when they get here, does that apply to you?"

OOC: Sorry, hadn't tried that,

IC: "Um, no, I remember an old guy saying something, but  I don't know what it means,"

OOC:  Slight bunnying? I'll edit if you don't like this, Norik.  You said you were looking for Ishi, so...

Also, I'm puddle hopping today on planes.  Perfect time to do quick posts in response. :P

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (The Golden Pickaxe)

She found him quick enough.  All Dervish needed was to find the inn Ferron mentioned, the Golden Pickaxe, and there Ishi was: sitting at the table in the middle of the room, surrounded by miners done for the day.  He was without food or drink, but seemed unaffected by his physical handicaps.  

"Ah, you're here," he noted as she strode up.  "Great, take the keys on the table and let's go check out our rooms.  Today's been exhausting, and I could sure use some good rest."

Edited by Kughii
  • Upvote 1

IC: Aar

"It'll do." The receptionist took the paper and left to file it, informing him that everything was in order. "I'll take you to the armory then," Aar said, before leading him to a stuffy room at the rear of the building, one of which's wall was covered in weaponry. "This will be your work space, best get used to it right away. It's where every Ussalman goes for his weapon needs, save for repairs. Sharpening and simple things are handled here, but if you want something re-forged, Ferron's Forge in town is where most go."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Reson - Ferron's Forge.

The De-Toa continued to wait. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge):

"Are you sure you heard Mataru and not Mata?" Tuli enquired. "Maybe you misheard?"

IC: No, I'm pretty sure he said mataru,

"I see. No, that expression is unknown to me..." Ferron mused, before his face eventually lit up.

"I know, try and head over to the Wise Man's Archive. It's an extensive library, maybe you'll find out something about it there"

Ferron found himself a small note and scribbled down instructions on how to reach the archive from his forge.

"There, this is how you get there," he said as he handed the note to Petewa, "good luck"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I see. No, that expression is unknown to me..." Ferron mused, before his face eventually lit up.

"I know, try and head over to the Wise Man's Archive. It's an extensive library, maybe you'll find out something about it there"

Ferron found himself a small note and scribbled down instructions on how to reach the archive from his forge.

"There, this is how you get there," he said as he handed the note to Petewa, "good luck"

IC: "Thank you," I leave the forge and follow the directions,

"Jut here to pick up the armour I left with you the other day," Reson said, digging around for his widgets, "how much were the repairs?"

"Here you go," Reson handed over the money (which he definitely hadn't stolen from Nariya's before he'd left for the forge).

______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Nariya - House.

Sitting back in her couch with the crab still scuttling circles around her, Nariya sat back, closing her eyes for a moment before realising that she could no longer feel the familiar bulge of her coinpurse in her pocket. "Oh, you son of a ...."

IC: I reach the archive, and try asking whoever there may be if they can help me,

OoC: On mobile.

IC: Oliphko (Wise Man's Archive)

I'm walking towards the door when I notice a fellow Po-Toa approach me and ask if I could help him. I get anxious and uncomfortable like I always do when a stanger tries to talk with me, and avoid eye contact while trying to muster enough confidence for an answer. "Uh, what help do you need..?" I manage to ask with a faltering voice. Once again I feel like a caged animal, but I do my best to act like a normal person.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OoC: On mobile.

IC: Oliphko (Wise Man's Archive)

I'm walking towards the door when I notice a fellow Po-Toa approach me and ask if I could help him. I get anxious and uncomfortable like I always do when a stanger tries to talk with me, and avoid eye contact while trying to muster enough confidence for an answer. "Uh, what help do you need..?" I manage to ask with a faltering voice. Once again I feel like a caged animal, but I do my best to act like a normal person.

IC: "Would you happen to know what mataru nui means?"

IC: Jettix

Jettix calmed down as the Ba-Toa approached and said her two bits. He considered for a moment, before nodding her head in agreement.

The bartender had overheard their conversation (mainly due to the Skakdi's tendency to show off), knowing exactly what the Su-Toa would ask him as he gor out of his chair. He jerked a thumb over his shoulder, indicating a backroom down a hall.

Jettix began following the corridor the bartender had indicated, turning 'round and waving a hand to the Toa and the Skakdi, beckoning them to follow.

IC:

Crystalia did indeed follow Jettix into the back room, staying silent as the Skakdi spoke up. "I'm not sure if following a Skakdi's plan would be the smartest choice."

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro, Wise Man's archive)

"Uh, well, I was just studying a bunch of books about languages and dialects.. Would you.. erm, I can show you some of those books, there were also a couple of dictionaries there.." I spend a moment in awkward silence before turning around and muttering "They are over here. Follow me." I walk back to the shelves and pick up some books. Without saying a word or making eye contact I offer them to him.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Uh, well, I was just studying a bunch of books about languages and dialects.. Would you.. erm, I can show you some of those books, there were also a couple of dictionaries there.." I spend a moment in awkward silence before turning around and muttering "They are over here. Follow me." I walk back to the shelves and pick up some books. Without saying a word or making eye contact I offer them to him.

IC: I take the books and thank him,

OoC: Surely you mean "thank her", she's a woman :P

"..welcome" I say,having intended to say 'You're welcome' but failing horribly. Ugh. I nod nervously and walk outside. Do I still remember the path to Ferron's forge? No. Great. This will take a while..

Ah, there it is. That took less time than I had thought. I'm about to open the door when I decide to instead knock on it. I don't want to seem impolite, anyways.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

There was no way around it, Ferron was feeling nothing short of tired after the last customer left the forge. Sitting down into his armchair (a new, smaller one he'd gotten a hold of to replace the old one that he almost fell into), he then heard a knock on the door.

"Tuli, watch the fire, I'll tell them we're closed for the day"

But when he opened the door, his expression changed. He looked more aware, invigorated.

"Welcome back, Oliphko. Did you get what you needed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge)

I nod in reply to Ferron. "Will we.. will we begin the training now?" I ask, and wonder how exactly he's going to teach me utilise the powers within me. Well, he's a Turaga, so he probably knows everything there is to know about elemental powers and their use. Still, I'm not very confident that I can learn what he teaches. And what if something goes wrong? Mata Nui, I hope everything will be fine, and that I won't embarass myself.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Yes, we probably should. We'll of course need to find a good spot to start with, hmm... ah, of course"

"Tuli," Ferron said and turned to his assistant, "if you wouldn't mind closing up shop here for the day and locking the door, that'd be much appreciated. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Now, if you wouldn't mind following me, Oliphko" Ferron said as he took the lead.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro)

I walk after Ferron. I wonder where we're going; we make our way through the streets of the underground industrial city, all the way to the outskirts of it, and enter a gloomy tunnel. A while later we arrive at an empty, mostly dark cavern with a single dim lightstone pushing away the shadows. There's a broken pickaxe on the ground and a small stream piercing the rocky walls, the sound of lapping water echoing in the cave. I assume this is where I'll receive my training. I'm a bit nervous to be honest.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ferron (Cave)

Ferron walked into the center of the cave, and picked up the pickaxe from the dirt, inspecting it with practised scrutiny. The wooden shaft was intact, but the head itself was flaked with rust, and one of the tips had even broken off. Clearly the tool had been discarded by a careless miner once it outlived its usefulness.

Ferron placed his natural hand on the metal, and closed his eyes. Slowly, the red texture of rust began to recede, giving way to a polished steel-gray sheen that blinked faintly in the glow of the lightstone. The recession continued all the way into the broken tip, and then went past it, growing back into shape. In a matter of minutes, the pickaxe was restored to peak condition, without any real sign of weariness evident on the old smith who was now twirling it around with a satisfied expression.

"Alright, Oliphko. There's a few things I'd like to discuss with you. Why don't you try and conjure up a few stones for us to sit on while we do it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Reson/Nariya - Nariya's House.

Pulling on his newly-repaired armour as he walked, Reson opened the door to Nariya's house, and was immediately pulled off his feet by a vine waiting across the doorway.

"Your first day back, and you robbed me?" Nariya stood over him, arms folded across her chest. "Oh.... that's a nice look," she softened, seeing his pristine armour. "I guess what they say about men in uniforms is true after all." 

"I had to pay for it somehow," Reson got to his feet, "and I promise that I'll pay you back," 

"You'd better, or I'm cooking your crab." 

"You wouldn't; you're a vegetarian." Reson pointed out.

Nariya grinned. "I never said I was going to eat the crab after I cooked it." She leaned forward and kissed him. "I missed you." 

He wrapped his arms around her and held her close, not saying anything. He didn't need to. 

IC: Oliphko (Cave)

Uh, sure. Just make rocks appear out of thin air. No problem. I focus, and try to grasp the elemental energy I feel pulsing in my body. I mean, I feel its presence, that's a good start. Maybe if I close my eyes it will be easier to focus? Erm.. How did he do it? It seemed so effortless and easy.. Maybe if I try to meditate? Well, why not. I sit down and calm my body and soul..

..It's not working. I sigh and open my eyes. "Um, sorry, Ferron.. or should I call you teacher? I.. I don't know how to do that" I say to him with evident disappointment.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ferron (Cave) 

"I see..." Ferron muttered.

"We can use these" he said, gesturing to a pair of rocks standing nearby.

As he sat down opposite Oliphko, the forgemaster slowly put his thoughts into words.

"What I'm going to try to teach you, isn't how to best be a Toa, or what's the "right" thing to do in any situation, or the Toa Code." he began.

"You'll have to decide upon those things for yourself. I can't show you which path you should take, all I'll be able to do is help you find the way you want to go"

"I can help you with unlocking your powers, and I can give you a few pointers in combat, but when it comes to answering what your purpose or goal should be, I have nothing, because you decide upon those on your own, I can merely help you along the way there"

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oliphko (Cave)

I nod. I probably should be looking him in the eyes but I can't muster the confidence to do so.  I have several questions in my mind, and I decide to present them to Ferron."So, um, what do I need to do? I tried to focus and use the powers.. the powers I feel in my body, but I.. can't. How did you do it? Control the iron in that pickaxe? I mean, you seemed to just close your eyes and focus, and I tried doing that, but it didn't work. Is it like learning to speak or walk? Skills that are easy for younger to learn? I know that there are no 'Toa schools' on this island, so all those.. all those people who are born to be Toa must have an innate ability for using elemental powers. So is it like that? Can I even learn to use them? Am I too old?" I actually manage to make eye contact with Ferron, but quickly look elsewhere.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles