Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

NickonAquaMagna

I'm speechless. Really I am. That is just so beautiful.  :cry:

I would love to be around when our own galaxy collides with Andromeda. Unfortunately, aside from the obvious impossibility of that, our own planet will have been burned to a crisp by our sun by then. The people of Nova Orbis are lucky.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I would love to be around when our own galaxy collides with Andromeda. Unfortunately, aside from the obvious impossibility of that, our own planet will have been burned to a crisp by our sun by then. The people of Nova Orbis are lucky.

I don't want to live in a galaxy whose name is dumber than anything anyone can imagine (It'll be called Milkdromeda when our galaxies merge)

I just realized something: Shouldn't the Vo-Matoran have blue as a primary color and white as secondary?

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

I don't want to live in a galaxy whose name is dumber than anything anyone can imagine (It'll be called Milkdromeda when our galaxies merge)

I just realized something: Shouldn't the Vo-Matoran have blue as a primary color and white as secondary?

I never thought of that... Part of my decision to include Uira was so there'd be a predominantly white Toa to fill the void left by the usual Toa of ice, though when she was a Matoran, I tried to make it half and half. When we see more Vo-Matoran in the future, I'll have some be mostly blue and some be mostly white. I'll also try to make it a very distinct, intense blue that you don't typically see on Ga-Matoran (light blue) or Ce-Matoran (dark blue).

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Aw, dangit, now everyone's gonna have click back to the previous page to see it. XD

Well, here it is again. sky_by_nickinamerica-d89ci5p.jpg

Okay, now under a nightsky like that I can except Ahkmou/Mieli shipping in story. Although I personal think that Ahkmou would be all 'What is this thing you call, love?' 

Edited by Toa Jaxus

Are you going to make a fully comic version of the story? I like the story, I would just really enjoy a full comic version since I like your art style.

If I did it that way, it would never get done. It would just be waaay too time-consuming and become more trouble than it's worth. Sorry, but... this is the only way I can do this.

Here's something special I whipped up to cap off the year with. It's a Bionicle retrospective. I'm considering making a thread just for this, but I dunno if that would be frowned upon or not. I'll let that depend on how it's received, here. There's no cussing or anything, if that's an issue.

• Upvote 1

Huh... kinda fits.

BTW, this is the kind of vehicle I would LOVE to see in the eventual "Bionicle Racers" arc.

Wow, is that a set? That's probably the coolest Technic set I've seen, and I can definitely see it seating some Matoran in a death race.

Huh... kinda fits.

BTW, this is the kind of vehicle I would LOVE to see in the eventual "Bionicle Racers" arc.

Wow, is that a set? That's probably the coolest Technic set I've seen, and I can definitely see it seating some Matoran in a death race.

It's a moc that won 2nd place in some contest on eurobricks.

Daronus, on 15 Dec 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

That's the kinda vehicle I'd like to see as Ahkmou's new sandmobile or something

He won't need one anymore, he can roll around in a giant stone wheel, remember?

That doesn't change the fact that it's totally awesome

L8R

There, all tweny-four chapters read. I gotta say it this was one heck of a story you had there. Can't wait for next year. So now, it's time for nitpicking: The colors for some elements were off (like the missing blue in "the green" The Navy replacing the gunmetal on magnetism, Gunmetal+orange replaced with beige on Iron and the inverted colors of lightning). However, I think they really fit nicely to their elements. So overall you get a 9.8/10 from me. Nice work m80

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

okay, so i watched your interveiw with TTV, and i must say it was very inspiring actually, as well as comedic.

also, i hadnt heard of Nova Orbis before it, and was definitly not disapointed with what i found! great artwork, story, everything is really nicely done and themed.

but then i got thinking...

so I'm a bit of an aspiring indie game developer, and I had this revolutionary idea:

what if there was a Nova Orbis themed MNOG esc game?

it wouldnt be too chalenging to do, and ive been looking for a project to do for a while now.

what do you say to that idea?

okay, so i watched your interveiw with TTV, and i must say it was very inspiring actually, as well as comedic.

also, i hadnt heard of Nova Orbis before it, and was definitly not disapointed with what i found! great artwork, story, everything is really nicely done and themed.

so I'm a bit of an aspiring indie game developer, and I had this revolutionary idea:

it wouldnt be too chalenging to do, and ive been looking for a project to do for a while now.

Really? Well.... sure. Any idea what it would be like? The in-game art an' whatnot?

Also, wanna go over this on skype?

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

Really? Well.... sure. Any idea what it would be like? The in-game art an' whatnot?

Also, wanna go over this on skype?

What about legal issues? XD

Just finished reading through pretty much the entire thing at once.

That was epic. I wish I knew about this before!

I do have a few questions though.

1. Why did everyone pack up and just leave Spherus Magna? The entire Bionicle story, including stuff like Matoro's sacrifice, the final battle, the Toa Nuva and Inika's quests, lead up to Mata-Nui giving up his life to reform Spherus Magna and make it a paradise for everyone, and then they just.. leave? For one single island somewhere in space? 

2. What happened to everyone? E.g. The old Matoran, the Toa Nuva, Tahu, Takanuva, the Turaga, the Toa Mahri, and the Order of Mata-Nui. Why are they not on Nova Orbis too? If they all died of old age, how are Ahkmou, Taipu, Kopeke and Macku still alive? 

3. What's up with the underground place with all the dead Matoran and Axonn's body? What happened to them, and how did they get there? Is the place a part of, or THE spaceship everyone used to get to Nova Orbis? 

4. What happened to the other Toa/Turaga (Kapura, Hafu and Tamaru)

5. When is the sequel coming? That was awesome. I need MOAR.

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

1. Why did everyone pack up and just leave Spherus Magna? The entire Bionicle story, including stuff like Matoro's sacrifice, the final battle, the Toa Nuva and Inika's quests, lead up to Mata-Nui giving up his life to reform Spherus Magna and make it a paradise for everyone, and then they just.. leave? For one single island somewhere in space? 

2. What happened to everyone? E.g. The old Matoran, the Toa Nuva, Tahu, Takanuva, the Turaga, the Toa Mahri, and the Order of Mata-Nui. Why are they not on Nova Orbis too? If they all died of old age, how are Ahkmou, Taipu, Kopeke and Macku still alive? 

3. What's up with the underground place with all the dead Matoran and Axonn's body? What happened to them, and how did they get there? Is the place a part of, or THE spaceship everyone used to get to Nova Orbis? 

1. Probably because they were curious, and wanted to see what was out there. That's not to say that there are people still on Spherus Magna (providing it's still habitable by the time This story takes place). Nova Orbis is just a colony, whilst S.M is the main thing. It's kind of like how the Channel islands and Gibraltar are British colonies.

2. I'm not sure, but my guess is that they're still on Spherus Magna or another colony.

3. I think we'll find out soon enough, but I think they are the people who first landed on Nova Orbis.

4: Well, We saw a carving of Hafu in the temple in Chapter 11, so I'd assume that It's a memorial or something. As for the other two... I dunno.

5. Nick said it was coming next spring.

And that concludes this episode of "Speculation with Daronus".

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Not everyone did, though... and I think that answers most of your questions, right there.

Spring.

Wow... when you said 8-bit, I thought you were going with classic Mario 8-bit. These are amazing! The level of detail is astounding for such small sprites, and they do a great job of representing the characters. It's great that you actually made each of them with different body types rather than just using a base and adding on the masks.

These are the Matoran sprites, right? Just wanted to make sure the Toa will be taller. :D

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

This entire thing is really amazing!  I found out about the comic through TTV and I read all of it over the course of the past day.  I can honestly state that I've never seen a BIONICLE fan story that was this good; considering that I've been searching for over seven years now, that shows how good this is.  I'll be honest when I state that I LITERALLY made my BZPower account today just to comment on this.

Good job and I wish you the best of luck in the next arc.

Not everyone did, though... and I think that answers most of your questions, right there.

Spring.

Oh, I understand. Will we ever find out what happened to those characters back on Spherus Magna?

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Spring.

Oh, I understand. Will we ever find out what happened to those characters back on Spherus Magna?

Little bit.

Indeed, they are smashing.

On another note... here's something to cap off the year with. It's something I've been meaning to get to for a long time.

Behold... Toa Zyvys.

zyvys_by_nickinamerica-d8bfwmq.jpg

......Yeah. Seems his files were corrupted, and this bitty is the result. Huh.

#Bionicle2015!