BIONIFIGHT ULTIMATE

Voltex

Aww... i would die for orb of plant life.

*Offers JiMing blue orb of not fire with big eyes*

Tradesy?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Did you have to drown in order to use the Blue Orb of Not Fire? If not, no deal.

I think that until I get another Ultimate Weapon, I'll be using the Green Orb of Plantlife more than the Subspace Pocket. And even then...

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Alright, first: I'll need another filler after this post if nobody responds, since I think this should be given separate attention before we're distracted by the round.

Some Notes

Take a look at the first post of this topic - it's huge. It's color-coded according to updates. There are so many game types and arenas that we will never use them all, especially if we continue to add more in the updates to come.

I don't want to just delete a bunch of stuff, since hard work and lots of time has gone into everything; but the fact remains that as far as content goes, Bionifight Ultimate is rapidly growing too big (It's better than losing activity, but it still must be corrected). So I had a couple ideas on how to deal with this.

Idea #1

My least favorite idea; I remove a bunch of arenas and game types permanently and we slow down on the updates. While this means we lose a lot of content, it means players would only have to worry about keeping up with one topic each round, allowing for the pace of the game to remain unchanged.

Idea #2

I start up another Bionifight game to run alongside this one; this topic would remain focused on the "free-for-all" game types, while the new topic would be focused on "team based" game types; any arenas best suited towards these team games would automatically be moved over to the new topic, and a couple new arenas might be added. The Team Update would largely be assimilated into the new game alongside any other team-based activities.

Idea #3

I start up another Bionifight game to run alongside this one, but this new game would be more along the lines of “Classic” Bionifight. As such, most (or all) of the Respawn Update would become assimilated into the new game and removed from the current topic, alongside whatever arenas work best in those game types.

I’ll leave it up to you all to decide; if we implement Idea #2 or Idea #3, the first active signup cycle (3 rounds) would be sort of a “test-run” to see if activity in both topics could remain at a good pace. Keep in mind that the old Bionifight was labelled as an RPG after Bionifight 4’s closing, so I would have to check in with Windrider to get approval for Idea #3. Should the test-run fail and activity fall in both, I’ll close the new topic and re-introduce as much stuff from it back into the old topic as possible.

I'm leaning towards Idea 3. One can be a more casual game filled with lots of crazy violence, and the other can be a more competitive topic. Just my two cents though.

EDIT: Just thought of something, will our profiles be the same between the two?

Edited by JiMing

Eh... personally, I'd greatly prefer keeping everything in one topic. One game, even if it means cutting out a bunch of stuff. And I do think the updates should be drastically reduced in frequency. Like, one update every three to four months, or something like that.

But anyways, bottom line... I'm standing with Option #1.

Edited by Shadowhawk

Like, one update every three to four months, or something like that.

I think that's a little too drastic... there are at least three updates in progress at the moment

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Like, one update every three to four months, or something like that.

I think that's a little too drastic... there are at least three updates in progress at the moment

That's part of the problem, though. We're getting too much content to conceivably ever use. The multi-topic options would help with that, alongside a limit of one update per month.

I like option 1... it is already too difficult to keep up with this topic and it would be the death of me to keep track of two different topics

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm waiting to start Round 10 until everyone has shared their opinion on the issue at hand; if it's Option 1 that is chosen I'll slowly put it into effect this week, but if it's Option 2 or Option 3 I'll wait a week or two before pulling the switch.

I'm leaning towards Idea 3. One can be a more casual game filled with lots of crazy violence, and the other can be a more competitive topic. Just my two cents though.

EDIT: Just thought of something, will our profiles be the same between the two?

For the most part, they can be. Ultimate Weapons won't carry over, but Special Weapons 2.0 could be reverted to old-fashioned Special Weapons in the case of Option 3. Option 2, they'd be exactly the same.

But this is only if you want them to be.

Option #1 seems good in my opinion, the game is fine how it is and some deleted content wouldn't harm it.

EDIT: Good as in better than the others

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Just saying, I had a lot of content cut out during the making of the Respawn Update. I'd rather not have that fate befall that, the Team, or Titanfall Update's content.

Those who support Option 1, read this again.

Just saying, I had a lot of content cut out during the making of the Respawn Update. I'd rather not have that fate befall that, the Team, or Titanfall Update's content.

You could always save the content that is removed and use it in the next Bionifight if there are going to be sequels but if not then I support #3

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

OOC: I myself am leaning towards either option 2 or 3 for a couple of reasons.

One being that tada, we can now perhaps have a few more players, as there may be people who only play one version over the other,

and Two being that more Bionifight is always better than less Bionifight. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

You could always save the content that is removed and use it in the next Bionifight if there are going to be sequels but if not then I support #3
Tell me, when would you say there'd be a sequel? Not for a while, right? And besides, when the last game ended, it took at least a year to come out.

Speaking as the most frequent contributor to fan updates, I've got to say that I honestly wouldn't mind the cutting of content all that much. I trust iBrow's judgement in regards to what content deserves to remain and what is not strictly necessary.

but their spirits

Speaking as the most frequent contributor to fan updates, I've got to say that I honestly wouldn't mind the cutting of content all that much. I trust iBrow's judgement in regards to what content deserves to remain and what is not strictly necessary.

I kind of agree with chro here.. As the starter of a recent update I trust ibrow's judgment as well.. Plus my concerns with both options 2 and 3 is people will get worn out from two separate bionfights going on.. That is my main concern

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I know I haven't actually played this, so feel free to disregard my post. Still, I'd like to state my view on the matter.

1 and 2 seem to be the better options to me, with 1 being my personal preference. Unless I'm just completely misunderstanding things, 3 doesn't seem like it would solve the problem, as there would still be a lot of content left over. 2 would essentially split the game in two, which I think would work pretty well. 1 is my own preference for reasons similar to Voxumo. It would be easier to only have to keep track of only one topic, but then again, I'm a little lazy.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I kind of agree with chro here.. As the starter of a recent update I trust ibrow's judgment as well.. Plus my concerns with both options 2 and 3 is people will get worn out from two separate bionfights going on.. That is my main concern
Keyword, started. You have no idea how draining it was to have so much content cut out. After spending so much time, nearly half the content made for the Respawn Update went poof. So if you want to remove content, then I might as well not have organized the update in the first place, and you should stop working on yours. Edited by JiMing

Keyword, started. You have no idea how draining it was to have so much content cut out. After spending so much time, nearly half the content made for the Respawn Update went poof. So if you want to remove content, then I might as well not have organized the update in the first place, and you should stop working on yours.

There is a reason Chro, ehks, blade and I did a small update.. We knew the risks when we started it and we willingly took it. All four of us realize our update may not even make it into the game and we are fine with that. Yeah it will be disappointing but it was a risk we are willing to take. We are just glad to have the chance to even attempt it since Chro and I have been talking about doing something for awhile now.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I'm just going to say that everything mediocre was already removed from the Respawn update and likely the Team Update. What more do you want? If we shipped the content off to another game, you don't need to play it. We all willingly joined this game, and you can choose not to join a side game.

You need to understand that I'm proud of my work. I don't want it to be removed further after so many ideas were cut.

And whether I like Voxumo's update or not is something I will decide, as well as completely irrelevant to this debate.

Edited by JiMing

I am not going to get into this further.. In the end it is up to the players on which option they vote for.. That is what it comes down to

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

And whether I like Voxumo's update or not is something I will decide, as well as completely irrelevant to this debate.

As you were saying, you were proud of what you had made, and you were unhappy with what was cut. I do not think that much from Fan Update #3 will be cut, and thus the most content that will be enjoyed will make it to the game. That's what I was intending to refer to when I said that.

but their spirits

I pick #3.

Don't you want to read what it says?

I was elected to lead. Not to read. #3!

Anyways, seeing that it's three months away from Summer (woohoo!) I'm going to announce in advance that I will will return to the arenas during that long break. Mostly because I'll have a lot of free time on hands(unless somehow there are plans that I don't yet know that will halt this plan). So yeah.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Alright, JL technically barely missed signups, but I will have pity, since that's sort of happened to you every single time. :P We can do 15 players this time around.

Signups closed

<3. Thank you!
Personally, I prefer idea 1 over idea 2 and 3. I'm sure that not everything will be removed, nor do I think that it'd instantly prevent players from playing gametype that exists but have been wiped from the topic itself.
Otherwise, it's idea 2 that I prefer over idea 3.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013