Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I have a bit of an announcement. After the reboot my activity in this RPG will be severely limited. All prior obligations stand, but I probably won't be applying for much more. Of course, if the setting is interesting enough, this might change.

Reasons? I think it's detrimental to my stress levels, relationship with my father, speed of getting work done, and sleep amount.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hey! People! I'm not supposed to tell anyone about this, but Frosty the Drag got permission from Nuju to have Onuzek get an infection! But remember, kids, this is ultra-top-secret so don't tell a soul, kay? Kay. :) :)

*goes to grab knife*

Oh hey EW didn't see you there. Don't mind me...

INGORE ABOVE QUOTE. HE LIES. I JUST KNOW IT.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I have a bit of an announcement. After the reboot my activity in this RPG will be severely limited. All prior obligations stand, but I probably won't be applying for much more. Of course, if the setting is interesting enough, this might change.

Reasons? I think it's detrimental to my stress levels, relationship with my father, speed of getting work done, and sleep amount.

Completely understood. Been there done that. Take the time you need to get things right. :)

-Mef

In Mask of Light, we saw Gali, Lewa and Kopaka use healing powers on Tahu. Do all Toa in the RP have such abilities, or do they have to have a Mask of Healing?

I would say that such powers demonstrated in MoL are only able to be used by the Toa Nuva, who do not exist in this game. So, no, you would need a Mask of Healing.

From the profile pages:

Should you decide to want to CHANGE masks due to character development, that is permissible – however, you must make a mention to it when In Character and make a small stink about it, as well as edit your character's profile.

Basically, you can't just change masks without actually doing so in character. Keep in mind, too, that your character can only have one mask in his possession at any time, so the moment he gets his new mask, he must ditch the old one.

And, to get the mask, you can't make a character and have them give it to you. You should take it off of another player's character. :)

-Mef

Actually, there have been many instances where players have simply gone to NPC-controlled "Kanohi shops" and bought a new mask. There's nothing stopping you from doing do; after all, where would you get a new mask from? PC's are only allowed one mask at a time, no exceptions, which means there's no way to buy a mask from another PC unless they give you their own in exchange for yours. A PC-owned Kanohi shop would be against the rules.

In Mask of Light, we saw Gali, Lewa and Kopaka use healing powers on Tahu. Do all Toa in the RP have such abilities, or do they have to have a Mask of Healing?

I would say that such powers demonstrated in MoL are only able to be used by the Toa Nuva, who do not exist in this game. So, no, you would need a Mask of Healing.

But the Toa Metru healed an Ash Bear by channeling raw energy into a sphere of water. So it's not just the Toa Nuva who have healed other beings...

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Wait, you can exchange masks? -Mef

Why not? There's no reason for it to be prohibited. (I've never seen anyone do it though :P)
Well, there was a member of the ILF who had his mask infected and got a new one... Probably doesn't count though. Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I was going to post something about "I love how you talk about him like he's not here," but no, I missed it.The matoran of different elements does cause some discrepency though.I was watching the Matrix battle in Le-Koro and this sort of prompted me to create a few elemental guidelines. Kughii already made the gravity one; what other elements do you think need one?

Why am I thinking that everyone completely missed my POINT of talking about Gravity? I did not create guidelines, I did not make a "Rule book", I did NOT say any of it was official.

It's my personal feelings on how gravity would work in the game setting -- also, it was only an EXAMPLE of the larger essay: playing a character ONLY as their element, and not trying to make them something they're not.

*cries and deskslams until he collapses*

In regards to healing discussion: I was unaware that the Toa Metru were able to heal an ash bear. HOWEVER, this is what BS01 says:

Encountering an injured Ash Bear in the archives, Nokama encouraged the Toa to perform an experiment, using a minute portion of their Toa power to heal it.

You can't use your Toa power in this game. You can use elemental power, but not Toa power. What's the difference, you ask? Again, to BS01:

Toa Power
is latent energy within all
and
destined to become Toa.

Elemental Powers
are special powers known to be wielded by several
in the
mythos.

The two are entirely different. Elemental powers are accessible by any Toa, but Toa Power cannot be used without staff permission. That's why Matoran can't become Toa, and Toa can't become Turaga without specific staff permission: the transformation is an amazing character development tool that is only given to those who have earned it.

So healing without using a Mask of Healing is prohibited, unless given staff permission.

I think if you are trying to heal with water, it's more of a barbaric way of coating and putting pressure on the wound to stop blood loss, not directly healing or any of that stuff.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I got a 'mask exchange' once. Kalama broke it, and I got a new one. In exchange, my character got developed into being good, with a side personality of what he used to be, and then lost his hand.

Speaking of which, about dismembered limbs - can you heal it back on, or do you need some metal replacement or something?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Wait, now that you guys mention the healing stuff. I do recall seeing Toa of Water using their element to heal wounds. Didn't Naara do that with Dorian? Pretty sure yep.

From BS01:

• Toa of Water possess the Elemental Power of Water, allowing them to create, control and absorb water and similar substances, as well as to channel the healing energy of their own Toa Power or the relinquished Toa Power of other Toa. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Water Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
  • Turaga of Water possess small traces of Elemental Water power, along with very limited healing abilities.

Toa of Water, unlike any other Toa, are able to channel either their own Toa Power or the Toa Power of others in order to produce healing energy. However, the ability still requires relinquishing some Toa Energy, which, as I've said before, is not allowed, simply because doing it often enough would allow someone to transform from Toa to Turaga.

Turaga of Water, on the other hand, appear to possess healing abilities that do not require Toa Power (they gave up their Toa Power to become Turaga, after all). If you want a character to have healing abilities without a Mask of Healing, they must be a Turaga of Water.

Of course, all this is moot if a staffer decides that the amount of Toa Energy needed to heal is negligible enough to be allowed. If it were allowed, it would still be an ability found solely within the realm of Ga-Toa.

Joske. 'Nuff said.Edit: On second thought, I can't remember any others. XD

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Apart from Turaga of Water, you can be a Doctor. That, or: Toa of Fire to Cauterize, Toa of Water to clean, Toa of Ice to numb, Toa of Plantlife to grow some weird thing to heal.

So yeah. Toa of Plantlife is a healer made class, and smack on a mask of healing, and you get to upgrade to priest.

I personally like Paladin's, so....

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

You can also cauterize if you are a skakdi with heat vision. I've done that before without any major public outcry.EDIT: Nice RotMG reference. Personally I prefer the... Thief (I haven't played it in a while, but I think this is the right class), because his poison grenades are epic and his Dps is unstoppable if you have the mithril dagger or higher.

Edited by Bulik