Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

...Funny, cause I really haven't been doing anything besides posting visions and killing a single Rama here and there. :PAlmost as if... I not even part of the hive attack. :o

Is that... AuronxAelynn?:eyetwitch:

BOYEAH UNEXPECTED. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngBTW, I followed your example, Wot, and updated one of my favorite character's profile to the super-detailed one. :D Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Yes, I was thinking of sending him a formal apology for the strain we are likely putting on him, but it wouldn't do much good since that's just another PM for him to read. ;)

I just slowed down my posting drastically to make things easier on him and usually include a summary of noticeable actions my characters committed. In a way, it's how I'm trying to make up for the strain ;) Edited by TX Wade

...What sani-?Nevermind. :P

What sanity?

IC: Trakuda chuckled, "Nah, this is just in case there's a 'Get Well Soon' party. Always bring a banana to a party, Gavarm. Bananas are good."

THAT sanity http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png
That was actually rather sane. I must say, though-speaking of bananas to people who rarely leave a village inside the ground is not advisable. Were Gavarm MORE sane, perhaps, he'd think the exotic word just mentioned to be gibberish and look at Trakuda strangely.@Wotz: I affirm the truth of Tyler's above statement. Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I cannot tell you what a relief it is to come back and only have two pages of Le-Wahi to read. And there's not another two posts a minute to keep track of.Of course, no one bothers to slow down until a staff member tells them to, even though several players (myself included) asked the same thing hours before...

Q2TtLEz.png

Yeah... Well, this sucks.Anyway, I'm going to have to deal with some stuff IRL, and I might loose my ablility to post often here. For... I dunno, the next month or so. :(I'll try and post as much as I can, but don't be suprized if my posts are days inbetween.:c

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I think the general answer to the "I don't have time" for the next few months is going to be this:school.Okay, that said, let's move on.

I won't have much time this weekend. The answer to that:Scotland!Just letting you folks know. I'll have my laptop with me and I will check in in the evenings, just know I can't reply very quickly the next 4 days.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC(Hatann):Hatann slowly stepped behind Hatann. He activated his hidden wrist-blades, they made a sharp sound in the air.

:blink: :blink: :wacko: Eh? Is he in two places at once or is this a typo? If so, who is behind who?
Did I seriously do that? Okay, I'll fix that and I'm getting a Red Bull.

WIP

IC(Hatann):Hatann slowly stepped behind Hatann. He activated his hidden wrist-blades, they made a sharp sound in the air.

:blink: :blink: :wacko: Eh? Is he in two places at once or is this a typo? If so, who is behind who?
:kaukau: That reminds me of when both Both I and this other guy created characters named Laryn. Then I intentionally had one make a deus ex machina appearance on the other.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh Edited by Emperor Kraggh

Xemnas, you cheater. I was supposed to ride second on Skyscratcher!I guess I call it on the way back, then.I'm not sure who I'm more mad at, though...you, or Tyler for not defending my dibs. Grr.Anyways, I see everybody keeps trying to defend Kal and Reordin even though I said in the post they had made their way back to the others.Unless Fanixe attacked them while I was gone and couldn't do anything about it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

:kaukau: You know, I've been wanting to do something more than just wander around and bump into random players while doing nothing in particular.First, I'll obviously be getting Laryn into the fight in Le-Koro, even though he's not a member of the ILS. Hey, he's a Toa of Air, so he'd fit naturally into the scene. Second, I'll be completing my little matoran company, who for now I'll be calling The Nobodies. Third, when I'm ready, I'll be posting my Toa team called The Defenders, although that can sit on the back burner for now. What's important at the moment is that I focus on getting myself firmly established on at least one strong narrative first.But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

:kaukau:But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Exploring matoran innocence... Like Calvin and Hobbes... As in, Matoran children?I didn't quite understand that... Might be because I'm tired and should go to bed soon, but... :P

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

:kaukau:But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Exploring matoran innocence... Like Calvin and Hobbes... As in, Matoran children?I didn't quite understand that... Might be because I'm tired and should go to bed soon, but... :P
*Points at Auron and Aelynn.*EDIT: Also, Suminaxe is in the drifts by himself, and Dalia has been kidnapped by Zanthos and the two are somewhere in Ko-Wahi, Zanthos is trying to figure out where the Academy is in some harebrained scheme to take over <s>the world</s> the island. Feel free to interact with any of them. Edited by AuRon the champion

*Points at Auron and Aelynn.*
I did no do nothing.*raises hands*

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

:kaukau: You know, I've been wanting to do something more than just wander around and bump into random players while doing nothing in particular.First, I'll obviously be getting Laryn into the fight in Le-Koro, even though he's not a member of the ILS. Hey, he's a Toa of Air, so he'd fit naturally into the scene. Second, I'll be completing my little matoran company, who for now I'll be calling The Nobodies. Third, when I'm ready, I'll be posting my Toa team called The Defenders, although that can sit on the back burner for now. What's important at the moment is that I focus on getting myself firmly established on at least one strong narrative first.But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

I respectfully decline. While I like Calvin and Hobbes-esque stuff in general, I don't believe many [adult] matoran are innocent by this point.Think about it: The villagers have been fighting Makuta for (as far as they know) all their lives, with the one hope-filled spot in it induced by the arrival of toa being crushed just as soon as it came. And his grip on the island has steadily become a grasp that is squeezing the life out of MN...By now, even the most immature matoran probably has some combat skills and/or jadedness due to living in such a horrid world.I don't see how many of them can retain their innocence much longer in such a setting. You'll have your Lennies and wide-eyed idealists here and there, but those will almost certainly be broken soon. Do note that I'm fine with disagreement, though; that's just my interpretation of the game's setting in context to this. I'm just explaining why I don't think such a venture would be feasible. Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.

I respectfully decline. While I like Calvin and Hobbes-esque stuff in general, I don't believe many [adult] matoran are innocent by this point.Think about it: The villagers have been fighting Makuta for (as far as they know) all their lives, with the one hope-filled spot in it induced by the arrival of toa being crushed just as soon as it came. And his grip on the island has steadily become a grasp that is squeezing the life out of MN...By now, even the most immature matoran probably has some combat skills and/or jadedness due to living in such a horrid world.I don't see how many of them can retain their innocence much longer in such a setting. You'll have your Lennies and wide-eyed idealists here and there, but those will almost certainly be broken soon.
I beg to differ. Matoran are, in many ways, far more resilient to that sort of depression than humans are. If we consider the BIONICLE universe as following the Tolkien archetypes (which, let's face it, everything does), then Matoran are the Hobbits, the unexpectedly hardy little people. They cling to hope tenaciously. Plus, they believe that a higher power still has their back and best interests at heart. The native population of Mata-Nui knows that their world is dangerous, and getting more so by the day, but they nevertheless believe that better days are ahead.In my mind at least, the spirit of the Matoran people isn't so easily broken. Toa and foreigners are easier to jade; in that way I think, they can't rival the courage of the people they strive to defend. Perhaps the average Matoran isn't as sparkle-eyed as back in the days of the MNOLGs, but they are still spirited and hopeful. That's how I personally see it - y'all feel free to have your own interpretations. Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

But anyway, if I said that I'll be writing about Matoran exploring their innocence in a style reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be interested in contributing to that? I mean, it's not directly inspired by Calvin and Hobbes, and it's not a literal comparison, but there's an element of that there, and some of the feel to MNOG 2.

I respectfully decline. While I like Calvin and Hobbes-esque stuff in general, I don't believe many [adult] matoran are innocent by this point.Think about it: The villagers have been fighting Makuta for (as far as they know) all their lives, with the one hope-filled spot in it induced by the arrival of toa being crushed just as soon as it came. And his grip on the island has steadily become a grasp that is squeezing the life out of MN...By now, even the most immature matoran probably has some combat skills and/or jadedness due to living in such a horrid world.I don't see how many of them can retain their innocence much longer in such a setting. You'll have your Lennies and wide-eyed idealists here and there, but those will almost certainly be broken soon.
I beg to differ. Matoran are, in many ways, far more resilient to that sort of depression than humans are. If we consider the BIONICLE universe as following the Tolkien archetypes (which, let's face it, everything does), then Matoran are the Hobbits, the unexpectedly hardy little people. They cling to hope tenaciously. Plus, they believe that a higher power still has their back and best interests at heart. The native population of Mata-Nui knows that their world is dangerous, and getting more so by the day, but they nevertheless believe that better days are ahead.In my mind at least, the spirit of the Matoran people isn't so easily broken. Toa and foreigners are easier to jade; in that way I think, they can't rival the courage of the people they strive to defend. Perhaps the average Matoran isn't as sparkle-eyed as back in the days of the MNOLGs, but they are still spirited and hopeful. That's how I personally see it - y'all feel free to have your own interpretations.
We agree to disagree, then. Though your interpretation is probably more accurate, as I'm fairly certain you know more about '01-'03 (i don't go back that far) and you're head GM =P Perhaps I just accentuate the strife and struggle to survive of this game's MN too much. But I'll readily admit I'm a bit cynical myself-what do I know? Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

I personally find both interpretations to be fairly accurate. On one hand, no inhabitant can afford to be 100% care-free and pacifistic.On the other hand, they hang onto their happiness, meager as it may be. They haven't yet broken under Makuta's onslaught, and that alone is a testament to their tenacity.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG