Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

If I were to get this approved by Nuju Metru, would any of you like to join this? It's inspired (a little bit) by the mark bearers, the Zodiac discussion that was recently posted here, and some other stuff. This is my idea:inspired by the Zodiac people discussion here on BZ. I had an idea for seven masks, each embodying the spirit of the koros and Kini-Nui. These masks would be shaped in the faces of animals, and, when used, would turn the character into the animal that was on the mask. The wearer would gain the abilites of the animal, and the powers (if there are any). For example, a Po-toa would become a Kane-Ra, who moves faster and has more agility than the average toa. Each koro follows:

• For Ta-Wahi, a lava ape
  • For Le-Wahi, a brakas monkey
  • For Ko-Wahi, a muaka
  • For Onu-Wahi, a large scorpion
  • For Ga-Wahi, a Tarkava
  • For Po-Wahi, the Kane-Ra
  • Finally, for Kini-Nui, the Kahu bird

Each mask allows the toa to use all advantages of an animal, including communication, but the toa cannot use their elemental powers while acting as the animal. End descriptionThis is an excerpt from a PM I recently sent Nuju reguarding a new species. If there is any way I can improve it, please tell me.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I think the difference here is that the toa can become their rahi - changing size, physiology and everything. A mahiki can only turn you into a miniature, toa-sized muaka or a very large, toa-sized brakas.Also, would it make more sense for Le-wahi to have the Kahu? The Le-matoran love to wind-fly, so the spirit of their wahi should be a flying rahi. Maybe Kini-Nui could be the brakas or a manas?

ppg2.png

They wouldn't be as powerful as those three masks because it only takes limited parts from them. For the mahiki, they couldn't cast illusions and oulc only shapeshift into one thing. For the faxon, they would only get one rahi's ability. Just looking at those on the list, I don't think there really are many copyable magic powers that go with those rahi. The Rau works though, but it could be awkward to transform everytime you wanted to use it.On the other hand, what if, instead of elemental power, they each got a faxon and knowledge of Mata Nui's rahi? That would underline their connection to rahi and make them more unique. Wouldn't it be cool to see a Kane-Ra start to glow like a lightfish or shoot webbing like a fikou?I haven't really thought that through yet, but it might be interesting.

ppg2.png

@:Bane: That's a nifty idea, although it will probably require some modification to get it approved.EDIT: Also, it would better if it was an individual power instead of a kanohi, then each user would either pick to trade in one of the powers for the other.

Edited by BenLuke-116

The real problem with Heuani at the moment is that the second he started flinging shadow bolts at us we couldn't really ignore him, and we can't kill him yet because he's a plot-related character. Our character's natural reactions are to counter-attack, but I do not know what constitutes "excellent roleplay" in order to fend him off. Overly complex plans will not work because the complexity leaves the characters open in the middle of it, and simple-to-slightly advanced moves can be easily countered it seems. I just know I'm not going to write a page-long post filled with adjectives just to try an attack, so I have relegated my character to hang back and act like the commander he's supposed to be.
So I hear Katuko and some other people are organising another treasure hunt?
My character and Fanixe's character is marching off into the desert to look for a Tarakava nest that may or may not be there. That's all. It's not meant to be some elaborate scheme with clues and a magnificent prize at the end. Just an adventure for the heck of it. It's about the journey, not the destination, as they say.
That treasure hunt in Po-Wahi.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

I wonder, are we allowed to have a character that is *just* a Parakuka? Not a character who's been latched by a Parakuka, but just the Parakuka itself.
That'd be pretty neat. Slithering around, playing as the parasite all the way through until it latches on to a host and takes over the personality, learning how to speak, etc.

You know what would be interesting?A Parakuka-latched character, with one player controlling the 'Kuka and the other the host. It would have to be two players that, historically, get along really well, though.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You know what would be interesting?A Parakuka-latched character, with one player controlling the 'Kuka and the other the host. It would have to be two players that, historically, get along really well, though.
You take the character, I'll take the Parakuka.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Heck yes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Heck yes.
Make a PM and we'll work on the profiles, okay?I'm gonna make an awesome latching post.Just have your character walking in a cave in Ko-Wahi or something.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now