Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

No. Optimus just returned, to find that everyone thinks he did it and, as I predicted in my conversation with Kal Grochi, everyone pointed their weapons at him.
Don't exactly need to be an augur to determine that do you? :PI'm honestly surprised portals of randomness and insanity aren't opening up all across Mata Nui. It's the only thing that hasn't happened. Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Oh. So a Transformers copy gets replaced by his mirror universe counterpart, who shaves off his goatee and declares war on the world, and then runs away, only to have the real guy return to be beat upon by various angry people?Makes perfect sense. :P
LOL. Not mirror universe counterpart. Just a clone made long ago. (It was in backstory, not in-game, so it was considered legal)Nemesis Prime has been around for ages. All my Transformer Expies are getting mixed up in staff plot and ILS and all that. The more they get in, the more they develop.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

ANd the more they make me and Snelly want to kill kittens.
I might have to join this particular bandwagon. Are tickets for sale?Expies are one thing, random attacks that serve no apparent purpose...well, kinda pointless. I'm hoping there's something I'm not seeing here.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

And the more they make me and Snelly want to kill kittens.
Why? Doesn't that make them less expy?Also, Basilisk, the attack was because Nemesis became a terrorist hobo after Megatron died and the Order of Phantoms became so incompetent due to that, that they caused a cave to cave-in and kill them all. Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Also, Basilisk, the attack was because Nemesis became a terrorist hobo after Megatron died and the Order of Phantoms became so incompetent due to that, that they caused a cave to cave-in and kill them all.
....I fail to see how this is related in anyway shape or form to the random attack.Bit like saying...."The Tiber River is overflowing, because of this, Carthage is burning to the ground."

Also, Basilisk, the attack was because Nemesis became a terrorist hobo after Megatron died and the Order of Phantoms became so incompetent due to that, that they caused a cave to cave-in and kill them all.
....I fail to see how this is related in anyway shape or form to the random attack.Bit like saying...."The Tiber River is overflowing, because of this, Carthage is burning to the ground."
He's a terrorist hobo because of those other things. That's explanation enough, right?He travels around causing destruction. As the ILS is the organization most "good", he seeks to blow it up just to make a scene. He's got a huge ego and a superiority complex. If he could destroy the ILS, the big freedom force on the island would be gone, and he'd proceed to try to make a deity out of himself.All folly, of course.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

He's a terrorist hobo because of those other things. That's explanation enough, right?He travels around causing destruction. As the ILS is the organization most "good", he seeks to blow it up just to make a scene. He's got a huge ego and a superiority complex. If he could destroy the ILS, the big freedom force on the island would be gone, and he'd proceed to try to make a deity out of himself.All folly, of course.
Not really. Not if you want three dimensional characters who are interesting to read about. "He's evil because he's evil." Doesn't really cut it. Traveling around causing destruction...but he wants to be seen as a god? If he destroys everything who does he have to rule over beyond a few dumb Rahi? If he wants to be seen as a god, why not order the ILS to worship him before attacking? His ego, as you mentioned, would surely demand such a thing.

Basilisk, you're using the same arguments I did in a fight.
Insert obligatory "great minds think alike" phrase here. :PI've got no issue's with attacks and arrogance....provided there's a reason for it. An IC reason that makes sense.

Not really. Not if you want three dimensional characters who are interesting to read about. "He's evil because he's evil." Doesn't really cut it.Traveling around causing destruction...but he wants to be seen as a god? If he destroys everything who does he have to rule over beyond a few dumb Rahi? If he wants to be seen as a god, why not order the ILS to worship him before attacking? His ego, as you mentioned, would surely demand such a thing.
Basilisk. Judging a player by the behavior of their chars is pure folly. He is not SUPPOSED to be smart. Get. It. Through. Your. Head. He's effective in battle and that's it. He has none of Megatron's charisma, none of the real Optimus's sound judgement, and yet all of Optimus's power. He's a FAILURE. But he's FUN SOMETIMES. @Hubert I did. One is being ignored, and the other is awaiting a reply from Kal Grochi in Ta. :P

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Enough hate on the expies, guys. I get it: you don't like expies. Neither do I. But I have heard enough of your opinions on the subject. I have scrolled through so many posts hating on expies that it's not even close to being funny. If you've posted it once, you don't need to post it again. If you've posted it twice, you definitely don't need to post it again.If you have a problem with a character, talk to the player. If you have a problem with a character acting illegally, talk to the player, then talk to Nuju. Do not post it in GD. Hating on peoples' characters creates drama and bitterness and grudges, which we don't need.A word to the wise for people playing expies: nobody likes them. This is because they are unoriginal and inherently un-BIONICLE.A word to the wise for people posting hate on expies: you look dumb when you do it. Stop.

EDIT: Seeing the post above, I admit this would be a conversation better served if it was moved to PM.Apologies for any disturbance I caused.

Edited by Basilisk

Good, so we agree, end of debate about Nemesis, have a nice day. I used the word twice. I'm pretty sure that's excusable. Now I say we stop before this turns into a flame war, and get on with the RPing. Expy or not, it's pretty fun framing Optimus and fending off evil, right? Just enjoy the game.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I might suggest giving your characters a reason to do the things they do.Utu had an overwhelming desire to be special. And he was going to do absolutely anything to prove he was special. And on top of that, he was treated very poorly in his upbringing, in a group of people who thought he was very insignificant.Once he got his Mark he was going to prove how significant he really was, and he was going to do that by killing every last one of them.I'm not saying you should change your current characters motives, but just for future reference. At least, that's my two cents. I dunno, this is only my second season playing in the RPG. :PAnyways, I'm going to be starting something with my Marching Band tomorrow known as Karz Week. I'll be posting about as much as I would if school was in session, but I'll still be around.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

I might suggest giving your characters a reason to do the things they do.Utu had an overwhelming desire to be special. And he was going to do absolutely anything to prove he was special. And on top of that, he was treated very poorly in his upbringing, in a group of people who thought he was very insignificant.Once he got his Mark he was going to prove how significant he really was, and he was going to do that by killing every last one of them.I'm not saying you should change your current characters motives, but just for future reference. At least, that's my two cents. I dunno, this is only my second season playing in the RPG. :PAnyways, I'm going to be starting something with my Marching Band tomorrow known as Karz Week. I'll be posting about as much as I would if school was in session, but I'll still be around.
He does have a reason. By toppling the largest freedom-oriented organization in Mata Nui, he has an edge. Plus he gets to frame Optimus to beat him, which would, in his mind, make him the superior one. It's just that I don't flesh out his thoughts much, especially when he's in his Optimus paint job.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I haven't even finished reading the page where the fight starts, but may I interject that if you start a fight in the middle of a whole bunch of people, you let all those people respond. You say you shot at everyone, TNG. That takes more than two seconds.Optimus was fighting Ketrhye, Kal and Zyke through rapid-fire posts. A more accurate view of the battle would be that at the very least three or four other members would have whipped out elemental powers before Kal the headlock was even resolved as well.Anyways, back on track...

Edited by Katuko

Nemesis should have been dead before he even got to leave the area (how did he do that, anyways?) is what I'm saying, at least. Whether Optimus lives or dies I honestly don't care about. I'm just annoyed by having my character stand maybe 5 meters away from a village-burning, gun-toting lunatic and not being able to do **** about it because the fight is over before I get to log on again.

Well, that's TNG for ya. (No offence)I still say we kill Optimus, though. SOMEONE ought to die.
That's not TNG for ya. That's fights with lots of players for ya in general-there are bound to be missed opportunities and parts of combat wherein someone should be dead but isn't. It's quite typical for people to get screwed over by time zones and/or other priorities.Heck, look at the Infernavika V. the Fowadi. Hubert himself can testify to how Naona and Lasinia could do nothing to help even though they were both awake and on their respective ships because he was asleep the whole time. It's a fairly common occurence, is all.On another note: I've heard differing reports of how much the fire has spread. Mef and Belthnor seem to think it's consumed a decent swath of jungle, whereas others imply that what started in Pala-Koro stayed in Pala-Koro. Has the blaze continued to burn through Le-Wahi? Or did it just all go out somehow thanks to Ril and Optimus (doubtful by mef's view as it would already have expanded far enough into the jungle that a bit remained).

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.