Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Katuko you would have made all my days if you did that.It's just frustrating cause this Deus Ex Machina stuff feels like meta-gaming.We need a certain mask, I'll just make a character and then toss him/her aside. (If that characters become a full fledged character that you play just as much as your others then good, but I'm still on edge about this.We don't know what it is, person from halfway across the island comes just to tell us what it is.It might seem like I'm singling people out, but what I'm singling out is instances that really break the game for me (and others). The group should have trouble, they should have to scour the island for the Toa they need for this. It shouldn't be this easy.He shouldn't just show up on their doorstep out of the blue. It's cheap, there's no other way to say it.@Krayzikk: That's sucks, I'm assuming one of them is EmperorWhenua. Who's the other?

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Onarax.If we want to reboot it, we'll need to gain some new characters. A lot of teachers were either fired IG, or went inactive. I'd be wiling to make a character for the cause if need be.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Katuko you would have made all my days if you did that.It's just frustrating cause this Deus Ex Machina stuff feels like meta-gaming.We need a certain mask, I'll just make a character and then toss him/her aside. (If that characters become a full fledged character that you play just as much as your others then good, but I'm still on edge about this.We don't know what it is, person from halfway across the island comes just to tell us what it is.It might seem like I'm singling people out, but what I'm singling out is instances that really break the game for me (and others). The group should have trouble, they should have to scour the island for the Toa they need for this. It shouldn't be this easy.He shouldn't just show up on their doorstep out of the blue. It's cheap, there's no other way to say it.@Krayzikk: That's sucks, I'm assuming one of them is EmperorWhenua. Who's the other?
Toa Onarax. He controls the guy who is technically in charge of the School.@Krayzikk: Actually, only one teacher was fired. The rest just are Parakuka hunting/are inactive ;PNot helping with a reboot. The only chars I would want in there are out. And it's going to stay that way. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I totally agree...making a character just for their mask sounds extremely lame and kills the whole challenge. Why don't you guys just try to make do with what you got, improvise?Show some creativity! Making characters with just the right masks appear like you own a Toa-making factory somewhere is not creative. -_-

Dunno what you're talking about, Smells. I replied hours ago,
Liar. :P Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I'm sorry, but making a new character specifically to gain a power in your group to advance the plot is just bad RPing. At the very least, put him on the other end of the island and spend a week (as in, a RL week) looking for him. Have him be hesitant to join or something to keep the challenge challenging!Even if you've wanted to make said character for a while, do you have to start him off right on their doorstep right when they need him?

Edited by Cadias

If Nuju comes, I'm pointing out that it was Wotz's idea.But, I'm trying a lot of new things here. New mask, new group, hero character who doesn't have evil split-personalities or emotional and/or mental issues...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

If Nuju comes, I'm pointing out that it was Wotz's idea.But, I'm trying a lot of new things here. New mask, new group, hero character who doesn't have evil split-personalities or emotional and/or mental issues...
And you're gonna try to make this mentally stable character interesting? Well, that's quite a challenge I must say. I have a hard time keeping Skyra mentally stable, and it's getting more difficult...Anyway, I must go to work, behave or else. :P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Welp, seeing as Nuju has threatened me with banishment if this Topic gets anymore off topic, I'm keeping you people in line now, with Snells.So...I find myself needing recaps more and more often. Has anything important happened for the hour or so I was gone?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@Katuko: I'm way ahead of y'all, just joined the ILS with a character who wears a Mask of Psychometry. cool.png
Or perhaps Madrihk is finally tired of dancing the good-guy dance and proceeds to strangle him right there and then. Should probably have done that back with the Parakuka-clues as well.Kidding, of course, but the thought did cross my mind when we were all "Oh noes what is this?" and the Vortixx went "Oh hai it's Parakuka, guys!" and we went "It's what now?" and he was all *MASSIVE EXPOSITION*.
I would have died from laughter if you did that :lol:I could totally see everyone completely stunned and so confused. Someone would insert "What this is, I don't even." Edited by Mr. Wade

I could totally see everyone completely stunned and so confused. Someone would insert "What this is, I don't even."
For some reason I can see y'all being quite chill about it, even, having your Lawful Good characters help bury the body. Why don't they react? Oh, "because he was obviously a crime against nature". XDAnd that would start us down the path of a classic D&D party, who have no qualms about murdering sufficiently annoying people no matter their alignment. :lol: Edited by Katuko

Right so, is using a Nui-Rama as a pet legal? As according to Biosector01, the Gukko force made use of them.
And I quote from the first page of this very topic:
Q: Can I have a mount/ride? If so, what kind?A: Yes, your character is allowed to have a pet/mount. However, this companion Rahi of yours must be reasonable – no taming Nui-Rama or other powerful/evil Rahi is allowed unless you have both a very good reason and staff permission. If you have to ask yourself, “Is this Rahi too powerful?” then odds are that it is. Take the safe route and go for something smaller. Beasties like Ussals, Gukkos, etc., animals that we already know have been tamed by Matoran on Mata Nui, however, are perfectly okay. And no, other characters can’t kill or maim your mount without your permission – owned animals are like PC’s in combat.
If Nui-rama are given as the example of rahi you can'y have, I would say you can't have one. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Right so, is using a Nui-Rama as a pet legal? As according to Biosector01, the Gukko force made use of them.
Q: Can I have a mount/ride? If so, what kind?A: Yes, your character is allowed to have a pet/mount. However, this companion Rahi of yours must be reasonable – no taming Nui-Rama or other powerful/evil Rahi is allowed unless you have both a very good reason and staff permission. If you have to ask yourself, “Is this Rahi too powerful?” then odds are that it is. Take the safe route and go for something smaller. Beasties like Ussals, Gukkos, etc., animals that we already know have been tamed by Matoran on Mata Nui, however, are perfectly okay. And no, other characters can’t kill or maim your mount without your permission – owned animals are like PC’s in combat.
If Nui-rama are given as the example of rahi you can'y have, I would say you can't have one.
That's actually a funny story... I went the rounds with Nuju on this... I lost. :P

I can't imagine having a Nui-Rama as a mount would be fun, Makuta-controlled or no. Too temperamental.Gukko would be much better.However, I would much like to have a Kikanalo as a mount.I wonder if Nuju plans on posting in here right now.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

If Nui-rama are given as the example of rahi you can'y have, I would say you can't have one.
Well, technically Gravity can have one, he just has to fulfill the needed requirements. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

You never argue/debate with a moderator/admin unless you know you are absolutely right.
Indeed.To stay on topic, I made some members for Vorasku's Orginization. It's joinable if anyone is interested. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

As long as you argue respectfully, I'm fine with it.
Nuju get back on your vacation! You said you wanted to relax, we can handle everything till you return. We will inform you of any rule breakers.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Good to know that my arguing habits are right, though I have yet to get in an actual argument with you, Nuju. I think it would actually be fun.Despite that, today seems to be a pretty slow day.Somebody want to start up a dueling organization within the RPG?EDIT: Zacax, he said he was leaving tomorrow. Unless today is tomorrow, and my brain is fried. But still, I doubt commanding him like that is a good idea. :P

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Nuju get back on your vacation! You said you wanted to relax, we can handle everything till you return. We will inform you of any rule breakers.
I leave after today. This is my last chance to chastise you guys - I don't wanna miss it. :P

test2.png

I leave after today. This is my last chance to chastise you guys - I don't wanna miss it. :P
Well guys have fun being smited, I'm gonna sty clear of the king nuju

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis