Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I always prefer to err on the side of caution, but you have greater experience in this matter.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I always prefer to err on the side of caution, but you have greater experience in this matter.
Experience does not necessarily equal wisdom. :PFrom what I've read, we've not yet reached the point of worry. Caution is wise, and advisable, but I do not think we need fear yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

He set half the place on fire, on average. (By people's interpretation of "he shot fire at everyone and wooden areas of the Koro")That's why. And Basilisk, if you read my post, I doubt that matters. Plus it brought out some real character. Honesty in Death, as someone's sig once said. Now I understand it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I reiterate,no one tortures a prisoner without any sort of reason to do so, apart from serial killers, maybe. Your characters have no stated, either external or internal, reason to decide to do it, at all. That's not moral ambiguity, that's stupidity! And worse, shoddy writing. Making character "grim 'n gritty" doesn't make up for bad characterization. Really, I'd be annoyed mode if a (non-completely-psychopathic,) villain decided to start torturing people for no reason other then "Way not?", and your Autobots Aukati are supposed to be(Anti-) Heroes. Wikipedia defines an antihero as "a protagonist whose character is contrary to that of the archetypal hero, yet typically retains many heroic qualities" and I'm not sure your characters really fit into this definition, as the only heroic thing I can remembered any of them doing besides besides end that meaningless conflict between then and the Xanthium, and helping the hive attack. :shruggs: *Takes a deep breath, calms down, and tries to take the whole thing a gorran bit less seriously.*

I know. Post was edited accordingly when I realized that. So I reiterate.Was it sexual content?
Yes, but I don't think we should talk about that. :fear:Also, TNG, if your characters were on Mata-Nui, it hasn't existed for thousands of years AFAIK, and if you weren't on Mata-Nui, they would have no memory of anything which took place.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

And yeah his story was before the Great Cataclysm. He recovered partially from amnesia. A few dozen snippets of memories. Just of war. He can't use any of that knowledge. No details of the outside, no paths, no idea how to get to locations. He doesn't have any idea he's out of the MU, or what the MU is. He believes if he sailed, he might happen upon Keretao.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And yeah his story was before the Great Cataclysm. He recovered partially from amnesia. A few dozen snippets of memories. Just of war. He can't use any of that knowledge. No details of the outside, no paths, no idea how to get to locations. He doesn't have any idea he's out of the MU, or what the MU is. He believes if he sailed, he might happen upon Keretao.
We're not supposed to even have snippets.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

If it's been stated numerous times by staff, why does this seen like new information? :???:
I suppose you may not have noticed on the previous occasions. I can quote it, though...EDIT: I can't find the quote, but it was said. I'm sure of that. Edited by Using Less Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

...Aaron has done so much worse than that this year alone. Need I remind everyone of his escapade with Grokk last year?Whatever, man.-Teezy
I'm totally with you on this. This treatment is wholly absurd.Just fyi: Am on a small hiatus. May not IC for one or two days.Next time this happens, I might take a few drastic measures to ensure it's not repeated. Drastic measures like 'killing every one of my chars save Sulov'. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I reiterate,no one tortures a prisoner without any sort of reason to do so, apart from serial killers, maybe. Your characters have no stated, either external or internal, reason to decide to do it, at all. That's not moral ambiguity, that's stupidity! And worse, shoddy writing. Making character "grim 'n gritty" doesn't make up for bad characterization.
I agree. I did not expect the scene to take this turn in my absence. As stated, Madrihk (Evil as he is) is not big on torture when it comes to pre-murder, just efficiency. So anyways, TNG has given us permission, so we can just kill him now. Enough mindless torture, enough TF-based backstory. Kill him and incinerate the remains. :)

...Aaron has done so much worse than that this year alone. Need I remind everyone of his escapade with Grokk last year?Whatever, man.-Teezy
I'm totally with you on this. This treatment is wholly absurd.Just fyi: Am on a small hiatus. May not IC for one or two days.Next time this happens, I might take a few drastic measures to ensure it's not repeated. Drastic measures like 'killing every one of my chars save Sulov'.
You know what? Booyah.I'm gone, too.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm totally with you on this. This treatment is wholly absurd.Just fyi: Am on a small hiatus. May not IC for one or two days.Next time this happens, I might take a few drastic measures to ensure it's not repeated. Drastic measures like 'killing every one of my chars save Sulov'.
Don't leave.Trust me, more ridiculous things have happened.B6 intervened when a character was wearing nothing but a towel, once. I have nothing against B6, he was completely correct, your posts were unsuitable for a younger audience, but I don't think you need to leave. :(

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Don't leave.Trust me, more ridiculous things have happened.B6 intervened when a character was wearing nothing but a towel, once. I have nothing against B6, he was completely correct, your posts were unsuitable for a younger audience, but I don't think you need to leave. :(
Relax, I think they mean they're busy and can't post for a few days, not leaving the game completely.As for admin intervention: Six once came into another RPG because our characters were singing IC, which OOC meant we were just quoting lyrics from known songs. So I can understand the intervention here.So, now that we've all had a short reminder of where the lines are drawn, let's get back to the normal order of business and play the game. Nothing holds up things more than discussions like this if they're going on too long.That just leads to more interventions and one should be enough.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Sorry guys. I got kidnapped by Zakus who made me part of the Axis asteroid which Char Aznable tried to drop on Earth, except he failed and the Londo Bell managed to cut it in half, with the front part falling towards Earth only to be stopped by the combined might of Assorted Mooks and Amuro 'The White Devil' Ray.I was in the back part. So it took some time getting back to Earth.But anyway, pretty slow today eh?

Actually, this might be a good time to announce the formalization of my hiatus.I don't like the concept of Perkahn and the rest of the crew of the Infernavika being somewhere in Pala-Koro right now. Wake me when it's over.-Dovydas