Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

... Vorex, why are you attacking Jest in Ko-Koro? Your character has absolutely no reason to try and kill him. As far as I could tell, Jest was sitting there, said "What do you want?" and then you're trying to gut him.
Because random attacks are fun! Don't want your character arc derailed? Made the mistake of thinking any place is safe and long lasting? Nope! Not here!*Sigh* Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

It is the home of a Matoran who was was very important to his main enemy.And my character wants to show that he is going to attempt to destroy the entire island. And has the power to destroy one Koro with only three partners.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

How much exactly of the village are you taking down?Also, just as a reminder: If the people on the lawful good side step in a mess up your attack, please remember that just because a planwas approved that it can't be foiled by other characters.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it's usually a good idea for posting the reason of an attack, even if it's just because he's crazy. For one, it makes for more interesting reading for others, and it looks less random and unprovoked, which is always good. Just something to keep in mind.

How much exactly of the village are you taking down?Also, just as a reminder: If the people on the lawful good side step in a mess up your attack, please remember that just because a planwas approved that it can't be foiled by other characters.
Well, the avalanche was started by accident. And it's kinda hard to stop. :P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

A good chunk. It's not irreparable mind you, and the Wall of Prophesies is staying untouched, but it is gonna leave a large mark on Ko-Koro.Yep. I'm not gonna whine if my plan is stopped because 'It was a good plan until people noticed an explosion and did the logical thing and attacked the people who caused it.'

Y'know, I love how the rules say you can't just waltz in and blow stuff up. That there are guards and other competent sorts guarding things.....Where are those NPC guards again? Those NPC's that are explicitly stated to be a challenge? Did they get lost?See. Says it right here.

Common Sense dictates that:- Fortresses and/or Lairs are tough nuts to crackYour home is your castle, or so the saying goes. Not here! Welcome to the Bzprpg, where the word “Fortress” actually means “sitting duck”. In this game forts, Koro, lairs, even hidden and sealed compartments are a big open houses, to which any Joe Shmo has free access and reign, without the hindrances of having to deal with location, defenders, or other defensive mechanisms. Did I also mention that there is also always a map prominently placed so that the infiltrators know the location of every important circuit in the place?Ah… no.When was the last time you saw even an attempt at Fort Knox? Believe me, in this game there are places even sealed up tighter than that. People cannot simply walk into a secure location without a very good explanation, and unfortunately, that is a rarity. Seriously, it is. Usually a place like that has more tricks and traps than a professional magician, and that is not counting the NPC defenders (see above).Even “open” locations are not easy targets; in fact, it can be argued its actually more difficult in some respects. Case in point: which would be more difficult to sneak a weapon into? A warehouse complex that is locked, with one or two night guards, or an open building with only one or two entrances, with several alert security guards and a metal detector on the other side?
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Y'know, I love how the rules say you can't just waltz in and blow stuff up. That there are guards and other competent sorts guarding things.....Where are those NPC guards again? Those NPC's that are explicitly stated to be a challenge? Did they get lost?
Nope. They're gonna show up. Very soon.

A good chunk. It's not irreparable mind you, and the Wall of Prophesies is staying untouched, but it is gonna leave a large mark on Ko-Koro.Yep. I'm not gonna whine if my plan is stopped because 'It was a good plan until people noticed an explosion and did the logical thing and attacked the people who caused it.'
That stung a bit.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

You'd think they'd have shown up when an insane terrorist started blowing things up.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy =PWish the descriptions of what was blowing up were a bit more presice. Especially the Matoran NPC killing going on seems a bit like picking flowers. I am kinda with basilisk, but I trust if Nuju gave you rules this isn't just for the lulz of blowing up a location. It would seriously make me feel cheated for having to work a month to blow up one part of just the great mine.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy =PWish the descriptions of what was blowing up were a bit more presice. Especially the Matoran NPC killing going on seems a bit like picking flowers. I am kinda with basilisk, but I trust if Nuju gave you rules this isn't just for the lulz of blowing up a location. It would seriously make me feel cheated for having to work a month to blow up one part of just the great mine.
Competent NPC's who act with intelligence and don't sit around waiting to be killed or do the logical thing and hide in a basement somewhere or behind barricades? What are those? Edited by Basilisk

You'd think they'd have shown up when an insane terrorist started blowing things up.
I'd think they'd be getting civilians to safety first, letting PCs take on the terrorists at first.Then they'd deal with Rannin and Bruntoa's Avalanche most likely...

Technically, I killed a few of the NPCs who weren't really expecting it, as they came out of the Stadium, and I did state somewhere that Yolof had recieved some wounds from it, so...meh. *shrugs*Now I'm in a one on one fight with Esao and looking forward to it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'd think they'd be getting civilians to safety first, letting PCs take on the terrorists at first.Then they'd deal with Rannin and Bruntoa's Avalanche most likely...
Probably would have been guarding the easily fortified gate. Or have patrols about for this very thing. These villages are built to withstand Rahi attacks, they not exactly "waltz in and blow things up" places. If this were anywhere close to reality, your characters would have a few new holes to breath through by now.

Probably would have been guarding the easily fortified gate. Or have patrols about for this very thing. These villages are built to withstand Rahi attacks, they not exactly "waltz in and blow things up" places. If this were anywhere close to reality, your characters would have a few new holes to breath through by now.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Because this isn't reality. And while attacks like this can be a little annoying, it's important to keep that fact in mind. Not worth getting worked up about.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Because this isn't reality. And while attacks like this can be a little annoying, it's important to keep that fact in mind. Not worth getting worked up about.
I said close to reality. Note that please.He's pretty much broken or twisted every rule regarding NPC's. Sorry if I'm a bit miffed about the fact he seems to be getting away with that.

Ok, little tip for killing NPCs:Be descriptive. Seriously. Describe what you are doing when killing the poor little dudes and describe it with enough detail that other players and staff can keep good count of how many NPCs you've done in. In this case:"I ran around the village, slaughtering Matoran left and right while sustaining minor injuries"In my opinion, that's not detailed enough, Kal. But I am writing this for everybody, so that's not aimed at you alone. But it does sound like the character took out a dozen bystanders who weren't running or else trying to defend themselves.So, instead, I recommend writing things like this: "I ran through the village, looking for targets of opportunity, either too deistracted or scared to notice me. Rounding a corner, I found two Matoran standing before one of the buildings that had just been demolished, their backs turned to me as they tried to make sense of the situation. With their attention focused on the house, I used my blade to slit the throat of the first..." and so on and so forth.It tells everybody that you took them by surprise and that there were two of them.Right now, I can't tell if you blew up every house in the area and slaughtered 50 Matoran or if you came across a handful who were killed while the majority of the village escapes.

OOC: In case anybody argues, I was given permission for this. Unless it was a joke, in which case, I hate you people on Skype. :PIC-Yolof:Yolof took the kick/push to the knee, going down on one leg and rolling aside in the process, the Khukuri scoring a scratch against his pauldron. He came up, looking at Esao. Out of the corner of his eye, however, he noticed another Toa. Female. He smirked, gesturing over towards her. He noticed Esao's well disguised look of recognition, barely, and ran at her.The Female, Flyssa, was caught off guard as she turned, seeing a large Skakdi rumbling for her. She moved to back up, but nearly tripped on a piece of fallen rubble as Esao stopped running to intercept the Skakdi, probably thinking of a way to use his element to his advantage.Too late, though. Yolof swung a hard, overhand blow, straight for the crook between Flyssa's neck and shoulder. She instinctively moved to dodge out of the way, preparing to pull out a weapon, possibly. That was a mistake. The ducking and dodging she had begun subtly altered where Yolof's strike hit, the heavy blade cleaving through the Toa's thin neck as though it were water. The head fell to the ground, rolling to the side as Esao looked on in shock and rage, the body landing heavily, limp and lifeless.Yolof stepped forwards, holding his greatsword with one hand as he reached down with the other, picking up the female's severed head and mask. He looked into the eyes, forever frozen into an expression of shock as with the rest of her face.He turned to Esao, no longer grinning, his berserk rage beginning to come over him in full with this senseless killing. He rolled the head like a bowling ball, as it stopped once it reached Esao's feet, a last bit of congealing blood seeping out to start a small pool of it's own at the Toa of Fire, as Yolof again raised his sword."Your turn," he growled.
Does that work, Veef?

profiles i guess

Hey, Tyler, I know there's a massive battle keeping you busy, but...POST AS CAIGE. (I'm just gonna keep doing this until it gets to the point where your replies are automatic. I'm sorry for pestering you, but I hate it when my characters become inactive, especially new ones. :( )

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Alright, I have to chime in a bit here. Not, I'm not on either side of this.You're right, NPC guards are all over the place, and would normally have caught something like this. Except this attack occurred only two or three hours at most following an avalanche that caused major destruction to the village. That particular attack was caused by VF, and he did a darn good job of it.So we already have that. Lots of Guards are trying to help find survivors, find what started it and that sort of thing. Then, a chain reaction of explosions start in one spot no one expected. These are quickly followed by another two avalanches, significantly smaller than the first, but they are a factor. The already stretched thing Guard has to contend with all of this, and the ones that do enter the fight have no idea who is right and who is wrong.It's not quite as unrealistic when you consider all of the factors.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

....So whats stopping them reacting as real guards would? Knocking everyone out and sorting it out later. Not to mention anyone who's...you know SANE would realize that a disaster would make them more vulnerable to an attack and react accordingly.....Am I the only one interested in character-driven stories and not killing everyone for the lulz? Sometimes it seems like I am.

....So whats stopping them reacting as real guards would? Knocking everyone out and sorting it out later. Not to mention anyone who's...you know SANE would realize that a disaster would make them more vulnerable to an attack and react accordingly.....Am I the only one interested in character-driven stories and not killing everyone for the lulz? Sometimes it seems like I am.
I am!But nobody responds when I try to.So I resort to killing things to make people join in my plots.

profiles i guess