Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

*Realizes IRL that the Turaga aren't being taken care of**Characters suddenly remember the Turaga aren't being taken care of*I shouldn't say it's totally meta, but it's pretty close to being such.Sidenote:I posted in Le was Pae, Constructman.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

*Realizes IRL that the Turaga aren't being taken care of**Characters suddenly remember the Turaga aren't being taken care of*I shouldn't say it's totally meta, but it's pretty close to being such.Sidenote:I posted in Le was Pae, Constructman.
I know. I'm trying to come up with an epic reply with "Scout" written all over it but I;m not as good a writer as Eyru or EW so it's taking a very long time

I know. I'm trying to come up with an epic reply with "Scout" written all over it but I;m not as good a writer as Eyru or EW so it's taking a very long time
How about an epic reply with Constructman written all over it?If you want to grow as a writer and an RPer, you're gonna have to start creating characters and writings posts all from your own head. It's fine to find some inspiration from other sources.E.g. Utu's power is derived from a power that's present on the show "Heroes".But when you intentionally try to make your character something that both doesn't exist in the Bionicle universe, and isn't original, it becomes boring. A shell of what it would be if it were original. This is supposed to be about making characters and stories that are interesting, and intriguing. Not about trying to make your character like another boring video-game character that nobody actually has any interest in here on a Bionicle forum for writing stories.Really, if you start making 100% original content, and focus on those characters to make them interesting, you'll have a lot more fun, and you'll be respected a lot more by everybody here; including people like Eyru and EW.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

How about an epic reply with Constructman written all over it?If you want to grow as a writer and an RPer, you're gonna have to start creating characters and writings posts all from your own head. It's fine to find some inspiration from other sources.E.g. Utu's power is derived from a power that's present on the show "Heroes".But when you intentionally try to make your character something that both doesn't exist in the Bionicle universe, and isn't original, it becomes boring. A shell of what it would be if it were original. This is supposed to be about making characters and stories that are interesting, and intriguing. Not about trying to make your character like another boring video-game character that nobody actually has any interest in here on a Bionicle forum for writing stories.Really, if you start making 100% original content, and focus on those characters to make them interesting, you'll have a lot more fun, and you'll be respected a lot more by everybody here; including people like Eyru and EW.
Wait....Then why do I get not much respect even though none of my characters are expies in any way, and they are really fragments of my personality?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

But sometimes, you try to write a good character, but you don't know where to begin. That's when you take one of the characters from other sources that you love the most, build a template on it, and expand on it.@Kaithas: Which toa team doesn't contribute anything to the main plot whatsoever and whose personal plot gets other "true" to a fed up?

If I thought I had a marginally good reason to get involved with the main plot I would. And for the record, I didn't know there was a main plot until after the Ga-Koro wrecking was over. Wait. There's my reason.And after the Skanohi thing is over the Maasi plot is flexible. If you wanna get involved, we will.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

But sometimes, you try to write a good character, but you don't know where to begin. That's when you take one of the characters from other sources that you love the most, build a template on it, and expand on it.
The only thing I have problems with when writing chars is to pick a name.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well then, time for Hubert's Character Making 101 class!It's actually rather simple to make your own character. You just need some basic personality traits, a basic backstory and maybe some slightly influence from other works. One should not use another character from an established work as a template, but take minor traits from them to help improve your character, which should have a completely original template.Of course, the character does not need to be too sophisticated at first. The personality and backstory can be pretty basic, because your character can change and grow throughout the RPG. Look at Grochi and his ridiculous amounts of characters. He makes a rather blank slate, and lets the experiences that they get from the RPing define them.That's only one option though, because you could be like me, and define every aspect of your character's being in the profile, and have some slow character development throughout your RPing journey.Now, the problem most people face when making characters is a lack of ideas. This is actually a rather simple thing to get around. Look at everything around you. Look at all your friends. Look at random pieces of fiction.Find a single trait you like the most and use it to start building up your template. Once you start making a character, everything else will come to you with ease. If it doesn't, add a TINY bit of traits from established characters. Don't go overboard, or it'll become too similar to an established character.For example, I added some traits of Nanoha Takamichi to Naona. The workaholic traits. They're still completely different characters: Naona is evil, Nanoha just befriends you with giant laser blasts.Making a backstory for your characters is much simpler, because it'll probably come to you as you make the personality. Think of what situations may have made your character the way it is now, and everything will fall in place like LEGO blocks.The only real hard bit is the name, but it can be easily fixed through the use of symbolism, Google and Shakespeare.TL:DR - Use a single trait to build your character off. Everything else will fall in place. Keep expy traits to a minimum.