Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

True, true, I think that camouflage part I read specified mass only. Or one of those parts in that big post.But yeah, even then, shapeshifting into a Gadunka...you'd have to have most of your body invisible, and the part that wasn't would be too small to be seen. That would still go against the rules, as I mentioned in the first post, about invisibility vs. illusion. xP

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

A tall, thick blade of grass, so that he isn't still mostly invisible?Although a walking blade of grass would be rather comical.

A blade of grass is still a huge mass change. If you want to be, I don't know, a small tree, that'd be fine, but people will clearly notice said insta-tree. There's no shapeshifting you can do here to escape being seen.
Hey, look, there's that mass thing again.And then, y'know, what I said. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Does anyone want Nuju as Heuani to jump in on the Pala-Koro fight, laugh at everyone, then fly away leaving despair doom and magical shadow powers, while saying "Is Echelon an undead controlling an undead? In which case, are his undead unundead?"
Not really. :P
:( Would've been an interesting twist.Also, in your banner... What we can assume is a submarine=looking glass thing. Does this mean a new species/technology/enemy is coming to Mata Nui? *Sudden Clarity*

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

yeppers. And ironically, they're one of the few GOOD toa teams on the island.
They don't strike me as that good, though.-Teezy
...As well as this.
This, to the max.Here is how to sum them up."We're good guys, we're good guys. Why are you getting mad at us we're the good guys SCREW AUTHORITY"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

yeppers. And ironically, they're one of the few GOOD toa teams on the island.
They don't strike me as that good, though.-Teezy
At least they try. And all the stuff they've done has been destructive but good otherwise. And you can imagine why they're ticked. Very chaotic good. Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

But the Maasi haven't done any good.Let's examine things, shall we.-They ganged up on a single character.-They saw a rampaging Mark Bearer, and immediately attacked without thought. In fact, they used more destructive attacks than the "villain". In the process, not only did they lose, they caused more death and destruction than the villains did. They also threw a corpse at the people who were, at the time, being the good guys.-They provided the springboard for a villainous team to launch themselves into prestige, and be trusted completely by an entire village.-They harassed a shopkeeper in Ko-Koro, earning the mistrust of a local hero.-They cause massive property damage in Onu-Koro, attract the attention of first one Ussalry member, then more, ignore warnings and disobey instructions, and then complain afterwards about the guard being aggressive. Then they insulted the one guard that had been relatively on their side, and get themselves arrested. And then they resisted arrest, and disobeyed more instructions.They aren't Chaotic Good. They're just Chaotic. Everything they have done has been one instance after another of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero".Or rather, Nice Job Breaking It, Wannabe Hero.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Okay, after reading three pages, let me say some stuff. :P I may not be an expert, but I feel like I have a bit of knowledge on some of these subjects.Turaga: I find the idea of an indestructible cage repelling to say the least. I do have plans for Draeverian to check in on the Turaga, mainly because that's just his character to do so. However, he first has to deposit a bound and unconscious Vortixx in the POW pile, wherever that may be...Auto-hitting and Kittens: Auto-hitting is banned in the RULES of this game unless player permission is acquired (ie Dorian vs. Heuani, or DJ vs. Zadron). For those who auto-hit WITHOUT PERMISSION, there needs to be a simple and effective repercussion: IGNORE THE AUTO-HIT. If it continues, I'd like to see some smiting. Less kittens, less GD flare ups, and more respectful players. It all works out. Names: I've never actually followed any set guidelines for name making. In fact, the only way I "make" names is by writing a long character profile and then falling asleep on my keyboard.Building Characters: Motivation is a great place to start characters. I also found powers or personalities are an excellent place to start. Unless you just have this random spur of creativity from staring at a computer bag and go "AHA! Blind toa of sound," you're gonna' need to take a moment or two to sit down and think about what you want to write.Mahiki usage and "axing" I personally would hate to see the Mahiki leave the list. It is a great mask when used appropriately. If it DOES leave the list, I would request it might be bestowed on players who have shown they can handle not abusing its abilities.

Yeah, this mask is definitely getting axed next year, it's more trouble than it's worth... Here are the standing guidelines regarding Mahiki usage.
Aww... that's sad. It's very useful to some characters, and you could just post more specific rules for the mahiki, like you did with the faxon. I'd hate to see it leave the list just because a few newer players don't completely use it properly. Like taking away candy from a class if one kid decides to shove it up his nose.EDIT: Oh, it appear you already made some official rules. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Turaga:I find the idea of an indestructible cage repelling to say the least.
I dunno who told you it was indestructible, but the Turaga are held in a regular small stone-and-iron hut. Whatever others may have roleplayed (I saw some ridiculous post about an antechamber and some butler that I chose to ignore completely) is wrong. It's your everyday average hut with some old geezers in it and maybe a guard outside.
Auto-hitting and Kittens
Agreed.
Mahiki usage and "axing" I personally would hate to see the Mahiki leave the list. It is a great mask when used appropriately. If it DOES leave the list, I would request it might be bestowed on players who have shown they can handle not abusing its abilities.
I'd say the same for a few other things; but considering that people generally don't change their mask, it'd require an in-game Turaga hand-out or something, and that may be more trouble than its worth. Plus, (sudden, special) power tends to go to one's head.

If you guys can demonstrate responsible Mahiki usage from here on out, I'll consider keeping it. But I'm frankly getting tired of having to explain the mask's boundaries over and over and not seeing them followed.
If the mahiki were banned, what would happen to existing characters who wear that mask? Would they be able to keep it while no new mahiki-users could be created, so the mask slowly phased out, or would they all be conveniently killed off to enforce a total ban? Or something else entirely?

ppg2.png

If you guys can demonstrate responsible Mahiki usage from here on out, I'll consider keeping it. But I'm frankly getting tired of having to explain the mask's boundaries over and over and not seeing them followed.
If the mahiki were banned, what would happen to existing characters who wear that mask? Would they be able to keep it while no new mahiki-users could be created, so the mask slowly phased out, or would they all be conveniently killed off to enforce a total ban? Or something else entirely?
Kill off those who prove they can't use it properly

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hmm... well this puts a damper on the skanohi plot. Any ideas?
What do you mean?
The maasi have been imprisoned. This brings the skanohi plot to a halt.
Oh. I thought this had to do with the mahiki conversation. Why were they imprisoned?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hmm... well this puts a damper on the skanohi plot. Any ideas?
What do you mean?
The maasi have been imprisoned. This brings the skanohi plot to a halt.
There's a quote I'm fond of."No plan ever survives contact with the game.":)

fK5oqYf.jpg