Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I think the harder thing is to come up with bionicle fitting names.
Here is a useful resource for coming up with BIONICLE-sounding names. You don't need to use a word that describes your character, or even a word from the dictionary at all, but reading through a few pages of Maori words will give you a feeling for which sounds are more fitting and which are not.

I think the harder thing is to come up with bionicle fitting names.
Here is a useful resource for coming up with BIONICLE-sounding names. You don't need to use a word that describes your character, or even a word from the dictionary at all, but reading through a few pages of Maori words will give you a feeling for which sounds are more fitting and which are not.
I adore this page, myself... I also highly recommend it.

test2.png

Hi guys, thought I'd stop by and be like the standard "I'm a new guy" spiel, yada yada.Glad I finally joined. A friend of mine kept telling me of how awesome this was, and I even went ahead and made a character and got started in the RPG. Should be fun!Nice to meet you all!

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hi guys, thought I'd stop by and be like the standard "I'm a new guy" spiel, yada yada.Glad I finally joined. A friend of mine kept telling me of how awesome this was, and I even went ahead and made a character and got started in the RPG. Should be fun!Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the RPG. Might send some stuff your way.

You don't like (in Infinity Blade terms) fury combos?
Nah, it's just that people pull off an ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA.You are already dead.
Oh, THAT. I just do 1 2 3 combos or at most 1 2 7 combos
The problem I have with combo attacks or simply multiple attacks in general is that it puts forth the assumption of at least one of the following:1) that the first attack connected, essentially making it an auto-hit2) that even if it didn't connect, the opponent would do nothing while you execute the next few attacks on him3) that your opponent is either stationary or you are bunnying his moves by choosing where he runs next to interceptYes, RP combat without stats or a direct GM intervention is tricky. No, that does not mean you shouldn't try your best to reel in and do it properly.
Am I the only one who has seen Fist of the North Star?
Yes and no. I know the reference, never saw the show. Reference Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Dragonball, Touhou, etc. all you like, though. I know those. ;)
Axilus is master at making Katuko punch cats.
Two attacks is very little.
It's still one attack too much, mind, if it's done the way I must assume it's done. Throwing an elemental attack with both hands at once is fine by me, for example, as is doing a block and then a counter-attack. Using an attack that consists of several consecutive blasts is also fine, so long as the effects of each aren't described.As said, it's tricky, but I think I draw the line where (for example) one would shoot a projectile, then jump away, fire again, and then charge in with melee. If that chain stopped at "jump away to fire again", I'd be fine with it. Same weapon, consecutive attack. Going for melee after two shots, however, forces us to think that the first shot has either hit already, or they missed. In either case, the opponent would react differently, and thus describing a melee attack happening might not even be correct anymore. Examples: Opponent takes flight after being shot at, opponent teleports, opponent forms a stone wall to block, opponent died from the first shot.Now, as said opponent, roleplay could be done by describing the melee attack missing because it came just as the dodge was performed. However, my belief is that such things should not really be done. In combat, each post should contain as few attacks as possible, since otherwise we just get a "big ball of violence" and not well-thought out combat.Addendum: I honestly don't care who made the character so long as it's not bad. :)

The only thing I have problems with when writing chars is to pick a name.
I just want to point out to everyone who has difficulty making Bionicle sounding names for this RPG, I can give you some names from my list of 50+ custom bionicle names. Just PM me if you want some names.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Guys, a thought: Can the Hau block things that are.....immaterial? (Magnetism, Gravity)
I think it can't. But it can block the effects of magnetism and gravity (Boulder with increaced gravity, Arrow propelled by magnetism, etc.) but gravity is always there to some extent, and you cannot expect a magnetic attack.EDIT:Confirmed:Proof from BS01:
It allows its user to protect themselves from any physical attack that they are aware of
Edit 2:Auron, TOV is getting active again. We'll get our mission in just a few more posts. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

As Greg once told me in a PM (it's in the archived topic somewhere, I've quoted the actual PM below), a Hau can block nigh-instant attacks such as light beams, lasers and bullet shots so long as the user is actively preparing the shield; but you could not block a melee attack from, say, a Huna user even if you knew they were gonna try that. There has to be some sort of visual cue towards the incoming attack, whether that be a weapon or light-emitting plasma beams.

1) The Hau can block almost any physical attack the user is aware of. But can it defend against a physical attack you can't see? Say Vakama turned invisible with his Huna and struck at Tahu. If Tahu knew Vakama would try to do that, could he block the attack just by anticipating it?2) In the same vein, can the Hau block "instant" attacks? Say, Takanuva's laser beams or more modernly: A bullet? neither of these would give the Hau wearer any time to react, but if the shield was already up...?3) Does the Hau shield rely on reflexes if it's not up, or does it automatically activate as soon as an attack becomes apparent as long as the user is aware?4) The shield repels even attacking beings, as seen when Onua pushes an infected Lewa away from himself with it. If the shield is up, can a person pass through it if they are calmly walking instead of violently attacking?5) If not, can a Toa using a Mask of Intangibility or a Rahkshi with Density Control do so?
1) No2) Yes, it could3) You have to activate the mask yourself, it doesn't come up automatically. But in combat, it is likely you would have it up more often than not.4) No.5) I wouldn't suggest that, as the energy of the mask might do nasty things to you
Edited by Katuko

:PI was betting that Sideways would be okay with Quoribay taking the lead for a bit in the conversation with Nahu

Edited by Bulik

Alright, to provide answer to another Le-Wahi debate I see: Constructman, I feel that JL is closer to being in the right here. You may say he didn't shapeshift, fine. But he's moving around, and the Mahiki doesn't work like a Huna as well as providing an illusion, it can't make you invisible like that, and then make the illusion where you are of something as small as a Gadunka.And so, shapeshifting. If you're going to use the Mahiki to shapeshift, you can't make yourself any smaller than anything close to your present mass-and a Gadunka, I am afraid to say, would be much, much, much less than your present mass...or more, if you're going for big-huge-mutated-Gadunka. I'll wait for Nuju to give a verdict if needed, but really, Skaaraa should actually respond to those attacks, not just going all "lululul I'm too tiny to be hit."As well, if you want to say "He didn't shapeshift," or something like that.

IC: SkaaraaSkaaraa was in a bind. He felt that the gravity change was going to rip him apart. However, he had a surprise in mind. He used his Mahiki to shapeshift into the form of a gadunka, hoping that that would startle Slate for long enough. Perhaps he would think that he teleported.
Right there. A Gadunka is too small to shapeshift into, following mass rules.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ah, but shapeshifting with a Mahiki doesn't change your mass or any physical properties. It's just an illusion placed over your body. You may notice that in bionicle canon it is only ever used to fool other beings, never to change their bodily attributes.But I don't think you can turn into a Gadunka- the Mahiki can't turn you invisible or near invisible. You could shape shift into a huge form, but you would really only be casting an illusion.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------