Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Off topic you are; on topic, shall I bring us.TNG, good job missing/ignoring/being-ninja'd by my Nokth post. xP
On that topic, I the only one still wondering exactly how a ship sailing out of harbor without its owners on it and a battle taking place on deck has thus far been unnoticed by NPCs? I would think that at least the owners and perhaps some mercenary help would be investigating that right now. I mean, it's not like they're stupid purely because they aren't player char-...Hero Creation Idea #1: Convert NPC former boat-, building-, etc.- owners into PCs and have them chase down whoever stole their rightful possessions. For great justice. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Off topic you are; on topic, shall I bring us.TNG, good job missing/ignoring/being-ninja'd by my Nokth post. xP
On that topic, I the only one still wondering exactly how a ship sailing out of harbor without its owners on it and a battle taking place on deck has thus far been unnoticed by NPCs? I would think that at least the owners and perhaps some mercenary help would be investigating that right now. I mean, it's not like they're stupid purely because they aren't player char-...Hero Creation Idea #1: Convert NPC former boat-, building-, etc.- owners into PCs and have them chase down whoever stole their rightful possessions. For great justice.
Maybe I could get my vortixx knight to do it.

On that topic, I the only one still wondering exactly how a ship sailing out of harbor without its owners on it and a battle taking place on deck has thus far been unnoticed by NPCs? I would think that at least the owners and perhaps some mercenary help would be investigating that right now. I mean, it's not like they're stupid purely because they aren't player char-
The shop owners and NPCs are likely too afraid to do anything about it, and there happens not to be mercenaries around. It might be reasonable for the marines to follow the pirates to Po-Wahi, I guess.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

On that topic, I the only one still wondering exactly how a ship sailing out of harbor without its owners on it and a battle taking place on deck has thus far been unnoticed by NPCs? I would think that at least the owners and perhaps some mercenary help would be investigating that right now. I mean, it's not like they're stupid purely because they aren't player char-...Hero Creation Idea #1: Convert NPC former boat-, building-, etc.- owners into PCs and have them chase down whoever stole their rightful possessions. For great justice.
One of them is Mars.The world burns.

On that topic, I the only one still wondering exactly how a ship sailing out of harbor without its owners on it and a battle taking place on deck has thus far been unnoticed by NPCs? I would think that at least the owners and perhaps some mercenary help would be investigating that right now. I mean, it's not like they're stupid purely because they aren't player char-
The shop owners and NPCs are likely too afraid to do anything about it, and there happens not to be mercenaries around. It might be reasonable for the marines to follow the pirates to Po-Wahi, I guess.
I have a mercenary right in Ga right now: SirisEDIT: what is the bionicle equivalent of a horse? Siris needs a mount Edited by Constructman

I'd agree with you on the first bit were it not that plenty of NPCs are foreign and thus on a pretty close level to PCs. It helps that the average NPC has managed to survive on Bionicle's equivalent of Australia for a while. Mercs, meanwhile, don't seem too short anywhere--I can list a good dozen or so off the top of my head.In response to the ship being a mile offshore: That wasn't cleared up, for one, so I posted as though it hadn't been moved at that far. It's also plausible that people can see a ship steadily disappearing into the horizon. There was plenty of time for people to realize that some major theft was going down and prepare to act on it.
One of them is Mars.The world burns.
Yes, it does. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

[Censored]...Katuko...THIS is why you should never make a deal with EW. My characters are bailing this dive-bombing situation....
As if someone wouldn't have blown the walls sooner or later anyways. The anti-EE field kept them standing for longer than they would have otherwise, quite simply. If it was not in place, it would have taken 2 posts, tops, before the wall was perforated.
Random topic change.What happened to the turaga?
Still in their containment hut. Nuju Metru is planning to bring them back into action soon, by the way.Also: Every time someone does multiple attacks on one character in one post, I punch a kitten. A lot of kittens have been punched this year. Edited by Katuko

I'd agree with you on the first bit were it not that plenty of NPCs are foreign and thus on a pretty close level to PCs. It helps that the average NPC has managed to survive on Bionicle's equivalent of Australia for a while. Mercs, meanwhile, don't seem too short anywhere--I can list a good dozen or so off the top of my head.
Actually, I always play all NPC villagers as boring matoran, (unless it's a military organization or the NPC has to be something else) and I play with the assumption that there are enough mercenaries and toa and skakdi about without making up some. There are enough warriors on the island without creating more. I don't think you have to try and fight crime whenever you see it to survive for thousands of years. It's not too crazy to imagine that the dock was currently filled with average civilians at the time of the fight, because otherwise the pirates wouldn't have escaped.

[Censored]...Katuko...THIS is why you should never make a deal with EW. My characters are bailing this dive-bombing situation....
As if someone wouldn't have blown the walls sooner or later anyways. The anti-EE field kept them standing for longer than they would have otherwise, quite simply. If it was not in place, it would have taken 2 posts, tops, before the wall was perforated.
Random topic change.What happened to the turaga?
Still in their containment hut. Nuju Metru is planning to bring them back into action soon, by the way.Also: Every time someone does multiple attacks on one character in one post, I punch a kitten. A lot of kittens have been punched this year.
You don't like (in Infinity Blade terms) fury combos?

Actually, I always play all NPC villagers as boring matoran, (unless it's a military organization or the NPC has to be something else) and I play with the assumption that there are enough mercenaries and toa and skakdi about without making up some. There are enough warriors on the island without creating more. I don't think you have to try and fight crime whenever you see it to survive for thousands of years. It's not too crazy to imagine that the dock was currently filled with average civilians at the time of the fight, because otherwise the pirates wouldn't have escaped.
But Ga-Koro isn't a sprawling metropolis on which average guys can conveniently fill entire sectors and news takes a while to get about town. If the pirates just hopped in and sped out of there, then perhaps no one would have done something. The fact is that they didn't. Their ship slowly floated away from the docks in a village in which someone on each dock can see the other. Essentially, warriors/owners somewhere in the village (regardless of location in comparison to the launching dock) would've caught the sight or heard people talking about it. Really, if theft is that prolonged and before everyone's eyes, then the escape starts to break any sort of suspension of disbelief. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

But Ga-Koro isn't a sprawling metropolis and news spreads quickly. If the pirates just hopped in and sped out of there, then perhaps no one would have done something. The fact is that they didn't. Their ship slowly floated away from the docks in a village in which someone on each dock can see the other. Essentially, warriors/owners somewhere in the village (regardless of location in comparison to the launching dock) would've caught the sight or heard people talking about it. Really, if theft is that prolonged and before everyone's eyes, then the escape starts to break any sort of suspension of disbelief.
But that's the deceiving part of fights in the BZPRPG. They are far shorter than they think you are. When it takes a paragraph of text to describe something that takes a second, you're idea of the fight's length is skewed. So the fight at the docks didn't actually take that long, I think.And the marines probably didn't want to interfere, because they were letting Wrath do his thing, and now they're trying to tend to Wrath while the Pirates slip away and while they send for the rest of the marines to chase the pirates to Po-Koro. At least, that's how it works in my head.EDIT: Although i now realize Ga-Koro is very small, and about half the village can probably see the docks....Um. Edited by Visaru

But that's the deceiving part of fights in the BZPRPG. They are far shorter than they think you are. When it takes a paragraph of text to describe something that takes a second, you're idea of the fight's length is skewed. So the fight at the docks didn't actually take that long, I think.And the marines probably didn't want to interfere, because they were letting Wrath do his thing, and now they're trying to tend to Wrath while the Pirates slip away and while they send for the rest of the marines to chase the pirates to Po-Koro. At least, that's how it works in my head.
Your point's great in general. Really, RPing fights are skewed by our narrative length, lul. But Wrath was berserking to the point that his Parakuka barely had any activation time left. Judging by that and the implied length of all that Calix-V.-Speed stuff, I'd assume the boat to be in full drift for a little over ten minutes. That's fairly long, yeah.I'unno. Maybe. Some of them were sick, I suppose, but I'd like to see some NPCs yet currently chasing the pirates for stealing that ship. I mean, it had cannon on an island where disks are the norm for projectiles. You'd think people would be invested in protecting that investment xP Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

I'd like to see some NPCs yet currently chasing the pirates for stealing that ship. I mean, it had cannon on an island where disks are the norm for projectiles. You'd think people would be invested in protecting that investment xP
Oh, yeah, definitely. I hope someone chases it. I was just trying to rationalize how the pirates were able to get away.

But sometimes, you try to write a good character, but you don't know where to begin. That's when you take one of the characters from other sources that you love the most, build a template on it, and expand on it.
Hey, if you're not sure where to start, ask us! Ask Nuju, ask Eyru, as me, ask anybody! There's people here who are more than willing to help you out.Here, let's start with something. Making a character, and making them interesting. The key to this is what makes them tick, why they do what they do.You've GOT to have a motive behind their mind. What about their past made them that way? Perhaps your character was a thief, and still steals because it's all they know, and simply, they don't know how to stop. If they're smart yet very reserved perhaps they gave their trust to somebody who stabbed them in the back. Anything. It doesn't really matter. It will make your character interesting.Motive, motive, motive. It's one of the most important things you can have in a character. Utu feels an overwhelming desire to be "special", and he's willing to do anything to prove it. "Some men just want to watch the world burn" is kinda interesting, but because it's the most popular choice in this RPG, it isn't very original. Avoid cliches, those aren't interesting.Let's say you're looking for some inspiration for a character, cause you're out of ideas. Avoid drawing directly to a single reference. Utu, wants to be special, Sylar from Heroes. Utu can turn fear into strength, Fort Knox from Heroes. Utu feels he is superior above everybody else, and never treats them as equals, Megatron. He believes he has a great destiny and is obsessed with the idea, John Locke from Lost.At least, just try to set yourself a character with a clear problem, and a motive for their actions. It will greatly improve your characters, RPing, and writing in general.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |