Project MNOG 3D

specsowl

I don't want to reveal TOO much. But, the inventory will be interesting. Sort of a combination of a simplified grid inventory and a quick select. 

The player also has a home base. This I will NOT reveal because, well, the nostalgia wouldn't quite hit you correctly. But trust me. Also yeah treasure chest in your hut. Check. Trophy shelf in your hut for masks. Check. Easy to return to. Check-ish. You WILL have to take a boat or a kewa, but that's not a huge deal. Just make sure you're prepared before you go into the Wahi!

• Upvote 4

Here's something I'm curious about... are the Ussal crabs just going to be used as another warp point, or can you use them on land? What I mean is, when traveling on foot, can you rent one of the crabs and bring them with you, going like, three or four times as fast as you normally would. That's something I've thought about for years, and I think it would be an ingenious use of the lil' guys that would give them a certain draw over the Kewa and boats. If it's about overpowering the player or something, maybe you could give them a stipulation.... like, maybe the crabs can't jump, or they can't go in the water. Or maybe, if you don't bring them with you to a(nother) village and into that villages' herding pen, if you abandon them in the wilderness for the lols, you get charged extra widgets the next time you want to rent another crab.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Ussals are mounts, yes. Pick the one you want in the pen and buy him. He will wait for you at the front of the village. They can't enter villages or water, but they can help climb mountains and the like. The system will work similarly to Skyrim's stables. 

Kewas and boats are warp points. Boats take you to wahi warp points and Kewas take you to the Kewa transits in the koro. 

Edit/Update: Hello MNOG 3D Fans! We have been featured in several lets plays and other videos and we'd like to say THANK YOU! Your support is MUCH appreciated! Perhaps...there is some incentive for doing this? Keep it up :)

Edited by specsowl
  • Upvote 3

I...cannot...describe...what...I...just...played...

This is oficially in my favourite games list. Although I will find it hard to get used to moving around the new Ga-koro, I love the new version. It is much more village-ish. Actually, everyone has a house in this version. In MNOG ta-koro the re were many homeless, apparently...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

• Upvote 4

Edit/Update: Hello MNOG 3D Fans! We have been featured in several lets plays and other videos and we'd like to say THANK YOU! Your support is MUCH appreciated! Perhaps...there is some incentive for doing this? Keep it up :)

I'll see what I can whip up...

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It's been a long time since I got to catch up with the Mata Nui Matoran. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Your team certainly seems to understand what made the original MNOG so charming. I really appreciate the attention to detail: All the lore seems spot-on, the village layout from MNOGII is still there, the matoran eyebrows shift when looking around, even the gears move with their bodies.

I did manage to use the spikes near the outer wall to escape into the sea. I had a nice run around the dunes. :)

I guess invisible walls will come later.

Great work so far, I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

• Upvote 2

Hi! I'm new on this forum and created an account to comment this project (but I'm planning to be more frequent user in the futer though..)

Firstly - I want to say that's a very nice job. I know it's only demo, simple, with bugs, it's not finished "product". So what? It's awesome! :D

Second - I would want to ask You some questions:
1- Have You ever considered to add "vnog classic masks" as "Special masks" (rewards from difficult quests..)
I mean VNOG regular Kanohi - http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:VNOG_Regular_Kanohi.png
and Vnog noble Kanohi - http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:VNOLG_Noble_Kanohi.png  (they are something between the mata and nuva masks..)
because I think that the vnog great kanohi (which are just nuva masks) - http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:VNOLG_Great_Kanohi.png  - will be allowed only for toa, am I right?

Also I have suggestion to add some "iterations" for some masks (like pakari - set version and the Takua MNOG version) - to give matorans more personality. You can also add "two coloured" kanohi (like the metru-matorans set had)

2. Will there be any signs or remainings of Bohroks? Or maybe Boxors? 

3. I know this is very futuristic question and You may change Your opinion one to hundred times but: do You ever plan to make Your final game open source and open for mods and continuity of Your work (f.e. making Metru Nui, Oko.. Okoto i think, Voy Nui, pre-MNOG 3d Mata Nui's etc..) or You want to make the game "forever Yours"? 

I also loved the Tohunga-Matoran models from Your first animation. They were so.. nostalgic? Cute? Small?  Maybe You should made some matorans on the island "pre-rebuilding" or consider making a sub-mod in the future when You play Tohungas :D.

Mmmmm.. that's everything for now, I think. Make this game as awesome as the first alpha was, and.. wow. It'll be amazing. Good luck.

Edited by Halliday
  • Upvote 2

1. We will have alternate masks, but nothing like VNOG styled masks, as they don't really fit the style of our game. As far as other masks, like variant, this has been answered before. Yes. 

2. Yes

3. Saying it's forever mine is kind of a weird thing. Its more like, make mods if you can, but I'm not giving you my scripts for free. I may make the models downloadable though. 

4(?) No Tohunga will be in the game. Sorry. But rebuilt aren't the ONLY Matoran in the game. There maybe 1 or 2 different ones. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Expect more interesting stuff in the future!

Edit: Welcome to BZP! And I, like everyone else, is excited for what Okoto has in store.

Edited by specsowl
  • Upvote 1

Played the pre-alpha today and I have to say you've done a great job! Well done!

One criticism I have is that I think the walking speed of your character should be a bit faster - I found it a bit too sluggish.

Again, amazing work, can't wait to see the finished game!

• Upvote 3

Played the pre-alpha today and I have to say you've done a great job! Well done!

One criticism I have is that I think the walking speed of your character should be a bit faster - I found it a bit too sluggish.

Again, amazing work, can't wait to see the finished game!

Instead of making the player walk faster, I think a sprint function would be better. That way you could enjoy the scenery a bit better and if you wanted to get somewhere quickly, you had the option to.

• Upvote 2

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

This looks amazing! Can't believe I haven't come across the project until now. I've played and replayed the original MNOG many times over the years and remember originally being stuck at the back gate of Ta-Koro waiting for the net update!!! Guess I won't have that problem this time as the gate is gone :P

I was going to ask a question that may have already been unintentionally answered but I will anyway. You mentioned a homebase which is kind of what I was interested in as a lot of games have this sort of concept now and I find it rather enjoyable. You also mentioned much earlier in the thread something about rewards for building. Will we be able to build our homebase? Maybe even chose from different locations or Wahis? That would be very cool, could even allow for different construction based on the location, seaweed in Ga, mud in Po, ice in Ko! 

Also, I know this won't be answered but I'm going to ask anyway... Can the player take part in restoring Ono and Ta-Koro after their destruction? You already let on that there's SOMETHING in Ta-Koro. Maybe the player can help some of the matoran there by collecting materials and other building supplies. You could even scatter Ta Koro matoran throughout the other Koros who will return once construction has proceeded a little or make it necessary for the player to seek out these matorna in order to proceed. Like 'we need another mason to help dam up the lava, I think Tahri is somewhere in Ko-Wahi if you can find him'...

Would love to see that in the final game, but am looking forward to it anyway! One month till we get to ride the Rahi right? I hope so lol

Muntua ;)

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This project is absolutely great guys! Will be downloading the game soon...

Btw, the banner says that there will be an Android version. When?

Not until the PC version is completed first. Stay tuned, and you can support us by putting our banner in your sig! (check the first post) :D

mnog3d_banner.jpg

"A fully explorable 3D version of the original island of Mata Nui is being developed. Copy this signature to support the project!"

Also, I know this won't be answered but I'm going to ask anyway... Can the player take part in restoring Ono and Ta-Koro after their destruction?

I cannot answer the other questions for various reasons, but this one I can because its rather obvious.

No, Ta Koro and Onu Koro wont be restored because the Matorans are preparing to move to Metru Nui.

What would then be the point of the long and daunting task of restoring the two koros?

Thanks, and great you like it ^^

I hope we can meet up to expectations in the next update.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

OH. MY. GOD. This is... I can't even... Wow. It's beautiful! I'm so impressed. I love the idea that Ga-Koro expands by growing. I always thought the difference between mnolg 1 and 2 was because they rebuilt after the pahrak invasion and just built more. But the growing lily pads seems like an awesome idea. Also, your mahi, kewa and those matoran head sculptures of Po-Koro are PERFECT

Just watched the pre-alpha trailer by CBW. Love the maneuverability. I saw the part where they jumped off into the water and made a very strange sound, almost like a moan of enjoyment. Also, I love that you incorporated the hilarious head banging of the Matoran while they talk. Just the other day I was play Mnolg at school, and my friend walked up. He saw me talking to Turaga Whenua and said, "How can you play that game? I would be laughing at the way they move the entire time."

Isn't that coral or something? It looks great if it is.

No, its meant to be a Rahkshi.

Yes.... yes its coral XD

Its meant to bear the likeness of the bubbly, clustery coral that can be seen underwater when diving from the hut to collect cowrey shells and seaweed.

lol. As soon as you said Rahkshi, I scrolled back up and looked at it again, soon realizing your sarcasm. Guess I fell prey to your dastardly ways. >.>

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 4

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

This project is absolutely great guys! Will be downloading the game soon...

Btw, the banner says that there will be an Android version. When?

Not until the PC version is completed first. Stay tuned, and you can support us by putting our banner in your sig! (check the first post) :D

Already done!)
SRC9Wkk.png

I've been playing this, and it's really cool! :)

Random notes/comments:

• The modeling is great!
  • For some reason, the water coming out of the Kaukau Nuva on the cliff is pink.
  • Is there a way to run or walk faster?
  • Suggestion: I think the lighting is a little dark in some places (especially under the lilypads). Could you change the light settings so that it's brighter? In the original MNOG II, the shadows weren't as dark. Another possibility would be to add fog or mist under the lilypads.
  • I really like the view underwater. Are there any cowrie shells and seaweed lying around anywhere?
  • How do I get out of the water if I accidentally fall in? Is there a way for me to swim in the water?
  • Is there supposed to be a random screw on the floor in Amaya's hut?

By the way, I'd like to help you guys out with this project! I can do writing, music, or modeling (although I've only used Blender before for modeling). :)

• Upvote 1

Tried this out for the first time today, and I gotta say... this is one of the coolest pieces of BIONICLE media - official or unofficial - that I've seen in my entire life. Definitely going to add the banner to my sig - this project is AMAZING!

I love how beautiful Ga-Koro is. I feel you did a really neat job capturing all the detail. One thing that still puzzles me is how to get out of the water once I fall in - that, and how to configure the game in start-up so that it's not laggy :P. Otherwise, very, very well done - I cannot wait for more!

I've been playing this, and it's really cool! :)

Random notes/comments:

• The modeling is great!
  • For some reason, the water coming out of the Kaukau Nuva on the cliff is pink.
  • Is there a way to run or walk faster?
  • Suggestion: I think the lighting is a little dark in some places (especially under the lilypads). Could you change the light settings so that it's brighter? In the original MNOG II, the shadows weren't as dark. Another possibility would be to add fog or mist under the lilypads.
  • I really like the view underwater. Are there any cowrie shells and seaweed lying around anywhere?
  • How do I get out of the water if I accidentally fall in? Is there a way for me to swim in the water?
  • Is there supposed to be a random screw on the floor in Amaya's hut?

By the way, I'd like to help you guys out with this project! I can do writing, music, or modeling (although I've only used Blender before for modeling). :)

1- Thanks ^^

2- Pink? Something's wrong there. I never had that. My guess its from missing textures. Try redownloading?

3- Hold the "SHIFT" key. Standard shooter controls.

4- If I'm correct the lighting/shading is still up to a lot of refinement.

5- Not yet. They still need to be implemented.

6- Specs is working on improving underwater controls, that includes getting out from water easier (for all you Ta, Po and Onu guys that hate getting their toes wet ^_^ )

7- I've... never seen that... o_o

Hey, I am a Blenderer, and its going fine.

• Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

There seems to be an issue with the gravity in the water. For people with lower framerates the gravity makes you sink really quickly and can't get off of the ground. With higher framrates the gravity works just fine. Normally you'd hold space to swim upwards but I've noticed some are unable to get off of the ground. This is being looked into. 

Also, as far as the pink waterfalls, what version are you using?

Like I said before, this game is great!

When you guys update, do I have to re-download the game with a different link, or does it automagically update?

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

7- I've... never seen that... o_o

It's to the left of Amaya in the hut. Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Liopleurodon/Bionicle/Other/Games/screenshot_2014-10-11_18.24.08.png

Also, as far as the pink waterfalls, what version are you using?

I downloaded from the link on the first page of this topic (V 0.10?) Here's a pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Liopleurodon/Bionicle/Other/Games/screenshot_2014-10-11_18.32.21.png

Edited by Liopleurodon

The pink water is there on lower quality settings, don't know exactly from when. At school i play on fast and it is there, at home (on the best one) it isn't. Anyways great work! And I hope that you release the models afterwards, so people can make remakes of MNOG I/II :D

Thank you! That'll help me find the root of it. 

Also, starting Monday, we are getting back to work on this project. Expect some new screens, updates, and exciting new details on the next chapter of MNOG 3D. A little sneak preview is this:

Ga-Wahi

Rahi fights

Inventory/item collection

Ga-Koro refined

Swimming fixed (hopefully)

Quality settings fixed

Assets redone

Style updated

...and more!

Unfortunately, the Kewa transit and Ussal pen lied. When they said come back in a month, they should have said come back in December. Yes, the new update will be in December. The reason for this is more time for tweaking and making sure everything is right!

Edited by specsowl

This is looking fantastic. I truly hope that it will see completion. I don't have much to say in terms of bugs that others haven't already mentioned. A few questions, though:

Will there will be some kind of combat? If so, how will it work?

Do you have plans to add a third person mode? If there is character customisation, third person would be great, especially if the camera can be controlled independently of the character's rotation.

Also, I am studying game design and would consider myself pretty decent at making 2D graphics, so if there are any positions I could help out with, I'd be very interested.

• Upvote 3

Wow! This is incredible! Seriously It's one of the best fanmade Bionicle games out there. Please keep up the good work! I have one question though: Are you planning on releasing a demo for mobile (Android/iOs) anytime soon or are you gonna work on those versions later on? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Wow! This is incredible! Seriously It's one of the best fanmade Bionicle games out there. Please keep up the good work! I have one question though: Are you planning on releasing a demo for mobile (Android/iOs) anytime soon or are you gonna work on those versions later on? Thanks!

I Hope I can answer this one...

I belive our main focus right now is making the game for PC, making it work as it is intended. Mobile port is not our priority right now.

I Hope I can answer this one...

I belive our main focus right now is making the game for PC, making it work as it is intended. Mobile port is not our priority right now.

Ok, thanks for answering!

I'll be looking forward to future updates for PC in the meantime.

Also, I know this won't be answered but I'm going to ask anyway... Can the player take part in restoring Ono and Ta-Koro after their destruction?

I cannot answer the other questions for various reasons, but this one I can because its rather obvious.

No, Ta Koro and Onu Koro wont be restored because the Matorans are preparing to move to Metru Nui.

What would then be the point of the long and daunting task of restoring the two koros?

Oh yeah. Ha. I totally knew that, was just... checking :P Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, the Kewa transit and Ussal pen lied. When they said come back in a month, they should have said come back in December. Yes, the new update will be in December. The reason for this is more time for tweaking and making sure everything is right!

Ah well, you know what they say. "Never trust an Ussal!" Will definitely be looking forward to the December release though. It's looking great!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!