Project MNOG 3D

specsowl

I don't mind at all! Thanks for asking first. Keep in mind this project IS a work in progress so even though you can only really walk, swim, and talk to people there will be actual GAMEPLAY in the future like combat, tool usage, and inventory as well as some other cool considered features. But in short, yes that would be awesome. Be sure to link it here when you make it! 

Oh you fellows just love teasing us don't you.  :D

And speaking of teasers, here's our pic of the day!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/278/1/f/gakoro_0009_2014_10_04_14_13_15_58_by_tattorack_d8_by_tattorack-d81nucl.png

Monday... so close... yet so... um... close I guess?

Its only coming closer and now Monday is only the day after tomorrow.

Sit tight people!

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I don't mind at all! Thanks for asking first. Keep in mind this project IS a work in progress so even though you can only really walk, swim, and talk to people there will be actual GAMEPLAY in the future like combat, tool usage, and inventory as well as some other cool considered features. But in short, yes that would be awesome. Be sure to link it here when you make it! 

I'll right. I'll do that once I get it done! Thanks!

• Upvote 4

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I can't help the "3"

For some reason those are how the numbers look like in the font package.

To be quite honest, I do not have the foggiest idea where that comes from...

The only font packages I have use the MOL numbers, but I can't seem to find one with the correct numerals.

bBhcfWO.png

Hmmmm.... here's an idea. maybe to spice up the combat, you could make the weapons out of actual lego pieces.

Now, here me out... let's say, you wanna make a staff-like weapon for melee combat. If you use a 6-stud long technic rod for the handle, it will reach further than a 4-long rod, giving you a bigger attack radius. And maybe if, say, you put a Gali hook of the end of it, that will deal more damage than, let's say, a Bohrok tooth. Of course, these wouldn't be CALLED such things in the game... that's just an example... but you could litter random pieces like that all over the island for the players to find or dig up and make their own weapons out of.

And then, just think of all the possibilities for disks that could be used as ranged weapons... maybe you could meet Nuparu and he'll construct a disk launcher for you (if you bring him the right parts), and that does twice as much damage as just throwing the disks with your hands does, or something like that.

Heck, depending on what kind of Matoran you choose to play as, that could effect everything about the gameplay! Maybe the Ga-Matoran could be able to hold their breath longer than other Matoran, or Onu-Matoran could be the strongest, or Le-Matoran could jump the highest, or Ko-Matoran could run the fastest, or Ta-Matoran could have the highest HP... all sorts of things!

• Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Those are all very good ideas, but the combat and class system has already been more or less figured out. Of course I'd tell you, but I want there to be some surprises :)

Edit: Also about the Kaukau nuva...it's in pretty early stages and poorly textured. I will hopefully fix that today. Plus the waterfall. But thank you!

Edited by specsowl

Wow, this looks amazing. I don't exaclty feel like reading all 4 pages right now, but I'll get to it. Unfortunatly, I don't think I'll be able to help, even though I'd love to. And I must say, the combat system that Nickon suggested sounded pretty darn awesome. I hope something like that is implemented. I will be following this closely.

Edited by Arzaki
  • Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Ooooh, well lookie here.

Hopefully this won't turn out like the last 3D MNOLG that tried to develop.  It died out in 2011, along with the forums ;-;

This looks more fruitful; I can't wait to check out the demo tomorrow, and I'll give feedback (if it works on my OS, that is).

Good luck with your future endeavours, and please don't let this die.

BTW, you were that one guy who applied for the skyrim mod, right?  I vaguely remember your work from when you tried to join them.

• Upvote 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Banners, people! With our pre-alpha launching tomorrow, this is a great time to show your support for the project and spread the word!

You can copy and paste this into your sig.

[url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/13995-project-mnog-3d][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/black592/myavatar/mnog3d_banner.jpg][/url]

More variations to come!

Edited by JDJackson

mnog3d_banner.jpg

"A fully explorable 3D version of the original island of Mata Nui is being developed. Copy this signature to support the project!"

r0ycUmF.jpg

Hello BZP! MNOG III: Destinies (aka MNOG3D) is now available to download the Pre-Alpha!

Follow the link here to download the ZIP

PC: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9317654/MNOG3D_PreAlpha.zip

MAC: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9317654/MNOG3D_PreAlpha_MAC.zip

• Tons of villagers to talk with
  • Classic Music
  • Beautiful visuals (still being worked on)
  • Exploration of Ga-Koro like never before!

Here are a few screens of things to look forward to!
JFzsosQl.jpg

gsxUxMAl.jpg

7B4vxh4l.jpg

0bS5OOWl.jpg

ARYPKwjl.jpg

yiy8yffl.jpg

Edited by specsowl

Will there be a Mac/browser version? I haven't got around to Boot Camping my Mac yet and would really like to play this.

As of right now no browser version until we can do some optimization. As far as Mac goes, we're working on it, but idk how soon we can get it.

Ok Mac Version is up for download!

Edited by specsowl

Just finished my thorough testing of it. What can I say. Wow. I am beyond impressed. For a pre-alpha of Ga-Koro, Its really good. Things that need changing:

-Stop Matoran from rotating to face you constantly, it's just kinda creeping and they don't even use their feet.

-general refining of graphical appearance - I have a really powerful card, so seeing some crisp images of this would be great.

-try to make the two soundtracks fade into each other, to make it smoother.

Other than that, good job. I look forward to seeing the next bit of progress.

-Bike

• Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Just finished my thorough testing of it. What can I say. Wow. I am beyond impressed. For a pre-alpha of Ga-Koro, Its really good. Things that need changing:

-Stop Matoran from rotating to face you constantly, it's just kinda creeping and they don't even use their feet.

-general refining of graphical appearance - I have a really powerful card, so seeing some crisp images of this would be great.

-try to make the two soundtracks fade into each other, to make it smoother.

Other than that, good job. I look forward to seeing the next bit of progress.

-Bike

Thank you for your feedback! As we mentioned before, there are a LOT of things we still have left to do. One is definitely cleaning up and refining our textures. There are also quite a few unfinished things like animations, so do not worry! I am glad, however, that you enjoyed it. 

I've noticed a few bugs particularly with window mode and game resolutions. In windowed mode, I can't seem to click anything without the game thinking I'm clicking outside the window and pausing. Setting the game to 1280x720 on my 4:3 monitor causes the image to stretch rather than letterbox, and my ACTUAL resolution, (1280x1024) is mysteriously absent from the list. O_o

Edited by Vahkiti: Time Guardian

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

I've noticed a few bugs particularly with window mode and game resolutions. In windowed mode, I can't seem to click anything without the game thinking I'm clicking outside the window and pausing. Setting the game to 1280x720 on my 4:3 monitor causes the image to stretch rather than letterbox, and my ACTUAL resolution, (1280x1024) is mysteriously absent from the list. O_o

I'll look into this issue and try and add the proper resolutions as well as making it not stretch

I'll look into this issue and try and add the proper resolutions as well as making it not stretch

Your attention is much appreciated. I must add that bugs or not, this is fantastic for a pre-alpha state! :)

...Also I am compelled to somehow find out what, if anything it inside that sunken hut. xD

• Upvote 2

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

Your attention is much appreciated. I must add that bugs or not, this is fantastic for a pre-alpha state! :)

...Also I am compelled to somehow find out what, if anything it inside that sunken hut. xD

If you can get in there now, at this state, more power to you :P But you will be disappointed. However, it is not there for no purpose and expect something in it in the future. In fact...expect something big and mean...

• Upvote 1

I just tried it, and it looks great! :D

The matoran who is wawing seems to never stop wawing for some reason tough, which looks a bit odd. also it was very laggy, but that is most likely my computer (it  is terrible).

but overall it was really cool, can't wait to see more!  ^_^

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

Err... Is this only available for 64-bit windows or something? It doesn't seem to work on my 32-bit.

Hm, it should work for both. Try right clicking and running in compatibility mode for 32 bit?

ah... and how exactly do you do that on windows vista? This really goes over my head at times...

Err... Is this only available for 64-bit windows or something? It doesn't seem to work on my 32-bit.

Hm, it should work for both. Try right clicking and running in compatibility mode for 32 bit?

ah... and how exactly do you do that on windows vista? This really goes over my head at times...

right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu.

Select the Compatibility tab. That should help

Nope, still saying 'look if it needs 32 or 64 bit'. 

Could you send me a few screenshots in a PM? If I myself cannot help you, I will discuss it with the devs to see what we can do!

Could you send me a few screenshots in a PM? If I myself cannot help you, I will discuss it with the devs to see what we can do!

okay, but I am afraid it will be in spanish...