OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I think a good compromise between brown and a brighter color is Hewkii's dark orange. That'd be a good color to see some more constraction sets in.

Sooo... Burnt Umber or whatever?

Actually, its official name is just Dark Orange :P

yeah, but if you had paint of that colour I believe it is burnt umber, which is why I call it thus.

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

Is there any particular order you will buy the sets in, assuming they keep the same 6 colors as original? Will you buy them in order of your first Toa Mata sets? Favorite colors? All at once? This is troublesome for me cause I'm like ocd about nostalgic things like this, and if they release the Toa Mata characters, I want to get them in the same order, but I've forgotten what that order is o.O

I will buy them all at once and build them in the order I got my first bionicles.

GUYS! 5 more days until NYCC

COME ONNNNNN 

Edited by Eclipsed

I really don't see what the problem is with brown sets.

When I first saw Bionicle back in 2001 Pohatu Mata is the first one that caught my eye and he is still my favorite Toa Mata up to this day.

The first Bohrok I bought was also brown.

To be quite honest, I found it rather lame they made him orange.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

When I first saw Bionicle back in 2001 Pohatu Mata is the first one that caught my eye and he is still my favorite Toa Mata up to this day.

Yeah, I really like Mata Brown, I think if the sale of brown sets went down or something it's probably 'cause Metru Brown was just... blegh, not the same, I think it's uglier. Here's hoping we get some brown back in the new sets, it needs more love.

• Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Yeah, I really like Mata Brown, I think if the sale of brown sets went down or something it's probably 'cause Metru Brown was just... blegh, not the same, I think it's uglier. Here's hoping we get some brown back in the new sets, it needs more love.

I kind of liked Metru Brown better, but I think what ruined it was the grey accents. The metallic colors would look better as a secondary to orange or yellow. 

bZpOwEr

I find it lame that we didn't get a brown set since 2006. I don't like Orange Pohatu either, but his design wouldn't be right with brown.

And I wouldn't change his design to be hones, he's the only one that actually reminded me of the original form.

• Upvote 3

Although I did like brown, I really like what they did with Hewkii in both of his Toa forms. However, I hated the color scheme on Pohatu Phantoka, I really don't like the color orange.

From what I see from the pictures, I think Hewkii in both of his forms looks pretty epic. But I agree that the orange was very disturbing, especially on Pohatu who we've seen already with a much better color scheme. The color orange in general is fine for me but is a little bright in Lego pieces and looks best on Onu matoran (nuparu)

My guess the Mask of Creation would come with some kind of titan set in the second half of the year. 

I think so, too. Unless they bring back mask packs... :br:

What if it is yellow? Remember in the initial countdown, all of the Mata colors were there except brown was replaced by yellow.

Nah, I don't think they'd do that, that's pretty far from brown. They'll probably make him some sort of orange or something. If they were to put yellow in a Stone Toa set it would probably be a secondary color, unless they're completely changing the color-element-coordination. :P

(Oh, and you may notice that the 2 coutndown images that Lego released were brick-built versions of openings like this, and perhaps the colored tiles may have just represented a color test on one of those countdowns?)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Ooh, a brown debate! Time for me to chip in with fun factsTM.

VERY technically, the official colors for Stone characters have been shades of yellow and orange from the very beginning. Pohatu's original colors were Earth Orange (Mata Brown, for those not in the know) and Brick Yellow (Tan). Earth Orange was the darkest Lego shade of orange, the same way Earth Blue (Metru Blue) was and still is the darkest Lego shade of blue. Earth Orange was discontinued in 2004. Hewkii used Dark Orange, which is still in production. Rahkshi Panrahk used Metallic Earth Orange, and was the only set to ever use that color.

When Earth Orange was discontinued, the brown sets started using 217 Brown, which was an odd color, since it was primarily used as a minifigure skin tone outside of Bionicle. Most other sets transitioned to Reddish Brown instead (which wasn't used in Bionicle until Avak). Brown was EXTREMELY subject to discoloration, and was discontinued in 2006.

Avak used Reddish Brown, with a secondary color of Sand Yellow (Dark Tan). He was the last "brown set" until Vorox (who could only arguably be considered a brown set). After Avak the Stone characters transitioned to using more standard shades of yellow and orange, like Flame Yellowish Orange (Keetorange) or Bright Orange. Carapar's mottled-brown color was achieved by blending Flame Yellowish Orange and Transparent Brown (the color used for things like most Star Wars cockpit glass).

As you can see, the colors of brown sets have varied tremendously over the years, but have almost always occupied the yellow/orange section of the color wheel. Considering that, it's easy enough to see why, when traditional brown sets' sales were flagging, Lego started using brighter yellow and orange sets, which stood out more and better matched the brighter colors of the Fire, Water, and Air sets.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I discovered an interesting color combination while hanging up shirts, of all things: I hung a purple shirt on a Dark tan (or, as Lyichir called it, sand yellow) hanger.  I liked the color combo enough that I made a MOC using those colors.  And I mean my own creation, not Mask of Creation.  I think it be cool to see as a set.  Or maybe purple and Mata Brown (earth Orange).

And yes, I had a purple shirt.  I don't remember why; it was some photography studio shirt.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I think a good compromise between brown and a brighter color is Hewkii's dark orange. That'd be a good color to see some more constraction sets in.

Or maybe the color for the copper huna masks from 2001, thats a good color.

That color is called Red Flip/Flop and it's been discontinued for years. No chance of seeing it in the new BIONICLE.

I kind of wish they had kept the "keetorange"/"gunmetal" colour scheme that they used for Hewkii Inika on future stone-affiliated characters. I really liked that colour scheme, and Hewkii was definitely my favourite of the Inika because of it. Plus, it would be easy enough to do with the current building system. I doubt it'll happen, though.

• Upvote 4

I am nearly certain that sets will be revealed at NYCC.

Uhh, they already said they were on the official Bionicle Facebook page :P

I don't have a Facebook.

You are blessed. Like, seriously.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I actually managed to get a free ticket to Comic Con for Friday. Anyone know if the panel will still be there?

The panel is on Thursday (and is invite-only, so you presumably can't get in unless you won your ticket from the LEGO Group via one of the fansites they gave them out to). But the LEGO exhibitor's booth will presumably be open for the entire event.

I don't have a Facebook.

I'm cool 'cus I use Google Plus  :P

I actually managed to get a free ticket to Comic Con for Friday. Anyone know if the panel will still be there?

I would go, but I heard that CC is just a bunch of waiting in line. I'd probably be all spastic after a few minutes and get kicked out of the building. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I don't have a Facebook.

Why all the hate on Facebook?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

With NYCC just a few days away what do you think we're gonna find out there, I believe we'll see at least one set image and also some story details, I'm also guessing it will be announced as a reboot. 

I'm sure its everything we're not allowed to talk about right now.

In particular that thing I'm not mentioning.

I don't have a Facebook.

Whaaaaaaa

What? Blasphemy?

H-how.... how did you....... I mean... you.... how.........

GAAH!!!

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

With NYCC just a few days away what do you think we're gonna find out there, I believe we'll see at least one set image and also some story details, I'm also guessing it will be announced as a reboot. 

I don't have a Facebook.

Whaaaaaaa

What? Blasphemy?

H-how.... how did you....... I mean... you.... how.........

GAAH!!!

I think he won it in that sweet contest that BZP was doing.

hTeXGIU.png

So the new island is known as Okoto, I'm sure someone out there is gonna cry "blasphemy it's called Mata Nui", But to me this name is perfect, it sounds like something you would get out of the old bionicle. It also shows me that lego aren't looking to dumb things down too much, and to those out there who hate this name(and there will be someone)they could have done what they did with ninjago where they just call it bionicle island or something.

It's time to move on.

So the new island is known as Okoto, I'm sure someone out there is gonna cry "blasphemy it's called Mata Nui", But to me this name is perfect, it sounds like something you would get out of the old bionicle. It also shows me that lego aren't looking to dumb things down too much, and to those out there who hate this name(and there will be someone)they could have done what they did with ninjago where they just call it bionicle island or something.

The island name you mention is from some apparently leaked documents. So admins will not be happy. Although most people including myself have deemed the documents fake.

hTeXGIU.png

The island name you mention is from some apparently leaked documents. So admins will not be happy. Although most people including myself have deemed the documents fake.

Go to the BZpower homepage, they've just confirmed this is the name.

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Go to the BZpower homepage, they've just confirmed this is the name.

Whoops. didn't see that.

hTeXGIU.png

I'm looking at the panel listing for Friday and I don't see anything involving Lego anywhere, unfortunately; as someone said, they should have a booth up all con... If there is, I'll meet you there for a fruity highfive or something :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Wow... My uncle even has connections and wasn't even able to get a press pass for me.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

I've found some interesting definitions for the new island name. I have a feeling it isn't just a word they made up, but a name they deliberately chose. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=okoto

Some of these fit with the Mask of Creation as well, and that bit about balance?

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar