OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Is PoS any good?

I've been kind of trying to ignore it, but... can we stop calling him PoS? That usually stands for... something else... that I can't really spell out on BZP. :P

I know there hasn't been much talk about the books that are to be released, but I've been thinking about it recently. Do you think the books will be released only in print, only on eBook platforms (like iBooks, etc.), or both?

If it's up to me, I would go with either only eBook platforms or both, especially because of the target audience for the online animations, which do look great if not somewhat better on smaller screens.

Judging from other current LEGO books, they will probably come out in both formats.

Is PoS any good?

I've been kind of trying to ignore it, but... can we stop calling him PoS? That usually stands for... something else... that I can't really spell out on BZP. :P

It's just an abbreviation of the set name, though - if we stop referring to the Protector of Stone as PoS, then we should also stop referring to the Protect of Fire as PoF. And so on.

I get what you mean, but in all honesty, we're on BZPower and discussing the sets in a topic specifically meant to discuss the sets. I don't think people will really confuse the two.

• Upvote 2

Hey, guys.

I wanted to apologize for how I've been portraying myself here. I know you guys probably don't like me very much but I assure you I'm actually a quiet guy. I've been really irritable and stressed out lately due to college and other personal issues but that's no reason to come here and let it out on you guys. I know the rules but sometimes I forget them when I'm angry or upset so I'm not able to really see things from a calm and polite perspective. I am not using this as an excuse, but I suffer from high functioning Autism (Asperger's Syndrome) and it's practically ruined my life. It makes me say and do the stupidest things when I'm not thinking straight (As you guys might have seen) and it's beyond annoying.

I've managed to overcome some aspects of it but for the most part I struggle. I really don't want to sound like an insensitive jerk. I love Bionicle and I love this site. I might not have many friends here but we're all in the same club, right? I'm not saying I won't ever mess up again, but I'll try to double check my posts to see if they are suitable for the discussion. Does that sound fair?

People might accuse me of being a 'troll' but this is not the truth. I just have a hard time interacting with people and saying things in a non offensive way. I've fought with this my whole life and it seems I'm not making much progress. Luckily, some users here have tried to assist me in this situation. From now on, if I want to express my strong opinions, I will place an 'I Think'( or a variation of that phrase) before doing so.

Thank you for understanding and please don't take anything I said before personally. I don't mean any of it. If it would make everybody feel better I could take a break for a couple of days or so and come back when I'm calm. (Personal issues notwithstanding.) Would that help?     

Hey, it's ok. I know how you feel, I've got some personal and college problems going on myself. You can talk to me if you need/want to.

I need me some leaked content that goes against certain policies. 

I've seen leaked images, and I won't give any details due to the policy here, but I will say this...my theory about them being undead appears to be true, judging by their looks. Pics are blurry though, and we'll get better looks at them soon.

I know there hasn't been much talk about the books that are to be released, but I've been thinking about it recently. Do you think the books will be released only in print, only on eBook platforms (like iBooks, etc.), or both?

If it's up to me, I would go with either only eBook platforms or both, especially because of the target audience for the online animations, which do look great if not somewhat better on smaller screens.

I think Lego is most likely going to release the books in digital format, seeing as that they are trying to reach kids who use (and often own) tablets every day.

LOOK! OFFICIAL STOP-MOTION BIONICLE SHORTS FROM LEGO!!!

Stone Guys

Jungle Guys

Ice Guys

Earth Guys

Water Girls

Fire Guys

These videos are great. XD

• Upvote 1

Hey, guys.

I wanted to apologize for how I've been portraying myself here. I know you guys probably don't like me very much but I assure you I'm actually a quiet guy. I've been really irritable and stressed out lately due to college and other personal issues but that's no reason to come here and let it out on you guys. I know the rules but sometimes I forget them when I'm angry or upset so I'm not able to really see things from a calm and polite perspective. I am not using this as an excuse, but I suffer from high functioning Autism (Asperger's Syndrome) and it's practically ruined my life. It makes me say and do the stupidest things when I'm not thinking straight (As you guys might have seen) and it's beyond annoying.

I've managed to overcome some aspects of it but for the most part I struggle. I really don't want to sound like an insensitive jerk. I love Bionicle and I love this site. I might not have many friends here but we're all in the same club, right? I'm not saying I won't ever mess up again, but I'll try to double check my posts to see if they are suitable for the discussion. Does that sound fair?

People might accuse me of being a 'troll' but this is not the truth. I just have a hard time interacting with people and saying things in a non offensive way. I've fought with this my whole life and it seems I'm not making much progress. Luckily, some users here have tried to assist me in this situation. From now on, if I want to express my strong opinions, I will place an 'I Think'( or a variation of that phrase) before doing so.

Thank you for understanding and please don't take anything I said before personally. I don't mean any of it. If it would make everybody feel better I could take a break for a couple of days or so and come back when I'm calm. (Personal issues notwithstanding.) Would that help?     

Hey, it's ok. I know how you feel, I've got some personal and college problems going on myself. You can talk to me if you need/want to.

Thank you, friend. I will remember that.

Can we talk about Gali?

Ok. I was thinking about getting her. This is my question- Gali or Onua?

GALI. Because she's so cool and awesome and you can give her dem hips with the Skull Spider masks.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I guess it's all the mixtures of colors, that 'spices' usually have.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Is PoS any good?

Yeah, I was very confused when I first read people saying "I really like the PoS"

I think I am glad I am not registering the alternate meaning of PoS. As I always see it here a Protector of Stone. Though it has got me interested as to what it is and why it is so bad.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ah.... wouldn't that be pos not PoS? Sorry just nitpicking I guess.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Can we talk about Gali?

Ok. I was thinking about getting her. This is my question- Gali or Onua?

Onua. I have both, and frankly, I don't understand all of the buzz about Gali; yes, she has a cool weapon and a novel way of adding double friction to her gearbox, but there isn't a lot else there. Onua, on the other hand, has a far more interesting gearbox build, and he's purple. Also there are the new shovel pieces, which I really like.

VBWj75sh.png

If I'm going to get another figure, its got to be Pohatu. Sorry Gali fans, but I need Pohatu to go with my Onua.

You know, brOTP and all that.

I hope Onua and Pohatu have some moments in this new storyline (one is used to the dark, one hates it, would be a great character-building interaction)

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

If I'm going to get another figure, its got to be Pohatu. Sorry Gali fans, but I need Pohatu to go with my Onua.

I hope Onua and Pohatu have some moments in this new storyline (one is used to the dark, one hates it, would be a great character-building interaction)

-NotS

Moments?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

-NotS

Moments?

Like bonding moments... sorry I didn't mean to be the inspiration for gratuitous fan-art. :(

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I know I'm commenting late on this, but I just saw the Bionicle stop motion videos and I think that they were all really good. Though Onua's was my favorite. I wasn't expecting the Protector of Earth to fall apart when Onua slammed his weapon into the ground. I also didn't expect Onua to at the Protector falling apart either. :P

As for the Toa sets themselves, I would that my favorite sets based on how they look would be Tahu, Kopaka, and Lewa. Tahu and Kopaka both have great builds and look really cool, but Lewa has really surprised me. At first, I didn't like how he looked. But as time went on, I realized that he is acually a really well built set. I even like his color scheme and mask a lot more now than I did when I got him.

I've liked all the 2015 sets, but Lewa is the only one that I've come to like even more after I got him. Which now makes him stand out as one of my favorites. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The PoS thing is hilarious...funny story about that, on the Black Ops Zombies map Moon, the space suit is called a P.E.S. and when you put it on, it says "P.E.S. active", but sometime I hear it as "P.O.S. active". Sometimes I hear/read P.O.S. as P.E.S. if I've played Zombies recently, lol. Funny how acronyms work in our minds, isn't it? If I say HP, most of ya'll will likely think of HP Pavilion, but I instantly think "horsepower". Back on topic, whoever was asking needs to get Gali, she's easily one of the best sets. Onua is amazing as well, so it's a hard pick between those. Get both if you can.

The PoS thing is hilarious...funny story about that, on the Black Ops Zombies map Moon, the space suit is called a P.E.S. and when you put it on, it says "P.E.S. active", but sometime I hear it as "P.O.S. active". Sometimes I hear/read P.O.S. as P.E.S. if I've played Zombies recently, lol. Funny how acronyms work in our minds, isn't it? If I say HP, most of ya'll will likely think of HP Pavilion, but I instantly think "horsepower". Back on topic, whoever was asking needs to get Gali, she's easily one of the best sets. Onua is amazing as well, so it's a hard pick between those. Get both if you can.

Imagine PoS in a PeS.  :P

cringe

So a slight change of subject, has anyone noticed the arrival pics for the new Toa look uncanny similar almost as if there was a single image the artists drew and basically superimposed the colors and Toa/Protectors onto it? Here I'll show you,

linked the thumbs:

120px-Toa_Tahu_arrival.png120px-Toa_Kopaka_arrival.png120px-Toa_Gali_arrival.png120px-Toa_Onua_arrival.png120px-Toa_Lewa_arrival.jpg120px-Toa_Pohatu_arrival.png

Tell me I am not the only one who sees this...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 2

Onua.png

They all use the exact same smoke image, similar foreground, similar mountainous background, same Toa-towering-over-Protector pose...yeah, they all look close to identical. Doesn't bother me though, I like how all six Toa are going through the same thing separately.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

So are we gonna talk about the leaked summer set images or is that not allowed?

It's not allowed, Snickers.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So a slight change of subject, has anyone noticed the arrival pics for the new Toa look uncanny similar almost as if there was a single image the artists drew and basically superimposed the colors and Toa/Protectors onto it? Here I'll show you,

linked the thumbs:

120px-Toa_Tahu_arrival.png120px-Toa_Kopaka_arrival.png120px-Toa_Gali_arrival.png120px-Toa_Onua_arrival.png120px-Toa_Lewa_arrival.jpg120px-Toa_Pohatu_arrival.png

Tell me I am not the only one who sees this...

Oh yeah...

cringe

Well I mean if we have these, images, then why are we still only getting Tahu centered videos? I want more of Onua and Lewa so we can see to what extent his powers cover air and the jungle.

Onua.png