Ode To The Old Masks

banana92

this is a general discussion about, well what ever masks you like, or dislike (i'm trying to center this around the 2001-2003 era of kanohi, but I won't tell you what you can write :br: ). So first off, I've noticed that there is a black ruru, a white matatu :matatu: (as well as the other misprint colors) There is also a brown komau :komau: , and I've seen a real blue noble rau :rau: , I'm wondering, if, just maybe somewhere out there, if there is a red huna, and a green mahiki :mahiki: , prolly not since I'm sure they would have been discovered since, post your thoughts of masks you think should have been made, masks you've seen, or anything, (also there is a white huna, a dark red huna, a dark blue matatu, several dark blue/white miru :miru: , a yellow huna :huna: , and ruru :ruru: , and I've seen also a transparent blue rau. so what should they have made, and in what color? post... now! go go go...

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Oh, yes, those older masks. I particularly liked that they weren't just on the sets for the sake of being there--rather, they seemed to have been carefully constructed and made an actual part of the sets (as collectibles) and story. It seems like '01 was the only year of Kanohi where I really cared about them (or collectibles in general), so they certainly have a degree of importance to me. ~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

'01 masks are the best. I usually portray my self-MOC with a black Kakama, but all 12 of the '01 Great and Noble masks have the best designs and shapes of any mark or helmet in the BIONICLE universe.

I definitely agree with you about the 01 designs being the best, the nuva masks were cool, but not for matoran, and not really in all colors, but the originals, i loved. I wished they'd made more in the mctoran (tohunga) colors though like a complete set.

I'd imagine there are, since there are mata colors of all the other Noble masks.

I haven't seen a mata colored mahiki yet, so i hope there is one.

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

To be honest, I like all the Kanohi Olda from 2001! :) But I really like the misprints from 2001. I also like all the other rare and special Masks...

The black ruru wasn't a misprint.I have a red Ruru and Matatu.

You are a little bit wrong. The Black Ruru is a real misprint, but it's not very rare anymore, because it came with the Power Pack (with Tohunga Hafu) and with 2003 Matoran Hafu.Also your Red Ruru isn't very rare anymore. Like the Black Ruru, it is a misprint, but is not as rare as the other misprints because it was featured with the BIONICLE Clock.

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

I'd quite like to see all the '01 great kanohi in the colours of the noble masks, particularly the Hau and and kaukau.

I agree, but remember, the hau is in dark grey, the pakari is in orange and light blue, and the kaukau is in light blue as a misprint.

To be honest, I like all the Kanohi Olda from 2001! :) But I really like the misprints from 2001. I also like all the other rare and special Masks...

The black ruru wasn't a misprint.I have a red Ruru and Matatu.

You are a little bit wrong. The Black Ruru is a real misprint, but it's not very rare anymore, because it came with the Power Pack (with Tohunga Hafu) and with 2003 Matoran Hafu.Also your Red Ruru isn't very rare anymore. Like the Black Ruru, it is a misprint, but is not as rare as the other misprints because it was featured with the BIONICLE Clock.
yea, but i'd still love both of those masks, the ruru is my favorite mask, and comes in 15 colors (which is the most) including the metru dark red/silver

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

same here with every color, and the NOBLE ruru has be discovered in all mata colors, all turaga colors (that's 12) yellow, trans blue, and red/silver blend, i want the yellow because it's the rarest, i think 3 or so exist.

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Hmm, my favorite would be gold/yellow hau or a matatu.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

btw i know every color that has so far been discovered of the old kanohi masks, and of every mask, not counting a select few i have counted 136 different 2001-2002 kanohi, i'll make a list next post.All Masks From 2001-2002 :hau: Hau : Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Yellow, Dark Grey, Infected, Gold, Silver, Chrome, :pakari: Pakari: Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Orange, Light Blue, Purple, Gold, Silver :kakama: Kakama: Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Dark Orange, Aqua, Gold, Silver :miru: Miru: Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Aqua, Trans. Lime, Gold, Silver, (Dark Blue/White and inverted mix, prototype) :akaku: Akaku: Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Sand Blue, Gold, Silver :kaukau: Kaukau: Trans.Red, T.Dark Grey, T.Orange, T. Dark Green, Clear, T. Blue, T.Light Blue, T.Yellow, Gold, Silver :huna: Huna: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, Yellow, White, Dark Red, Blue, Black, Black/Silver Copper :ruru: Ruru: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Trans. Blue, Yellow, D.Red/Silver :komau: Komau: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, Yellow, Brown, Dark Blue/Silver, Copper :mahiki: Mahiki: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, White/Silver :matatu: Matatu: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, Red, Black, Brown, Green, White, Blue, Dark Blue (prototype), Dark Green/Silver :rau: Rau: Orange, Dark Grey, Tan, Lime, Light Grey, Light Blue, Blue (unconfirmed color), Trans. Blue (on prototype, unconfirmed) Flesh Brown/Silver :vahi: Vahi: Orange, Gold (i've underlined the ones I own as) well

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I prefer Hau, Mahiki, Muri, and Vahi. Kakama and Kaukau are okay too. The rest I'm neutral about.

the hau was my first mask, (tahu, go figure) i have no turaga, nor there original mask, but i own all the mask types, except the rau, and kaukau (both water) I have the gold vahi, but desperately want the orange lol but i own all mctoran masks, had all the toa masks, but lost kaukau, and some other colored turaga masks, i have 31 different masks, i could make a list, but rather not unless asked. (And congrats on ur 700th post) Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I prefer Hau, Mahiki, Muri, and Vahi. Kakama and Kaukau are okay too. The rest I'm neutral about.

the hau was my first mask, (tahu, go figure) i have no turaga, nor there original mask, but i own all the mask types, except the rau, and kaukau (both water) I have the gold vahi, but desperately want the orange lol but i own all mctoran masks, had all the toa masks, but lost kaukau, and some other colored turaga masks, i have 31 different masks, i could make a list, but rather not unless asked. (And congrats on ur 700th post)
Pakari was my first, but Miru is my fav.Edit: OMG, I never noticed that. Thanks! Wow, 700 posts. Edited by knuckles chaotix

the hau was my first mask, (tahu, go figure) i have no turaga, nor there original mask, but i own all the mask types, except the rau, and kaukau (both water) I have the gold vahi, but desperately want the orange lol but i own all mctoran masks, had all the toa masks, but lost kaukau, and some other colored turaga masks, i have 31 different masks, i could make a list, but rather not unless asked. (And congrats on ur 700th post)
Pakari was my first, but Miru is my fav.Edit: OMG, I never noticed that. Thanks! Wow, 700 posts.
yea, miru, and kakama tend to be peoples favorites, my favorite noble is ruru, and idk my favorite great kanohi, there all cool, it depends on the build and color, but i love the purple pakari, they needed more purple masks, i still think they should have at least made a mask pack for the mctoran colors at least...

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I'd looked back at my masks collection. I really like the Vahi. It has a really nice disign, and it's the fist Kanohi Mask made by LEGO.I also really like the Toa Kaita with my Chrome Rua or a White Miru (awsome!!). And I like the White Hau (it's just a cool mask)

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

I'd looked back at my masks collection. I really like the Vahi. It has a really nice disign, and it's the fist Kanohi Mask made by LEGO.I also really like the Toa Kaita with my Chrome Rua or a White Miru (awsome!!). And I like the White Hau (it's just a cool mask)

hmmm... i never knew the vahi was the first lego kanohi, i thought the hau always was

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

hmmm... i never knew the vahi was the first lego kanohi, i thought the hau always was
No, I think what he means is that its the first Kanohi designed by the Bionicle team.I really love all the gold masks, especially the gold hau and vahi. They're so cool!

I love the '01 masks. The Kakama, Ruru, and Huna are my favorites, but they're all awesome. I'm hoping to someday soon acquire each '01 Great mask in each Mata color.On the subject of misprints, I believe that each noble mask was misprinted in each Mata color. By the way, did you know that while there are Mata red and black Rurus that were created as misprints, neither of these colors is actually considered a misprint color for that mask? A black Ruru was included in both 8546 BIONICLE Power Pack and 8585 Hafu. The Mata red Ruru was included in 7397 BIONICLE Clock.And yes, the Vahi was the first Kanohi to be designed. (Source: BS01) :t: :b: :3:

Q2TtLEz.png

No, I think what he means is that its the first Kanohi designed by the Bionicle team.I really love all the gold masks, especially the gold hau and vahi. They're so cool!
Yes. What I mean to say is that the Vahi was the first Kanohi that was disigned by LEGO.

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

I love the '01 masks. The Kakama, Ruru, and Huna are my favorites, but they're all awesome. I'm hoping to someday soon acquire each '01 Great mask in each Mata color.On the subject of misprints, I believe that each noble mask was misprinted in each Mata color. By the way, did you know that while there are Mata red and black Rurus that were created as misprints, neither of these colors is actually considered a misprint color for that mask? A black Ruru was included in both 8546 BIONICLE Power Pack and 8585 Hafu. The Mata red Ruru was included in 7397 BIONICLE Clock.And yes, the Vahi was the first Kanohi to be designed. (Source: BS01) :t: :b: :3:

indeed i did know about the ruru's, other then costs, i'm pretty knowledgeable about kanohi masks, i wish to someday own them all, and i love mine, the 31 1 have are in almost mint condition, (other then the 5 toa mata ones i have which i had when i was young and thus have scratches) (also, both of my blue kaukau masks were stolen and i wish i had mine back :P boo to stealing people. i also made a list of every 01-02 kanohi above, it contains 136 (or it should, i didn't count but i created an excel speadsheet to count)

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

:hau: Anything red or gold Hau-related. Not only was Tahu my favorite, but my self-MOC back in the day shared his mask. :hau:But since you're not specifically limiting it to '01-'03, I'll also go with Lhikan's Hau. Yes, I have a thing for Hau-wearing Fire Toa.

Like most of the crowd here (and anyone who bought all the original Toa) I like the orignal masks the best. But the Pakiri, Hau and Kakama were always my favourite. The only real interesting masks I got was from one mask pack I bought once (the only one I bought) and it had: gold(ish) Pakiri, purple Pakiri (like Nuparu's) and blue Kakama. I have no idea what ever happened to the Kakama, because I remember having right up until 2004, then I think I probably traded if for a Bohrak or something....MTL

I love the Hau, the Miru and the Kakama. Particularly the Hau, as you can see on my avatar and my signature. :P In my opinion it is the best mask LEGO has ever designed, simple, but with an individual shape and a lot of character and charisma, overall, a perfect symbol for BIONICLE.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^