BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

You can write "Tyler promptly curbstomped everyone" and transition to Dos Equis

I like this plan

And then Voltex gets what he wanted. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

You can write "Tyler promptly curbstomped everyone" and transition to Dos Equis

I take offense to the idea that I of all people would be expected to end a game with a single lame sentence.

Plus, sickness tells me to go to bed early and try to get stuff to start cooperating again.

Chro and Voxumo were really the only people I was afraid of through this entire game, besides maybe Ehks - I debated killing him at least two night cycles AND a day.

-Tyler

Is it wrong of me to say that I feel somewhat honored that you actually feared me... so rarely do i get to hear such sweet words in the same sentence.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Chro and Voxumo were really the only people I was afraid of through this entire game, besides maybe Ehks - I debated killing him at least two night cycles AND a day.

-Tyler

Is it wrong of me to say that I feel somewhat honored that you actually feared me... so rarely do i get to hear such sweet words in the same sentence.

That rather depends... After all, if everyone fears you in Mafia, your chances of survival are rather limited, even if you can pull off a Voltex-style bluff.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

-Tyler

You've had it out for me in games before and I figured that, as an RPG forum regular, you were one of the people who could have really figured me out early.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

-Tyler

You've had it out for me in games before and I figured that, as an RPG forum regular, you were one of the people who could have really figured me out early.

-Tyler

To be completely honest. I don't generally follow the rpg forum nearly at all, except for the Bzprpg section and even then only the topics I have a character in. Though also I didn't have the foggiest clue you were the drifter until ehks little 'reveal' post, but at that point I had already given my suggestion on who to kill to my fellow mafia.. which it came down to you and windrider. 

And have I had out for you? Hmm hadn't really noticed. Certainly wasn't as intentional as my hitman rivalry with Chro... 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

What kind of chimera though? The mythical liongoatsnake, or this lobster?

animal-color-mutations-14.jpg

I'd be more terrified of the lobster.

although I'm pretty sure I know the reason why that lobster is two different colors.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

What kind of chimera though? The mythical liongoatsnake, or this lobster?

animal-color-mutations-14.jpg

I'd be more terrified of the lobster.

although I'm pretty sure I know the reason why that lobster is two different colors.

Was it trying to imitate two lobsters, thus escaping being flung out to sea?

Will you, won't you, will you, won't you tell us what you know?

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

To be completely honest. I don't generally follow the rpg forum nearly at all, except for the Bzprpg section and even then only the topics I have a character in. Though also I didn't have the foggiest clue you were the drifter until ehks little 'reveal' post, but at that point I had already given my suggestion on who to kill to my fellow mafia.. which it came down to you and windrider. 

And have I had out for you? Hmm hadn't really noticed. Certainly wasn't as intentional as my hitman rivalry with Chro... 

I found the odd "Hosted a game in RPG" to be a tad...too specific. After narrowing down who it could be, I only had Tyler as someone who hosted a game in the RPG forum.

Which I found oddly suspicious. Shoulda woulda coulda got him lynched as Drifter instead of Mafia, but alas...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

DAY FOUR - THE END

Far over, the staff’s broken bones...

It existed only in legends, fables, and the tales of travelers driven insane by their experiences. It had existed as nothing more than a phantom, a training ground for one to prove to the others that they were better, more worthy. It could only – would only – should have only – existed as a mere figment of imagination, as the wisp of a dream (or a nightmare) resting there, foreboding, at the edges of minds, never to be forgotten. How it ever came to be within the collective minds of the players was a question that would never – could never – should never – be answered. For it to truly exist would be for everything else to have truly existed as well, for all of those countless bloody battles to be real, and not just the figment of some madman’s imagination. Hundreds of feet into the air with smoke always blooming from its peak, its rocky, jagged slopes burning eternally and treacherously alluring, a living death trap designed for only the most curious of subjects.

Through plot twists deep, to games unknown...

It was the end and the beginning. It was, once, called Mt. Power. Now, it was merely a nameless facility hidden within a great desert, designed to protect the Voltex Constant. A crystal that was shattered with ease. Every player summoned to protect it dead and gone, forgotten in the past and dead in the future.

We must away, ere break of day…

Now, with Mafia itself on the eve of destruction, it is the end. No more hosts abusing control, no more crystals to be shattered. Just the final players standing between the Drifter and their success. With the spirit of Mafia still alive and free, all that matters now is survival. Survival of the fittest - and the Drifter, it seems, is the fittest of them all.

To see the games, Mafia holds….

---

There comes a time when everything must end.

For Mafia, that was no different.

When the First Age ended, a drought the likes of which had never been seen before struck the lands on BZPower. During this drought, great changes occurred, and many players were lost forever. But some came back; and a fresh wave of players arrived. So the Second Age began, plagued with chaos and uncertainty. Before a new rhythm could be found, it was over; it was done. The Second Age had collapsed upon itself, and the realm of Mafia was a wasteland.

Then, one player rose from the ashes, journeying through the Desolation to claim the Staff of Unlimited Power. They rebooted Mafia once more; and so the Third Age began. The Third Age lasted long, bringing with it players from the First Age, Second Age, and those newcomers foolish enough to believe they had what it took to survive in this harsh realm. While at first, there were only minor hiccups to what was otherwise the greatest of the Ages, eventually, things took a downward turn. Players began to disappear; hosts began to vanish into thin air. The crop of new players slowly ran dry. Inspiration was lost; and yet new concepts, new twists, new gimmicks, were added again, and again, and again. The Third Age had outlasted the First in both game count and years, and yet in time, it too failed.

It died a slow, painful death.

And when it finally died, there was almost nothing of the Third Age left to recover.

No games. No locations. No twists. No roles. No hosts.

Almost nothing at all. Nearly everything was gone.

But something remained - players. Memories.

Six guardians, hidden away for countless years, guarding the spirit of Mafia until the day came when one foolish enough to think that they could destroy it would come along. And by trying to destroy Mafia, they would instead save it - revitalize it.

Unfortunately, Voltex had not taken measures to guarantee the survival of the players… or even himself.

---

Voltex fell to his knees, coughing blood, as the Drifter walked towards him, activating their plasma cannon. He closed his eyes, accepting his fate, even as the others entered the room. The remaining players were too late to save him; the host’s head was melted away by a blast from the plasma cannon.

“Hey!” Chro yelled, stepping forward and brandishing his sword. “Your time is over now!”

“Is that so?” the Drifter asked, turning to face them. “Try me.”

Shadowhawk and ToaD glanced at each other as Chro charged towards the Drifter, swiftly dodging a plasma blast and stabbing his sword through the back of Tyler Durden, host of the Drifter. For a moment, Tyler’s head was his own as he cried out in shock and pain - and then the Drifter was back in control, pushing the blade back through and turning on Chro, punching him into a wall as the wound healed.

“My powers sustain this body, they keep it alive,” the Drifter snarled. “I cannot be killed!”

“I’m getting really tired of villains saying that,” ToaD said, stepping towards them. “You always say that, and then you inevitably die.”

The Drifter did not bother responding, instead firing a blast right at him. Shadowhawk ducked out of the way as the blast expanded, enveloping ToaD and incinerating him instantly. Chro let out another battle cry, but was stopped short as a concentrated plasma blast cut right through his neck, beheading him. The Drifter turned to Shadowhawk.

“We’ve worked out a deal before,” Shadowhawk said, shrugging. “Perhaps we could do so again?”

“No,” the Drifter whispered. “Absolutely not.”

The Drifter shot forward, lunging at Shadowhawk; the killer deftly dodged the attack, but he did not anticipate the hatchet that was thrown right between his eyes a split second later. As Shadowhawk slumped to the floor, the Drifter seemed to unfocus.

“Get out of me,” Tyler said.

“Let you go?” the Drifter asked, laughing cruelly. “You would fall apart immediately, killed from the many wounds that my powers hold at bay. I am the only reason you are alive. No… you shall remain my host for now, Tyler Durden. And perhaps someday, should I feel merciful… I shall let you die.”

The Drifter took control once more, tossing the plasma cannon away. They spared the bodies of the host and the three players a brief glance before stalking away.

ToaD (Matoran) executed.

Chro (Matoran) executed.

Tyler Durden (Drifter) survived first execution.

Shadowhawk (Mafia) killed by Drifter.

Tyler Durden (Drifter) wins the game! Neutral victory all-around!

Thanks for playing. I’ll leave this game topic open for a couple hours before I have it closed.

• Upvote 9